U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 11,691 reviews matching the search
Loved It
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Hard but worth every second. Very hard to do and get used to but I loved every single second I was in. The work and home life is very low but you should expect it if you go in.
It is being part of something greater than yourself.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 27, 2016
Be open to learning all that you can. In the infantry, Classes are going everyday on tactically and technically profiency.
productive, clean, culture friendly
Landing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 27, 2016
0730 at work til 1100 then report back to the shop by 1245 formation at 1300. finish the rest of the work for the day if there is any and then formation at 1500-1530 to get released for the day. I learned leadership and how to take control over a platoon of different mos marines. my co workers will be the best team ill ever have in my future careers. the hardest part of my job was to find brass in the sand in 29 palms California. the most enjoyable time I had was during my two deployments. once to Afghanistan and the other on a meu with the navy and 3/6 k
Pros
free food on holidays
Cons
treated like a criminal
Very Productive and Team Orientated
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work was determined by the operational tempo of the Squadron. That in turn helped me learn how to problem solve in a stressful, fast paced environment while still maintaining the productivity levels and objectives set forth by the Commander in a timely fashion. The management personalities vary in the Marine Corps which taught me how to deal with various leadership styles in a professional manor. While serving in the Marine Corps I learned it takes a team of individuals to create a whole, and that everyone has their strengths. The hardest part of the job was being away from family. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the people that I have mentored and educated achieve the full potential.
Pros
Team environment, adapt to change, leadership skills
Cons
Frequent relocation
Marines need I say more
Marine Ammo Tech (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 27, 2016
Work hard and you will go far, be lazy and bad things will happen. If you are one of the lucky ones and become a Marine you will have a sense of pride like no other. There is a reason we are the few and the proud!
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Life or death situations
Very challenging but rewarding service
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 27, 2016
Very professional and challenging environment. Constant travel abroad and two combat deployments within my term of service.
Full of Opportunities and travel
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 26, 2016
It is a place to challenge yourself and gives you the opportunities to grow and progress toward success. Plenty of opportunities for travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Lack of control over schedule
Life isn't for everyone
Battalion Ammunition Chief (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CASeptember 26, 2016
It is a life that you choose for reasons beyond your own. Something we all made the decision to do because the brotherhood and not a paycheck. Best leadership and learning experience ever attained
Pros
camaraderie
Cons
long hours and uncertainty
Best branch in the Military
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 26, 2016
Nothing will compare to the brotherhood of the United States Marine Corps. I would have never got out if I would have known I would have missed it as much as I do.
Pros
Cons
Away from family
Nice
Infantry (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 26, 2016
Amazing Experience, Good people to work with, Always something new. Gets to travel. Never boring. There is a lot of moral and a lot of different things to learn within the Marine Corps.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
dangerous
Diffrent Lifestyle
Field Radio Operator and Communications Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 26, 2016
I will miss the marine corps everyday. the things ive learned while in I will always have with me. I will miss the people not the places or some of the horrible leaders. but I will miss my peers and the ability to teach to the younger generation everything I know
Pros
1000s of Friends, Great Benifits, Great Leaders
Cons
Some Terrible Selfish Leaders
Toughest Job you'll ever love
E-4, Corporal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
The recruiter never promised anyone a rose garden however, if you're tough enough and willing to sacrifice for your brothers and your country, the Marine Corps is Great!!
Very rewarding
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 26, 2016
Best times of my life. I feel it was the most proudest and self rewarding thing I've ever done. To serve this country was an honor unlike no other. Traveling and meeting new people and understanding other cultures was very rewarding and eye opening.
You are not fighting for freedom.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HISeptember 25, 2016
Do not join the military. Go to school and learn a skill. The recruiters will lie to you and, while the military is great if you have a herd mentality, it isn't great for individualists.
Pros
friendships
Cons
working for the government
Exciting and fast-paced working environment
Ground Radio Repairman (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 25, 2016
My job in the Marine Corps allows me to have a relationship with Marines of all ranks and grades. Typically the day starts around 0700, and lasts till around 1700. The work involves all forms of communication, for example; we physically work on our communication gear, we relay messages from one unit to another via a wide variety of systems, and we also educate other Marines on how to properly use, clean, and maintain their own gear. Because every unit requires Communication, the job I have been trained to do allows me to meet and develop a working relationship with every level of management the Marine Corps has to offer. Small unit Leadership helps drive the every day functions that my shop is required to do, and helps everything run smoothly.
Pros
Small unit Leadership, management at all levels in the chain of command
A club for Men
Hydraulic/pneumatic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2016
Lots of travel, discipline, and brotherhood. Fair pay and promotions for those who work for it. Good benefits and perks.
fast paste and physical job
ARMORY CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NC 28542September 25, 2016
it has it ups and downs, if you don't like waking up early in the morning this isn't for you, if you don't like getting yelled at this isn't for you and if you are lazy this is not a job for you. it a life experience that youll never get any place else but the USMC.
Pros
you get paid reguardless, you learn so much/knowledge
Cons
your on salary
Hardworking and Dedicated workplace
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  Parris Island, SCSeptember 25, 2016
Typical days include waking up early, doing a group training activity, then going to the shop together to work together in either maintaining or repairing Radio Operator Equipment. Atmosphere is a mix between serious and intense, but also of comradery. The hardest part is figuring out what the issue with some equipment is, but it is also the most rewardable part once it is good to go again. The most enjoyable part is working with such lively and interesting co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunch, smoke breaks
Cons
Waking up exceptionally early, formations
i all ready have done this
Field Artillery Cannoneer Crewman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 25, 2016
i dont know what i have to keep writing my review. but it would be very lovely if i didnt have to anymore. please stop making me do this
Challenging, Productive, and rewarding
Director of Logistics and Mobility (Current Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 25, 2016
Pro's: There is plenty of travel, there are challenges in the location and environment that you work. You are operating out of the most obscure locations, starting literally from ground up. The work is fast paced, challenging working with all of the different countries and cultures.

Con's: It is hard to balance a family life with the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4