U.S. Marine Corps
6,686 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps United States Employee Reviews

Productive, great pay, great team players
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), El Toro, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: got to meet many different people from all over the USA
Cons: Had people who were like brothers and sister leave for different reasons.
The training was extensive and hard, but well worth the effort and end result. Great administrative training, physical training. Prepared me for life.
Loved defending my country,people from all walks of life
Lance Corporal (Former Employee), Many,29 Palms Ca.,Okinawa,Japan,April 25, 2015
Pros: New adventures being a young man such as i was
Cons: Being away form home and running 3 to 5 miles in the morning
Carrying troops and supplys
Learned to handle situations,whatever it takes
Always got along well with other people and superiors
Hardest part was being away from friends and family
Most enjoyable was being on my own and the pride of being a Marine
Productive member of the workforce
WEBMASTER (Former Employee), rochester nyApril 25, 2015
I learned that no matter what job you have had, your work ethic will follow you where ever you may go. This was a wonderful company to work for.
Extraordinary learning experience.
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 25, 2015
The United States Marine Corps has taught me exceptional leadership skills and has strengthened several of my abilities. I enjoyed leading Marines as well as being mentored by the senior Marines appointed above me. I enjoyed the challenges and obstacles which were brought upon me, as they have helped me developed as a well rounded individual and employee for future careers.
productive life
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton CaApril 24, 2015
Pros: being a Marine
Cons: long hours
Being a United States Marine was one of the high light of my life. I traveled to foreign countries and learned their cultures.
USMC
LANDING SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Its the Marine Corps. Whats not to love! Gerat place to work at with great people. I loved every moment of it. It's the military so you have to be ready to work. It has made me the man I am today.
Thank you Marine Corps for allowing me to serve.
Facility Security Officer (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 24, 2015
The Marine Corps has been great to my family and myself for the last 20 yrs. My typical day is to support the Marine Corps from 0730 to 1630.
The best branch
Surveyor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2015
work with the aircraft pilots .kept all pilots flight data .responsible for getting parts for any repairs needed for the aircrafts. work with the helicopters
Band of Brothers (and Sisters!)
Corporal of Marines, Fiscal Chief (Former Employee), MCAS New River, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job Sercurity, Government Benefits
It's not a job, it's a lifestyle! I am happy to support my Brothers- and Sisters-In-Arms. It is what you make of it, positive and negative.
I work for the USMC
Cyber Network Specialist (Current Employee), indian head MDApril 24, 2015
I would say that my job is complicated and requires a lot of hard work and dedicatoin. I am used to working upwards of 60 hours a week
Stressful
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), MCAS New River, Jacksonville, NC 28540April 24, 2015
Being in the Marine Corps is not for the faint of heart. If you're not sure, don't join. It is however an amazing experience. I got to see places I never thought I would.
Long Days to get the job done
Assistant Telecommunications Chief (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 23, 2015
As the communications section of an infantry battalion we have a lot of work to do. We make sure that all radio and telecommunications assets are always at their 100%. We maintain and conduct preventive maintenance on all the equipment we have. We get the this done as well as maintain all of our records for the yearly inspections that we have.
The Marine Corp has given me something to live by everyday HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT
Corporal of Marines, Motor T (Former Employee), Camp LejueneApril 23, 2015
Pros: Changed my whole perspective on Life, Learned job traits and job had job experiences i can use for the rest of my life
Cons: Always away from family, Always on the move
The Marine Corp taught me the meaning of discipline, and the importance discipline has in a job setting. The Marines showed me how a proper chain of command is suppose to work, and how orders are suppose to be executed. While in the Marine Corps I learned how to take charge, not only take charge take in the most difficult or stressful situations, while maintaining calm and always completing the task at hand. I served 2 tours in Afghanistan while in the Marine Corps so my time was mostly split between Garrison, and in Afghanistan. A typical day in Garrison or at Camp Lejuene, NC would start with me conducting a 45 min PT session with my platoon which usually consisted of anywhere between 15-25 Marines. After PT session I would report to the Motor Pool , and check for any orders or routes that would need to be executed for the day. After breaking my platoon from formation I would help conduct company manifest , and check the morning PMCs executed by my junior marines. The day would consist of whatever orders where passed down. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in a position where I knew I was making a difference. Everyday I would learn knew things, and pass on knowledge. The hardest part of my job was having to leave my family and friends for months at a time.
Hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
Corporal/Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCApril 23, 2015
Pros: Got the visit Afghanistan.
Cons: If one person screws up, everyone screws up.
It led to a lot of the beliefs I have about health care, holistic care, and overall health. I herniated a disc in my spine in Afghanistan. The care that I got was sub par while in the military but once I got out, I had all the freedom to get help where I wanted and when I wanted. I've been seeing a chiropractor who inspired me to switch from a physical therapy degree to a chiropractic degree. I've been fortunate to still be able to walk and run after my injury and I owe to the innate intelligence the human body has to heal itself if you treat it correctly.
Good and rewarding workplace
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Being away from family
Hardest part of job is being away from family. Most enjoyable part was working with others. I learned a lot of stuff, you learn your job through repetition. Learned to save someone's life, to defending those you work for. Learned to detain someone to weapons proficiency. There wasn't a typical day at work, the day depended on the need. Managment was direct, co-workers were determined.
oorah
Tactical Data Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Yuma AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: they took compleat care of everything.
Cons: PT
Get up PT go to work go home sleep get up PT. some of the management were power hungry pricks and some were fair and others actually cared.
Ooh Raa - great place to get life long experience
Staff Sergeant - ATC Electronics Tech (Former Employee), PI, Camp Pendelton, Tustin, Iwakuna, & BeaufortApril 22, 2015
Honorable Discharge, E-6 Staff Sergeant

Recruiter, Enlisted young men into the service of the Marine Corps.

Electronics Technician, tasks included maintaining, troubleshooting, and repair of communication, navigation, and radar equipment for Air Traffic Control Facilities.
the marines
Rifleman (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 22, 2015
when i worked for the marines you would wake up work out have a formation, do some classes or go out for some training and then you would do it all over again. Sometimes you would go out for 3 weeks for training sometimes you'd go out for 2 months. the training was always good you always learned something new in the field that could help you when your over seas.
Structured and Disciplined
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Okinawa,JP- Camp Lejuene, NC- Colts Neck , NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: Extended hours
I enjoyed working for such a prideful organization. 12-16 work days, team work, advance training always available. Leadership training, administrative guidance. Mentorship present.
There is no other job like it in the world.
E-2 Lance Corpral (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, Ca.April 22, 2015
Pros: Travelling
Firing m-16s, 60,50 caliber machine guns, and 105mm howitzers. I learned about the different types of ammo and about being a leader.I trusted management with my life. My co-workers from the east coast were great.Even though setting up the howitzers was very hard work getting to fire them made it all worth while.

1 2 3 4 5