U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,502 reviews matching the search
Great Experience
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 27, 2017
If you want to travel meet new and different people, then you should join the service. You will have a steady paycheck, place to live, food to eat, and a lot of down time to relax.
productive
Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 27, 2017
I really learned how to adapt and overcome. In the Marine Corps one learns how to adapt from situations or scenarios and overcome obstacles in a timely manner.
semper fi
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vienna, OHJuly 27, 2017
being a marine is a proud moment and a great experience. I recommend it to anyone seeking to improve their overall life skills. if you are competitive, this is the place for you
Challenging with some tough times and great times.
Air Crew (Former Employee) –  variousJuly 27, 2017
First. I would say it's not a longterm career for most. If you don't learn to enjoy the miserable you'll probably find something else to do once your enlistment is up. The people you work with are some of the best you'll meet or work with in your life. However your supervisor is sometimes only a supervisor beause he got promoted somehow, not because he's necesarilly a good fit for a real manager/supervisor role. So you'll likely work for some knuckle dragging mouth breathers that will be your boss until they transfer or you transfer somewhere else, but you may also work for some of the best and brightest. Thinking back it was about 30 percent knuckle dragger to 70 percent decent to good leadership.
It's the military. If you accept that and quit whining because your civilian life was better, do what you're told, stay out of trouble, step up and accept responsibilty instead of waiting for it, seek out what you need to do to get promoted and exercise the discipline to get it done you will do well.
Pros
Pay, benefits, T&a, job stability
Cons
Work life balance, working for mouth breathers, field life
Very good job
Aviation Ordnance System Technician (Current Employee) –  Northampton County, VAJuly 27, 2017
If you didn't know your job you better get good at it quick. I spent about a year inventorying Ordnance items with a routine and movement operations at scheduled times. Then I get moved to where we actually build up rockets and ammunition and drive it to its destination all including interesting hours. Then I spend some time in a "gun shop" where you clean and make weapons fully functioning. I’ve also worked in an office for about a year as the Commanding Officers right hand man. I've had great leaders, fast learning curves, stressful times, lack of necessities (sleep and food) and I would never want to choose another walk of life.
Pros
Insurance, Job Security
Cons
Stressfull
Supporting and productive enviroment
Tactical Switching Operator (Current Employee) –  MCAS Yuma, AZJuly 26, 2017
This organization helped me become a better citizen by teaching me leadership skills and giving me confidence to better any situation. We are fast and ready learners.
Marine Corps
Mortar Man and Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 26, 2017
The Marine Corps is a lot different when you are in the Infantry compared to any other job. Do not let some POG (Position other than grunt) tell you it was awesome, BECAUSE IT WASNT. Still proud as ever though. Semper Fi.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Challenging but Worthwhile if you want to serve your country and be part of an organization-like family.
Embarkation and Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 26, 2017
Depending on you job and group you become assigned to, you will have average to busy work hours that will become busier the closer your unit is to a form of operation.

I learned of the Marine Corps history, how my job can be transferred into a civilian job, and on the people around me.

Management is straightforward, with fellow military personnel you can ask for guidance on who to go to.

You work and, hang out, and in few cases live among many from different cultures and lifestyles, all of you confining to Marine Corps and making a bond that others can't take from you.

The hardest part of the job is separating work from home, from personal to professional depending on the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting to do things average citizens do not, going to different countries and seeing cultures average people do not or dream of visiting, and lastly joining an organization that allows you to be a part of our countries history.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Educational Benefits, Means for interesting experiences
Cons
Will leave family for months at a time, Distance from family ranges from short to far away
Always productive, a must
Sandblaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 26, 2017
I would reccomend this job and military facility to all us citizens seeking a job with the government, albany has top notch base, it very vatal in maintaning the war fighter.
Hard but rewarding.
Ground Radio Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 26, 2017
Aside from being treated like a child and being far from home, plus the overwhelming depression from everyone around, it was an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Loved it
Maintenance Controller/ Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 26, 2017
Nothing compares to EARNING the title of United States Marine. I served for 9+ yrs and loved every minute of it. If I have one regret in life, it was the day I decided to get out!!!
Pros
Cons
getting out
great place to work
Contractor Support Team Lead Duties (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VaJuly 26, 2017
Both Jacobs Technology and Kilderkin Group contractors to the USMC were excellent to work for. The culture was relaxed and dress was business casual. Great employers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
contract subject to expiration
it the marine corpos
Electrical Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 26, 2017
you get out of it what you put in it Its the Marine corps not he boy scouts. I did learn a lot about myself and how much I could handle I think that tought me a lot about self survival I hope they haven't become the soft corps that have your feelings in mind OOhRaah
Review summary
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 26, 2017
I could go all day talking about the marines! I was enlisted for 9 years and would not change a thing! if you get a chance, enlist! its the best thing you could possibly do!
Pros
Being a Marine
Cons
Hurry up and Wait
Usmc
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
The Marine Corps is something that when you sign up you are signing up for a lifetime of experiences. You will work for your achievements and you will come out feeling accomplished!
Pros
Be a Devil Dog
Cons
No mercy to your at home life
Productive and efficient in accomplishing the mission
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
During my time in the military, I've experienced a lot of different things and did a lot of different jobs. It's helped me broaden my horizon. It's helped me become the leader I am today.
Pros
Free health care, dental, free food
Cons
Short breaks, poor leadership
I could let my creative juices flow, great Management support
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
My first project with the Marine Corps was total renovation and build-out of a 168,000 square foot retail facility. I had amazing upper Management support and would recommend working for the Marine Corps to anyone.
Pros
Competative prices at the Exchange
Cons
No Air Conditioning in our Warehouse units
Dynamic fast - paced enviroment
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 25, 2017
I served 10 years in the Marine Corps. It's great place to develop critical leadership skills. Work hard play hard mentality. Tons of travel opportunities, in a culturally diverse work place.
Pros
Leadership, Travel, Work balance
Cons
Hazardous Duty
Not for Most
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  MCAS Cherry Point, NC and MCB Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 25, 2017
The Marine Corps is unique. There is no other organization like it. You can try to compare it to the other US Armed Services, but nothing comes close. It has been some of the best times and the worst times of my life. I love the Marine Corps and will miss it when I am done.

There is no such thing as a "typical day" in the Marine Corps. One day you could be at work at 0730 and leave at 1630. The next, you could be a plane headed for the middle of nowhere.

I learned countless skills. Most of which help deal with the high stress environments.
not for the weak
Technical Controller (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 25, 2017
Pain is weakness leaving the body, semper fidelis,always faithful,OORAH. The best things in life happen at 5am. Send me back to Afghanistan. blood makes the grass grow.