U.S. Marine Corps
6,874 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

my experience
basic electrician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: the pay
The United States Marine Corp. was by far the best decision I ever made. I learned so much while in the corp. I learned the true meaning of teamwork. I made lots of friends, There was hard times but got through them.
It was what it was
LAAD Gunner (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Got to shoot big guns and blow stuff up
Cons: Wreaks your body
It was hard work, I worked with some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to work with, and the managers were like any other job, some where good some were not. The hardest part of the job was just that I was always gone, either on deployment or training in the field. The most enjoyable part was that I was doing something that mattered.
Good Experience
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee), North CarolinaMay 22, 2015
Overall great thing to have experienced. I learned a lot about myself and the world around me. The trick is to stay steady and keep positive. The more rank you get the easier your life becomes.
Leadership skills
Administration Specialist Clerk (Former Employee), Camp LejueneMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free food and a place to live
Cons: Always working
At work I would work on anything that came across my desk or onto my shop floor for maintenance. I learned to work with people a variety of different people. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family for years. The best part of my job was helping people.
Wonderful
SERGEANT (Former Employee), Jacksonville, North CarolinaMay 22, 2015
Pros: Flying
Cons: Haircuts
Enlist in the Marine Corps and experience all it has to offer. It's a wonderful opportunity to learn a multitude of things one would otherwise never have the ability to. Also, medical benefits are unparalleled.
Great Work
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), NCMay 22, 2015
I loved working for the Marines. Pay was excellent and the job was a challenge i overcame with ease! I worked with great men and miss the job.
Develops Multi-facet Leadership
Officer-In-Charge Separations Deck (Current Employee), North CarolinaMay 22, 2015
At a young age, one is placed into advanced leadership roles that make major decisions. Give individuals the ability to think, decide, and act in the most austere environments.
GREAT!
Color Guard Instructor (Former Employee), Quantico, VAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Every Day was Something Different
Cons: Every Day was Something Different
Semper Fi! "Always Faithful. I enjoyed the opportunity to serve my country and fight for our freedom. The training and discipline has giving me the ability to achieve anything I put mind too.
Marine Corps
Payroll Correction Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 22, 2015
The military is a lifestyle, not a job. If you are not ready to change your life, I would not suggest enlisting. In my four years of being in the Marine Corps I have become a better person and a strong leader, but that was not without long days, constant management, and sacrificing my personal time.
Rewarding and patriotic
Combat Engineer/ MARSOC (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCMay 21, 2015
I have learned many great things in the marine corps including discipline and honor for my country and fellow man and woman. The Marine Corps is not for the faint at heart and is overall very challenging which I enjoyed because it will push you to bring out the best in you. The Marine Corps was one of the best things I have done in my life and has instilled in me many things that will contribute to my success in my future.
Life changing career with very rewarding benefits
Radio Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NC; Camp Pendleton, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, opportunities
Cons: Time away from family
The United States Marine Corps is, in my opinion, the best organization an individual in this country can be apart of. It is very challenging on a daily basis, whether you're in garrison or forward deployed. You meet outstanding people and build lifelong friendships that you can always depend on. The Marine Corps will transform any person into a very respectable and dependable man, or woman. I personally recommend anyone that is interested in becoming a member of the Armed Forces to highly consider this great organization.
Great way to begin your life.
Marine (Former Employee), OceansideMay 21, 2015
In the Marine Corps the opportunity to learn a multitude of life skills are available on a day to day basis for proper growth as an individual.
Very Productive and ability for advancement
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, ablitity to develop better as a person
Cons: Long work hours, difficult to balance work and personal life
The Marine Corps is a very formal place to work. The typical day lasts about 9-12 hours. I learned how to be a better leader by building up better skills in myself that I wasn't as strong in. The hardest part would be trying to balance personal life with work life as you tend to work long hours. I enjoyed operating all the heavy equipment and being in charge of embarking a whole unit to and from places around the world.
Great chance for advancement
Radio Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: 2 hour lunch (sometimes), sense of belonging
Cons: no set hours
Great chance for advancemernt, job security, a great feeling of doing something for others. It is more like a family than a work enviornment. Depending on what MOS you have, will decide how much paperwork you will do.
GREAT!
Information Security Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
best decision I ever made was to go on Active duty. However all good things must come to an end. Great way to gain experience.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), HawaiiMay 21, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Short breaks
A good place to work for someone willing to make the military a career. Provides a stable work environment with a lot of room for advancement.
a life building experience
Marine (Former Employee), Belton, MOMay 20, 2015
there are few things in life that someone can to do have a major impact. This is one of them, and it will forever change you.
Productive and very rewarding grat work environment.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 20, 2015
A normal day was managing, over seeing quality work ethics and environment. Hardest part of the job I would say is the deployments i went through. I enjoyed training and mentoring the younger marines under my charge and building them into the leaders the are born to be and help reach their full potential.
Accomplishment
Infantryman / Security (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 20, 2015
My greatest accomplishment in the Marine Corps was making it through Basic Training because it was the most intense and demanding thing I've ever experienced in my life and I made it.
enjoyable
Force Recon (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton,CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: was an horor to serve my country
Cons: decisions made from Commander in Chief
honor God, Country, and Corp