U.S. Marine Corps
5,108 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Great time when youre there
Logistics Journeyman (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 21, 2014
too many things to describe but overall a great experience. Great time meeting new coworkers and seeing the world
Very tedious, full of adventure and great leadership opportunities.
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: traveling, benefits
Cons: away from home
A typical day at work was a minimum 10 hours and additional hour of physical training. I learned to be a leader in the most hostile environment and work as a team as survival. Working along different ethnic groups with different backgrounds became a trustworthy brotherhood. The hardest part of the Marine Corps was losing friends and leaving to return – more... to the civilian sector. The most enjoyable part was traveling and meeting great people. – less
Marine Corps
Intelligence and Operations Officer (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 21, 2014
There is not closer group of individuals that I have met where selflessness and teamwork embody the majority.
Warehouse clerk
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, enviornment at work, daily mission
Cons: sleep deprived
A typical day at work as a warehouse clerk is going to work at 6:45am to about 4:30pm everyday. While working as a warehouse clerk I learned how to properly pick, receive, stow, inventory heavy equipment that is work over 3 million dollars. I have learned how to adapt to change and pressure. In my working environment I would take charge to make sure – more... all employees is getting the work done proficiently. I learned a lot about diversity and understanding that everyone is different and works differently to get the mission accomplish. The hardest thing I would say about being a warehouse clerk is sometimes the lack of sleep you may get in a day If work is heavy, But after a while it is easy to adapt to that curve ball lifestyle. The most part I enjoyed about the job is completing the everyday work mission and finding ways to challenge myself in the job field so that I can achieve more responsibilities. – less
Learned many things from peers and superiors in this field
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Okinawa, Japan/ Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2014
Typical day would be in an office environment receiving high volume calls helping individuals with issues that may arise with their personal files meaning payment processing, creating identification cards, updating emergency data, providing general correspondence when needed, provided training seminars with the use of PowerPoint presentation, etc (the – more... rest is annotated on my resume) Management was impeccable I learned lifetime lessons from my peers and superiors, the hardest part of my job was dealing with disgruntled military members at times, and, and the most enjoyable part was being proficient and helping individuals out in a very timely manner. – less
Marine Corps
Satellite Communication Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork, camaraderie, management was great, lessons learned
Cons: long hours
There was no typical day of work in the Marine Corps. You did everything your job required and then some. I learned discipline, values, morals, honor, courage, commitment and so much more.

We were all a team and worked as a team. We had a lot of camaraderie and respect in our units. My co-workers were great and I wouldn't change a thing.

The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was when you get everything right the first time! – less
comfortable work enviorment
Lead over 100 inspections (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 21, 2014
Pros: comraderery
Cons: indvidualism
Everyday was a new experience
Maintain over 450 pieces, of the warehouse at the cost of over $32 million
Supervised the ordering, shipping, receiving and storing of warehouse items
U.S. Marine Corps
Fire Team Leader / Marksman / Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great people, lifelong friendships, great leadership
Cons: long days while deployed.
This was my first trip into the military world and I got hooked immediately. A typical day consist of training, both physically and mentally. during our non deployed status, we trained all the time, but had weekends off most of the time.
Great benefits and opportunity for travel.
Avionics Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
While in the United States Marine Corps I was constantly challenged with troubleshooting electronics equipment, as well as supervising a shop of twenty seven personnel. During this time I was able to grow into a proficient and tactful leader while simultaneously increasing my technical knowledge on electronics equipment. The most enjoyable part of my – more... job was guiding and mentoring junior technicians and seeing them grow into their skills. – less
Highly structured workplace with little room for error
Corporal/E-4 (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 20, 2014
On any given day, I would perform fuel samples, dispose of HAZMAT, inspect a number of aircraft and perform any maintenance that was needed, inventory and inspect tools and PPE, use industry software, provide guidance and counselling to my subordinates.
Fast paced, mission-oriented workplace with demanding goals
Architect (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MissourriAugust 20, 2014
Management level
School environment
Civil engineering background
An Experience No One Will Forget
Military Policeman, Team Leader (Former Employee), North CarlolinaAugust 20, 2014
The most rewarding decision I ever made was joining the USMC.
Multi-tasking and constantly busy
Career Planner/Counselor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, education, free gym, daycare, making an impact on marines
Cons: not enough time in the day to be able to talk to everyone
My day starts even before I walk in the door. Sometimes I cannot even get changed into my uniform because I have a line at my door with Marines waiting to see me for a counseling, a signature on their paperwork, needing to sign up for a class, needing to sit and talk about their career and what the next steps are, etc.

My management gives me 100% full – more... support. I believe that in the past 20 years this is one of the best commands that I have every worked in.

My Co-workers have their own billets and separate offices that they need to tend to, but we all like to try and support each other as much as we can. We try and get up from behind our desks and go see each other so we can take a quick break from the chaos of the day. It is nice to know that your co-workers do care enough to get up and walk down the hallway to see how your day is going, and then I do the same for them. It makes the day go by faster and a bit better.

The hardest part of my job is when a Marine comes into my office and spills their story and I know deep down that there is no way that they will be retained for future service because they just gave up, they got in too much trouble or they did not get the recommendations that they needed to be retained. It breaks my heart that we can't keep everyone, but we have a mission and it is quality and not quantity.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am invited to a Marines promotion to the next rank and I am asked to promoted him or her. That is a complete honor to take the old and give them a new rank. I be able to shake their hand and give them a few quick words of wisdom to carry on to the next rank is such a great sense of pride. Knowing that they thought of me to do that gives me a tingling sensation that will never leave me. – less
Productive, High Tempo, Demanding
Aviation Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Yuma, AzAugust 19, 2014
Pros: comradery, healthcare.
Cons: long hours, micro managed.
The demand of readiness and training while state side was high; and multiplied immensely while over seas. It was a fun fast passed, nose to the grind, do what it takes to get the job done efficiently and effectively mind set by all involved.
Helps you become a responsible person.
Battalion Administrative Chief (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: keeps you busy
Cons: none.
A typical day was good. Nothing I could not handle. Worked an average 8 to 10 hours daily with most weekends off. 30 days paid vacation.Paid travel around the world to different bases and duty locations.
Life experience
Paralegal/Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Great Environment for all starters. Opportunities are limitless for someone desiring to make the military a career. A place where people build character and a reputation.
a day in the marine corps
Canvassing Recruiter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
There was no typical day while I was in the United States Marine Corps. Every day was a different day and we had different tasks to do.
Great Experience
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
Decent pay, excellent benefits, valuable job training you can use to your advantage
Great route to develop skills for success
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 18, 2014
The Marine Corps will teach you discipline, initiative, tact, and great work ethic.
Professional and Discipline
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
I learned a lot about how our government works and politics. I also made some of my best friends here. I got to travel around the world and do my part for my country.

1 2 3 4 5