U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group

U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great place to learn very challenging
National Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 24, 2016
Over all really enjoy the work and my co-workers everyday it something different and challenging. I have learned many thing working for this company like blood draws, DOT physical, and Drug screens and how to manage my time when work is busy. The most enjoyable part of working for this company is there are so many different things you can learn and do so you are never bore.
Pros
Great people to work with and really great place to learn your skills.
Cons
only thing that I don't care for is all the on-call .
great experience
Clinical Externship (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
Great staff and working environment. Mainly worked on Workers Comp and Physicals, taking vitals, Snellen and ishihara test, audiograms, urinalysis, setting equipment for sutures and eye irrigations, bandaging and wound care, preparing instruments for autoclave, appointment scheduling, providing medications for doctors and instructing patient on how to use certain tools to help them like back brace, knee and ankle braces, hand slings and everything to help them for support from head to toe.
externship.
Medical Administrative Specialist - Externship (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 12, 2016
I was just an extern at this job, and I just wished I got hired. Management hired a medical assistant for front office and this person clearly had no clue what he was doing. He was on what we called "the hot seat" and he couldn't handle it. He once did a TB check on a patient and let them go thinking that's all he needed to do. I was a student and I immediately corrected his mistake. The manager was not so nice either, she was always late to work and missing days. The most enjoyable part of the job were the medical assistants and the girls in the front that trained me.
Pros
co workers, environment
Cons
management, new hire
Ok o
Us healthworks ontario north (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 13, 2016
Long shifts, low pay, manager doesn't care about employees. Providers are cool, but some are lazy to help in the urgent care building. Over worked, sometimes thru lunch with out being payed for it. Request time off have to do it pretty much months in advance and that's if the manager remembers. Still employed with ushworks, wouldn't recommend to be a lifer at a company like this.

X-ray/ma
Pros
Great co workers and providers
Cons
Terrible managers long hours low pay and working with a racist employee
U.S Healthworks was a new company in Fort Wayne when I worked there. We had fun building the business every day.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 30, 2016
Working at U.S. Healthworks was fun as it was a new company to Fort Wayne. We worked hard to be successful in a very competitive market. Management there gave us the encouragement and tools to be competitive in the market. I always had fun working with the company-clients and learned from them every day.
Pros
an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a conservative market
Cons
The market became unstable and after a few years the business became unstable
Had very polite employees and the planning commitee was awesome!
Centralized Specialty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work was pretty stressful, answered phones all day long, answered questions and scheduled appointments, reviewed medical records and following up with clinics. I learned how to multitask along with answering many questions about workers compensation. My coworkers were awesome, we were able to work with eachother really well and understand what eachother needed in order to complete the job. The hardest part of my job was being authorized to get more help as the department needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping someone get the care that they needed in order to live a better life.
Pros
Planning commmitee planned fun events
Cons
Having to pay for health insurance along with not having enough help
Fast Paced Work Enviorment
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2016
U.S. Health Works Medical Group had a great fast paced work environment where rules and procedure understanding was reminded and emphasized on a daily basis. A typical day of work consisted of work day preparations for patients arriving on that day including the walk in patients there could be. I learned procedures that were needed to strive in a Workers Compensation Clinic performing Drug Screens to performing an EKG. The Co-Workers in my office were a great team either taking on tasks on their own or working together to complete one patients needs to attend to the next patients needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was moving patients along in a timely manner, while the hardest part of the job was trying to prepare for the unexpected situations.
Pros
Organized work enviorment
Cons
Hard copy to electronic patient charts
Hard work goes unnoticed and unrecognized.
X-ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 10, 2016
Our small clinic was taken over by US Healthworks and quickly became a very busy office. We were overworked and underpaid. Even after many staff left the office, they didn't try to hire or bring in extra help. They simply placed more responsibility on the existing employees. This reflected to the patients and they were not happy about it. The original management team was great, however their new superiors above them were not so great to work with. The whole company had a "treat 'em and street 'em" mentality that they began to implement with us. The company didn't really do anything to show that they cared about their employees.
Pros
Being able to help sick and injured people.
Cons
Frustrated staff and patients due to extended wait time, due to understaffing.
Great experience.
Specialty Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned a lot in different areas of the medical field. At the end of the day I went home and felt very rewarded that I made a positive impact in my patients lives. Management was great but there was not very much room for growth within the company.
One sided affair
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
In order to succeed at this organization you must be part of the "In Crowd" If you like doing endless reports minus the sales this company is a perfect fit. Do not voice your opinion or challenge management even if it is the right thing to do. Submissive minds will succeed and true ambitious employees will fail.
Pros
Cons
Repetitive task, Uneducated Management that cannot lead but can micromanage, Promotions for only the type that enjoys being submissive & clueless
Productive and fun workplace with great people
Externship (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 25, 2016
Roomed patients and took vitals, scanned faxed and copied patient's charts, filed and pulled charts before and after clinic and got paperwork prepared for the charts that needed them, made appointments when needed, registered a few patient's into EMR and dealt with numerous patient's coming in and out of the office. The people I worked with was great, they all made me feel like I was part of them and they helped me learn different aspects of the clinic. The hardest part of the job was knowing it wasn't going to be forever and the most enjoyable was the people I worked with and the kind of job I was doing.
Decent Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 13, 2016
Overall a good position in sales. Local management plays a huge part in happiness. Many regions are micromanaged. Great experience for consultative sales and learning about workers' compensation.
Pros
Compensation, overall atmosphere
Cons
Low car reimbursement/mileage, micromanagement
A wonderful group of workers who felt like family
Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 17, 2016
I truly loved working at US Healthworks. You are always challenged with new obstacles and everyone is there willing to do what they can to help you.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
To many cheifs and not enough indians
Hard working people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJuly 26, 2016
This place was a great experience. Everyone was welcoming not only with me but with every patient that would walk in. Back office supervisor was very helpful. He trained me with patience and dedication. I enjoyed every single day.
New Business Development in an assigned territory
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 6, 2016
throughout my employment with US Healthworks, my objective was to develop new business in an assigned territory, Do extensive reports ,research and presentations of the many products and services provided.
Pros
all businesses in Tucson were propects
Cons
Too many hours after work hours doing reporting etc
Excellent Company
Clinic Lead, Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMarch 8, 2016
US Healthworks is definitely a world class leader in comprehensive care and treatment of industrial and work related injuries. I am absolutely endorsing this company for its progressive and proactive approach to providing care. Very well done indeed.
Pros
Good professional working enviroment
Cons
limited professional advancement
Average
(Extern) Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 4, 2016
The patients were mad because they waited a long time.
The office is very cheap and will not spend a dollar to update there equipment and most of the equipment was old and broken.
Pros
They let students extern in there office
Cons
old office, not enough or broken equipment
Productive fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Typical day was always busy. I learned how to deal with different types of patients. I loved management. My co-workers were very hard working. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with different situations with patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around different people learning different things.
Pros
Patients walking out happy
Cons
Sometime short breaks
Great people awesome experience
Medical Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 8, 2016
Great people awesome experience. I love my job and the people I work with. Everyone is knowledgeable and fun to work with. Great management but no room for advancement.
Loved the co-workers and very involved work community
Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 9, 2016
I loved working in the back office environment. The doctors, PAs and x-ray techs and MAs are all fantastic people. They work on EMR and use CR radiography. Facility is very clean.

U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group Reviews by Location