U.S. Marine Corps
5,984 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Great Experience, life changing
Squad Leader - Camp Lejuene, NC (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: sense of duty and meaning
Cons: dangers
Life time experience
have to experience it first hand
not for anyone
This is a way of life
S-3 Training Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare, dental, job stability, and professionalism (for the most part)
Cons: long work hours, early mornings, tough workouts, strict regulations
Experiences vary based on mos and personnel. As for my job a typical day would be to get your physical training squared away in the morning, work in an office or in field training, eat lunch aka chow, work some more, train some more then go home aka the barracks. As far as management goes I believe I was fortunate to have had superiors who were professional as well as hands on as far as helping marines. As far as co-workers go I'm glad I got to meet people from different walks of life, I met marines and sailors from New York, New Jersey, Kansas, Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Alaska, and many other places. One thing I learned is that we are all similar in some way no matter where you're from. I think the hardest part of this job is how strict everything is and how early you have to wake up, that and physical training (I still have scars lol). I think the most enjoyable part of this job is stability.
Productive and rewarding
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 25, 2015
This was the most rewarding job that I have taken as it has given me a wide range of everything to learn. I was able to not only learn what I find to be the most important thing being teamwork but it has given me the ability to overcome any obstacle; with this being said I have taken many jobs through all of moves across the country being to take on anything that stood in my way from electrical work to the financial industry. The most difficult part of this were the deployments that I have been on being away from friends and family needing to adapt to a foreign country in a split second. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet new people knowing that from this I would take away life experiences that would get me ready for anything in my way.
Marine Corps
m.p and truckdriver (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I love serving my country and i done it for 20 yrs and it was 5 stars from me
Great benefits, great comraderie, good place to aquire skills for the long haul
Mechanic, Imagery Analyst, Recruiter (Former Employee), Marine CorpsJanuary 24, 2015
I have enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps, with recent changes, it is becoming very competitive again to continue service. The competition does make for a better establishment overall, and that is a plus considering what it is and what is involved.
Professional
Aviation Electrician Tech (Former Employee), oceansideJanuary 24, 2015
 Used hand tools, power tools, set up and operated ground support as well as test equipment.
 Installed, adjusted, tested, modified, repaired, and also maintained electronic parts
 Counseled junior Marines, supervised work their work, made sure safety precautions were being met
brotherhood like no other
Rifleman/Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: travel, job security
Cons: salary, leadership
A lot of people wonder what happens in the daily life of an infantry marine...unfortunately theres too much to tell. however in person i can answer all the questions you have in regards to being an active duty member of americas elite fighting force.
N/a
Rifleman Lcpl/E-3 (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2015
N/a typical day at work great leadership learning new skills daily new experiences and challenges
It's patriotic occupation
Sgt. (Former Employee), Camp Lejuene, NCJanuary 23, 2015
The occupation varies based on your selected division. In overall the the environmental mood is dictated based upon it's location and staff. From my experience I would have to say it has it's ups and downs. Though benefits like education is a big gain.
Developed my leadership
Marine (Former Employee), HAwaiiJanuary 23, 2015
Great experience for any young person. You men and women learn about leadership in the Marine Corps. A typical day was training and readiness for deployment. Getting through boot camp was a challenge, but rewarding when finished. The best part was serving my country.
Loyal family-like work enviroment
Training Manager (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great bennefits
Cons: frequently relocate
My time as a Training Manager in the Marine Corps has taught me what it means to lead and manage personnel vice simply filling a position and giving orders. Leading from the front and by example is a must in order to get subordinates moving in a forward productive direction.
Typically I field phone calls and emails, plan training events and classes, mentor subordinates, interact with sections within the organization to maximize personnel and resources, coordinate progress and future direction via staff meetings, and relay updates to higher level management.
This position has been very fulfilling by giving me the opportunity to interact with many different facets of the Marine Corps.
OOH-RAH
Military Policeman (Former Employee), US and ForeignJanuary 23, 2015
Great job and life for the single man! Be prepared to deploy and miss a lot of holidays. It'll be the best of times, it'll be the worst of times. You'll meet people from all walks of life and make friends that will last a lifetime. Suck it up Buttercup!
Great!, if you don't like to be home.
1833 AAV (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: meet good people.
Cons: no work life balance
-Travel and Adventure.
-Spend a lot of time out doors.
-Have someone explaining what you did wrong.
-Get your own room.
-Get to play lots of games.
ORAH!
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Okinawa Japan, Jacksonville NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free medical/dental/housing/food
Cons: you could go to war and die. also bootcamp sucks.
I loved the United States Marine Corps. I feel that it opened me up to what is to be a gentleman and a war fighter. I worked in logistics for my whole time in the military. I did warehousing and I learned how to shoot an M16A2 service rifle. I also shot a machine gun grenade launcher.
Very no-nonsense approach to work environment.
Corporal (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: creates a great building block upon which can lead to success in every avenue of life.
Cons: very demanding environment in general.
A typical day at work involves never ending training and mentoring of subordinates in job related skills, conduct and discipline.
work enviorment
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Providence Rhode IslandJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long work hours
Responsible for operating vehicles such as trucks, buses, ambulances, tractors, and wreckers. Delivers and transports supplies, records, and materials. Some days can be long some very short , all depends on the speed of how fast we work. Most work is done out doors. the hardest part of the job is having to work with the weather and your always working against time. besides that being an operator is a great job in the corps .
High demading but beneficial working environment
Career Planner's Assistant (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: team work, educative experience, benefits, secure job
Cons: lack of privacy
Working in the Marine Corps always has its ups and downs, but I have developed a strong sense of leadership and responsibility. The lack of privacy can be deterring to many however, the benefits of doing 5 years of honorable service is worth it. Since there are a variety of people from all walks of life enlisting into the military, I have gain a very broad perspective. Some experiences were amazing whereas others were less than memorable. The most difficult part of working in the Marines is the high standards that they hold us in regards to our weekly haircuts, uniforms, and working in a less than desirable time limit at some moments. The best aspect however, is the experiences, good or bad, that you can share with the ones you work with and laugh about it. I will never regret working for the United States Marines.
Decent benefits but multiple deployments and the fact that they don't care about you tells me that it was the typical government job.
Artillery Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2015
Wake up in the morning, be to P.T. by 5. Do your MOS related job until you go home.
A Way of Life
Manager of Training & Safety (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free healthcare, dental, housing
Cons: blue falcons, childish junior marines, working parties, field day, mandatory briefs, meetings, events
It is what you make it. If you apply yourself you will advance quickly through the ranks. Depending upon your career choices, air wing or ground, you will have different experiences, so it is up to you of what you make it.
Warehouse Clerk
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, North CarolinaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: hard work
• Performed various duties which included receiving, inspecting, locating, storing, rotating, safekeeping, issuing, preparing, shipping and material return, also responsible for the disposal of supplies and equipment as relates to ground supply operations
• Maintained hand held optical character recognition scanners, devices, and multimedia retrieval systems also licensed to operate MHE (forklifts, tractors, etc.) and handled bulk and small parts to include aviation parts and conveyer systems
• Maintained personal computer and mainframe locator systems, conduct inventories, maintain records of sub custody principal end items, monitor shelf life items through CD ROM and the mainframe support systems, also inputted data entry transactions and retrieved historical records
• Complied with fire and safety regulations; use protective measures for items in storage, including open storage lots and hazardous materials storage areas; establish field supply support areas
• Used detailed technical data from the Federal Logistics System in the care and storage program. Developed storage space requirements; and stored materiel per weight, cube, and clearance factors by categories of supply

1 2 3 4 5