U.S. Marine Corps
6,284 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Learning experience
Infantry (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: easy going workday
Cons: hours of operation
A day in the life of a marine is stressful, but full of new and unique challenges. Every day is a chance to learn a new skill or tactic.
Opportunity to advance certifications and experience in job field
Network Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: focused training and certifications
Cons: very limited family time and prolonged periods away from home
The Marine Corps allowed for advancement in your given job field by paying for and providing the opportunity to attend further training for certifications. Although the time allowed was short and required condensed learning experiences, the on-the-job training and experience you received from them allowed for fast advancement in your job field.
Opportunity to advance certifications and experience in job field
Network Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: focused training and certifications
Cons: very limited family time and prolonged periods away from home
Marine Corps isnt what it was 12 years ago.
ATC Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: can you stay in long enough to retire?
Its sad to say that people who look out for the Jr. Marines are getting the short end of the stick. the Marine Corps is now a "look out for yourself" Institution.
AWESOME
Noncommissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CCAMarch 2, 2015
Best Place I have ever worked for. I can only hope that more people know what is feels like to earn an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.
Productive and great working experience
Corporal (Former Employee), Twenty-Nine Palms, CaliforniaMarch 2, 2015
The U.S. Marine Corps infantry was a great work experience for the past 4 years. It had taught me many lessons of dependability, responsability, leadership and teamwork. The hardest and most enjoyable part of being in the Marine Infantry is the training that partakes daily. Whether it is shooting or working together as a team to accomplish a mission or just overall doing standard PT.
USMC
SERGEANT (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 1, 2015
Great place to work with great people. The USMC payed for my schooling to become an RN. I greatly appreciate all of the values I was taught as a Sgt in the USMC.
Very fun, and exciting. Full of great diverse people who take care of you, and your family.
Corporal (Current Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free medical, dental benefits. housing is provided by the united states marine corps.
On a normal work day, I would show up to work at around 0730, and ensure the security of the personnel that work in the facility i work in. I ensure security of the entire facility itself. I learned alot about demolitions, security, breaching, defensive positions, patrolling operations, searching procedures, and the list can go on. I directly supervised several different Marines junior to me to include others with the same rank that i currently posses. The people I work with look out for each other. We make sure that our families are well taken care of, and well informed. We all get along and care for each other. There are many hard parts to this job, personally i would not like to talk about. Most enjoyable is the comradery of my fellow Marines to the left and right of me.
Good
Various (Former Employee), VariousMarch 1, 2015
Being a Marine was awesome, I had a good time. It was fun. I wished I had stayed in longer. I don't want to write anymore but I have to.
Financial Analyst USMC
Military DTS Technician (Current Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: training, education, networking, pride
Motivated and experienced customer service representative. Resourceful research and troubleshooting skills ensuring customer issues are resolved in a timely manner. Utilized communication skills to interact with customers, explaining situations and answering questions. Established rapport with team members to boost morale and create positive working environments Protected access to personal, confidential information with Privacy Act compliance.

My Skills are:
•Auditing •Certified Military Travel Analyst
•Accounts Receivable/Payable •Joint Travel Regulations
•Defense Travel System •Secret Clearance•Internal Controls
•Organization Awareness
Best job ive ever had
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee), Palms, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free ammo and training
Cons: always away from family
Everything i have learned up to this point in my life i owe to the Marine Corps in some way shape or form. My Co-workers were some of the best ive ever had the pleasure working with.
Hard, enjoyable, rewarding work.
Ordnance Division, Aviation Ordnance Technician (Current Employee), Beaufort SCMarch 1, 2015
• Manage and ensure the readiness of up to 15 team members to meet the demands of the daily flight schedule and maintenance requirements
• Monitor numerous programs to maintain an above satisfactory on inspections
• Mentored entry level employees by supervising, training, development of goals, and career planning to build confidence to lead to a successful employee.
• Inspected work done for proper protocols of maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of armament equipment
• Ensure strict adherence to regulations for the safety of personnel and equipment
• Accountable for the “Safe for flight” and final review for more than 500 Marine Corps aircraft ensuring no harm could come to the pilot or aircraft
• Inspect and receive live ammunitions for serviceable use
• Perform a variety of duties such as inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, performing preventative maintenance and repairs to valuable aircraft systems to establish mission- ready equipment
• Reasonable for accountability, proper inventory, and expenditure reports for over a thousand pieces of ordnance at any time.
United States Marine Corps
Cyber Chief (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 1, 2015
The Marine Corps provides great training and experience with the opportunity to travel. Serving my country was an honor.

The most enjoyable part of my job was bringing a team of men together to accomplish the assigned mission.
Rewarding environment and disciplined military culture
Military Professional (Former Employee), NCFebruary 28, 2015
Military lifestyle, Long work hours, Many chances for advancement, far distance from home, experience working with people from around the United States.
Great organization
Supply Administration Manager (E-6) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: having to move every three to four years. with school-age kids, this may not be as enjoyable as it sounds.
The Marine Corps has given me the opportunity to develop personally and professionally. It gave me hands-on experience in team development with some of the most diverse teams ever imagined. Missions, are at times, very demanding depending on the units’ needs. Serving in such units consist of multiple projects with close deadlines which may limit your time with your family. The benefits are great, it’s nice NOT having to worry about dental or medical coverage for my family. Considering that we must enlist for three to four years at a time, job security is there for the duration of the contract. Management and culture are great. We develop close ties with those with work with; a true family feeling considering the nature of our mission.
Marine Corps
Motor Transportation Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCFebruary 28, 2015
I served for 22 years in the Best Branch of the Service,
I enjoyed everyone ,

It was a life that will not be forgotten..
................................................
"Semper Fi"
Active Duty Marine, Lithographer, Office Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2015
My time in the Marine Corps was life changing for sure. I grew into a self confident, tenacious fighter and leader. I would recommend becoming a Marine to anyone who would like to be a part of something much bigger than yourself.
Proud to serve my country.
Rank E5 Sergeant (Former Employee), Quantico, VaFebruary 28, 2015
The Marine Corps teaches great discipline and morals in life. I am proud to be able to serve my country and appreciate the opportunities that were presented to me.
Marine Corps
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), 3051 Warehouse Clerk/ Jacksonville,NC Camp LejeuneFebruary 28, 2015
On a typical week day I would go into work at about 0630am and get accountability of all the Marines in the shop. After that I would start my Job: which was a Warehouse Clerk. I would pick gear from several different locations in the warehouse so that I could pack it and send it off to the respecting unit that it belonged to. I worked in a Security Cage, which was working with gear over thousands of dollars worth. I also had to inventory gear and make sure the right amount of gear was there.
Working with an eclectic group of people who are results-driven; unparalled cameraderie
Family Readiness Officer (Current Employee), MCAS Cherry Point, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: homecomings, being welcomed as part of the team
Cons: on-call status 24/7
I work in an environment built on honor, courage and commitment. Working in a predominately male environment that is committed to the safety and well-being of the nation is sobering; seeing the Marines interact with each other with a common mission is very awe-inspiring. My responsibilities are to help them manage their personal and family lives more effectively. Family Readiness is a combat multiplier; meaning, if all fronts are not planned out and spot-on, to include their personal affairs, then the entire mission suffers. Having that responsibility is very challenging.

The hardest part of my job is watching them deploy; managing the fears of the unknown that their family members face is difficult, but I understand it, having been married to a Marine for 25 years. Having an understanding of how fearful the service member feels leaving their family is very difficult. Knowing that they trust me to help manage any crisis while they are away is humbling. Teaching and guiding the Marine and the family members by teaching them about finances, crisis response and balance is very rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5