U.S. Marine Corps
5,100 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

U.S. Marine Corps
Fire Team Leader / Marksman / Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great people, lifelong friendships, great leadership
Cons: long days while deployed.
This was my first trip into the military world and I got hooked immediately. A typical day consist of training, both physically and mentally. during our non deployed status, we trained all the time, but had weekends off most of the time.
Great benefits and opportunity for travel.
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
While in the United States Marine Corps I was constantly challenged with troubleshooting electronics equipment, as well as supervising a shop of twenty seven personnel. During this time I was able to grow into a proficient and tactful leader while simultaneously increasing my technical knowledge on electronics equipment. The most enjoyable part of my – more... job was guiding and mentoring junior technicians and seeing them grow into their skills. – less
Highly structured workplace with little room for error
Corporal/E-4 (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 20, 2014
On any given day, I would perform fuel samples, dispose of HAZMAT, inspect a number of aircraft and perform any maintenance that was needed, inventory and inspect tools and PPE, use industry software, provide guidance and counselling to my subordinates.
Fast paced, mission-oriented workplace with demanding goals
Architect (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MissourriAugust 20, 2014
Management level
School environment
Civil engineering background
An Experience No One Will Forget
Military Policeman, Team Leader (Former Employee), North CarlolinaAugust 20, 2014
The most rewarding decision I ever made was joining the USMC.
Multi-tasking and constantly busy
Career Planner/Counselor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, education, free gym, daycare, making an impact on marines
Cons: not enough time in the day to be able to talk to everyone
My day starts even before I walk in the door. Sometimes I cannot even get changed into my uniform because I have a line at my door with Marines waiting to see me for a counseling, a signature on their paperwork, needing to sign up for a class, needing to sit and talk about their career and what the next steps are, etc.

My management gives me 100% full – more... support. I believe that in the past 20 years this is one of the best commands that I have every worked in.

My Co-workers have their own billets and separate offices that they need to tend to, but we all like to try and support each other as much as we can. We try and get up from behind our desks and go see each other so we can take a quick break from the chaos of the day. It is nice to know that your co-workers do care enough to get up and walk down the hallway to see how your day is going, and then I do the same for them. It makes the day go by faster and a bit better.

The hardest part of my job is when a Marine comes into my office and spills their story and I know deep down that there is no way that they will be retained for future service because they just gave up, they got in too much trouble or they did not get the recommendations that they needed to be retained. It breaks my heart that we can't keep everyone, but we have a mission and it is quality and not quantity.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am invited to a Marines promotion to the next rank and I am asked to promoted him or her. That is a complete honor to take the old and give them a new rank. I be able to shake their hand and give them a few quick words of wisdom to carry on to the next rank is such a great sense of pride. Knowing that they thought of me to do that gives me a tingling sensation that will never leave me. – less
Productive, High Tempo, Demanding
Aviation Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Yuma, AzAugust 19, 2014
Pros: comradery, healthcare.
Cons: long hours, micro managed.
The demand of readiness and training while state side was high; and multiplied immensely while over seas. It was a fun fast passed, nose to the grind, do what it takes to get the job done efficiently and effectively mind set by all involved.
Helps you become a responsible person.
Battalion Administrative Chief (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: keeps you busy
Cons: none.
A typical day was good. Nothing I could not handle. Worked an average 8 to 10 hours daily with most weekends off. 30 days paid vacation.Paid travel around the world to different bases and duty locations.
Life experience
Paralegal/Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Great Environment for all starters. Opportunities are limitless for someone desiring to make the military a career. A place where people build character and a reputation.
a day in the marine corps
Canvassing Recruiter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
There was no typical day while I was in the United States Marine Corps. Every day was a different day and we had different tasks to do.
Great Experience
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
Decent pay, excellent benefits, valuable job training you can use to your advantage
Great route to develop skills for success
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 18, 2014
The Marine Corps will teach you discipline, initiative, tact, and great work ethic.
Professional and Discipline
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
I learned a lot about how our government works and politics. I also made some of my best friends here. I got to travel around the world and do my part for my country.
Military workplace
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia, California, and OhioAugust 18, 2014
The majority of the workplaces while serving in the Marine Corps were warehouse/inventory clerical assignments.
very productive , high stress enviroment, fast paced
Marine Sergeant/ E-5 (Former Employee), camp pendleton, caAugust 18, 2014
Pros: most weekends off, healthcare, dental, insurance
Cons: long hours, over worked under compensated, deployments
even though time away from family while deployed was a downside i loved every experience i had while i was in the Marine Corps.
Loved it only because I Love America
Mechanic/Working Supervisor (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 18, 2014
There is no typical day in the Corps. Learned how to teach and supervise all while working myself, leadership and how to met strict deadlines. Met some life long Brothers while I was in.
Military
F/A-18 Hornet Electrical Systems Technician (Former Employee), San Diego Ca MCAS MiramarAugust 17, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits, deployments, motivated people
Cons: balance of personal life and military life
Every ones experience is different in the military. I loved traveling and working with other units and branches of the military. The training I received was always top notch. The hardest part of the job was being able to balance personal life with military life. The work was rewarding and knowing you were apart of something bigger felt great.
Great career starter. I think after high school everyone should have the opportunity to join the military.
Corporal (Former Employee), Paris Island, S.C.August 17, 2014
Pros: traveling the world. meeting great people.
Cons: the pay was not that good at the time. and being sipped off to war.
I enjoyed my four year tenure in the miltary. It taught me reponsibilty, dicipline etc. I sometimes wish that I would have retired from the military. But just like any other job the military had its ups and downs. You get a chance to bond with a lot of great people in the military, I would not trade that experience for anything in the world!
Place to learn great leadership skills
Supply Chief (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 17, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: hardware and equipment outdated
Great place to learn to follow and develop leadership skills, job security is great, ample opportunities to continue off-duty education and complete the desired degree at no cost. Great way to keep in shape, believe in yourself and push yourself outside your comfort zone.
Great prople
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee), MCBH hawaiiAugust 16, 2014
Good people, sometimes long hours. Pay is lower than it should be

1 2 3 4 5