U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Plenty of leadership examples and delegation and time management experience.
Data Network Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Job security, benefits.
Cons: Long work days, no hourly wages.
Wake up early and do some sort of physical training. I learned how to manage my time and complete tasks within a certain time limit and be productive with no supervision. My co workers were pleasant at most times. Hardest part of the job is having difficult superiors that are not understanding. Most enjoyable part is that I made lifelong friends not to mention life experience beyond my peers.
United States Marine Corps
Correctional Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 29, 2015
While at times it can be tough, the job that I had was very fulfilling. Everyone is going through the same things so the bond with who you are working with only gets stronger. I personally believe that everyone should at least do 4 years in one of the branches. The skills and training you receive are extremely valuable.
Productive, team work, unit cohesion
Operations and Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Vienna, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Guarantee pay, human developement, benefits, intangible traits
Cons: Family separations due to deployments, uptempo
Marine Corps' motto is to win battles and make better and productive citizens. With that, team work, attention to detail, cohesion, and the core values are daily lives. The core values include honor, courage, commitment. As such, Marine Corps instills intangible traits in people which in turn, are valuable in the lives after Corps.
the military is great take it from a veteran
Warehouse, Storeroom officer, Material handler (Former Employee), numerous military instrellationsJuly 29, 2015
Pros: got to go everywhere
Cons: not good for newly married personnel
to be able to go across country or overseas to different duty stations was a plus. the people you meet, the experience you get, and the training makes it all worth while.
USMC
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Working with Marines, great work opportunities, and great career progression
Cons: There were some, but I wouldn't trade my service for anything!
The Marine Corps is not completely different from corporate America. There are typical work days. For example, I often drove to work in the morning, checked emails, attended meetings, worked on my task list, then more emails and meetings before heading home. I enjoyed the challenges presented daily, such as short notice tasks. Travel was great, too. My coworkers were usually a pleasure to work with, and I always enjoyed interacting with fellow Marines.
Hard Work and Dedication
Anti Tank Missileman & Security Forces (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CA, Kingsbay, GA, Chesapeake, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits of Active Duty Military
Cons: Away from family for long periods of time
Marine Corps teaches any human being how to manage life and any situation that appears within reason. Teaches you how to become a better person inside and out.
Intelligence Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), beaufort SCJuly 29, 2015
My job was intelligence, I started my day off with work out the a hour to shower change over and be at the office at 7:30, received the pass down (what happened and what was still left to do) from the night shift. During work I mostly did research on the current events going on in the world until lunch from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Then worked until 1600, then I would conduct pass down with the evening shift. That end my day and did basically the same thing Monday through Friday.
Challenging and rewarding experience defending the Nation.
Assistant Team Manager (Former Employee), Quantico, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free medical and dental, 30 days paid vacation per year
Cons: Long term deployments away from home
A most honorable profession, volunteering to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The Marine Corps is in its essence, a breeding ground for leadership, and all of the intangibles that when combined make great leaders. An ever, fast paced environment of challenges that must be overcome, in face of of danger. Facing austere environments, taking care of fellow Marines, doing the right thing for the right reasons.
Diverse community
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Deployments
Some of the most diverse and interesting people I ever met was here. A lot of good times and a lot of bad. Deployments are frequent.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 28, 2015
It was a great work environment as well as the camaraderie between all the different types of people that you meet and interact with.
A brotherhood with impeccable morals, values, and traditions
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NC 28545July 28, 2015
Pros: medical, dental, education benefits
Cons: sometimes 24 hour work schedules
My time in the Marine Corps can not be summed up in a single word, sentence, or paragraph. It was one of my greatest adventures. Though physically and mentally exhausting, the Corps always had a way of keeping me hungry for knowledge. Every day was a lesson, all valuable. I learned how to do difficult tasks in extreme conditions, how to follow; but more importantly, how to lead. The Marine Corps was the best job I've ever had.
Serving Country
Administrative Speacialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time away from family
It was an honor to wear the uniform and proudest time. I learned a lot of respect of those who wore the uniform before me. Our fellow marines are brothers an sisters. Hardest part of Job is the training. The most enjoyable part of job is the accomplishments.
Hard but worth it.
Special Intelligence Systems Administrator (Former Employee), USAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: All the benefits!
Cons: Hard work, long hours
Being a U.S. Marine is hard. They challenge you every day to strive, push forward, and succeed.

Joining the Marine Corps was the best decision I had ever made in my entire life. Though it is not for everyone, I highly recommend it to any man or woman who is able bodied, and loves a challenge.

I'm a proud supporter of the United States Military, and will pass on my pride and support to my future children.

Semper Fi.
Great branch
Lance Corporal - Warehousing (Current Employee), Albany,GAJuly 28, 2015
Highly trained personal who takes care of business daily. A very disciplined group of individuals that comes together as one.
Aviation Ordnance Chief (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Meeting great people
Cons: Long working hours
-Learned a lot about leadership and team work.
-Couldn't ask for a better career for the last 19 years.
-Deployments are long but this country isn't going to defend itself.
Its a bitter Sweet
E-4 Corporal (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 28, 2015
I love some and hated some. IT really depends on your unit anf your job. you can be a combat veteran or be desk Marine. Like i said depends on unit and job. or MOS
Great place to work for a sense of belonging and teamwork
Instructor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 28, 2015
If you want a great place to work where it's like a family and everyone takes care of each other regardless of the situation, this is the place for you.
Military
Infantry, Logistics, Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 28, 2015
Fun work place with friendly and supportive management. Customers, Military and family members are always friendly and supportive when you are conducting business
Best times of my life
Corporal - 2DBN 3DMARDIV (Former Employee), Kaneohe, HIJuly 28, 2015
Everyday was different from the last. Very demanding but the most rewarding job I've ever had. I learned about different weapon systems and cultures. Also how to lead Marines and to perform well as a leader.
Hardworking and motivating
RQ-7B Repairer (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CA 92277July 27, 2015
The United States Marine Corps will give you life. It is a great brotherhood to be apart of that you will not regret joining.