U.S. Marine Corps
5,791 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Not what you expected...
SERGEANT (Former Employee), North Carolina and VirginiaDecember 25, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits package including healthcare, dental, gym, shopping, etc
Cons: long hours, hit or miss leadership, unfair promotions, etc
It all depends on what you do and who you work for; there is an array of places and people you work for and with. It has good pay, great benefits and free healthcare. The hours can be very long or a 12 hour work day. The leadership and management vary on politics. If the area of work is on the lower echelon there tends to be great camaraderie and work – more... output, but the further up in the ranks and close ends with money has its downfalls and imbalance. Overall it just depends on who and where you work. – less
Unique blend of adventure and danger
Data Network Administrator (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 24, 2014
Unique camaraderie, training and work opportunities. Expected to maintain a higher standard and excel at everything you do. Challenges are abound, and it is never dull.
Lifestyle and a career
Sergeant/Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: everything is taken care of for you
Cons: field day
Wake up, go to formation, go to lunch, go to formation the day is over. The easiest job ever. Once you get used to it. I had lots of fun and did lots of traveling. The hardest part is getting used to how the system worked. The best part was being able to travel the world.
Aviation Radar Technician
Sergeant - E5, Radar Technician (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCDecember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, family, overall job
Cons: lack of support from management
This job was exactly like the satellite communication technician job. The daily routine would consist of coming into work, making sure everyone was ready, and finding everyone something to do. Management wasn't as open as previous jobs.
Hardest part of the job was making sure everyone had something to do.
Most enjoyable would be, having a family of – more... personnel as co-workers. Making sure there everyone was taken care of and doing well in their lives. – less
Great experience
Deputy Familiy Readiness Officer (Current Employee), Kaneohe Bay, HawaiiDecember 23, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits, fitness, education, technical skills, healthcare, stability
Cons: communication
Great experience! Met many different people, and traveled to many different places. The hardest part, was traveling far away from family, and communicating with them on a regular.
USMC
Supply Administration (Current Employee), United StatesDecember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: working hours
Working for the Marine Corps was the best experience I have had in my life. I have had the opportunity to meet great people while developing great skills that will continue to develop my professional career.
loved my job
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great job. meeting new people and the travel.
Cons: constant reassignments.
I loved this job it involved travel and constantly meeting new people.
I gained valuable work experience and got to see many places around the world.
Great way to grow up fast!
Lance Corporal - Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, job security, free food and living.
Cons: 12 hours from home, unecessary punishments to some, living arrangements.
Military is a great thing and way of life. Some people hate it, some love it no in between.
Great Family
Motor Transport Operations Chief (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton CaliforniaDecember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hurry up and wait
Great place to start with. Great place and team to be a part of.
Marine Corps
US Marine (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CADecember 22, 2014
Do physical training every morning, and field training exercises.
Life changing and very opputunistic
Avionics Technician/Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: leadership experience, free school, and exciting environment
Cons: some long wait times, highly stressful at times, 24hr+ work days
I worked with highly motivated and skilled Marines who not only pushed you to your limit everyday but made you want to be pushed everyday. I learned to work in a face pace environment that could change any minute of the day. I learned to work with all types of people and personality styles. The most important thing I got out of the Marine Corps was – more... my leadership abilities. As a Sergeant (E-5) I was able to take charge and run my entire work center smoothly with no problems and passed several audit/inspections. The hardest part of any given day is the sudden halt of what you're doing and being thrown into a whole new mission, but that leads to the most enjoyable part of the day...mission accomplishment. – less
Sharpened my leadership and problem solving skills
Bulk Fuel specialists/ Training NCO (Current Employee), Wilmington DEDecember 22, 2014
I have acquired the ability as a lcpl to handle over 5 million dollars worth of equipment and weapons and train a company of Marines. Also lead by exemplary example and acquired knowledge.
Very fun and intense environment with lots of intelligent, diverse people
Legal Assistance Clerk (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free food, free lodging, healthcare, steady paychecks.
Cons: more output meant same income, bad management at company/battalion levels.
On a typical work week, I would wake up at 0530 and head over to the PT field. Depending on what kind of exercises we would end up doing, we would either show up at work between 0730 or 0800. Then work started.
When I worked in the Military Justice Section, I would sometimes skip meals to compensate for the work that the office fell behind on. The atmosphere – more... of the work was high tempo-ed and very intense. If you did not meet the deadline of a certain step to prepare for the court, the whole court would be set back for either two to three weeks depending on the availability on the court docket. The people made the Military Justice Section, or as we call it, MOJO, very fun. We would lighten up the whole job process by making jokes with the attorneys or within the clerks.
The hardest part of that job was this one day where everyone had to be at the office by 0530 for this General Court Martial going on. Then from 0530 to 1700, I did not leave the office not even for chow, none of the clerks did. Once 1700 hit, we all went to the convenient store on base and came right back until the court was adjourned at 0130.
When I got moved from the Military Justice Section to the Legal Assistance Section, everything from being high tempo to intense became almost non-existent. The work was still there but not as ridiculously high tempo-ed as MOJO.
As a Legal Assistant Clerk, I worked on both estate planning questionnaires (wills), and legal separations. I sometimes got to be work on some parts of custody hearings. A lot of complexity were inputted in those documents. From my whole entire time working in Legal Assistance, 2 years, the hardest part of that job was both trying to maintain a very professional office while more paper work and files were to get dropped on your desk as you managed the customer service window as well.
The most enjoyable times in Legal Assistance were the jokes we would make about everything and anything, to lighten the mood of the depressing things we had to see everyday.
The management for both of these sections were amazing, I learned a lot and taught a lot of life and professional lessons to and from my peers.
I also was part of the Augmented Security Team, which got activated only when the threat level rose and or when a calamity, i.e. Typhoons, or Tropical Storms, struck the land. My responsibilities as being part of the A.S.F. team was to make sure no illegal substances, bombs or any foreign and illegal weapons were to be brought on base. I got certified to carry O.C. Spray, retractable baton, handcuffs and 12 gauge shotgun. Whilst going through the training, I also got qualified to become court security during General Courts Martial or high grade Special Courts Martial. – less
Cook (Former Employee), 29 palms,californiaDecember 22, 2014
Pros: i was a cook, cooks eat first, good chow if you knew who made it
Cons: long hours
made a veriaty of products, worked 12 days on 2 days off, met a lot of people from all over the country
Marine Security Guard (Former Employee), Various placesDecember 22, 2014
Being a Marine was insightful and helpful.I was a Marine security Guard and primary marksman instructor. I would have stayed in for life, but wanted to pursue other opportunities, which was probably the biggest mistake of my life.
hard work and self improvment
Water Support Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 22, 2014
Planned day from the minute you wake up until they decide to let you go home. Strong brotherhood and sisterhood. Lots of possibilities and training options. Promotion possibilities are based on how you work.
United States Marine Corps Police Officer
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits. good money.
Cons: it was 24/7. that's the only bad thing.
This wasn't a job, it was me serving my country. I enjoyed every minute of serving in the Marines. When my contract was over I decided to try to move on to bigger and better things.
highly kinetic environment where tasks are accomplished in a timely mannor
Barracks Manager (Current Employee), Camp LejeuneDecember 21, 2014
Pros: a feeling of accomplishment after a difficult task.
Cons: often task require supporting agency's that extend time tables.
work day starts at 06 am with 2 hours of physical fitness training, followed by checking inventory and creating training plans and inspections of living quarters. The hardest part of this job is the time periods where there are task and training that take upwards of 16 hours a day 7 days a week. the most enjoyable part of this job is the time spent – more... out doors and knowing that the word you put in directally influences world events. – less
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 19, 2014
I would definitely recommend the Marine Corps to anyone in search of job security and advancement as well as a tight knit group of individuals to share their days with. The camaraderie is like no other.

Please see your nearest recruiting office for more information on placement, job availability and to find out whether or not the Marines Corps is the – more... place for you. – less
The lifestyle is challenging
Data Systems Technician (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 19, 2014
It's a place that you love and that grows on you. There is a variety of challenges that are presented to you on a daily basis. They allow you to find the person that you are destined to be and to improve upon that person.

1 2 3 4 5