U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group

U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group Employer Reviews

Proactive enviorment, really help paitnets out
Student Extern (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch break, friendly
Cons: waiting room took forever
Typical day at US Healthworks was good they would provided excellent medical attention and solve patients medical needs.
Amazing facility with friendly people!
Clinical Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: people to talk to, experience new things, etc.
Cons: not being able to speak or understand spanish, etc.
Brilliant place filled with wonderful staff and peers. Managing time through Physicals which included an eye test and Urinalysis most of the day. Rooming patients as well as taking their vitals; making sure they are ready when the doctor comes in.

Learned quite a bit while working there. From respect to hospitality. Learned also that if you don't have – more... anything to do work related, to always ask someone as they will always find something for you to do regardless if you can't see it yourself.

Hardest part of the job is to not look at the clock. It seems to slow down much faster when you do look at it as opposed to when you don't. Another hard thing about the job is trying to get a firm understanding of things that you have no experience with, as some of the tasks placed before you can be pretty complicated at first. Just got to grit your teeth and eventually it becomes second nature. – less
Very fast pace office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 14, 2014
This office see's way too many patient's with very limited time. At this office, a patient is definitely just a number
Good company
Night supervisor/Part-time (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJMay 8, 2014
I work part time and I love he people I work with us healthworks and I love the people I work with. the company is pretty much your average company.
Beautiful Place & Nice Employee
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: lunch time there always a gifts for ex, cupcakes, cakes, foods, etc...
Cons: n/a
I did my Extern (160 hours) and overall my work has been busy but I love working there and the employee are very nice and patient. What I really enjoy the most was nice comments that I receive from different patients, which made me motivate.
Medical assistance and xray position
Radiological Technologist, Safety/CPR Trainer, (Current Employee), Reading PAApril 30, 2014
Pros: 3 days a week, no weekend or late night shifts
Cons: staffing cut, no raises for 4 years
Worked 3 days a week at 11 hours a day.
Enjoyed seeing all the patients and helping them with their needs.
I have learned a lot from medical assistance tasks to assisting with sutures and trauma cases.
Management is very nice and helps out in any way she can, but unfortunately corporate puts too much unneccesary work on her so stress is a huge factor.
The – more... hardest part of my day is the language barrier. I try very hard to learn some spanish but medical terminology is very hard to understand and learn.
My favorite time of my day is getting to know the patients I take back. Acutally being able to talk to them and hear their stories is the best. It's nice to have a patient come back in months/years later and remember you! – less
Good work environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Good place to work. The most that I like about was the empathy with the Medical Director, a Doctor with a lot of Expertise.
Good learning experience
WORKMAN'S COMPENSATION COLLECTOR (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAApril 21, 2014
Learned a lot about workers compensation collections.
My job hours are 7:00 to 3:30pm
Productive and great place to work for.
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Gardena, CAApril 14, 2014
A typical day was busy and I learned that patience and understanding with others is important. Management was great always communicated with the staff. Co-Workers team work was always important. Hardest job was unable to do more for the patient, and my most enjoyable part was being able to help others and knowing that they leave feeling better.
productive
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
fun energetic busy
Medical assistant (Former Employee), sacramento caApril 4, 2014
fun energetic and always busy the people here are nice and work well with others
overall not a bad place of employment
Employee (Former Employee), Chino, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: health insurance, busy, great coworkers
Cons: working job of 3 people same pay!
busy, on your feet moving company, which makes time fly, one person has to many responibilties with no recognition, staff is like family.
Excellent Company with room to grow and excel.
Center manager (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 17, 2014
Excellent company with great management and work ethics. Room to grow and demonstrate that hard work does pay off. Training and education provided in all aspects of the career field.
US HealthWorks
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I loved this place. I enjoyed everyday that I was there during my extern. I wish they would have been hiring after I completed my hours because I would have loved to work with the people that I became close too while being there for 2 months.
Productive and caring workplace
Internship (Former Employee), National City, CAFebruary 5, 2014
I had a pleasant experience doing my internship here because of the employees there who took the time to train me. It is a very productive and fast paced work environment which is always a plus because you well never get bored, you'll always have something to do. The only challenge I had encounter was doing blood draws and suture removals, only because – more... I do not have the much experience with that but all I have to do is keep practicing and learning. – less
USHW
Therapy Referral Coordinator/Patient Registrar (Current Employee), Chino, CAFebruary 3, 2014
It is a very busy clinic. Understaffed, and low pay with a lot of work requested to be completed.
I LIKED IT A LOT.
MEDICAL ASSIST (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: everythings good
Cons: n/a
MY EXPEREINCES THERE WAS REALLY FUN ADN I LOVED THE FAST PACE, I LEARNED A LOT DURING MY EXTERN THERE.
Never felt like part of the team.
Referral Specialist (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Cons: short lunches, uniforms not provided.
My day began at 7:45a, I would open the front office area and start greeting and registering patients a 8:00. Relief would then arrive at 9:00a. I would then process the Workers Comp. charts from the day before, some would need filed with the BWC to obtain claim numbers and some may require forms called a C-9 which is a request for services such as – more... Physical Therapy, MRI's and such. I also reviewed doctors notes to make sure they were completely filled out for the billing office and for sending out to Employers/Managed Care Organizations for processing. Prepare the deposit from monies collected from the day before and print reports to show what was collected. Send all to billing office by Fed Ex. Cover front desk during lunches. After lunches I would finish any copying, faxing, scanning and phone calls. Would also fill out Medco 14's which are activity status reports for employers that are given to the employee when they leave from their appointments. This form details the workers work restrictions. Some employees were not very personable, but some were very nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was probably the coding, reading the Doctor's writing and learning the AS400 operating system, although that was coming along. My day would end at 4:00p – less
A diverse environment where my interpretation was widely used.
Externship (Former Employee), 1340 Mitchell Rd Modesto, CAJanuary 20, 2014
I did my externship here and truly enjoyed the experience and professionalism.
fast working pace environment.
Medical Assistant- Externship (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: learning from the other medical assistants
Cons: that i need to be certified for drugs testing.
Loved to meet new people that walked in each day. Learning how to deal with problem that where not foreseen problems. My co-workers where really nice and helped me gain experience in this field. I didn't have any dislikes or have any complains, will the staff or doctors. The things that i enjoy the most are the new cases that happen to walk in to the – more... office. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group

Based in Valencia, California, U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group was founded in 1995. With over 200 locations in 19 states, and more – Read more