U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 12,719 reviews matching the search
Somewhat Bad Times with Good People
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 20, 2017
On a typical day at work, we are usually up before the sun rises, and we typically are trained via PowerPoint when not doing on-the-job training. Management varies depending on the unit you are attached to and greatly varies throughout the Marine Corps. The workplace culture is typically depicted on how the management allows it to be, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. I would say the hardest part of the job is the sheer boredom on uneventful days, but the best part by far are your fellow brothers and sisters that you meet with on a daily basis to do your job.
General Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the military, being apart of the U.S. Marine Corps has given me the ability to be apart of something bigger than myself and a lasting feeling of self worth.
One of the best experiences
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Working for the Military is great, really tough job but very rewarding. I enlisted and did four years active. great benefits and pay. Loved the military.
You do more by 9AM than most folks do in a whole day. Great leadership and discipline
Current Logistics Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Great experience for young adults in need of direction and discipline. A chance to learn and grow. A life time culture of patriotism and love for fellow Marines and Corpsman.
Pros
Cons
Not flexible
The Marine Corps was a great experience.
Air Traffic Control Navigational Aid Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day in the Marines was challenging but rewarding. Anything from daily physical training to On the job training always kept us on our toes, thinking and working hard but we always had a sense of success at the end of the day.
Great wotkplaces, always a change of pace, and great people
3531 Motor transport operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Japan, North Carolina, Phillipines, South KoreaFebruary 19, 2017
I loved the Marine corps and the Core Values that it instills in people, great co-workers and a constant change in location. Not meant for the faint hearted.
Changed my life
Avionics Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HIFebruary 19, 2017
I was a lazy and immature before i joined. Flunked out of college, tried college again and dropped it when i get a decent job. Got laid off after a year. Once i became a Marine, that set me up for success for the rest of my life. I am in a much better place and successful and if i had to do it all over again i wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
Discipline, integrity, confidence
Cons
they own you lol
Productive and very fun work place
Avionics Technician/ Avionics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 19, 2017
Lots of Commeradery with coworkers. Great opportunities for advancement and great benefits. Unfortunately, I had to leave because of service limitations. Would have loved to stayed until retirement
Logistics officer
Logistics /Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 19, 2017
Supplying military personnel with equipment needed to carryout a very successful job in there work place. I learned hot to become a successful leader and supervisor.
It was the Marine Corps!
Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Some kids join the military for the benefits or some other such reason. If you join it should be because of service to your country or it is important to you as a person, not for the pay. I made less than 25k a year and didn't think my career would end so abruptly but the life of a Marine is not for the faint. 5am go run, shower and shave, file papers and type for 8 hours then go on your merry way. I do wish that my managers were there for me rather than just let me be discharged but I hold no ill will. It was the best employer I ever had to this day.
Pros
Free food at the mess hall, uniforms, training opportunities
Cons
you are on the clock 24/7

Want to know more about U.S. Marine Corps?

Ask a question
Fun place to work at and meet true friends
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Typical day at work is always an adventure. learned many skills and experiences throughout the years in service. Management is fair, loyal, and committed to troop welfare. Work place is always fun and adventurous. Hardest part of this job is being away from family months at a time.
Pros
Travel, pay, benefits
Cons
Away from family
Second to none
Electrical and Refrigerant Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCFebruary 18, 2017
The Marine Corps is a good opportunity for a young adult to pay it forward to their country. The core values that are instilled in you from day one will change the way you view the world and the people around you in your everyday life.
Great place to learn skills
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 18, 2017
The Marine Corps is a great place to learn a tangible skill. It gives you the opportunity to lead, mentor and supervise small or large group of Marines.
Always faithful
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 18, 2017
The greatest challenge with the greatest reward of serving our country with highly dedicated professionals. Travelled the globe and saw 31 countries, 6 continents, and 44 states.
Pros
Pride of serving a cause I truly believe in
Cons
None.
Usmc
Motor Transporation Chief (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOFebruary 18, 2017
Meets and exceeds every aspect of military lifestyle and teaches you to be a leader from day 1. You learn so many leadership styles that you can use to make yourself a great leader.
Great life experience
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I loved going to work everyday and learning something new. It was never a dull moment and learned a lot of great career skills, life skills, and leadership values.
Pros
Off every Federal holiday
Cons
Duty on the weekends
Fun work
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Lots of physical fitness, weapons training, urban and jungle warfare training, martial arts training, weapons maintenance. Good work ethic skills and discipline.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not too great of pay
Productive place to work
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Conducted inspections on military communication gear including radios, cameras, and laptops. I learned to delegate and manage a team, maintaining accountability of over half a million dollars of gear.
fun place to work
Title, Radio Chief (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The Marine corp is the best military branch in the world. Marines are the most dedicated, loyal and professional people on the planet. I would recommend that everyone serve their country by joining the marine corp.
Pros
Every national day off
Cons
too many combat deployments
exciting live change experience
Corporal at Assault Amphibious Vehicles Battalion (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2017
best fighting force the is with the best people that you will ever meet in your life. coworkers become family. a bond is formed that will never be broken. great opportunity to travel and do things you would've never that you could do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4