U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Challenging environment.
Grade E-5/Sergeant/0621 Field Radio Operator (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: The comradery, the benifits, and the once in a lifetime experienmces
Cons: Lack of sleep, and many days training in the field.
My experience in the US Marines was a unique, challenging, and fulfilling job. It was unique in the sense that we do things you would never get to do in a regular civilian job, anywhere from shooting various types of weapons, repelling from helicopters, to being a part of humanitarian assistance for third world countries. The US Marines where challenging because it is one of the hardest training i have ever undergone not only physically but mentally as well. I can also say it was fulfilling because you got everything you would want from the military especially from a branch such as the US MArines.
Great place.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Camp Lejuene, NCAugust 3, 2015
Easy company to work for but no time off. Professional and mature. Tons of benefits ranging from health to dental. Day to day was kind of boring having a combat job.
US Marines
Logistics Chief (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 3, 2015
Joining the US Marines is a great way to start your career. There are endless benefits and the structure sets you up to succeed in life.
Leadership
Radio Chief (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 3, 2015
Train and taught junior Marines on a daily basis their primary job in order to keep the operations of the Marine Corps flowing. Lead, mentor Marines. Provided, Installed, Operated, and Maintained communications throughout the Marine Corps.
Change your life
Logistics Coordinator in Afghanistan (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 3, 2015
Pros: The people you meet and the places you can go!
Cons: I only got to deploy once. Once was not enough.
This is not a job but a way of life. You will hate your life and want out all the time but at the end of it all you will miss parts of it.

Being deployed was the best part. Armed all day and going to the gym was great.
Odd place to work
HOUSING COMPLEX MANAGER (Former Employee), camp pendletonAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Paid Vacation
Cons: Hostile workplace, Incompetent leadership
Was not what i wanted to do in the long term. It takes quite a toll on you physically and mentaly. However i did make life time friends and the benefits were amazing
The Marines
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, awesome people
Cons: A lot of time away from home.
I feel like there's not much to be said here. If you haven't heard of the United States Marine Corps, you live under a rock, and not a rock anywhere we've been.
Fun, exciting
United States Marine (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 3, 2015
Excellent opportunity to serve your country. Provides stable pay and educational opportunities beyond the norm. Great job
Productive, Challenging, and enjoyable
Master Instructor (Former Employee), Miramar, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Early time off on Fridays
Cons: 24 hr work day at times
Very productive but challenging workplace with supportive management. Company encourages training to help advance within the company. Company is extremely enjoyable, coworkers are encourage to work together as a team and not as individual to achieve a goal. Different situations occurs daily and you are to think out of the box to get the task done. Never a dull moment.
Exceptional workplace with oppurtunity for self advancement as well as the betterment of the institution
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HIAugust 3, 2015
Fast paced environment with a constant opportunity for advancement based off performance. Disciplined, structured workplace that develops leadership skills and seeks in assisting the advancement of ones self and the institution. Strong bond among co-workers, as loyalty is in high regard.
Rapid on the job learning. Sink or swim for success
Training Manager (Current Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Close relationships. Leadership opportunities.
Cons: "My way or the high way" Mentality. Group success and punishment.
The Marine Corps was exactly what I needed as a 17 year old. I have cultivated unique experience and relationships, that I can draw from in any walk of life. The constant work load and short timelines have cultivated a need for a strong work ethic. I am simply at a point in my life where I am ready to transition into an area that focuses on hard work, intelligence, and innovation.
Career Recruiter
Career Recruiter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Reitirement
A typical day starts early with in briefs. I learned to lead people and teaching them how to take care of the company and self at the same time. Management was great always asking for input on how to make things better across the board. Co workers always available to learn from and always there willing to ask for my expertise. The hardest part of the job was to see good people transition. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you were rewarded for the work that you accomplished and it was a good fit.
Best Job Ever
Tank Crewman, Office Manager, Administrator (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Fast pace and new people everyday
Cons: No stable work hours
The biggest thing I have learned is confidence in myself and others. The Management is always changing but it is a good thing because as you have different managers you also continue to learn new skills from them. The hardest part about this job is being away from family a lot but it is off set by how many vacation days you can take per year. The most enjoyable part is the friendship and brotherhood that you create while you are there. Everyone is family.
Meteorologist
Chief Meteorologist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 1, 2015
Pros: enviroment
Cons: work hours
I really loved the job. I liked being able to have fun with my co-workers and being able to give a great product to my customers who's lives depended on it.
Great experiance and education
Military Police Officer Fleet Assistance Program (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 31, 2015
Learned how to lead, be responsible, make decisions, become detailed and task oriented well being in a stressful environment.
United States Marine Corps
Manifest Clerk (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 31, 2015
The USMC was very helpful in transitioning me from a teenager into a very productive adult. I would recommend joining if you are uncertain as to what you wanna do in life after high school.
Great life experience
Radio Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Medical/Dental Benefits
Cons: Only get breaks if you smoke
It is a great experience for men and women just out of high school. Moderate promotion rate. Could be a great career path if you enjoy military/structured life.
Wonderful place to learn and utilize Leadership Skills
Chief Mechanic (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Being in a tight organization and mentoring the youth
Cons: Having to retire so young.
A typical work day, when not deployed, was 8 to 9 hours, Monday thru Friday. While enlisted I learned how to become a teacher, mentor, and a leader to over 4500 young Marines. I was always part of management in order to make the work place more suitable to ensure that I would get the most work out of my junior personnel. I always believed in "If you treat and take care of all your employees and their needs, you will get the most work out of them and they will enjoy coming to work to put out 110%." It works. The hardest part of the job was being deployed and watching young individuals die for their country. The most enjoyable part about the job was being there for the Marines to help them make sound decisions weather it was financial, educational, growing up, and family issues.
Amazing experience
AH-1Z and UH-1Y Airframe and Hydraulic Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 31, 2015
Great place to get education and discipline. loved my work day to day and met a lot of great people. i would make the decision to enlist all over again.
Great experience for both work and life
Tactical Information Systems Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Experience, Culture, People, Skills
Cons: the little stuff tied to enlisted.
I can't say enough on how much I enjoyed my time in the Marines. I learned the majority of my skills from there and learned to balance work and life.