U.S. Marine Corps
5,997 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Great camaraderie
Aviation Life Support System (ALSS) Chief (Current Employee), Ft Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Loved meeting people from ll over the United Sates that I may have never met without military service.
Best thing i've done in my life
Airport Firefighter (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: help with schooling
Cons: having to have a hair cut every week
I'm very proud to have served my Country. The training i received there changed my life in a positive way. I had one of the best jobs in the Marine Corps.
Living on base and getting assistance for schooling is one of the best parts about serving in the military.
the hardest part about the job was going on deployment. packing up and moving to who knows where.
Excellent way to learn discipline and instill the best of values.
Amphibious Assault Vehicle Crewchief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: instilled discipline and teaches you attention to detail
Cons: short lunches.
A typical day at work would start with PT (Physical Training) at 0630, afterwards we would head down to the ramp (where the AAV's were stored) after arrival and accountability, we would then proceed to unlock our vehicles, run them for a short time and continue to bust rust and overall maintenance of the vehicle for the rest of the day. The hardest part of the job was the constant outside work, however this conditioned us and made us better at our jobs. The most enjoyable part of this job was to operate our tracks together as a platoon, rolling down tank trails and splashing into the ocean off the back of a moving ship, doing beach raids at night and day with infantry in our troop compartment. Long hours during field ops wasn't a problem as we enjoyed what we did.
Best job I ever had
Non-commissioned officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I learned a lot about life in the Marine Corps. I should never take it for granted.
Challenging and Diverse Workspace
Work Center Supervisor/Collateral Duty Inspector (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: challenging work environment that induced learning.
Cons: location
A typical day at work consisted of the troubleshooting of many different types of equipment, whether it was an electrical or mechanical issue. I supervised all maintenance actions that took place and inspected all work as the Collateral Duty Inspector, which is a quality assurance billet. It was a chellenging but rewarding job that allowed oneself to learn many different skills.
productive and a good place to grow
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), north carolinaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: advancment
Long hours and very productive. Creates a sense of home while you are at work and you learn to love and hate your co-works as if they were your sisters, brothers, or significant other. Management fluctuated due to the fact that you never really had the same person over you for very long.
Best Job
Property and logistic Supply Manager (Current Employee), virginiaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits and travel
Cons: long hours and deployments
Great job with great benefits. You can find any benefits better then in the military.
Rewarding
Electronic Countermeasures Avionics Technician (Current Employee), VirginiaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: experience, job security, salary, healthcare
Cons: working hours, unattainable goals
A great place for people to earn a living and gain valuable experiences. The Marine Corps will prepare you for life as a civilian, a career Marine or to transfer into another federal program.
best years of my life
supply clerk (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: training, paid vacation
Cons: wear and tear on your body
When I joined I was young and very inexpedience. With the help of friends and my leadership I learned what it took to be a great leader and worker. I will always respect what the Marines gave me.
The best administrative support and service!
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: ability to help others in need
I enjoyed being a Sergeant and an active employee of the Marine Corps. A typical day at work consisted of supervising 3 administrative assistants and submitting daily and monthly reports to my supervisors. I was also in charge of maintaining and organizing 180 employee accounts within the company. I actively helped employees with administrative problems. A big part of my daily task was providing customer service as well. I enjoyed bringing the best professional service I can to the employees of my company.
MIlitary
Counterintelligence / Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: promotion, comraderie, sense of belonging, sense of self-worth, lifetime bonds
Cons: loss of time with family and friends, high-stress, high physical demand
The last 13 years have not felt like a job to me. Joining the military, was a calling. I followed in the footsteps of my grandfather and made a the right choice for me. The discipline, skill, integrity, perseverance that is called from a U.S. service member is unmatched in my opinion. I love serving my country and wish to continue in some line of work. The deployments make you feel alive and important. It demonstrates all your training, dedication, and efforts culminate into a sound product for others to see and allowing success. The military is a way of life for those who embrace it. It is a very rewarding and fulfilling job. Yet, it can be the most demanding job any person can expect to fill in their lifetime. The military takes much and gives back little. I say this because time is valuable commodity.
Packaging Specialist/Security Corporal (Former Employee), Camp PendletonJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent healthcare dental
Cons: long hours
• Planned, supervised, trained and performed various duties pertaining to the preparation and packaging of various types of material for movement or shipment.
• Tasks included shipping, receiving, storing, cleaning, drying, preserving, packaging, marking, and material consolidation
• Performed comprehensive inspection and training on industrial hygiene, safety procedures and fiscal accountability.
• Supervised, trained, evaluated, and counseled ten personnel.
• Provided support in facility management, materiel management, processing, and procedures applicable to the protection of material from deterioration and/or physical damage.
Great Experience, life changing
Squad Leader - Camp Lejuene, NC (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: sense of duty and meaning
Cons: dangers
Life time experience
have to experience it first hand
not for anyone
This is a way of life
S-3 Training Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare, dental, job stability, and professionalism (for the most part)
Cons: long work hours, early mornings, tough workouts, strict regulations
Experiences vary based on mos and personnel. As for my job a typical day would be to get your physical training squared away in the morning, work in an office or in field training, eat lunch aka chow, work some more, train some more then go home aka the barracks. As far as management goes I believe I was fortunate to have had superiors who were professional as well as hands on as far as helping marines. As far as co-workers go I'm glad I got to meet people from different walks of life, I met marines and sailors from New York, New Jersey, Kansas, Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Alaska, and many other places. One thing I learned is that we are all similar in some way no matter where you're from. I think the hardest part of this job is how strict everything is and how early you have to wake up, that and physical training (I still have scars lol). I think the most enjoyable part of this job is stability.
Productive and rewarding
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 25, 2015
This was the most rewarding job that I have taken as it has given me a wide range of everything to learn. I was able to not only learn what I find to be the most important thing being teamwork but it has given me the ability to overcome any obstacle; with this being said I have taken many jobs through all of moves across the country being to take on anything that stood in my way from electrical work to the financial industry. The most difficult part of this were the deployments that I have been on being away from friends and family needing to adapt to a foreign country in a split second. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet new people knowing that from this I would take away life experiences that would get me ready for anything in my way.
Marine Corps
m.p and truckdriver (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I love serving my country and i done it for 20 yrs and it was 5 stars from me
Great benefits, great comraderie, good place to aquire skills for the long haul
Mechanic, Imagery Analyst, Recruiter (Former Employee), Marine CorpsJanuary 24, 2015
I have enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps, with recent changes, it is becoming very competitive again to continue service. The competition does make for a better establishment overall, and that is a plus considering what it is and what is involved.
Professional
Aviation Electrician Tech (Former Employee), oceansideJanuary 24, 2015
 Used hand tools, power tools, set up and operated ground support as well as test equipment.
 Installed, adjusted, tested, modified, repaired, and also maintained electronic parts
 Counseled junior Marines, supervised work their work, made sure safety precautions were being met
brotherhood like no other
Rifleman/Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: travel, job security
Cons: salary, leadership
A lot of people wonder what happens in the daily life of an infantry marine...unfortunately theres too much to tell. however in person i can answer all the questions you have in regards to being an active duty member of americas elite fighting force.
N/a
Rifleman Lcpl/E-3 (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2015
N/a typical day at work great leadership learning new skills daily new experiences and challenges

1 2 3 4 5