U.S. Marine Corps
6,625 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps United States Employee Reviews

great overall
Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV) Crewmember (Current Employee), camp pendleton caApril 18, 2015
Pros: disciplined, great leadership ability
Cons: hardly got a lunch.
day to day opporations consisted of 0500 running 3 miles. by 0730 down at work with a constant work load untill 6 pm. i have learned many things. the ability to lead, mentor and train marines as well as civilian employees of my current job. co workers are great and love working with other marines and new people. the hardest part of the day was working non stop with very few breaks in between to manage a life outside of work.
Productive and fun environment with great benefits
Lance Corporal (Former Employee), Jacksonville, North CarolinaApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: No balance between work and outside life
The U.S. Marine Corps is a very productive organization. The people are fun to be around but get the job done. The benefits that are gained while in the Marine Corps and after leaving the Marine Corps are exponential!
Productive and professional work place
Embarkation Chief (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Health and dental benefits, saving program
This is a great organization that I worked for and in. I am really going to miss it a lot because of the personnel, professionalism, and productivity.
Productive, Meaningful, Progressive
Marine (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAApril 17, 2015
Waking up early every morning was a routine i was enjoying, having a set schedule and the training was great and having the brotherhood was great. Had great leaders to learn upon. Some physical training was long and hard which among the lack of sleep was some of the hardest things.
general military
Motor Transport Operator/Lance Corporal (Former Employee), north carolinaApril 16, 2015
general military life during a time of war. the pay wasn't the best but the benefits were top notch. lots of hard work but the sarisfaction of the job was extremely rewarding
For temprorary work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Camp lejeuneApril 16, 2015
Pros: Getting paid every day
Cons: Maintenance on your vehicle
Great people and atmosphere. Beats up the vehicle a little to much and no repayment. Management was a little rough around the edges by keeping at set goal but over all was okay experience.
Not for the Soft Hearted
Recruiter (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits and peers
Cons: endless hours
The Best and worst time in your life. Be ready to work the hardest you have ever work but its worth it. Hard work is the key to success with the Marines.
Taught Discipline and Self Confidence
Customs Border Clearance Agent (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Long hours and a lot of Deployments
Able to go from a nobody to being pushed to go further than thought possible, reaching potential unable to obtain on your own. Taught to become fierce in everything you do, whether fighting on the battle field or pursuing a job elsewhere.
The job for those who are not ready to settle on one occupation
Morse Intercept/Signals Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCApril 15, 2015
Pros: Friendships
Cons: long hours, lack of sleep
The best job that I ever had. I learned a lot about myself that I would not have learned otherwise. With my co-workers I knew that I could trust who was watching my back. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the lack of sleep at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships both in the Marines and outside with civilians
High intensity work with plenty of travel.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Camp PendletonApril 15, 2015
Pros: Health Care, Job Security, Camaraderie, Unique
Cons: High Travel Requirements, Dangerous Situations, Stress
There are no typical days as a Marine. As a Marine I traveled to many different locations worldwide while taking charge of others and operating complex and expensive equipment. I have learned much from the military, from management skills to understanding the responsibility of carrying out tasks in an expedient manner. There is no task that a Marine can not handle and with a strong work ethic and mature attitude that the Marine Corps instills there is no goal out of reach.
Hard work not for the faint of heart
Combat Engineer Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCApril 15, 2015
Pros: The best benefits youll ever have
Cons: Deployments, life threating situations may happen
A typical day at work would be waking up at 0500 and going over to the "office" to get accountability of the whole squad. Then immediately after that go for a three or more mile run with the whole squad to build cohesion depending on how I would feel that morning we would do other exercises as well. After that was done send everyone off for an hour to shower and get something to eat before returning to work. Then we would train, teach, inventory, build, plan, and always build upon everything we did the day before to remain at your best.
Military Police: USMC
Military Police (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 15, 2015
All in all, I enjoy being a Marine. I know that I don't want to make a career out of it, but it has been full of learning and self improvement. Being a Military Policeman has afforded me the ability to work well under pressure, always stay alert and focus on the task at hand.
Motivated men & women working together, each holding a piece of the puzzle in order to see the big picture.
Ammunition Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: brotherhood, experience you can't get anywhere else
Cons: frequent hiccups during field excercise training
A typical day at work would be, waking up at 0530 to PT (physical training), by either running up a hill or going to the gym for an hour or two. Afterwards, everyone is given 15 minutes to head back to their rooms and shower, and head down to company office for personnel accountability. Occasionally, the company would perform a field exercise training that would last as little as 3 days or as long as 45 days out in the desert. The marine Corps has taught me how to take action and become a leader, It has also taught me how to deal with stress, and also work under pressure. Management is broken down into a chain of command, so essentially every marine is considered a leader and encourage to settle disputes and the lowest level before going higher. The marines and sailors that I've had the pleasure working with are driven by pride for their country and branch of service, this holds especially true during my tour in Afghanistan, in which many wore the American patch on their flak jackets, which was discourage due to possibility of offending locals. My most enjoyable moments during my time in the Marine Corps has to be the bonds that I have build with other marines and sailors, that turned the most repetitive, physically/mentally exhausting work into something fun.
unpredictable occupation
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIApril 15, 2015
Pros: great for personal growth
Cons: limiting in professional growth
selfless and motivating environment where an individual can learn to become diligent in improving. highly stressful as well as challenging to the normal individual who is not accustomed to this type of environment. great for personal growth although it is limited for professional growth. good staffing culture in the company
enjoyed serving
Electrician (Former Employee), where ever the needs of the corps needed meApril 15, 2015
to have served and followed in histories footsteps, and to have a part of a great fighting organizations superior reputation will always be one of my greatest accomplishments in my life. the motivation and encouragement I got my Marines and higher staff and officers will be greatly missed. the leadership I received will never be forgotten and always carried with in my brain housing group. I hated leaving the Corps but it was time to move on and wanted to be a part of my kids life. the hardest part was the rapid deployments, and the most enjoyable part was knowing I was working hard to leave my foot print in the history of the Corps. I will miss it forever, but the "ways of the Corps" will forever be in my heart.
Work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 15, 2015
The typical day for a Marines consist of PT, formation and daily cleaning tasks. I was assigned to working in shipping and receiving. Receiving gear and placing it in the correct units box. The hardest part is waking up for pt and exercising everyday and being a Marine 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the military traveling experiences, meeting new people, and just being apart of the military family.
usmc
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: travel for free
Cons: away from family months at the time
the marines were probably the best tie in my life I got to do things that a lot of people will never do. my time in the corps was amazing if I could do it all over again I totally would.
Very demanding work, but always an opportunity to lead and succeed
Supply Chief (Former Employee), Washington DCApril 14, 2015
The U.S. Marine Corps' supply, logistics, and operations fields are extremely demanding. The scope of work is ever changing, and "I can't" is never an acceptable answer. The pressure is heavy, however there is much opportunity for personal and professional growth and development. I excelled in the Marine Corps, primarily due to my personnel management abilities coupled with a logical approach to each new challenge. The primary responsibilities of a Supply Chief are to effectively manage a requisitions, shipping, warehousing, asset management and tracking, and financial accounting sections. These are the day to day duties which are compounded by deployments, operations, and projects. I believe that this field is the most related to project management as every aspect of project management is employed on a daily basis by a Supply Chief with very little tolerance for failure. I was one of the best, and I enjoyed being at the top of my profession. I hope to do the same in the civilian arena whether it is in project management, people management, or any task and challenge I am put to.
Hard work
Scout/Sniper Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Long hours and little pay. Work requires you to do risky jobs but you can not have a risky mindset. Since its a government contract every four years your offered a chance to get out or re-enlist.
Great work atmosphere and fast workpace
Legal Services Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great work oppurtunity and atmosphere
Cons: There is not a great balance of work and home life
A typical day would include starting a checklist for items that I need to accomplish. I would then check the package tracker to ensure that it is up to day and current. I would proceed to work on my checklist and process packages for the Staff Judge Advocate to review and give to the Commanding General of II Marine Expeditionary Force. The amount of information I have learned is incomparable to anything that I have every experienced. I started my work in the Marine Corps with little to no knowledge of my job, and now I am capable of running the office by my self. My co-workers are a great reason as to why I love my job so much. There is a wonderful mix of work with everyone I work with. The hardest part of my job is the unpredictability and multitasking it requires from me to accomplish the mission on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the praise from my boss and leaders for the hard work I put into my work and long hours I work to make sure my work is accomplished and done in a timely manner

1 2 3 4 5