U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

tip of the spear
Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Just go and do it. Do not sit around and wonder what if. Time will not stop and your odds of growing into a more rounded individual will be lowered to zero.
Marine Corps
Basic Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
Hardest training to enter worst of the branches once your in. Wouldn't want it any other way. We are the few and the proud, usually. Don't let the scumbags bring you down. You are the creator of your own path based off your actions here.
Pros
Medical, lodging, Ta
Cons
occasional bad leadership
Great military, horrible leaders
AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT VEHICLE CREWMAN (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work for me during my last year as active duty consisted of 14+ hours work days and ridiculous amount of physical training. Huge lack of leadership and marine welfare.
It's the Military
Intelligence Analyst and Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAOctober 17, 2017
The Marine Corps is exactly what you make of it. It's worth every second if you choose to have a positive outlook. The memories and skill sets developed will last a lifetime.
high tempo and rewarding career experience
Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day begins at 0700 after some physical training. I often engage in meetings with executive leadership, review the plans of the day and week with my staff, and develop a plan to accomplish the tasks for the day / week depending on what resources I have and how much time I have to do it. The hardest part of my job is both talent management because there is a huge demand for Marines with my skill set across our workforce. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get from mentoring and leading Marines.
Pros
Medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Cons
extremely long work hours, long deployments away from home, sometimes high stress.
Make you a man
Lance Corporal (Former Employee) –  MCRD San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
while your state side its all good and fun, normal 8 hour days and weekends usually off... once deployed though thinks change and you are now at work 24/7
Usmc
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKOctober 17, 2017
The Marine Corps was and still is one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my lifetime. Challenging yet rewarding, it was this institution that made me the man I am today.
Marine Corps
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
It was difficult, and it is not meant for everyone, however if you think you are strong enough go for it! It can be life changing for many people and was a stepping stone for me.
Learn Leadership
Sargent (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
Typical day would be some physical training in mornings, discuss with fellow marines tasks for the day, and then accomplishing tasks. I learned how to lead.
Great place to serve your contry
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 17, 2017
very competitive place to work, will train you on any job you are picked to do. Promotions work fast if some jobs and slower on other jobs. overall if you want to serve your nation this is the best place to do it.
Pros
competitive
Cons
cut-throat
The Marines worth having are the one's that leave
H-1 Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MCAS New River, NCOctober 17, 2017
During my time in the Marines ive found that the Marines worth having are the one's that are going to leave first. The senior leadership always have a few individuals that "Drank the Koolaid" and tend to make the whole experience miserable. The leadership claims to care about your individual needs and well being all the while waiting to punish and "burn" you every opportunity they get. Benefits are given to the individuals that get married and have children, this is their main source of retention,"Juvenile life choices". a married Pvt(<1yr) can make the same yearly income as a Sgt(4-8yrs).
Pros
Benefits, Paid Leave
Cons
Leadership, Morale, Cutthroat
Great life changing experiences
Gun Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
Lead my team of Marines through various training episodes, conducted various checks of my Marines to include making sure uniform standards were met, maintaining fitness standards, and making sure they knew how to execute the job at hand to the best of their ability.
Pros
Commeradre
Cons
Home life is very sparse
Love
Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2017
I loved being in the Marine Corp. I learned a lot there. It changes you helps you become a stronger person but you don't make enough money to provide for your family and insurance is horrible. We need to fix this for our Veterans and those serving now plus their families. They deserve better.
Good Leadership Skills
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
The United States Marine Corps has provided me with a plethora of skills to utilize for the rest of my life. It has brought out the leader in me as well as my ability to achieve.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
No overtime despite extra hours
good bond with coworkers and career advancement
UH-1Y Huey Crew Chief and Flightline Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
The United States Marine Corps was a great opportunity to give back to the community. The life experiences that were created in the 5 year enlistment will be unforgettable.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Fast paced challenging work environment
Cyber Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
I typically worked a 12 hour shift as a Systems Administrator. I managed User Accounts and Passwords, configured OS and software patches, communicated with customers via phone and email to help resolve information technology issues.
Pros
Proven record of customer satisfaction
Cons
Influx of work load with lack of personell
Very competive but political environment
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
If you are willing to work hard and make friends with the people you work with you will have no problems. It is a "good ole boy" environment that is sometimes difficult to deal with but with a focused positive attitude you will excel.
Benefits
Cons
Work space environment
The Few....The Proud
Master Gunnery Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
An organization that gives leaders the opportunity to lead America's finest citizens and mold them into efficient and effective people that are mission and goal oriented.
Pros
Paid leave, days off for national holidays and benefits
Cons
N/a
Usmc
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
If one wants to travel and meet new people, the United States Marine Corps is perfect. Fast-paced operation and training tempo keep one busy at all times.
Benefits start after you get out
Sergeant/ Platoon Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
The Marine Corps is a great place to build a foundation, perhaps even the best place. Great for any single person looking to make a difference in the world and protect those they love. Deployments are tough but benefits make up for them. They paid for school, living allowance and provide healthcare even after getting out.
benefits
Cons
deployments