U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group Employee Reviews

Run!
Back Office Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2017
You do NOT want to work at any locations in Indiana! Management is poor and they do NOT care about their employees what so ever! They will work you like a dog and not even think twice about. Patient care is not a first priority, money is. Run away as fast as you can!
Pros
Good health insurance, sick days, Pto, personal days
Cons
Management, unorganized, money hungry
Not strong leadership or corporate structure
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2017
Leadership was VERY questionable. I can only speak to my region, but, there wasn't a lot of confidence in the leadership. They were not perceived as being honest, forthcoming, and doing what is best for the company or staff.
Pros
Close to home, great employees and great working relationship with other center managers
Cons
No structure or efficient processes. Very poor leadership.
U.S healthworks
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
working there was great i got to learn many thing the staff was great and costumers were always pleases. what i would always do i would do lots of check in patient put them in room do vitals , injection, blood draws, EKGs, PFT tests,,audios test, i would also do translation from the patient to the doctor.
Pros
great staff
Cons
was just there for my extern
The best care for our patients is what we strive for.
Medical Assistant, Back Office (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123November 4, 2017
It's not all sunshine and daisies, again getting americas workforce feeling better and back to work is what we do. It gets busy at times I dont mind that because, at the end of the day. I have a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
We pull together as a team and get things done
Cons
More staff would be great.
Fun department and environment to work
Medical Buyer and formulary committee (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 3, 2017
I have enjoyed my work at US Healthworks, it is a stressful job at times. I consider my position at US Healthworks is a beneficial part of the company and I have provided the best service to my centers.
Conducive
Phlebotomy Tech Extern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 30, 2017
Very conducive and productive environment, People learn new things, very good and friendly workers from the top management. Very welcoming, attentive to clients.
Poor communication and management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2017
workplace culture is horrible. Fear for your job every day! The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff at the clinics. Good people!
great face paced work enviroment
Medical Assistant Lead/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2017
working at US Healthworks is great if you enjoy a face paced worked enviroment. overtime was available regularly which is great. pay and benefits were adequate.
Pros
overtime fast paced full benefits
Cons
pay
health care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2017
I did my externship here, the office is always busy, face paced, the patients were awesome, learned all aspects of the office from the front desk to patient care
Pros
helping people, learning
Cons
weren't hiring
work life balance
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2017
I was offered a position after working as an agency provider. I felt like family and was pleased to know they felt the same. My co-workers had been asked about my performance and all concurred that I would fit well with the organization. I agree. EMR is new and training is ongoing. System is a bit disjointed and charting has a few redundancies, but overall a very simple program to use.
Pros
Staff is dedicated and work together as a team
Cons
solo provider may not get a break when really busy
Productive and fast pace work environment
XRAY-TECHt/MA (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2017
The company seems to offer a good compensation. However, its a very fast pace environment and the daily workload is considerable. You've got to be tough and have a great stamina.
Pros
Stress on Check list done
Cons
the workload in really considerable every day
Loved it here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Working for UShealthWorks was an amazing experience
It was all hand on, the staff was always attentive and willing to help
if you ever had a question about anything there was always someone to help.
Good
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 9, 2017
I highly recommend working here. The providers are amazing, and patient care and satisfaction comes first. Constant care for employees and company get togethers are amazing
I worked part time as needed for life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 5, 2017
It was an interesting departure from my previouse experience. Understood the seriousness of work place injuries and getting employess back to productive work Ok with making money on commision.
Pros
I made in commission as much as the full time sale reps, I liked the part time hours and the location of the facility.
Cons
My manager was difficult to give trust
Great
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 29, 2017
It is a great place to work especially if you are looking for a place to advance. my position is a very busy position so it required someone that is efficient at multi tasking and can do well under stress.
Productive and Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 28, 2017
Learned an extensive amount dealing with my diploma. Very Friendly staff and was trained very well. Atmosphere was always upbeat and it was refreshing to go to work for the clinic knowing that I was helping an individual get well or see them off and give them a fresh bill of health once the Physician had given the ok.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Some minor micro management
Coworkers are very helpful, managment skills needed for managers
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2017
First and foremost there isn't any room for advancement, and the company doesn't offer tuition reimbursement. Furthermore, the pay was very low and the insurance is expensive. On average a worker could spend about $300 per paycheck for medical, dental, and vision. Some previous workers have left the company do to the insurance rates. The coworkers are the best they are helpful and go above and beyond to help the patients. The management could work on their management skills and the company should provide on going training for those that are managers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
stressful enviornment at times
can really say any thing work.
Physical Therapy Outpatient Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 25, 2017
Answering phone calls, scheduling patients appointments, getting authorizations for treatments, filing, cleaning up area. Resuppyling the treatment tables.
Pros
Cons
stress, uncomfortable
Occ-Med is the way to go!
Front Office coordinator/Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  KS-MOAugust 21, 2017
U.S Healthworks is a great company to start with if you're interested in the Occ-Med Field. I've learned many things from this company. I started out as PRN and was promoted to Full time Float. It took over a year to get this promotion. My co-workers and work environment were good.
Pros
Easy to learn, Reasonable starting salary
Cons
No vacation buyout, hard to get promotions
My experience
Physical Therapy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 13, 2017
Definitely evolved me into a better overall employee ! I couldn't be any more thankful for the opportunity to work in this company. I was able to cross train in other departments and learn so much more than the boundaries of my title.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.