U.S. Marine Corps
4,963 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Great envroment with great people
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about troubleshooting computers and switchboards
Cons: redundant
Most work days were redundant and very boring. I would come in grab a laptop and start troubleshooting. Once finished I would move on to the next one, and so on. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the people I worked with. Being around social people made the days a lot more enjoyable.
Productive Work Environment
Marine Recruiter (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, free medical/dental, vacation time, job security
Cons: long work hours
Being a United States Marine is an honor. Typical work day is always different and always brings new challenges. I have learned team work as well as leadership. Management is an important part of any job and even more so in some of the situations that military members find themselves in on a daily basis. Even in extreme conditions you can always count – more... on your fellow Marines to be there when you need them. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family, and the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see my family when i get home. – less
Productive and knowledgable workplace with a great group of people
Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 30, 2014
A day at work starts at (07:30) for myself and it starts with me logging into my computer to check all the transactions that were processed & ran the night before for any discrepancies. I can also view any upcoming transactions and add some if I need to.

I've learned that I don't have to take on the entire load sometimes. I've learned its alright to – more... rely on dependable people and that if I need to talk, there were people there who would listen. – less
Proud to serve
Sergeant / Watch Commander / Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 29, 2014
Serving 6 years in the Marine Corps was the toughest and most rewarding work experience in my years of overall employment.
Great experience, did some of the most exiting things in the world.
Rifleman (0311) (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 29, 2014
Pros: traveling the world and best training in the world.
Cons: spending months away from family.
Had physical training every day. Learned how to keep calm under pressure while still being able to operate and lead my subordinate. My co-workers were some of the most amazing hard working people in the world. Hardest part was being deployed in a dessert heat and still trying to operate at 100% capabilities. I enjoyed spending time with my fellow Marines – more... and conducting operations. – less
Good benefits and job security
Unit Leader of up to 50 professionals (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 29, 2014
Hard to balance work and home time between deployments. Good job for single men excellent benefits and builds work ethic.
Awesome career
Avionics Chief (Former Employee), Camp PendletonJuly 29, 2014
I had a great 20 years, when I joined in 1994 I never figured that I would be a Marine for 20 years.
Boot Camp?
Recruit PFC (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJuly 29, 2014
It was He'll on earth but if i could id do it all over again if i could
Service to my country. My duty.
Telecommunications (Former Employee), USA and OkinanwaJuly 29, 2014
Boot Camp- Paris Island. You are mentally broken down and made to feel like you are the scum of the earth. But there is not greater feeling of the pride that you feel when you walk across the parade deck on graduation day.

Telecommunications- responsible for receiving and delivering telecommunications from all military bases world wide and ensuring – more... delivery of the messages to proper personnel. – less
USMCR
Reservist (Former Employee), Admin and SecurityJuly 29, 2014
Pros: military
Cons: travel
Went into the United States Marine Corp Reserve but did some active time.
Summary
Deputy Director / Operations Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2014
Served with some of the finest men and women this nation has to offer.
Marine Corps
Sergeant - Squad Leader (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 29, 2014
The Marines was the best choice I have made yet in my short time on this earth. I wouldn't change anything in the past for the life of me
Great diversity of work experiences
Network/System Administrator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare, job security
Cons: politics
Typical day started in the office at 7:30 with answering trouble tickets with issues within our building. Managing and maintaining the windows servers throughout the day and assisting the contractors with our Linux database.

I learned numerous including basic installation and operation of vMware, How to manage active directory within Windows Server – more... environments.

My co-workers were all eager to learn and easy to work with at most times.

The hardest part of my job were the 12+ hour days and 7 day work weeks at times.

Installing new software and hardware was the most enjoyable. – less
It's all about perspective
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: learn new trade, free college, free tutition assistance while serving, military discount, meet a lot of new friends
Cons: getting shouted at, getting shot at, pulling pits on the range, being stationed in the desert, being stationed in the jungle/swamp
You could love or you could hate it.
My job was pretty skate. Depending on the time of year, PT was either in the morning or the afternoon. Living out in town, I preferred it in the afternoon. So, get to work between 0730 and 0800, do some typing, file some paper work, clean radios, and get work orders together.
My MOS was too broad for one person to – more... grasp all the fields. I'll just say communications, but it really meant, Networking, Systems Administration, Satcom Operator, Radio Operator, Wire-dog, Phone guy, Cryptographer, Keeper of Hard Drives and all things Classified, and that guy who works on all the random electrical stuff. That was the hard part of the job, knowing every that was expected of you.
On the other side of the coin, and this isn't the easy side, it's just the other hard side, is becoming a Marine. Not everyone makes it through Boot Camp, and not everyone these days gets accepted or gets to stay in. I got out after my first enlistment cause I now had a viable skill set for the civilian world and make extra 20K than I did in the Cream Corn with BAH, BAS, and almost as much as I made while getting shot at over in Iraqistan.
It's a hit or miss. I enjoyed a lot of it. Free college is a plus, whenever I get around to using that. – less
Don't promise you a rose garden
Aviation Quality Assurance Inspector/Supervisor (Former Employee), North Carolina, Japan, CaliforniaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, seein the world
Cons: no time off, no freedom, no privacy
If you envision working 12 on 12 off, 7 days a weeks, risking your life for your country in the armpit of the world and never seeing your family, then this is for you. I did ten wonderful years. Had to move on to raise my kids. Semper Fi!
Very exciting career. I got to experience different cultures over 8 years!
Work Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 2-hour lunches with 30-days paid vacation every year
Cons: lots of time away from your wife/kids
Typical work day: some PT in the morning before the sun comes up, some administrative work for about an hour, then performing your primary job for the majority of the day.
US Marine Corps
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee), Cherry Point NcJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay was not great
I loved my time in the Marines. I would recommend it to anyone.
Excellent place to learn job skills and intangible skills that you can learn no where else.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Quantico, VAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: job skills
Cons: time and distance away
An enjoyable and fulfilling 5 years where I traveled the world, learned particular job skills, and how to be a leader. Fellow Marines will become life long brothers. The hardest part of the job is being away from family. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling.
Amazing
LCPL/ Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: yelling lol
I had the best times of my life in the Marines. I would recommend the military to anybody.It is a great opportunity for any young men wanting to better their lives.
Marine Corp
Distribution Management Specialist (Former Employee), Japan, North carolinaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: physically fit
Cons: the lifestlye
The Marines gave me alot of structure and discipline i lacked before joining. I came into my own and really figued out who i was. In the end I'm thankful for the experience.

1 2 3 4 5