U.S. Marine Corps
5,250 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Educational and Productive place to work.
Merchandise Coordinator/ Soft Lines Buyer (Former Employee), Yuma, ArizonaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great work environment with optimal workingn hours.
I was given the guidance I needed to succeed as a Buyer/ Merchandise Coordinator as well as the freedom to be creative when coming up with new ways to increase sales and profitability. I increased the Gross Profit Margin in all 13 lines I was responsible for within the first six months of my appointment.

My coworkers were great and upper management – more... was superior. Both military and civilian department heads worked well to create an effective purchasing team. – less
Great experiance and phonomenal comradery
Main Battle Tank Technician (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: job security, beneifets, travel, comradery
Cons: time away from family
The U.S.M.C. was a fantastic experience in my life that I am very proud about. The men and women that I worked with and lived with became a second family to me. There is a great feeling of accomplishment and positively contributing to society that one can not get from any other kind of job.
Honorable Service
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Joined at a young age at the age of 18. Learned so much about how the military works. Learned to be a leader and lead by example. Promoted to Corporal and had the opportunity to teach and lead young Marines. Had tasks assigned by higher rank and always completed the tasks accordingly. Never had any issues with my superiors. Always showed up to work – more... with the desire to learn everyday. Deployed to Iraq twice within my four year contract. – less
Diverse environment working with Marines from different places
Automotive Organizational Mechanic (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 15, 2014
Military Training every day while also doing my job as a automobile technician for tactical vehicle. Hardest part of the job are the times serving overseas and not having the right equipment to properly finish the job at hand.
Exciting work space as well as rewarding.
Maintenance Chief/Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NC/Okinawa, JapanSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: travel, experience, accomplishment
Cons: pay
There's no such thing as a typical day in the United States Marine Corps. There's also something new and challenging going on.
I've learned many different leadership principles and styles, logistical planning and managerial properties.
I've changed through many different commands and "management" and there has been many different leadership styles. – more... Some I agree with and a lot that I do not, but I've been able to take the best out of each and create my own leadership style to optimize production and personnel moral.
In addition to the change of leadership and also rotating personnel I've had the chance to meet a giant group of diverse individuals. I'm a very open minded and patient individual so I've never had too many issues with co-workers however problems do occur. When those problems arose, they were taken care of quickly and professionally.
While in my last employment the hardest part of the jobs would have to be the placement of location and the pay. I am a very adaptable individual however so it was an easy fix. But also the best part of the job is the travel and accomplished feeling. – less
Last of a Spartan Society, loved it.
Travel Officer Manager and Lead Logistician (Former Employee), United StatesSeptember 15, 2014
Last of a Spartan Society, loved it. Given a lot of resposibility at a young age.
Adventure and Travel
Administrative Clerk and Rifleman, Rank E3 (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NcSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: steady pay, great healthcare.
Cons: not a family friendly occupation.
Provides you with the tools you need to succeed, up to you If you want to use them or not. Depending on Duty Station and command, Life can be great or horrible, But even then Its what you make of it.
Great Discipline and Attention to detail
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, Ca, Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 14, 2014
I had an excellent experience in the USMC. Being able to lead patrols in combat to the discipline of having uniforms and gear maintained was an awesome thing that has kept me organized and accountable.
America the Brave.
Sergeant, 0311 Infantryman (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 13, 2014
No greater honor than being allowed to serve your country. The training and confidence I gained from this experience has transcended well into my civilian life.
Squad leader in an Infantry rifle company
squad leader (Former Employee), Camp lejeune , NCSeptember 13, 2014
Served in a lead role in teaching, coaching, and mentoring, thirteen subordinate Marines. On a daily Bases looked out for their physical and, mental well-being .Supervised ,resourced , and coordinated several task simultaneously , to ensure mission accomplishment
Military
Basic Electrician (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CASeptember 13, 2014
What can I say about working in the military. For one there is no typical day everyday was different type of challenge. I loved the job and the service for my country. I got out because, the Marine Corps just wasn't for me, but I would change any of for the experience that I have learned while be in.
Teaching Marines
Vehicle Operator/ Instructor (Former Employee), Ft. Leonard Wood MissouriSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: passing on knowledge
Had the opportunity to teach Marines their future jobs, would start the morning with physical training then would start the classroom portion of the training on certain days then would turn to the driving portion of the training. Watching Marines grow by learning about the vehicles and obtaining licenses for 3 Tactical Vehicles in a 38 day training – more... period. – less
Excellent Leadership
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2014
Enjoyed the job, and the people around me. Very challenging but rewarding. Sometimes you get a leader who is sub-par, but that is not very often. Down side is those who have families do spend a lot of time apart.
Secure structured environment
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), MCAS Cherry Point, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great medical, steady pay.
Cons: lond hours, deployment
I learned a lot while being in the Marine Corps for 11 years. I was in the infantry for 3 years where I first learned the beginning blocks of personnel management and also teaching/learning skills. then i worked at a rifle range as a Marksmanship instrustor for 1 year where I learned to teach to large groups of people and how to manage them and the – more... operations of the range. I have also serves as an avionics technician for 7 years where I have managed the tracking, acquisition, and accountability for classified assets, documented records of maintenance and repair work,Provided professional counseling, performance evaluation, guidance and training to 36 junior employees, test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using various test equipment and meters, diagnose complex malfunctions and systemic performance problems, Remove, install, adjust, connect, repair, or replace malfunctioning components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons with applicable wire diagrams schematics and publications, assemble and repair components such as wire bundles, switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools or soldering irons, coordinate and follow instructions using Microsoft office, word, excel, and power point to produce documentation of training and maintenance requirements. I enjoyed all of the career opportunities i have been afforded in the Marine Corps – less
Excelent place to learn valuable skills
Supply Administration & Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: learn valuble skill, pay, job fullfilment, travel
Cons: buracracy, certain command
Long Lasting Values
Corporal (Current Employee), VirginiaSeptember 11, 2014
The values and training received in the Marines will stay with me forever. I work hard and live harder. I ensure success in every venture.
Extremely fulfilling and teaches Honor, Courage, and Commitment
Sergeant, Supply and Accounting (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Extremely fulfilling and teaches Honor, Courage, and Commitment. The life experiences I learned serving in the Marine Corps will help me reach success throughout my lifetime.
Extremely professional environment with strong structure.
Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Havelock, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: immense amount of benifits
Cons: job locations
Days start with physical training along side fellow coworkers, then moves into mission oriented job tasks. Mentorship happens between coworkers continuously to provide constant personal and professional development. Management is firm yet understanding towards personnel to ensure mission completion. Coworkers are from all walks of life and are a great – more... way to learn more about different cultures. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an ever changing environment. The most enjoyably part of the job is all the connections and personal friends you will make in the process of protecting The United States of America. – less
stern and productive
AH/UH-1 Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free room, free food, always have a pay check
Cons: little to no breaks, making allot happen with very little supply and workers
at work by 0445 and was 100% go the whole day. always learning new things about the aircraft. great coworkers and good supervisors. the brothers i worked with was the best part of my job, the hardest was doing allot with very little.
Great travel experience
Landing Support Specialist U.S. Marine Corps (Former Employee), Camp PendletonSeptember 10, 2014
A day at work consisted of inspecting gear for serviceability. Completing military classes and giving classes informing subordinates of our job. The hardest part of the job is working over 24 hours non-stop without a break. The enjoyable part of the job was travelling around the country and the benefits.

1 2 3 4 5