U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group Employee Reviews

Acupuncturist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful environment. Great flow of patients. Blessed experience here. It's workmans comp, so generally short visits, with only 6 appointments per patient. Sometimes, patients angry due to long time in pain.
Pros
Free food and snacks, 401k
Cons
Patient temperament
Worst place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 29, 2016
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for! Everything is extremely unorganized down to the management and human resources. Everyone claims to be there for you, but that definitely isn't the case. The ONLY way to succeed in this company is to be a puppet. Let me not forget to mention all of the rules and laws being broken. If you want something that is going to over work and under pay, then this is the company for you!
Pros
Hour lunches
great workplace
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CADecember 21, 2016
Great staff. Great urgent care. Enjoyed my time doing my internship. Worked on patient care, vitals , medical history, injections, EKG, Blood draws, Xray
Manager - Corporate
Manager - National (Former Employee) –  NationalDecember 20, 2016
Incredibly unprofessional and hostile/harassing work environment. Micro managing from managers who have not a clue how to be effective much less productive managers. Seriously these people should be ashamed of themselves as they obviously failed leadership 101. The most disappointing place I have ever worked.
Pros
There are some very talented hard working people who do try to make a positive difference
Cons
Benefits are embarrassing, culture is disgusting, management disgraceful
Best place for practicum site.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 13, 2016
My practicum site passes in U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group Urgent Care services in Tukwila. We serve more than 20 patients each day. U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group offers programs and services that can help prevent illness, provide physical examination drivers, Coast Guard workers and rehabilitation whenever injuries or health problems occur. U.S. HealthWorks offer proactive prevention, immunization, education, and good communication systems to help reduce injuries and promote faster recovery. I can honestly say that a lot of what I do in my practice site on a daily basis was covered in my classes during Medical Assistant program. My teachers gave me the tools to change my life and I did. The rule of three “A”: Attitude! Attendance! Ability, was very helpful for my understanding what means to be a Medical Assistant. Our instructors really worked to help us be ready for our practice. But be a successful Medical Assistant I’ll have to go above and beyond in mastering medical assisting skills.
Professional workplace
Patient Registrar/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 12, 2016
US Healthworks is a great place to work. The management and employees are very professional, kind and patient in all manner of business. Even under the most stressful conditions they maintain their composure. I have enjoyed my time at US Healthworks.
Fun work environment
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2016
I do not like to talk down about the next company it had it's Pros and Cons. The team was great and they will make you feel apart of the family. The workload and pressure they put on one employee for the number of patients seen was not the best. The staff would take vacations around the same time which was not acceptable especially in the practice we worked for we always should have been fully staffed but I worked well under pressure so it was okay. Not everybody can handle Occupational Health and Urgent care mixed in one. It's definitely a sink or swim kind of company.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
unprofessional and disrespectful staff(not all)
good pace
Medical Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2016
When I was working at US Health Works, I schedule patient appointments, confirmed appointments, and answered phones. I also did my clinicals there when I was going to Medical Assistant school.
Pros
fun environment.
Cons
no benefits
Very Busy Workers Comp Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CANovember 14, 2016
super busy which is good because the day goes by quick but all physicals are time consuming due to very detailed and strict DOT regulations. short staffed.
no respect for sales professionals
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 9, 2016
Lots of great people on the front lines but management needs improvement. Sales staff are not respected, lots of time and training goes into learning the business, don't feel management listens to sales staff when it comes to how to take care of the clients.
Great Position
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 3, 2016
Should I have been able to get a full time position here, I would have been happy and content.
The best part of this Externship, was getting to know the patients, and seeing those for followups.

Being an externship, it was a temporary position. But anyone who can get a position here, the environment is very up beet, fast paced, and overall a great work environment.
Fun place to work
Physical Therapy Aide/Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2016
Love my coworkers is a good.experience working there you have a opprtunity to grow in the company I enjoy working different departments.. P.T Aide , Patient Registrar, P.T coordinator, Specialty etc... management is great and flexible with you..
Excellent opportunities to grow
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 20, 2016
US Healthworks has opened many doors for me. In the short 5 1/2 years I've been with this company, I've been able to grow professionally and personally. The opportunity to learn and become a successful clinic manager has not only opened doors for me within this practice but also for future venues in which I may one day pursue. I've learned to further increase the patience needed when dealing with conflicting patients, easily adapt from non urgent to extremely urgent situations, and to show hospitality and appreciation not only for my employees but also for our huge diversified population within our state.
Pros
Employee appreciation recognition- plaques, free luncheon, holiday parties
Cons
Never a dull moment within the clinic
Not Recommended
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2016
Great coworkers. That is probably the best part about the job. The place has its ups and downs, patent wise. If there isn't anything to do, they expect for you to clean walls, ceilings, and floors like we are housekeepers. Dr. likes to talk down on workers. Never compliments. Works you hard and then some more with little pay.
Pros
Coworkers that makes the day go by
Cons
Everything else about the job
Not a good place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2016
They are constantly interviewing when they hire someone either lasts 3 or 6 months be aware.they are not serious they do not want to hire people unless it has a lot of experience which is not what they state in their add I don't know why they waste people time and they don't do internal hire
poor poor poor management.
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2016
There is no support in this organization in the location where I was located which was Milwaukee area. No support of management and only heard from them if you were not billing high enough. That is the bottom line with this company.
There were numerous times in our region there was no MD supervisor and I was left hung out to dry when I had a guy who was electrocuted and with a bizarre EKG. I had no one to call. My supervising MD I had met once and think he only worked a Saturday every few months.
There is high turnover at least in our region do to high turnover of midlevels and MD's due to lack of support.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
overscheduled and single coverage provider so no lunches
Hostile, unfriendly, unsupportive environment
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2016
The hardest part of the job is getting collaboration from the entire team. My staff was against me and upper management did not care nor support me from the beginning. My effort to make changes to do better was defeated. I feel cheated of the monies I am entitled to.
Everyday I go to work, I feel threaten by the staff and live in fear of termination. I feel trapped. I hope there are places I can work in better environment.
Productive and fun company with good benefits
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 29, 2016
US Healthworks is a good company with many hard working employees and a positive environment. The management is below average in some departments, but this company is evolving everyday and growing fast. There is some opportunity for growth here, but I feel this company could show more appreciation for their employees.
Pros
Benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Lack of management and employee appreciation
Great team with a family work environment
CENTER MANAGER FOR NEW BERLIN AND FRANKLIN CLINICS (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2016
My typical day at work was to manage staff and the clinical functions. Resolved any client concerns and answered client questions. Ran daily operation reports to verify that that the clinic was functioning at it's highest potential.
I learned to manage two medical clinics and daily operations with staff and clients.
Management was a resource when needed, but we as a team worked to provider the best care to the patients and the clients.
Co-workers where great, it was a team environment, and we all made sure that we provided support when needed.
The hardest part about the job was the financials, they were not explained with great detail from the management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being the resource for all the staff and being able to help resolve any issues or concerns to make people happy.
Pros
It was a work family that had great team work
Cons
The management was not that supportive
A wonderful group of workers who felt like family
Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 17, 2016
I truly loved working at US Healthworks. You are always challenged with new obstacles and everyone is there willing to do what they can to help you.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
To many cheifs and not enough indians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.