U.S. Marine Corps
6,733 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps United States Employee Reviews

Awesome
Transportation and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 3, 2015
Had fun, traveled the world, made lasting friends, most of them great leaders from whom I learned much. If I could do it again, I would, no doubt.
Solid Institution
Operations Manager - OFTSSC at MCTSSA (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 2, 2015
I am extremely proud of my time spent in the USMC. Any person willing and able to serve should do so. The days are tough. You learn a lot. Management is strong.
loved it
KC-130j Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee), havelock, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: dangerous
I loved the time i spent in the Corps and would still be in if wasn't for a knee injury. I think every young man should serve in some branch of the military at some point in there life.
Great work enviroment
Production Planning/ Database Administrator (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: constant change
A typical day at work included running backups on the system, reviewing reports for errors, troubleshooting software issues, logging, reviewing, and analyzing data. Through my time in the military I learned to work as a team, communications skills, along with how to manage a stressful and fast paced work environment. Management worked well with everyone, supporting the workers and helping us along the way. My coworkers and I developed a very strong relationship and worked well with one another no matter what the situation. THe hardest part of the job was moving from place to place . The most enjoyable part of the job for myself was the comradery and the sense of achievement.
Stability, Life lessons, best thing that happen to me
Aviation administration/records clerk Corporal E-4 (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, Ca.May 1, 2015
Pros: Stability and growth
My day would consist of core elements of being a Marine. Organization, respectfulness, learning daily, being accountable for my actions. I was a Aviation Administrator, I had to maintain the engine logs making sure that each component was good and that the engine was functional to fly. This consist of three different aircraft's and 3 different engines. The logs were hand logs and also computer database logs. I learned more then I could image how to work in high pressure environment (during 9/11) we had aircraft's coming in very frequently so work was on average about 12 hours a day. Learning was a daily and continuous. Management was great, staff NCO's, officers knew how to get things done and learn from them daily. My co workers we literally like my brothers and sister we all got along great. The hardest part was trying to stay afloat working over 12 hour days but we understood what we had to do daily to get it done.The most enjoyable part is being around people that served our country daily and took that with such high regard and respect each and everyday.
Challenging work experience
Food Service Operations Chief (Former Employee), Cherry Point NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Pride
Cons: none
Excellent benefits
Senior leadership was great!
Day to day operations vary upon mission.
Wonderful people to work with.
Make lasting friendships
Enjoy other countries
Hard Work, Long Hours
Ground Radio Repairer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2015
time for work was 6-5, but most times we ended up working longer hours.I was trained in a good job skill set of Electronics Repair. It was much easier to advance in most other fields, so my job did not advance as much. Co-Workers were diverse and never boring, hardest part of the job was being away from home for 7 months straight, but I did enjoy all the opportunities provided to me and experiences that I was able to be a part of.
Structure, and discipline that will stay with you for life
COMBAT ENGINEER (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great environment to become a leader
Cons: first 4 years won't give you much free time.
Wake up before the sun, exercise with your squad, platoon, company, battalion, and sometimes the whole division.
...

Shower eat breakfast, and report for accountability all before 7:30AM.

...

Depending on your MOS (job) you will either go work or train.

...

a supervised cleaning of your barracks room weekly.

...

Not good for balance of life and work. Once a Marine, you first priority is serving your country 24/7. The Marine Corps prides itself on reaction time.
hard job
Maintenance Management Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: 24 hour duty
the hardest part of the job was leaving behind my family and being gone from my daughter so long I didn't like being far away from my parents but I needed to make a life for myself.
Tough, Motivated workplace. Lifestyle is not for everyone.
Radio and Data Communications Technician (Former Employee), SC,CA,NC- US,Japan,South KoreaApril 30, 2015
During my time spent at the electronics maintenance company I maintained, repaired and operated hundreds of thousands of communications and various electronic equipment. Duties included soldering components on circuit cards, updating software and firmware, handling secret equipment, troubleshooting degraded systems, and managing up to ten (10) marines and reporting to superiors on a daily basis as well as maintaining physical fitness of myself and our marines, writing reports, maintaining the standards of the Marine Corps, and counseling Marines under our care.

During my time at communications company I maintained communication systems within vehicles with a team of Marines and learned a large variation of gear I was previously unfamiliar with. Along with maintenance, there was a large emphasis on operation and cross training with different sections.
Very active listener, team player and go getter
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 30, 2015
I'm an enlisted Marine looking for a part time job. I'm a people person, love talking and social interaction with customers and co-workers (business related activities). I'm very productive and I'm a team player. I manage a warehouse full of 40 Marines and work hard for their well being as well. I'm currently in an internship for medical assisting because I like to keep my mind active and learn something new all the time.
The Marine Corps was a blast
Artillery Scout Observer (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCApril 30, 2015
I had a great time in the Corps. i wish i could do it all over again but it was my time to get out and start a new chapter of my life.
Great place to devlop yourself and find your strengths
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), MarinesApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free gym, Pool, and Medical, Dental
Cons: Less family time, and task that you have to swallow your pride to finish
I have served in the Marines for 11 years and have found out that it is more of a life style. What I mean by that is you are going to want to go through hard times and see very little good times. you are going to sacrifice a lot of time to the Marines but it would be time well used. because not only are you defending your country but you are developing you ability to lead, to get hard work completed, to adapt to unusual situations and see an outcome. I love what the Marine Coprs has done for me.
amazing experience
Embarkation Supervisor (Former Employee), camp lejeune NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: lack of individual
good experience for anyone interested in the military, definatly challenging. Best choice i ever made. The management could be better but that varies between units
Good Training
team leader infantry (Former Employee), 29 palms CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: lead men
Cons: alot of standby
Made it in the hardest boot camp the military has to offer, went on two combat deployments. Trained and lead men in combat, have a honorable discharge.
MARINE CORPS!
Aviation Maintenance Administration Clerk (Sgt) (Former Employee), North carolinaApril 30, 2015
I was an aircraft maintenance administrative clerk. I work in proximity to the V-22 Osprey and aided in the operation of the aircraft by tracking maintenance and inspections.
Great
Officer (Former Employee), Quantico VAApril 30, 2015
I loved being a Marine and am still a Marine. Being on a team that was committed to doing good in the world made the job so much easier. While there was no easy day in the Marine Corps, everyday was rewarding. I miss it but I will continue to carry the Marine Corps values with me.
Greatest time of my life
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: The experince
Cons: none
I enjoyed every second I spent as a Marine. I met some great people along the way. Doing pt in the morning and going back to work afterwards and working alongside the other marines was excellent. I got to travel plenty. I will forever be grateful for the experience.
It's a calling to be a Marine.
SNCO (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCApril 29, 2015
Absolutely would do it again. I can say it gave me the tools to be a productive and successful adult. The brotherhood is what makes it so special. Once a Marine Always a Marine. There is nothing a Marine can not handle. They'll find a way to accomplish the mission.
Overall Great Expecience
Cyber Systems Chief (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Skills, Education, Benefits
Cons: working well over 50 hours a week
Because of the very fast pace, you can either have a bad time or a great time, depending on how well you adjust. This is really a give/take organization that can help you in the future or become one of the worst choices you've ever made.

1 2 3 4 5