U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Great place, Everyone should go to the School of Hard Knocks
Utilities/ Electrical Chief (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Awesome life, good uniforms, Kill stuff
Cons: Field Days, Armory, Family fun day
Overall this family of war fighters is the best out there. You will never wonder if you made a difference in this life after joining. Blood, sweat, and tears is a promise and calling card of this fine gun club.
Busy/ productive work place with high standards
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to travel and having the pride of being a U.S. Marine
Cons: Long Hours and unpredictable lifestyle
A very busy environment and working with people from different walks of life. I really developed as a person from being in this organization from being to deployed to places like Afghanistan, Norway and doing operations all over this beautiful country. There was rarely any mishaps because the attention of detail was high and if there was it would be handled fast and accordingly. The most challenging part of the job was being away from my family/friends for long periods of time.
Embarkation manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CaliforniaAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Holidays off
Cons: 72hr days
I have learned how to organize and make sure all products and equipment is fully operational and up to date. My co-workers were extremely talented at making sure I stayed on top of my job and were great a motivation to keep my going throughout the day. Most enjoyable part of my job was receiving recognition for my hard work and dedication to my job in front of my peers.
Provides a strong backround in leadership, discipline, and work ethic.
Company Gunnery Sergeant (Former Employee), KAnsas CityAugust 30, 2015
The Marines Corps has provided me with the tools necessary to lead effectively while instilling discipline and good work ethic.
great expirence
Corporal Of Marines USMCR (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 30, 2015
was not able to balance job duties and military and work. management was nice but was not able to adjust to other obligations i had.
Amongst the greatest organizations in the world!
Combat Service Support Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Culture, Medical Dental, Career Opportunity, PTO 30 days, Federal Holiday(s) off, travel
Cons: Subject to National Level Politics, Rare Cases of Toxic Leadership, Work/Life Balance can sometimes be hard for extended periods (but it is the nature of the job)
There is no typical day at work, everyday you will be challenged and your performance will affect all those around you, as well as many people you may never meet.

The Marine Corps will provide a vast amount of opportunities for the individuals willing to take responsibility for themselves and exercise initiative and good judgement.

NOTE: As with any position you will be challenged with red tape and politics. You will be held accountable for your actions at all times.

Ultimately, the Marine Corps is what one makes of it, millions attempt become Marines but few will make the cut.

The culture is unlike any other you have or ever will experience; Once a Marine Always Marine. You will become part of a legacy which pre-dates the founding of the USA and has served with honor and distinction around the world since 1775.
sniper
Sergeant of Marines (Former Employee), Palms, CAAugust 30, 2015
Sergeant of Marines
Provided instruction to 12 Snipers on standard operating procedures to ensure technical operational proficiency. Instructed the training in the platoons close combat course, and helicopter rope suspension training. Also organized and led Sniper missions.
Counseled platoon on conduct and proficiency requiring preparation of monthly presentations.
Loved the military
Airframes Mechanic (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 28, 2015
the military is a difficult thing to rate. I doubt that people look up the military on job seeker websites. the desire to serve comes from within
Outstanding culture to work in
Assistant Protocol Officer (Former Employee), Quantico, VAAugust 28, 2015
I had an amazing tenure with the Marine Corps. Many deployments and a brotherhood you'll never experience anyplace else. I learned how to lead from the front and worked for some exceptional leaders.
Operations Clerk
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 28, 2015
Increased responsibility and accountability for the company operations

It is necessary to work under a certain amount of pressure due to the dependency of different sections on the work that you do

Sense of accomplishment when logistics quotas are met
United States Military
Master Gunnery Sergeant (Current Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 28, 2015
The United States Marine Corps is at the forefront in the defense of our nation. Those serving gain valuable leadership and life experiences.
Exciting and Electric Environment
Machine-Gunner/Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Away from home a lot
Lots of running and hiking. Typical day consisted of weapons training and lots of yelling. Spent months away from civilization, in the field.
Hard work and dedication
United States Marine (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2015
To be a Marine, you had to work you butt off and try to surpass everyone around you. It was hard at times, but the experience was worth while.
Great People and Enviorments
Career Planner (Former Employee), Jacksonville NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Home tow work ratio skewed
A unique environment that isn't for everyone but who makes it into the brotherhood never looks back. Great skills gained whether you are in for 1 or 8 enlistments.
Indifferent
Company Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: health care, friends
Cons: field, deployments, incompetent chains of command
I had to get out because I was spending too much time away from my family, plus the hours were getting insane....12 hours a day with nothing to do and always wondering why you are still there. I will always miss the people I worked with and all the funny times we had together. Horrible town and the people hate Marines
Once a Marine Always a Marine
Corporal E-4 (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good people, guns
Cons: Harsh deployments
Good since of belonging, hard deployments, good life lessons. Fun shooting weapons, and learning about combat strategies. Long hours, but gets better with rank.
Learned how to work harder
Motor transport operator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 27, 2015
I learned quite a lot while being in the Marine Corps. The amount of hard work it takes to get things done and in a timely manner.
Great life lessons
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton CaAugust 27, 2015
Great chance to see the world. Was able to meet many people with different backgrounds. Great place to work in. Was met with many challenges that also was a learning experience.
Elite group of war fighters
Officer (Current Employee), World wideAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Chow Hall
Cons: unpredictable work schedule
This organization gave me an incredible experience, training and development. Anyone who has been apart of the Marine Corps knows the challenges they ask you to overcome far exceed the ordinary.
Difficult, mentally and physically; but overall an employer who strives to press your limitations, for the better.
S4 Logistics Chief (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, N.C.August 26, 2015
Pros: Ability to promote.
Cons: Deployment
Thirteen years in U.S.M.C. has been challenging; mentally and physically. A typcial day is long, early to rise and late to home; however, the Marine Corps has taught me hard work, honor, brotherhood, leadership, and pride in a job well done. The most difficult, the multiple deployments. The most enjoyable, the brotherhood.