U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,478 reviews matching the search
Different
Tank Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton South, CAJuly 24, 2017
The military is a challenging but unique and interesting place to work. Very demanding and rewarding. Work with diverse people from all over. Definitely find the type of person you are
Pros
benifits
Cons
higher ups
Had fun chatting Marines in rifle and possibly range.
Armorer (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJuly 24, 2017
I am currently orbing a medical separation from the military due to knee and back issues. I have enjoyed being a Marine for the past seven and one half years.
Pros
Family time
Cons
Getting yelled at
This place was filled with high valued professionals.
Security (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2017
The United States marine corps is a good way too serve ones country. Through my experience I have traveled too many different countries and experinced working with high valued equipment.
Pros
Free lunches, Health care, Schooling certificate
Cons
Short breaks, Recreation time for family
outstanding
Infantry Lance Corporal, Team Leader, Graduate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
what better can you ask for honesty pride devotion loyalty teamwork semper fi .. great healthcare decent pay overall great way to live life id go back if i could
Best dang job in the Corps.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 24, 2017
When i learnt that i was going to be a Machinegunner, i was more ecstatic than when i got the word i was excepted into the United States Marine Corps. There is nothing like shooting a belt fed. If i could've kept my rank (E4) and kept my MOS for 20 years, I'd still be there.
Great Opprotunity!
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2017
The USMC isn't for everyone, but it's a family and a forever brotherhood. Gives you lessons to become and stronger individual and forever life changing skills.
Usmc
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2017
The United States Marine Corps, The best place for a strong individual. They train you to condition your mind, body, and soul. teach you how to defend yourself, with hand-to-hand combat, and Marksmanship.
Pros
Great place to go if you need to grow up
Cons
War
Highly Structure Work Place
Tactical Switching Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2017
High fast pace, required employee to catch up with everyone in the workshop. You will learn how to lead other and to take the initiative to complete task in and out the workshop.
the corps
Artillery Cannon Crewman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2017
The Marine Corps is a melting pot for all walks of life and you can have a real good chance to travel the world and meet great people. Job description is key so have a good plan before you join on what exactly that you are trying to do in the military.
it was a blast would do it again but time to move on with life
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2017
physical training in the morning and then we train in tactics and close quarter combat thru out the day. then repeat then we went to japan Okinawa Korea Philippians
A great place to start
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 23, 2017
A typical work ay depended on the training schedule, Sometimes you would begin with field training at camp in the field which would last from 3 days to a month in live fire, cold weather training or amphibious exercise. Other times you may find yourself deployed to Caribbean or Mediterranean sea duty which consistently lasts 6 months at a time.
I learned a lot in the manners of discipline and life solving techniques that were above and beyond anything i could have learned on my own. You truly discover how far you can push yourself and survive.
Management was tough, they do not take "no sir" for an answer. They say jump you say how high. I would very much recommend this for some of the youth today.
Workplace culture was discipline, readiness, and duty. I spent a good potion of my time as a machine gun squad leader and we were all real close and when something happened to you, it happened to all of us. Truly a no one left behind mentality.
The hardest part of the job is Duty was always 24/7 and it left no time for an outside family. I watched many families torn apart, including my own.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the brotherhood and life experiences I was able to partake in. It was all second to none.
Pros
See the world for free, sense of pride being part of the few, the proud
Cons
very stressful, loneliness, no sense of privacy
Great people,
NON-COMMISIONED OFFICER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 23, 2017
Every Unit is different, but my experience with the Marine Corps was that made up of so many great people, bogged down by set ideologies and upper-management who teach people to do things purely because, "that's the way it has always been done."
Pros
Great benefits, intrinsic value
Military
Legal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 23, 2017
Amazing place to work. with many like minded people here there is no limit on friends. train hard and work hard, and you also play hard. education benefits are awesome
Great
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 23, 2017
I worked with great people that helped me become a better leader. I was able to learn valuable life skills that benefited me inside and outside of the United States Marine Corps.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
long work hours
Fast paced, and different with every unit:
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 23, 2017
Depends on your MOS (job), and the unit you are stationed with. It is a lot of fun when you are not sitting behind a desk. You get the most out of the Marine Corps when you are out in the field training, conducting exercises, deployed, or taking part in the many programs that the Marine Corps doesn't strongly advertise.
not bad
Publications supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2017
Pretty fun, horrible leadership at times. About 15% of people were good to work with. everything should have been netter prepared, but the chaos trains you to be ready for the scheduel to be changed.
Pros
benefits, brotherhood, lodging.
Cons
bad bosses, slaved for $5 an hour since we have no freedom.
Earned never given
UAV Operator / Career Planner (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 22, 2017
It is the United States Marine Corps. The best job in the world! It has so much history and it is bigger than any one man or woman. You don't join the Marine Corps, you become a part of the Marine Corps.
Pros
Best job ever
Marine Corps Exchange = A+
Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 22, 2017
Working here at marine corps exchange was great, the staff makes you feel like a part of one big family. I absolutely loved it, they were great even in the mayhem of remodeling.
Pros
Family-like
Serving my Country
Assistant Controller, MCCS HQ Controller Group (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 22, 2017
The part of my job I enjoy the most is serving those who serve, and their families. My position requires me to work closely with Program Managers, Deputy Directors, and funding supporting the Programs.
Absolutely amazing
Communications/ Personal Computer Repairman (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 22, 2017
Amazing opportunity with a strong and loyal work force that becomes your family. Pay is decent, but is more than compensated for by the best benefits. Housing, medical, food, and much more. Every man and women should make this their first job after graduating high school. Needs of the Corps comes first, which can be difficult for civilians in the family to adjust to.