U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

What people are saying about U.S. Marine Corps

• Infantry
  • miss the marine corps everyday
  • The Marine Corps is a lifestyle
  • See more...
Found 8,114 reviews matching the search
No better place to begin your future in the workplace
Avionics Technician - F/A-18 Aircraft (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2016
You will learn everything you need to know about working.
Integrity,Commitment, Ethics, Morals, Discipline and Hardwork just to name a few.
honor, courage, commitment
Lance Corporal (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 9, 2016
the marine corps is held up on strong old tradition. every day i learn to become a citizen and a better employee. fellow marine around us motivate you to do better. the hardest part about the marine corp is always trying to beat the marine to your left and your right. the most enjoyable part are the deployments and awards
Great place for learning
Motor Vehicle Operator/ Security Commander (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 8, 2016
As a marine you never stop learning things and you get opportunities to excel and improve yourself. The hardest part would have to be leaving family behind while you deploy but you also get to do your job as a marine.
fun and challenging work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2016
typical military lifestyle. professional work place. hours vary with a steady pay scale and consistent pay check, with chances for promotion
Military experience
Cyber Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NC 28533February 8, 2016
A typical day consisted of physical training which allowed me to stay in shape and working out in the field(outside) or inside learning on various equipment relating to my job. Being in the military allowed me to have a straightforward mindset on a plan or goal, discipline was greatly enforced and branded into our lives.
Pros
Great benefits and relationships(network). Many opportunities to get certifications!
Cons
No comment!
To Each Their Own
Aviation Ordnance Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 8, 2016
The military is a special place, for a special type of people. Some love it. Some hate it. Unfortunately, I am in the second category.
Very Good Organization
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 7, 2016
I would advise anyone to join this organization because they take care of you and is the most professional organization ever.
Brotherhood
Fire Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 6, 2016
The USMC taught me great life skills. Discipline and integrity, dedication to the task at hand, espré de Corps, camaraderie for my fellow brothers in arms, and professionalism
The best time of your life.
Marine Air Ground Task Force Planner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Great organization that can help build an individuals foundation for success throughout life. The Marine Corps is a brotherhood, not just a job.
Once in a lifetime experience
Fiscal Chief (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Joining the Marine Corps was a once in a lifetime experience. It definitely molded me into being a leader and hard worker.
Made me who i am today.
3533 LVS Operator (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I would do again if i could, i miss my brothers and the comradery that came with it. Being a marine is my single most favored memory in my life and achievement.
Pros
Brotherhood, Travels
Cons
War..
Great experience
Command Team Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAFebruary 4, 2016
This was one of the most satisfying positions I have had. Being able to assist the Commanding officer and the Family Readiness Officer with family readiness issues was the most enjoyable part of my job/volunteer position.
Productive but stressful enviroment that demands excellence.
Amphibious Assault Vehicle Crewman (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Physical training starts every morning at 0530, after this is done I would begin my work day. A typical day at work starts with accounting for the marines under my charge. Once that is done we begin work on amphibious vehicle, the day is not over until the vehicle is 100% in great condition.
United States Marine Corps
Combat Instructor (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 4, 2016
A well structured environment around professional managers that are willing do what it takes to complete the mission at the highest level of accuracy possible.
Perfect for moldng leaders, and problem solvers
Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 4, 2016
I have nothing but high praise for the United States Marine Corps. I spent 10 years, 7 months, and four days; where I went from learning to lead, to becoming a leader that is quick on my feet, during the most complex situations.
Pros
A true institution for leadership.
Cons
I cannot think of a complaint.
Life-changing experience
Executive Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Dynamic, expansive, and fulfilling work. Non-conventional work schedule, yet limitless opportunity to grow. Management was heightened by a well training, dedicated, and stellar work force. Long projects away from home are the hardest parts of this line of work, however the most enjoyable as well- due to the hardworking men and woman I have been lucky to work alongside. Proud to be apart of this organization.
Life changing experience
Technician Controller (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 3, 2016
The Marine Corps is a lifestyle as any armed forces branch in the U.S. Marines are always being educated, trained, and cared for in times of need. The experienced gained from the Marine Corps will always be carried to the members who decide to part ways because of the training style and job training are unique aspect compared to the civilian experience. Members mature mentally and become individuals who strive for success in every way possible. That has always been the mentality of every marine I worked and trained with. The greatest thing I learned from the Marine Corps is self confidence, and technical troubleshooting. To be able to strive for the best, marines had to believe in themselves. We were trained in harsh conditions and the outcome of the training made us greater individuals in combat, personally, and professionally.
Pros
Life changing experience
Cons
Server for a certain amount of years and mandated to serve once the contract is signed.
Constant challenging work enviornment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I learned many leadership skills that have given me the drive to adapt over any situation and over come it successfully.
Pros
free healthcare/dental care, housing, food, and training.
Cons
deployments
United States Armed Forces
Technical Controller (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Fulfillment of a number of duties of both a routine nature and many that required a high degree of adaptability. I am a better citizen because of the opportunities afforded by the Marine Corps.
Glad to have been a part of it.
Policeman Active Duty (Former Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 3, 2016
You can't review the Corps except to say, "Semper Fi!" But I would recommend that a realistic look at the overall Marine Corps mission be considered without political correctness and that females allowed into combat roles only if they can hack it and want it. It's a change that shouldn't be forced by politicians!
Pros
Travel
Cons
I got out.

4.6