U.S. Marine Corps
4,817 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Learn a reputable skill while also becoming one of the few and the proud.
Helicopter Aiframes CDQAR on multiple platforms (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: personal character traits and life skills that can be found nowhere else.
Cons: government drawdown, forcing me to eas.
Since joining the United States Marine Corps in 2005, my life has been forever changed. The Marine Corps core values of Honor, Courage and Commitment have taught me professionalism, attention to detail and to take pride in all aspects of my career and personal life.

While giving me the opportunity to claim of Marine is enough, the Marine Corps also – more... allowed me to work on 5 different helicopters, 2 as a flightline mechanic and 3 as an airframes mechanic (one of those being Marine One).

Probably the most important thing the Marine Corps has taught me is how to lead Marines. Being a mentor and leading Marines is one of the most challenging and rewarding tasks I have ever been charged with. Taking care of our own is a staple in this fine institution. – less
More than just an organization
Administrative Chief/Office Manager (Former Employee), NationwideJuly 11, 2014
The Marine Corps was like a second family for me, that was filled with hard work as well as enjoyment. I served for over 21 years, which went by extremely fast. I had the pleasure of working with dedicated and knowledgeable people that I will never forget. The best part about being a Marine is that you will always be considered one.
Big workplace
Warehouse Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough help
Receiving, Processing, and Storing millions of dollars of combat gear. I learned how to conduct good inventories and good management skills. I supervised a men and women that made up a good team. The hardest part of my job was finishing a big shipment within the workday. The most enjoyable part was working with different people with the same goal.
Great work atmosphere, loved the career.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare, gi bill, title of marine
Cons: stressful work environment
Being a part of the Marine Corps was the best time of my life. In these 4 years, I learned how to multitask, manage a team, and become a hard dedicated worker.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfactory of passing inspection with an outstanding job.
5 years of Experience
Aviation Ordnance Technician (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 10, 2014
Pros: experience, professionalism, maintenance, program management, leadership opportunities
Cons: long hours
Starting at an apprentice level and working my way to the top in a 5 year span as an Ordnance Technician on Harrier aircrafts, I got world wide experience and made a huge daily impact. Not only in my life but in the junior enlisted that served with me.
Learning the different styles of leadership was a unique experience. Leadership styles both stressful – more... and non-stressful. Proper conduct and learning effective decision making under pressure over the years made me proficient at my job.
I enjoyed the partnerships I created and the skills and strong suits that I possessed. The rewarding long hours eventually paid off.
The hardest part of the job is staying on course and persevering when moral is tested by the long hours and demanding goals. – less
Structered work environment
Motor Transport Maintenance Chief (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
The Few The Proud The Marines. The United States Marine Corps is a branch of the United States Armed Forces. The Marine Corps is a component under the Department of the Navy.
Demanding, fast paced and dangerous environment
Deputy G-3 Future Plans and Program Management (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: service
Cons: long periods away from home
Days start early and end late. Multiple on going projects with complex and numerous moving parts.
Motivated
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: serving my country
Love the corps!! There is travel to many countries and discipline this country needs for our young people.
Great place to work for 20 years.
Command Senior Enlisted Advisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: everyday is an adventure.
Cons: war
Not for everyone, but hard work and determination goes a long way.
Exceptional training
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), vienna, OHJuly 9, 2014
Attention to detail concerning every aspect of the job is instilled into everyone.
Productive environment.
Telecommunications Systems Chief (Former Employee), Worldwide ServicesJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free housing and food money
Cons: long hourse
Very productive environment. We were able to accomplish a lot of things with limited resources and time.
Great reward for hard work.
Marine Forces Reserves CBRN Training Chief (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: away from home a lot
Many challenging days and nights away from home. You will never have closer friends then you will in the Marine Corps.
A life changing experience
Combat Photographer/Photo and Editor Chief (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: time away from family
*Once in a life time opportunity
* I've learned basic skills of photography, inventory, management, embarking, and personal development
*Management I believe is how you interact with them, you show interest and passion for growth, then they'll take interest to you.
*Co-workers there came and went yet some great some bad, however it's a learning experience.
*The – more... hardest part of the job was time away from family, yet the most enjoyable part was being noticed for my hard work. – less
overall not bad
Infantry Unit Leader (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 9, 2014
served 12 years so far and sill serving. overall steady income, competitive promotions, and challenges daily.
Telecommunications Instructor
Instructor, Communications Training Center III (Former Employee), GloballyJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the comradery
Cons: being deployed for a year at a time.
As an instructor, I have instructed classes in telecommunications systems and network fundamentals. I have taught the following courses: Inside/Outside Plant Operations (OSP/ISP), Tactical and Commercial Switchboards, telecommunications concepts and theories, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Systems. I have also trained and evaluated both senior – more... and junior military members on the proper employment and operations of communication systems. As a CTC-3 Staff Instructor I was tasked with conducting and implementing lessons and training schedules on various communications systems. This position included developing new curriculum as well as modernizing existing class lessons in accordance with the System Approach to Training Manual (SAT Manual). I am an experienced instructor who understands how to insure a properly trained staff. – less
Military Policeman (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good working hours, amazing people
Cons: long deployments
Typical work day depends on where and what you do. I learned more in the three years I served than anywhere else in my entire life. The opportunity to serve was an amazing experience and I met some of the most amazing people I've ever been around. I have kept in contact with several people since exiting the Marine Corps and will have them has friends – more... for the rest of my life. The hardest part was seeing people go over seas and not come back. The best part was having the opportunity to meet some of the people I came into contact with. The Marine Corps is what you make of it, it can be as bad as you think or as good as you want it to be. – less
Extremely Productive
Amphibious Assault Vehicle Crewman (Former Employee), NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discounts, free gym access
Cons: long days and short breaks
A typical day in the military would be waking up way early to do physical training then after head to our work place, Their we operate and do basic maintenance of twenty six ton vehicles. During certain times of the year we do certifications such as weapons training, Hand to hand combat training, Swim qualification, and even basic first aide training.
The few and the proud
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Havelock, NCJuly 8, 2014
Typical day at work would be the tear down and rebuilding of Jet engines following the maintenance schedule.
MILITARY POLICE OFFICER
Corporal / Military Police (Former Employee), Quantico, vaJuly 8, 2014
Pros: serving your country
Cons: being away from family
I was a active duty for five years and traveled the world. Served a combat deployment in Afghanistan as a security team leader.
Great experience
Sergeant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2014
It was a great opportunity to meet new people and see new places.

1 2 3 4 5