U.S. Marine Corps
6,866 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Marine Corps
Payroll Correction Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 22, 2015
The military is a lifestyle, not a job. If you are not ready to change your life, I would not suggest enlisting. In my four years of being in the Marine Corps I have become a better person and a strong leader, but that was not without long days, constant management, and sacrificing my personal time.
Rewarding and patriotic
Combat Engineer/ MARSOC (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCMay 21, 2015
I have learned many great things in the marine corps including discipline and honor for my country and fellow man and woman. The Marine Corps is not for the faint at heart and is overall very challenging which I enjoyed because it will push you to bring out the best in you. The Marine Corps was one of the best things I have done in my life and has instilled in me many things that will contribute to my success in my future.
Life changing career with very rewarding benefits
Radio Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NC; Camp Pendleton, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, opportunities
Cons: Time away from family
The United States Marine Corps is, in my opinion, the best organization an individual in this country can be apart of. It is very challenging on a daily basis, whether you're in garrison or forward deployed. You meet outstanding people and build lifelong friendships that you can always depend on. The Marine Corps will transform any person into a very respectable and dependable man, or woman. I personally recommend anyone that is interested in becoming a member of the Armed Forces to highly consider this great organization.
Great way to begin your life.
Marine (Former Employee), OceansideMay 21, 2015
In the Marine Corps the opportunity to learn a multitude of life skills are available on a day to day basis for proper growth as an individual.
Very Productive and ability for advancement
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, ablitity to develop better as a person
Cons: Long work hours, difficult to balance work and personal life
The Marine Corps is a very formal place to work. The typical day lasts about 9-12 hours. I learned how to be a better leader by building up better skills in myself that I wasn't as strong in. The hardest part would be trying to balance personal life with work life as you tend to work long hours. I enjoyed operating all the heavy equipment and being in charge of embarking a whole unit to and from places around the world.
Great chance for advancement
Radio Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: 2 hour lunch (sometimes), sense of belonging
Cons: no set hours
Great chance for advancemernt, job security, a great feeling of doing something for others. It is more like a family than a work enviornment. Depending on what MOS you have, will decide how much paperwork you will do.
GREAT!
Information Security Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
best decision I ever made was to go on Active duty. However all good things must come to an end. Great way to gain experience.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), HawaiiMay 21, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Short breaks
A good place to work for someone willing to make the military a career. Provides a stable work environment with a lot of room for advancement.
a life building experience
Marine (Former Employee), Belton, MOMay 20, 2015
there are few things in life that someone can to do have a major impact. This is one of them, and it will forever change you.
Productive and very rewarding grat work environment.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 20, 2015
A normal day was managing, over seeing quality work ethics and environment. Hardest part of the job I would say is the deployments i went through. I enjoyed training and mentoring the younger marines under my charge and building them into the leaders the are born to be and help reach their full potential.
Accomplishment
Infantryman / Security (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 20, 2015
My greatest accomplishment in the Marine Corps was making it through Basic Training because it was the most intense and demanding thing I've ever experienced in my life and I made it.
enjoyable
Force Recon (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton,CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: was an horor to serve my country
Cons: decisions made from Commander in Chief
honor God, Country, and Corp
great superiors
co-workers outstanding
hardest part was deployment
most enjoyable was the men & woman I served with
Best Job of my Life
Supply Administration (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2015
11 years in the Marine Corps, met so many wonderful people who I now call friends. Loved my job as an Administration Supply Clerk and working in the office/warehouse. I do regret getting out.
The Most Challenging Career I've encountered
First Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 19, 2015
Provided an environment where team work and training are essential to survival. The ability to work with a diverse group of people where all ideas are taken into consideration for accomplishment of assignments. I enjoyed the physical requirements of this job and training learned. The hardest part of this job is deploying to other countries, being separated from family and not knowing if you will return.
A brotherhood which will not be forgotten
Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMay 19, 2015
To me joining the United States Military is something that cannot be explained easily to someone whom hasn't experienced it. It was a wonderful experience getting to know the people on a more personal level. Being forced into sometimes uncomfortable situations causes people to come together and learn to work well with each other.
Having an ever changing management team and moving around a lot you learn many different management styles that you use to adapt your own to help better lead people to a new understanding.
That being said it isn't always the most enjoyable experience. Sometime you work 12 hours a day 7 days a week with little to no time to see your family. Sometime you are put into situations you have to do but wouldn't ever want to put someone else in.
All-in-all I have no regrets for what a did. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for the leadership and training received from the United States Marine Corps
Gained valuable experience and values.
Armory Chief (Former Employee), Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, ArizonaMay 19, 2015
Gained a lot of great experience working in the Marine Corps. Team work, ability to manage and supervise others, and also the importance of reliability.
the Marine Corps is great
Supervising Instructor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: greart
Cons: none
I have no regrets being in the military, if I could I would do it all over again and change nothing. I have met a lot of great people here and it has taught me to respect my self and everyone else that I encounter. It has also taught me great leadership skill, upon many others to.
Best time of my life
infratry (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: respect from alot of people for what we did
Cons: life risking
the marine corps was the best time of my life learned all kinds of stuff . weapons maintaining vehicles such as tanks .everyone was good to work with it was a brother hood. the most enjoy able part of this joib was getting to see the world
SIGINT Operator
Signals Intelligence Operator (Former Employee), HIMay 19, 2015
• Supervised the security of over 300 different sets of sensitive equipment resulting in zero loss
• Led a small team while conducting routine repairs and upkeep on over a dozen vehicles
OORAH
Marine (Former Employee), Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Becoming a Marine
Cons: Tricare
If you are looking up reviews on the Marine Corps on Indeed, your probably looking into the wrong line of work. If you want to be a Marine, be a Marine. Don't do it for the money, or your mom, or your kid, do it for you.

1 2 3 4 5