U.S. Marine Corps
6,487 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

you make a second family here
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, family scene
Cons: healthcare is flawed
I love it and I hate it at the same time. The work life balance is basically 80% work 20% family. Some units are really good in having family events though. I will never forget my brothers and sisters and the adventures we had together. Great place to make memories. I may seem bad at times but we all had each other to lift up and support through the hard times.
Productive workforce. and work place
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 27, 2015
The pride of becoming a Marine is only enhanced by the fulfillment of purpose that comes from serving as one. As one of the Few,
your schedule will be full, and your mission always fulfilling. Many nights are long and all mornings are early, but every day will begin
with the realization that you make a profound difference in the world.
Between the sun coming up and the bugle playing morning colors, it is the sound of runners yelling cadence that fills Marine bases and stations. In the Marine Corps, PT (Physical Training) is a ritual practiced by all, as commitment to fitness is just part of being a Marine. Regularly scheduled physical exercise ensures Marines are able to meet the physical demands of their missions.
High Tempo and Demanding
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee), North Carolina, Korea, ArizonaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Esprit D Corps, Team
Cons: Time from family, need a total dedication
10 to 12 hour days, lots of responsibilities, learn management and leadership skills.
Strict Standards
Have to listen to someone because they outrank you, not because the person knows what they are doing
It's an awesome gun club
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2015
The Marine Corp was everything I was told it was gonna be. Fast paced, intense, and life changing. It took me places I would have never gone before and showed me things I could only learn through them. It was the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done. I wouldn't change it for the world.
Awesome Workplace
Supply Administration and Accounting Chief (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCMarch 27, 2015
In my years of working in the USMC, I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge and skills that will carry me positively throughout my future endeavors. Great structure and moral.
End User Support
Network Supervisor, Data System Technician (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 27, 2015
On an average day, we take in less than 100 incoming calls that user's have questions about their computers. We submit tickets to a higher tier helpdesk to facilitate administrative roles outside of our security groups.
I always look forward to coming into work because I learn a new troubleshooting step each day.
Great developmental experience
Infantry Officer, Captain (Current Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 27, 2015
Great experience, humbled to have worked with such great people. I am moving on in order to pursue other goals outside of the military.
life changing experience
MOTOR TRANSPORT VEHICULAR OPERATOR (Former Employee), parris island scMarch 26, 2015
Pros: turns boys into men
Cons: pt at 0430
joining the marines was a very life changing experience and taught me so many lifechanging skills. if I had the chance id do it all over again
One of the toughest occupations in the US.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Physically and Mentally Strengthens you, special skills and knowledge.
Cons: Weather.
I was an Infantry Marine stationed in Camp Pendleton, CA. During this job I have learned numerous subjects from different fields that relates to my own in order to improve myself. I have attained skills and characteristics that will separate myself and any other civilians with no Military background. The leadership is traditional and is earned in this service branch, leadership here is unlike any other branch and in civilian workplace. All management must be knowledgeable, experienced, and respected. Some of the hardest parts of this job would be the weather, (the scorching heat, numbing cold, miserable rain) and the death dealing physical labors. The most enjoyable parts of this job would be looking back at the hardest parts and that it's been accomplished, spending time with your co-workers during the job, and the pride you have working at this job.
The Few. The Proud.
Quality Assurance Safety Observer (Current Employee), MCAS YumaMarch 26, 2015
The fulfillment of serving your country as a U.S. Marine is unparalleled. Our core values of honor, courage and commitment are so deeply ingrained in every member that the relationship between Marines is more than colleague to colleague, it is more like brother to brother. The most difficult part of being a Marine is knowing that some will give the ultimate sacrifice and may not return home.
Great Opportunities For Those Looking To Lead Abnormal Lifestyle
Squad Leader/Threat Reduction Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 26, 2015
Working for the military is in no way what anyone expects at first. You will be treated very poorly and very harshly, but it is all part of training to deal with the stress of war. If you can get through the first year or two of nonstop stress, the job becomes very rewarding and gives great experiences that cannot be achieved anywhere else. However, most people who stay in long enough to be in charge are either too scared or too stupid to leave the harsh, under paying enviroment and it will reflect in their ability to lead.
it was ok
Squadron Leader (Current Employee), Albany, GAMarch 26, 2015
retail is retail ware ever tjmaxx is a good company but you will deal with lots of different people and different personalities. but my overall experiences was not bad.
It's military, either do it for love or don't do it.
Communications Manager (Former Employee), WorldwideMarch 26, 2015
Exciting culture where things change daily. It is the military, so long hours and plenty of time away from home in some not so nice garden spots.
Best Career for a military oriented person
Operations Chief (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Old age but low ranking marines
I would recommend anyone who still has the chance to serve this country and become a better person. It was fun working while it all lasted
Great
Lance Corporal (Current Employee), Brookpark, OhioMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Everything
A Typical Day in the Marines consist of Physical Training in the Morning. Sometime later you will have some classes on Various Subjects. I have Learned about many things in the Marine Corps that many people have not. But my main job is to Operate and Maintain Radios. My Co-workers are Great. Hardest part of the Job is sometimes Periods away from home. Then the Best Part is The Experience as a whole. I Love the Marine Corps.
Productive team members and management
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Havelock, NCMarch 25, 2015
In my time as a Diesel Technician for the Marine Corps i did have a lot of fun but more than anything i learned my job from physically doing the work and having others work with me.
It isn't a job it is a life
Corporal/Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: your a Marine, you get paid well, get great benefits
Cons: Deployments can be hard, but it is what we live for
Only reason I am not currently active in the USMC is because I went through a divorce and child custody battle and could not remain active if I wanted to keep my child.
Very productive and hands on work.
1141 Engineer/ Electrician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The working environment was great.
Cons: The dismissal time always varys, we could be dismissed on time or really late.
A typical day at work would start with physical training followed by what is in the agenda for the Junior Marines that needed to be done before the end of the day. I learned many things such as the importance of team work and helping others out when in need of help. Management always had different things going on causing some type of crisis but things always got done when they needed to be. The hardest part of the job was working in the low temperatures outside of the shop. The most enjoyable part of being here is being with the Marines. So many cultures and everyone brings different trades to the table.
Great exerience
Small Computer Systems Specialist (Former Employee), MCLB Albany, GAMarch 25, 2015
The military lifestyle is very demanding and requires great sacrifice not only from the soldier but from the family as well.
Very Productive
US. Marine Infantryman (Former Employee), US BasedMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent opportunities to grow and travel
Cons: Reached a point of diminishing returns
The time spent in the Marine Corps were the most formidable years of my life. I had the privilege of learning multiple disciplines and trades all while traveling and serving my country. It was an honor to have served.

1 2 3 4 5