U.S. Coast Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,022 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Machinery Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 22, 2016
great opportunities to travel and learn military always is the best option to grow yours skills. Serve our country was the best that ever happens to my and my family.
Pros
Exelents benefits
Cons
Travel a lots
The Coast Guard is a great organization.
Machinery Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 19, 2015
The Coast Guard has been a great job. During my enlistment I learned leadership, teamwork, discipline and structure. With the skills I've acquired in the Coast Guard combined with the veteran benefits, I have been set up for a successful life.
Pros
Great benefits, wide range of training and job experience.
Cons
Sometimes this job requires you to spend a lot of time away from your family.
Productive Service
Chief Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 6, 2016
Great job with many benefits including travel and life saving missions.
Got to travel most of North and South America and community involvement.
Pros
Healthcare, income
Cons
Time away from family
Loved my postion
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 31, 2016
Enjoyed getting to know how a military/civilian office operates. Received hundreds of packages during panel time, where they all had to be entered through our database system. When someone was promoted for their accomplishments we all came to together as one & celebrated.
Responsible, Supportive, Productive, and Friendly Work life.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New York, NY, Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2015
My overall military career in the Coast Guard and the Navy has been some of the best years of my life with some of the best people I've ever met. I constantly reflect back on my times working there, and how great it was.
Everyone knew the mission and everyone supported each other to balance work and life.
I'm grateful to have served my country this way.
30 Year Coast Guard Career
Machinery Technician Chief (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKDecember 28, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my career in the military, I explored many avenues to ensure I could be of use in any situation, I always took on more responsibilities than was expected of me. I wanted to ensure that people knew that there was nothing I would ask them to do that I wouldn't do
Pros
Experience
Cons
Away from family
Coast Guard
FN/SK (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIMarch 17, 2016
I worked at a Sector and my job changed daily. I liked that in the morning I could be doing one this and by the end of the day its completely different. I was at a unit that was in an isolated area which was difficult outside of work.
favorite places
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKApril 14, 2016
love it, it's alaska I should not have to say much about the job it's wonderful great place to work and lovely people. it's high cost of living but that's it.
Pros
KODiak
Cons
Not much
There is no better job than saving lives for a living!
Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2016
- Lots of travel around the world

- Great opportunities for advancement

- Pride in serving your country

I really enjoyed my time in the Coast Guard and I encourage any young person who can't figure out what to do with their life to join!
It's Like a Second Family
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 23, 2016
After 20 years in aviation you will know just about everyone at all of the CG Air Stations. A small service with only 3000 in aviation.
Pros
Best military service you could enter.
Cons
Frequent moves & lots of duty.

Want to know more about U.S. Coast Guard?

Ask a question
Professional atmosphere trade skills looked upon and consulted for various complex construction projects from design to completetion
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIDecember 17, 2015
Completely satisfied with career path. Looking to pursue same type of atmospere in the private sector. Leverage my 26 years of military experience and training to further adhance career goals.
Military life
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJuly 1, 2016
The US Coast Guard provides military life, with a great view everywhere you go! Proud to have served after 9/11. Here are some more words to finish the review
Productive and fast paced work environment
Legal Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2015
It was a challenging and engaging work environment, where my limits were tested constantly. I had the opportunity to engage in many different areas of law including Criminal, Real Estate, Agency, Marine Transport, and Landlord/Tenant. I enjoyed it there so much I stayed on three time longer than the average intern, and I formed and lead a strong and dedicated group of interns during the Summer and Fall of 2016.
Outstanding Organization to Work For
Chief of Operations and Training (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 25, 2016
I am proud to have been fortunate enough to work for this organization. If you meet the requirements I would recommend investigating what they have to offer through a recruiter.
US Military
Operations Specialist Petty Officer Second Class (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
Great military organization. Boot camp in Cape May, NJ is 8 weeks. Sleep deprivation is the hardest thing about basic training.
A good place for personal development.
Maritime Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 18, 2015
A structured and productive workplace that yielded a stable work/life balance. This assignment was all about what you make of it so I used my time to attend night classes. Compared to other military units, this place was slow paced, yet our mission was very important. I met some great people and really got to focus on my personal life while I continued to serve our country.
Pros
Sense of honor, excitement, job security and upward mobility
Cons
Locational stability, dangerous, physically demanding
This job sucked
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 13, 2016
I was not happy with this job or with management. They did not treat me very well and were not willing to help me to improve myself.
Pros
Working with service members
Cons
managment
Great unit
Command Senior Chief/Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2016
Outstanding people, everyone worked as a team and unit no matter what the task to get the mission done in a timely fashion.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
unit needs money for upgrades
Demanding job with high level of adversity.
Aviation Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMay 1, 2016
The Coast Guard was an incredible experience. Typical days at work were subject to change at any minute of the day. Search and rescue cases took priority over all other tasks. I learned many things while in the service. The most important in the Coast Guard being the ability to work as a team with people from everywhere in the United States. This was pivotal in being successful in saving lives and forming a cohesive group. Furthermore, it allowed smooth operation during a crisis situation no matter who was performing what role. My coworkers were constantly changing and providing new insights and viewpoints. This allowed for an environment that was not boring and highly educational. The most difficult part of the job was potential for very long hours with no sleep and having to perform crucial tasks without error while highly fatigued. The most enjoyable was the incredible people that I would meet and the ability to fly as a crew member in our military aircraft.
Pros
Great benefits, highly engaging environment
Cons
Amount of time spent at work.
Gave me a since of belonging
Electriction (Former Employee) –  all over the USJune 30, 2016
Great job to see to world and everything there is out in it. I've been to the North Pole and the South Pole as well as seen all the Caribbean.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Coast Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5