U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 12,116 reviews matching the search
Great place to learn technical skills
Intermediate Level Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2016
Great training that will enable you to perform various types of repairs on the aircraft in the US Marine Corps fleet.

Management can sometimes be a lacking quality depending on the command environment, but generally everyone is motivated and works as a team.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with outside training requirements that have nothing to do with your primary job ie: running PFT/CFT, qualifying on the rifle, etc.
It's what you make of it.
Infantryman Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CADecember 9, 2016
I enjoyed being a Marine on active duty. You work hard, and keep your nose clean you do well. Do what you're told, and make sure you exceed limits. You'll always be busy, especially if you're infantry. Enjoy the suck, and just suck it up. Deal with it, cause it sucks no matter what.
Pros
Great benefits, Great uniform, Sense of Purpose
Cons
No life, You're government property, Long hours
Great place to mature.
Platoon Sergeant and Armory NCOIC (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CADecember 9, 2016
Did plenty of growing up. Met plenty of great people. Learned to accomplish set goals, work with other, tkae orders . Learned to be self reliant and confident.
nothing compares
Marine Sergeant/ E-5/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NC, CA ,afghaniland, iraqDecember 8, 2016
starting from E-1 to a E-5 was not easy but every test to make me better was worth it. hardest parts of the job some times depending on mos is training length sometimes
deployments.
I loved every minute of it, even during the bad times
Maintenance Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 8, 2016
Best culture of any job you will ever have. A true brotherhood of people who would literally die for one another. The Marines have a true tradition and culture that draws people together. A sense of teamwork and belonging that you will never find anywhere else.
Pros
You get to play with guns for a living
Cons
Can be very tough on families, especially with deployments
Administrative Clerk
Assistant Unit Movement Control Center Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 8, 2016
I have developed skills in my time serving in the military and hopefully I am able to apply those assets out in the civilian work field.
Outstanding Organization.
Recruiting Station Sergeant Major (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2016
I would have stay longer than 30 year, Infantry was a great experience. where else can you travel the world and fight your country at a moment notice.
Pros
Outstanding branch of the service.
Cons
Deployment.
Intense Work Ethic but great atmoshphere
I made the executive decision (Former Employee) –  HawaiiDecember 8, 2016
Although improvements can always be made this is by far the best job I ever had. A typical day at work started roughly the same time everyday but depending on the mission or overall task of our maintenance department that determined how long we would stay never being less than 11 hours of course and no more than 14 hours. I learned how to be a team player, to lead, to instruct and overall be the largest asset I can so that I'm needed and wanted frequently. My co-workers trust and believe in me, as a Collateral Duty Inspector I was in charge of supervising junior marines as well as assisting superiors. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the comradery.
Pros
Benefits, comradaery, strong learning enviornemnt.
Cons
Inconistency, the amount of hours worked and our training exercises conductef away from home.
Professionalism at its finest
Corporal E-4 (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIDecember 8, 2016
Throughout my time in the Marine Corps, I met some of the most amazing people in the world. Got to do things I never would have thought possible and experienced things i wouldnt trade for the world. This was by far the most incredible atmosphere i have ever been a part of.
Pros
advancement and education
Best job I've EVER had.
Infantry Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 8, 2016
The Marine Corps. infantry is hard to explain, at time you'll absolutely loath and hate what you are doing but in time you'll learn it builds fortitude and character. You'll be pushed to limits you never knew you had and beyond that.

As for advancement, there is advancement as long as you are willing to work for it and you're hungry for it.

The comradery between Marines is unworldly and you'll only understand when you earn the title Marine.
Pros
Room and Board included. Free meals. Free equipment. Fully paid for medical, dental and vision.
Cons
Long hours.
It was an experience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2016
It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. It taught me a lot about myself, and made me an all around better person. I definitely would choose it again if I had to.
Learn warfighting skills
Aviation Support Technician- Corporal (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCDecember 7, 2016
Greatest military branch on the face of the planet. You meet great people, maybe become a hero, and learn skills that are far superior to any skills learned in a college. You will become a leader. You will earn the title of Marine. Semper Fi!!!!
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Barracks duty.
Ooh rah
Postal Clerk/ Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 7, 2016
Best decision anyone can make when they are unaware what it is they want for their lives. Marine Corps helped make me a man and proud to fight for my country with two tours to Iraq.
hard work but worth the sacrifice
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CADecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed everyday I served my country and would recommend serving to anyone who is of age and wants to start a great career.
Great Benefits
Sergent (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 7, 2016
There is no greater honor in the world then becoming a United States Marine. The Brotherhood is like no other on planet Earth. Once a Marine Always a Marine
Pros
Your a Blood eating war machine
Cons
Watching fellow Devil Dogs enter Valhalla without you
Not worth the bs you go through.
Heavy Wrecker Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 7, 2016
Too many spoiled brats who miss mommy and daddy's silver spoon and too many higher ups who are too busy comparing d*ck sizes.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
everything but the benifits
Semper Fidelis
Captain - Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2016
Once you earn the title - U. S. Marine it will be the most important professional distinction you will ever earn in life. There is no comparable workforce environment with the level of esprit de corps of the USMC. It is a unique experience, unparalleled among the armed services.
rewarding job
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 7, 2016
Its a great time.
A typical work day varies.
I learned how to blow things up and shoot a rifle.
I did not always agree with management.
I liked most of my co-workers.
United States Marine Corps
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 7, 2016
This is going to be difficult to write a twenty word minimum about The Corps.

I'm a Marine. That's all I need to say.

Semper Fi
Military
Psychology Trainee (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CADecember 7, 2016
The USMC is a very disciplined organization with great leadership. It has a lot of growth potential and opportunities to gain work experience, education and leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4