U.S. Marine Corps
5,140 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 28, 2014
Challenging and strict work environment with strong emphasis on leadership and discipline.
Exciting and challenging
Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCAugust 28, 2014
Every day is a challenge, but it is what you make of it. I learned a lot from the Marines being a generator mechanic and it helped me get a good start in a career in the civilian world.
Serving your country
SNCO (Former Employee), EverywhereAugust 28, 2014
Pros: stedy pay and healthcare.
Cons: time away fromfamily
It isn't meant for everyone but those you do join will always have the self pride of being a Marine.
What an Experience
Electronics Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare, paid vacation, travel
Cons: time away from family
With them I have been all over the world, done things I never thought I would and have held more responsibility then any of my friends from high school! There's no way to recap the last 10 years in a single review, if your interested just ask!
productive, busy, repetitve but still fun workplace
Corporal (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fun outings, nice traveling, great people, holidays off
Cons: very long hours deployments to very hot climates in the high 110- 120 degrees
Every day but Saturday and Sunday i go in a 545 and receive over 500,000 pieces of gear in which i sort store and send, i also receive phone calls from various civilians about gear needing to be shipped at certain times. I learned a lot about professionalism dependability and customer satisfaction while in the marines. Management came and went they – more... each had their own style of leading and sometimes it was good sometimes bad. my coworkers were diligent and hardworking but still knew how to have a little fun every now and then. the hardest part of my job was when a big shipment came in to go overseas and we as troops had to have it finished, that usually had us staying until 2 or 3 in the morning just to be back at 545. The most enjoyable part of that job was the traveling I've been to 5 different countries and several different states. – less
experience of a lifetime
Aircraft ordnance technician (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCAugust 28, 2014
The Marine Corps. instills values and traits you can't get anywhere else
Love this job
Air Support Operations Operator (Current Employee), californiaAugust 27, 2014
Everything is perfect as far as this job goes. management was great.
Amazing experience
Lance Corporal (Former Employee), Pendelton, CAAugust 27, 2014
Given the opportunity to live in Japan for a year and experienced many life changing experiences.
Great branch to be a part of!
Supervisory Telecommunication (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed my time in the military. The Marine corps becomes your family away from home. The life and work skills I learned here feel endless when I look back. I am thankful to have served in such a wonderful branch of the United States finest men and women.
productive work place
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 2 hours of lunch with access to state of the art gym
My workday would start at 06:30am and end around 7:00pm depending on the day. In my 9 years I have learned the different systems that the Marine Corps utilizes to coordinate travel, pay and check Marines, and also order writing systems.
Artillery Mechanic
Assistant Artillery Floor Chief (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: financial security
Fix Cannons like the M777A2 and the M198 howitzers.
order, re order parts for future use
Supervise service tickets were filled out properly
consolidate the daily report with the boss
instruct and preform preventative maintenance.
Physically demanding, traveling, and experience.
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: full dental and medical, housing, and benefits.
Cons: leadership, distance from family, over-worked, and little vaction time.
Through out my Marine Corp career:
-I was a supervisor, mentor, and counselor for several Marines under my charge.
-Everyday at work except weekends, involved morning physical training, normal 8-4 working hours. At work we usually went to training courses for our job in telecommunications, inspected gear, tested gear, training for deploying, and cleaned – more... before the end of the day.
-The hardest thing about this job was being so distant from family especially when deployed for 8 months or having little vacation time.
-At work I typically worked with about 25 Marines, all who where adaptive team players, hard workers, and friendly.
-The best part about the Marines, was all the opportunities we were offered to excel in our career, traveling the world, full health coverage, and school benefits. – less
Miss the people not the leadership
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: security and gi bill
Cons: leadership on a power trip
Long hours but great benefits in the end you meet a lot of great people and see a lot of places no other place have I met the friends I have.
Great place to work and room for advancement
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 25, 2014
Have a morning brief with coworkers to ensure we are on the right track to accomplish different tasks not just for that day but the overall month. Work as a team to ensure no one falls behind and everyone is getting the training they need to be successful.
Food sucks, life sucks, pay sucks, do it for the Experience then leave it behind you forever
Marine Recruit (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: everything else
The funnest part in the Marines is realizing that after 6 months away from home you only made enough money for a flight home and a bag of skittles.
Very versatile and the job includes a lot more than just your job
Corporal (Former Employee), MCAS Miramar, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, promotions
Cons: can interrupt free time
I have learned and grown so much. Interacting with many different people with different cultures was quite the experience. The job was job included being actively involved on a personal level with every single individual you work with.
If you're looking for a challenge...
Electronics Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, promotions
Cons: long hours
Only strong minded individuals need apply. Greatest fighting force in the world. Physical fitness is a priority but don't expect anyone to hold your hand. It's up to you to develop yourself.
Eight Years in The Marine Corps
Maintenance Management Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NC; Quantico, VAAugust 24, 2014
There is nothing typical about a day of work in the Marine Corps. Every day is a different day, it's either better or worse than the previous day. Being a Marine is all about learning something new everyday. If you aren't learning something new, then you weren't paying attention to your surroundings. Let's just say when it comes to being a supervisor – more... in the Marine Corps, there is always room for improvement. Hardest part of being a Marine is living up to the expectation 24/hours a day 7 days a week. The best part of being a Marine is, exactly that. You are a Marine and you represent the United States of America. – less
Highly Demanding
Data System Technician Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee), NCAugust 24, 2014
In this job there is no such thing as a typical day but if i had to define one it would be something along the line as follows. Wake up hours before you have to be to work clean up work out then shower and get ready for work and get to work early. After finally at work then it do things as they come up network drops fix it call comes in about locked – more... account fix it and so on and so on. It is a fast moving and highly demanding keep up or your done. – less
Best military branch
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2014
I have learned so much about myself and others. Being a Marine helped me discover my strengths and weaknesses.

1 2 3 4 5