U.S. Marine Corps
5,770 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 19, 2014
I would definitely recommend the Marine Corps to anyone in search of job security and advancement as well as a tight knit group of individuals to share their days with. The camaraderie is like no other.

Please see your nearest recruiting office for more information on placement, job availability and to find out whether or not the Marines Corps is the – more... place for you. – less
The lifestyle is challenging
Data Systems Technician (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 19, 2014
It's a place that you love and that grows on you. There is a variety of challenges that are presented to you on a daily basis. They allow you to find the person that you are destined to be and to improve upon that person.
Excellent means for bettering yourself and earning money for future education
UAV Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: learned lifetime skills
Cons: work long periods of time, many months away from family and loved ones
What I enjoyed most was training Marines under my charge how to perform proper and safe maintenance procedures in accordance with Naval Aviation standards and setting them up for future success.
Logistics of Ammunition
Ammunition Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: defending my country
Cons: combat deployments
I personally transported, stored, kept record, issued and took charge of all ammunition for 1st Battalion 9th Marines. If Marines needed ammo for training I would order the ammo, pick it up, sign all documents and deliver it to the range where Marines would train for combat. During wartime deployments I supported Infantry with all ammunition needs from – more... signal flares to shoulder fired rockets and heavy artillery. I learned to work with others and complete missions in a timely and effective manner. I learned to help those who were struggling with the job and to build them up and motivate Marines to get the job done. – less
Best Experience of my life.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), EverywhereDecember 19, 2014
This gave me the ability to manage time, be apart of something bigger than myself and gain real life experience. Would not trade my time there for anything in the world.
Your boss speaks loud enough to be heard
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
The Marine Corps is a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. You get what you give. They tell you that you will travel the world. You get to ride a plane to the middle east. The co-worker are a lot of fun.
Productive Learning Experience
Sergeant Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 18, 2014
Part of the Marine Corps will never leave my heart, the Marine Corps is a organization that installed may great qualities into myself. I will bring these successful qualities I have honed and sharpened over the last seven years to my next work place in life
USMC
E-5/SGT (Former Employee), USADecember 18, 2014
Pros: usmc
SGT USMC worked for the government as a soldier and did what was expected or ask of me during my time in the US Military
life choice
Corporal (Former Employee), Camp PendletonDecember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not recognized as work experience
Not recognized by most civilian jobs as job experience, or management experience.
Hands on training and working with great people
Welder (Current Employee), 29 Palms, CADecember 18, 2014
My work speaks for itself. I have worked for a fast food restraunt for 1 year and a telemarketing company for a year also. I have spent five years working for the United States Marine Corps for five years and one tour to Afghanistan.
Overall Summary
Rank of Lance Corporal (Former Employee), Yorktown, VADecember 17, 2014
Great experience, always enjoyed going to work. Great for networking and making great friends and coworkers
Great Career Choice with vast opportunities for professional and personal growth
Marine Corps Recruiter (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2014
Greatest opportunity to serve my country with the most elite Military Branch in the world. This organization has taught me so many skills that has developed me into the professional that every company hopes to have on its team. I am proud to have served my country with the Marine Corps.
Exhausting yet enriching experience
Ammunition Quality Assurance Safety Officer (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: camaraderie, benefits, security
Cons: long days, dirty work, away from loved ones
The Marine Corps is about long days that turn into nights, being exhausted and working in a highly intense environment. There is no room for error, but great opportunities for advancement and overall education.
Great location to start a career or to use as a stepping stone.
Administrative Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 16, 2014
The U.S. Marine Corps will train you in any number of fields that you are qualified for and will provide you with the ability to advance.
Productive Workplace
Administration Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, fit lifestyle, travel
Cons: time away from home
A typical day has early mornings and late evenings to ensure the mission is complete, but is fulfilled with the brightest and the best to work with. The hardest part of the job is time spent away from home and family. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie amongst the Marines. Management is most effective as one simply carries out the – more... orders. Teamwork and leadership are traits that you learn, develop, and later pass on to others. – less
I can't say enough about what the Corps does for its Marines.
Hot Zone Coordinator (Former Employee), Indian Head, MarylandDecember 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, educational retirement benefits
Cons: harsh working conditions.
There is no typical work day as every day within the Marine Corps in different. I can say however you train and train and train on every negative scenario one can possible think of so when disaster happens you are ready. What I learned most is how to treat people. I learned out to prioritize and I also learned how mission planning is one of the most – more... important parts of every mission or task at hand. My coworkers were phenomenal and irreplaceable they're no coworkers like marine coworkers as they work hard and are very disciplined and will work to no end with proper motivation.
The most enjoyable parts of the job were having time off and bonding with workers over a vacation period or weekend. The hardest part about being a marine is being deployed and away from family regardless of environment and job duties. – less
Military
Reviewer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: lots of friends, good work environment
Cons: very early days, sometimes late days
Very busy office in the Marine Corps, processing thousands of claims per week for the entire western seaboard. Met some wonderful people along the way. A typical day started at 8 a.m when we would come in. I would check how much work is currently out with the clerks, and how much needs to be reviewed or assigned. Clerks would complete first drop of – more... claims before lunch break at 11:30, and myself and other reviewers would check work and forward it to certifying officials. Second drop of claims would be assigned after lunch, along with anything that comes in. Work would be finished between 3:30-4:00 p.m. The hardest part of the job was the attention to detail it takes to accurately pay claims, but it was also the most enjoyable aspect as well. – less
Experience of a Lifetime
Corporal (Former Employee), Havelock, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: work and life experience, skills development, a great culture developing teamwork
Cons: does not have conventional hours
A typical day in the Marine Corps is hard to describe due to the ever changing environment I was in Depending if i was deployed or back in the states a day deployed consisted of maintaining communications equipment consisting of fiber optics connections, phone systems and physical network connections. Should a problem in the network be found my job – more... was to assure that services be attended to and properly fixed. A normal day in the Marine Corps would consist of maintaining operational readiness of equipment. Duties throughout the Marine Corps included maintaining work areas and offices by completing custodial needs. – less
Time of my life with no regets.
Drill Instructor (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: helped changed my life around
Thought me great time management. Developed a strong work ethic and very goal oriented. Accountable and ambitious, able to remain focused and productive in challenging situations.
Food Service Supervisor
Food Service Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Assigned as a supervisor, I enforced the safety, proper sanitation, and handling of food products to all my team members. I managed the rotation of my team members, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and assigning them to the position best suitable to complete the task at hand.

1 2 3 4 5