U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,765 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed serving my country. I experienced many different cultures and built a good work ethic. I seen different countries and I also had met good people to work with and work for.
Marine Corp
Supervise 40 Marines as Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CA 94066August 18, 2017
The best branch in the military. Will change your life. Met great people and traveled. So far, the best experience of my life. Challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Great!
Small Arms Repairer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 18, 2017
Happy to have served my country.

Good people, lots to learn, get fit, discipline, integrity, hard-work, respect, and fun. Learn the rules by heart and you'll do well.
Military work environment.
Landing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 17, 2017
Great knowledge to be earned. Hard work, long hours but great team building opportunities. Learn things you never could on your own. Help you mature to a level most people don't reach.
Fast Paced and tough to balance
Corporal (E-4), Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 17, 2017
I am currently finishing up a four year enlistment in the United States Marine Corps. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to serve my country and got to work with some amazing people.
Team oriented and fast paced
Radio Communications Repairman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 17, 2017
The Marine Corps is a great employer, but its not a job its a way of life. I decided that I wanted a change though. I missed my home and family so after five years of service I returned home to seek education or employment.
Pros
Co-workers, The title, no living expenses
Awesome Career
AAMO (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CAAugust 17, 2017
Best place to start as a young adult and grow. Great opportunity to travel, getting school paid for, make money, start a family and move around the country.
fun work place
Administrative Assistant / Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 17, 2017
Enjoyed working with MCCS. Could be fast pace although i learn a lot of information with them. During the time fame I meet new people and families in which I left as great friends.
Love every minute in the marine corps
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2017
Joining the USMC is a choice that one must make knowing that you are willing to put your life on the line. But it is self fulfilling and there are great benefits and retirement is very nice.
Pros
Seeing the world at the governments expense.
Cons
Deployments
Awesome experience
Information Security Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 17, 2017
I wouldn't trade the experience for anything else. Joining the Marine Corps was the best choice I've ever made. Made great friends, saw interesting places.
I loved it
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 17, 2017
I was a great experience especially for a young man. I loved the travel and meeting new people. If I had joined a less demanding service to join, I would have reenlisted
Usmc
Signals Intelligence (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 17, 2017
I would recommend the Marine Corps to people who want to be part of something special. Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Semper Fi will be with you to till the day you Die.
Outstanding
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 17, 2017
The Marine Corps is an outstanding organization. The greatest fighting force in the world today.
I had a superior experience during my 20 year career or I would not have stayed.
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
Very productive work experience
Teacher, Mentor, Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NC, Parris Island, SCAugust 17, 2017
Throughout my time in the Marine Corps, I have learned many useful skills. The ability to lead, mentor and teach are among the most important traits I am taking away from my experience. I was given the opportunity to manage personnel, as well as organizations. I believe my experience in management are great, with that being said, I believe they could constantly be improved. Within the work environment I have had the opportunity to experience, I have worked with and managed different people from all over the United States as well as all over the world. I enjoy meeting new people, no matter the culture or background. I believe different culture and personality makes a great and exciting workplace.
Benefits
Cons
Being away from famly days at a time.
Military, I think everyone should join and experience
Automotive Organizational Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 17, 2017
the military is hard to describe a typical day at work because you do many different things to start out you spend about a year or possible longer just training to be a Marine, Sailor, Solider, or Airmen, from there you will go on to your school training for your job then after that you go to the fleet where you work your job typically its 9 to 5 type settings depending on your job with weekends off but many will differ. Management is hit or miss depending on your unit you may have good leadership or poor leadership its never the same. Hardest part of my job was being away from home and being told basically how to live my life on a 24/7 bases.Most enjoyable part of my job was the travel and experience of new cultures which makes it worth while.
Pros
travel, benefits, rewards, life time experiences, serving your country
Cons
Harsh enviroments, long hours, limited freedoms
Amazing start on life get you on your feet.
Administration Specialist, Quick Reaction (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 17, 2017
Medically discharged out i love the Marine Corps. Exactly what i needed to grow up and get a great start on life. Betty hard driven and focused no time for games.
Irregular work hours on occasion but job security is excellent
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIAugust 17, 2017
Although a small sum suffer from irregular work hours, collateral duties, and are vastly underpaid in comparison to civilian counterparts. The job security provided by the marines is superb.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Irregular work hours
positive
North Carolina - Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2017
enjoyed getting to work with variety of individuals
traveled
proudly served for the united states military
was given many oppurtunities to grow and advance
USMC will teach you to rebuild your self and others
Rank Corporal E-4 (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 16, 2017
It will change your life. I can't say it was easy but the fun times were fun and the hard times were hard. Is not for everyone and people should not convince you in to it. It should come from you
Being a Marine
Shipping and Receiving Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 16, 2017
Becoming a Marine has been my greatest accomplishment yet. I only wish I would have gone in sooner and stuck to being in the service for a longer period then I did.
Pros
guaranteed pay
Cons
the hurry up a wait