U.S. Lawns Employee Review

Terrible work environment !!!!!
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Greenville S.C.December 11, 2013
This company is a JOKE ! My day started with salesforce confirming my schedule. I learned that U.S.Lawns of Greenville are a bunch of people who do not know the meaning of the word truth. The area manager is a joke in the industry, he is knowledgeable in the field,but has no business acumen. They promoted an account manager into a position of general manager, provided no training for him set him up to fail, which he did, and fired him after six months in his position. I had two account managers quit in the seven months I was there, and they fired one who had gone to Boston to move all of his family's belongings to S.C. he had the O.K. from the G.M. to do this and they still fired him,he had never missed a day in five months and averaged 12 hrs a day five days a week.They must have fired thirty hourly workers in the seven months I was there. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the totally inept management. The new Regional Business Developer was way out of his league, NO industry knowledge, I doubt he could sell water in Death Valley. The best part of the job was making sales, which I did roughly $180,000,00 in seven months. I was terminated with no notice, I had never been given a verbal, or written warning of any kind. I also had just made a proposal worth $770,000.00 the week before my termination. I say if you are looking for a totally dysfunctional place to work get a job at U.S. Lawns of Greenville, by far the worst experience of my working career !!!! BEWARE.
Pros
Working with professionals like the G.M. in Spartanburg and Anderson S.C.
Cons
Too many to name

Other U.S. Lawns Employee Reviews

Fair Managment and Advancement
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 4, 2018
The branch I work for is the mobile al. branch. We are a fairly new wing so the opportunity for advancement is great! The manager is very understanding of personal matters and will teach you all you need to know to grow. The work can get very hard in the summer so I only recommend it to people used to the outdoors.
Pros
Fair wages and hours.
Cons
Fellow employees can be very toxic at times.
Lawn Care (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2018
Working with this group of guys was really fun. While being in the sun all day can wear on you, our foreman was always appreciative about our work and let us know that. That goes a long way when your dead tired at the end of the day.