U.S. Marine Corps
6,934 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

A true once in a life time opportunity
Infantry Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Experience, Travel, Benefits
Cons: On Call 24/7
I've had a phenomenal experience with the United States Marine Corps. I served with some of the finest men I have met so far in my life, and reflect and appreciate every day all my experiences in the Marine Corps whether good or bad.
life changing
combat engineer (Former Employee), camp lejune ncJune 1, 2015
I learned many management techniques that will serve me a lifetime. People were always a great mix of knowledge level. Most enjoyable times were the travel and accomplishments of the job.
Semper Fidelis
Drill Instructor (Current Employee), Quantico, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Brotherhood
Cons: Ambiguity
20 years of hard work and dedication. I have the highest respect for all of my brothers and sisters in the Corps. I am a drill instructor so there is no such thing as a typical day. I learned the true meaning of Honor Courage and Commitment. I work hard everyday for mission accomplishment. The hardest part about the job is that it is the ambiguity. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I know that I contribute to the overall mission capability of the institution.
Great LearningExperience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJune 1, 2015
Answering Phones, Greeting higher ranked personal, Paperwork, great co workers, management was not always understanding some were. The hardest part of my job was the long hours away from my children, working 14 to 16 hour days. The best part was the bond built with the other Marines.
Structured environment with daily adaptations to planning
Maintenance/Production Controller (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, California and Yuma, ArizonaJune 1, 2015
As an aviation mechanic supervisor, I oversaw all maintenance on specified aircraft. Responsible for training and coaching fellow personnel in many different safety and maintenance procedures in order to ensure all aircraft were safe for flight. Constant changing of priorities to fit daily flight schedules.
Run fast, shoot well, do push ups.
Telecommunications/ARFF (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: Troop camaraderie, brotherhood.
Cons: Work harder, not smarter.
Marine Corps life is difficult, yet rewarding. My primary MOS was Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting, in which I responded to a Harrier crash behind the local WalMart, a helo training accident in the desert, and personally evacuated and extinguished an engine block fire at the chow hall, rescuing personnel and saving the facility from further damage.
Life enhancing experience
EKMS Manager (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJune 1, 2015
A typical day would be from 8 AM to 5 PM. Some of the things I learned from the U.S. Marine Corps is teamwork, self motivation and time management. The U.S. Marine corps is a fine organization with great opportunities to enhance your career. Friends and camaraderie are some of the best experiences you will ever encounter. The most difficult part of this job are deployments.The most enjoyable part is knowing that as a Marine you make a difference in the world.
Outstanding place to work
Logistics Officer (Current Employee), MCAS Yuma, AZMay 31, 2015
High Tempo - Rewarding Experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 30, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Working Times
Worked heavily in office setting with same individuals. Team building a very common thing, while underlying values of leadership and responsibility being stressed throughout. A very rewarding experience that would never be traded.
High stress environment, but manageable depending on leadership
Landing Support Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Free food, Free room and board
Cons: High stress environment, Highly regulated, High integration
A typical day included waking up early and doing physical training followed by a full work day. Can't really give an adequate review of the military since your experience depends on the leadership and the unit that you belong to. Everyone has different philosophies on how to do things and some think that their way is always right. The marines that I was able to work with were the best part of the job. I was able to build a strong bond with them and they were there to help one another get through the stressful times. When I was promoted and acquired more responsibilities such as having subordinates of my own, I was able to develop my own leading styles and train my marines the way that I wanted to. The hardest part about being in the military is that you are contractually obligated and sign your life to the government. You spend the duration of your contract away from friends and family back home which can add to the overall stress of the job. The best part of this job is the people you get to encounter and there are almost always opportunities to travel.
Honor, courage, commitment
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 29, 2015
Wake up early, go to bed late. You have such a great sense of brotherhood, knowing the men beside you would lay down their lives for you. Great chance to see the world.
Marine Corps
Personnel Trainer (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits and career opportunities
Cons: Tediness
The overall rating is due to the level of pride that this job gave once a job was completed.

The balance between life was unbalanced than that of a balanced life. Due to the demand of the U.S. Military's presence throughout the world during the fight against terrorism.

The compensation rating was good.

Job security wasn't so promising considering the fact that your job security could be determined by the judgement of another person based on how he may feel on that particular day.

Management was pretty much held to a higher standard as military officers.

The job culture of this company was family oriented like that of a brotherhood. Everybody looked out for each other.
Great sense of honor, courage, commitment.
Radio Operator/Squad Leader - Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: overtime without pay
The Marine Corps instilled order and discipline. It really has gave me all the tangibles to adapt to any stress situation. I was able to develop great analytical skills. Critical thinking was key to my job. I was able to gain great leadership skills and the ability to work together with other people. I was fortunate to mentor and guide others, while still able to establish a professional relationship.
fun workspace with employees
field radio operator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAMay 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work schedule
great working environment with co-workers. i have gained a vast amount of management skills and have traveled the world.
Adventurous
United States Marine (Former Employee), Pearl Harbor, HIMay 29, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: NONE
I loved traveling around the world and seeing other cultures. The training was intense and exhausting however very rewarding.
USMC
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), san diego, caMay 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rigid work schedule
Personnel management

Communications/electronics maintenance

Structured work environment

limited ability to progress in own desired direction
Great Advancement Opportunities
Data Network Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: experience, benefits, work diversity, gear
Cons: extremely long hours, manual labor, uncertainty
I am lucky to have been given the opportunity to serve as a Data Network Technician. It was a very versatile position that always kept me learning although I had little experience to begin with. I was constantly sent to classes and given new gear (servers, routers, switches, computers, software, storage devices, etc) with hours to test different possibilities, sometimes in a production environment and sometimes in a test environment. The job also consisted of being a Marine, which would often include going to the field multiple times a year. In the field our unit would set up enterprise level networks within 36 hours to allow for live fire operations to occur, while working under harsh conditions. This was the hardest part of the job yet the most enjoyable. Nothing feels more accomplishing than to go to an empty desert and set up a tent, transmission pieces, routers, switches, servers and computers from scratch to allow one unit to communicate with another. I also loved the help desk side of it. I was at the point where I could identify almost any problem just by hearing the description. The other Marines I helped were so thankful of my assistance which made assisting them that much more enjoyable. I was given a great opportunity with a chance to learn and amazing experience I could not have gotten anywhere else right out of high school.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: My fellow Marines
Cons: Deployment
I spent 15 and a half years and loved the life as a Marine. I loved all the Marines that worked with and for me as I got promoted. However after the years I was medically retired and had to find a new job because my back and body just could not take it anymore, So I went to Cape Fear Community College to get a degree in Computer Engineering Technology. I did very well at some aspects of the classes and ended with a 3.56 GPA
It's the Military.
SQUAD LEADER (Former Employee), Camp Lejuene, NCMay 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Deployments
Cons: Every aspect of life is controlled and micro managed
It's a lifestyle choice, not a job. I learned a lot of military tactics and skills which is very difficult to translate to civilian life. I met some of the smartest people, as well as some the stupidest people I have ever met.
Excellent organization with deep roots of tradition
Satellite Communications Operator (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMay 29, 2015
Proud heritage and deep rooted tradition makes for a motivating day. Like any other job it has its ups and downs. Benefits alone make the job alone worth it especially with you have a family.

1 2 3 4 5