U.S. Marine Corps
5,752 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Experience of a Lifetime
Corporal (Former Employee), Havelock, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: work and life experience, skills development, a great culture developing teamwork
Cons: does not have conventional hours
A typical day in the Marine Corps is hard to describe due to the ever changing environment I was in Depending if i was deployed or back in the states a day deployed consisted of maintaining communications equipment consisting of fiber optics connections, phone systems and physical network connections. Should a problem in the network be found my job – more... was to assure that services be attended to and properly fixed. A normal day in the Marine Corps would consist of maintaining operational readiness of equipment. Duties throughout the Marine Corps included maintaining work areas and offices by completing custodial needs. – less
Time of my life with no regets.
Drill Instructor (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: helped changed my life around
Thought me great time management. Developed a strong work ethic and very goal oriented. Accountable and ambitious, able to remain focused and productive in challenging situations.
Food Service Supervisor
Food Service Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Assigned as a supervisor, I enforced the safety, proper sanitation, and handling of food products to all my team members. I managed the rotation of my team members, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and assigning them to the position best suitable to complete the task at hand.
Its the military
RADIO OPERATOR (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 15, 2014
Experience will vary. This job is not for the faint hearted. If you have doubts about your abilities to do this job then I say go join and you will surprise yourself about the personal goals you will overcome. BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. The people you meet here will be closer than family for the rest of your life. You really cannot get this anywhere else.
Fun place to start, with the option to stay.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), HawaiiDecember 15, 2014
Pros: travel, exciting, not the usual route
Cons: long hours, travel to places you don't want to
It was an eye opener to say the least. Starting your adult life in this type of environment can be an overall good experience. Typical work day. Promotions are not always done on merit, you most likely will be under the supervision of a not so smart person.
Best life you could ask for
Sergeant / Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: all of it
As an infantryman for 12 years this was the best experience a person could ask for. You learn self-reliance, team work and management skills. The life lessons you learn can take you far in any civilian company.
The Brotherhood
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Twentynine Palms, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, sense of belonging
Cons: twentynine palms
The USMC is the best decision i have ever made, it turned me into the man, husband and father I am today. You will find no one more loyal in life than a Marine on your left and right and no worse enemy when you cross them.
Fast paced
Air Traffic Control Communications Technician (Former Employee), Beaufort, South CarolinaDecember 13, 2014
Pros: marines
Cons: long hours
Worked in a box everyday. Maintained communication and navigational systems. Loved the management and co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was the hours. Most enjoyable Aspect was the camaraderie with fellow Marines.
productive
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Colts Neck, NJDecember 13, 2014
Worked with retired Marines. Typing their DD-214. Customer Service. Hard working place, but helps you learn a lot for customer service.
Top notch organization builds leaders
Senior Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaliforniaDecember 13, 2014
Pros: instills the leadership traits required to suceed in the military and corporate world.
Cons: balance between work and family very demanding
Outstanding organization of leaders, great travel opportunities and benefits are second to none.
It's the Marines
Corporal (Former Employee), Twenty-nine PalmsDecember 13, 2014
Pros: part of something great, true service for your country
Cons: you move up or you move out
The most respected fighting force in the world. Key word "Fighting" its not like any other branch, You will serve in the Corps. It might be depressing sometimes, but knowing that you served your country as a Marine gains you more recognition that you will ever have. The expectation you will face when you move on from the Corps is unrivaled beyond anything – more... else. It's hard to put into words, but you don't join the Marines for college money, its a culture of fighting men and sometimes Marines forget that. – less
The most enjoyable part of my job
0311 - INFANTRY SQUAD LEADER (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: brotherhood
Cons: low pay
What i loved most about my job was deploying to various countries and making a difference in the world. This also allowed me to see many places around the world and make friends that will last a lifetime.
Maintenance
Water Support Technician (Former Employee), Okinawa, Japan and Camp Lejuene North CarolinaDecember 12, 2014
Doing required preventative maintenance and repair of equipment. Also tasked with up keep of shop and surrounding area.
Great Experience
F/A-18 Jet Engine Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasDecember 12, 2014
Pros: being a marine
Cons: pay
Being a Marine!
Training, training, and more training.
Discipline and structure.
Top down management.
marines aren't for everyone.
Supply Administration and Operation Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare
I joined the marines. While I was single it was great but once I got a family it was hard. Now I hate it.
Great Work Environment
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee), San DiegoDecember 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Great place to work where you can grow and better yourself in every way!
Loved my time is the Corps
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2014
Great time while i was a Marine. I met a lot of great people i went a lot of great places and I did it all while serving my country. You dont make a lo but free medical dental and food/housing means you dont have to make much but you do need to manage your money well. I wouldnt take back the time i spent in the military and i would do it all over again – more... if i had too. – less
Would recommend to anybody
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 12, 2014
I love the Marines and everything about it. The benefits, the pay and the ability to go anywhere.
constant change of enviroment
Supervisor and Mentor (Former Employee), Quantico, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: constant change of enviroment. great health care.
The Marine Corps was a very challenging and fun place to work. We usually met up at 530am for personnel accountability and to workout with the staff. I learned how to properly supervise and manage personnel. I took the good and bad leadership principles to develop my own. I am a firm believer in leading by example. I will never ask someone to do something – more... that I will not do myself. The management was like everywhere else, you had good leaders and bad ones. That's why I took it upon myself to try and lead subordinates with respect firmness fairness and dignity. The hardest part of being in the Marines was being away from my family for months at a time. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Marines, especially meeting and befriending people from all walks of life. – less
Semper Fidelis
Staff Sergeant, Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Camp PendletonDecember 11, 2014
Pros: needed to put in 110% effort if you wanted to be the best without question
Cons: you need to kow that you country comes 1st before your family
There is no other opportunity that I was truly thankful to be apart of than my time in the United States Marine Corps. It did not matter who you were or who thought you were unless you were willing to be part of the proudest unit of our nation's military service.

1 2 3 4 5