U.S. Marine Corps
5,084 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
Decent pay, excellent benefits, valuable job training you can use to your advantage
Great route to develop skills for success
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 18, 2014
The Marine Corps will teach you discipline, initiative, tact, and great work ethic.
Professional and Discipline
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
I learned a lot about how our government works and politics. I also made some of my best friends here. I got to travel around the world and do my part for my country.
Military workplace
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia, California, and OhioAugust 18, 2014
The majority of the workplaces while serving in the Marine Corps were warehouse/inventory clerical assignments.
very productive , high stress enviroment, fast paced
Marine Sergeant/ E-5 (Former Employee), camp pendleton, caAugust 18, 2014
Pros: most weekends off, healthcare, dental, insurance
Cons: long hours, over worked under compensated, deployments
even though time away from family while deployed was a downside i loved every experience i had while i was in the Marine Corps.
Loved it only because I Love America
Mechanic/Working Supervisor (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 18, 2014
There is no typical day in the Corps. Learned how to teach and supervise all while working myself, leadership and how to met strict deadlines. Met some life long Brothers while I was in.
Military
F/A-18 Hornet Electrical Systems Technician (Former Employee), San Diego Ca MCAS MiramarAugust 17, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits, deployments, motivated people
Cons: balance of personal life and military life
Every ones experience is different in the military. I loved traveling and working with other units and branches of the military. The training I received was always top notch. The hardest part of the job was being able to balance personal life with military life. The work was rewarding and knowing you were apart of something bigger felt great.
Great career starter. I think after high school everyone should have the opportunity to join the military.
Corporal (Former Employee), Paris Island, S.C.August 17, 2014
Pros: traveling the world. meeting great people.
Cons: the pay was not that good at the time. and being sipped off to war.
I enjoyed my four year tenure in the miltary. It taught me reponsibilty, dicipline etc. I sometimes wish that I would have retired from the military. But just like any other job the military had its ups and downs. You get a chance to bond with a lot of great people in the military, I would not trade that experience for anything in the world!
Place to learn great leadership skills
Supply Chief (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 17, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: hardware and equipment outdated
Great place to learn to follow and develop leadership skills, job security is great, ample opportunities to continue off-duty education and complete the desired degree at no cost. Great way to keep in shape, believe in yourself and push yourself outside your comfort zone.
Met many new people and learned alot about my job
F/A-18 Power Line Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego,CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: working with different people, benefits, job security
Cons: very fast paced, not much family time, really long hours/days
There were many long days and worked a lot of weekends but the people I worked with made the job really exciting. Learned a lot about the F/A-18 fighter jet engine. A lot of the learning was expected to be done quickly so you would be more of an asset for the people you work with/for. I preformed several inspections on the aircraft making sure they – more... were safe for flight and fueled and defueled them when needed. – less
training and preperation
Radio Supervisor, Sergeant (Current Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: expirence in leadership and management
Cons: long hours and time spent traveling
with the day beginning by 5:30 am to work out for an hour then its time to work, which consists of a 14-16 hour work week. as a non commissioned officer i was a manager or over 20 people at anytime, which meant i had to mentor and lead young men and women in everyday tasks and in life.
Hard working Individuals
Corporal (Former Employee), TwentyNine Palms, CAAugust 15, 2014
A typical day working with the Marine Corps out in Twentynine Palms, Ca can be hard at times but if it was to easy then everyone would be able to do it. Working my way up through the ranks and given the responsiblility i was given made me realize that you don't start at the top you'll always have to work your way up. I've learned alot about managment – more... and responsibilities and i'm glad i went through what i went through. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in afghanistan. Always running around getting work done you would always learn new things every day and it was a great learning expierence. – less
The Best EVER
Aviation Communication Technician (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: pay
I was an avionics technician and repaired C-130 radios. Advancement is amazing as long as you follow the rules. Pay is the only downside but you can take advantage of many other perks and be wise with your money and everything will be alright. Job will keep you fit and in shape. Plenty of time off.
Respected company with disciplined workers
Sergeant, IMRL Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: away from family and friends, restrictions on my life.
Early starts to everyday, usually up before the sun rises to do physical training. The typical work day was about nine hours, but the day was technically not over until the mission was accomplished. The company's usual work day revolved around handling your responsibilities required by the job title you held and the section you were attached to. I learned – more... a lot about punctuality and how important time is. I also learned management skills, but not only are you responsible for yourself, but your peers and subordinates as well. The management was strict and disciplined and required that all workers be discplined. The hardest part was being away from my family, being that I was usually out of my home state. The most enjoyable part was traveling the world and experiencing different cultures. – less
Very professional
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), MCBH HIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: deploying a lot
I also have great communication skills with management and peers. I will be a great asset to your security team because I perform at a higher caliber than the norm. With knowledge of your expectations I can carry on without your personal supervision. I am always open to change and new adaptations and always seek to improve myself and team members.
Honor, Courage, Commitment
Sergeant/ Martial Arts Instructor (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: job stability, management opportunities, medical and dental
Cons: harsh working conditions, possible bodily endangerment
- Wake up early for daily physical activity.
- Return to work by 7:00 am to find out from management what needs to be accomplished that day.
- Perform daily tasks, accomplish morning assignments.
- Ensure all personnel are being productive and their needs taken care of.
- Ensure all personnel are accountable for their assigned tasks and where they are – more... at any given time of day.
- Management generally looks out for the well-being of subordinates.
- Personnel in "leadership" roles constantly groom subordinates to one day be leaders.
- Co-workers generally come from all walks of life and develop a sense of Comraderie .
- The hardest part of the job was the time spent away from family and friends on deployment.
- Another tough aspect was the initial difficulty in adapting to the culture.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the life-long friendships that are built.
- Knowing that you are an integral part in ensuring the freedoms enjoyed at home can be a great feeling as well. – less
U.S Marine Corps
Personnel Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2014
If you want to be a part of the worlds greatest military branch then the Marine Corps is for you. Only if you have what it takes to make it thru boot camp.
Great
Sergeant/E-5 (Former Employee), San FranciscoAugust 14, 2014
Pros: worldwide travel
Cons: war
The best team I was ever apart of. I love the US Marine Corps. I got to see many new cultures and learn from them which in turn made me a better person.
Pay
Corporal (Former Employee), HawaiiAugust 13, 2014
Pay should me little more. it was good experience. I had some good times and some bad times. Love the traveling and meeting new people. Met some great people during my career
Team Work
Field Radio Operator/Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms/Camp PendletonAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the best way to start adulthood
Cons: pay
Taught me how to be a responsible individual.
The best way to learn Leadership and taking control of an environment on the fly.

1 2 3 4 5