U.S. Marine Corps
6,238 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Its the Marines
Sargent (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: Marine stuff
Cons: Marine stuff
Honestly, unless you've joined the Marine corps, nothing I say will make much sense to you. Its the largest fraternity in the world, and once a Marine - always a Marine.
Nothing can compensate for the discipline and work ethic I learned in the Marine Corps.
Marine Infantryman (Former Employee), SLC, UTFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent training programs. many opportunities.
Cons: high risk.
The Marine Corps was an experience like no other. It tested my abilities both physically and mentally. Never before have I ever been pushed to my limits on a continual basis. Funny thing happens when you push your limits - your limits expand.
Nothing I have ever done in my life compares to the leadership skills and work ethic that the Marine Corps instilled in me. I learned how to operate under pressure and not accept failure or defeat as an option.
The Marine Corps taught me how to work with my hands as well as my mind. How to channel my ability to lead into something constructive and most importantly how to lead by example.
A typical day a work wasn't so typical - everything changed and shifted from one day to the next and we had to be ready for whatever the training schedule or mission was provided. "Adapt and overcome." That was our motto and you can believe we knew how to excel in it.
The management was exceptional. Seasoned and tested veterans who led the way and provided continuous education and training. As I moved up into management and became a Sergeant, I too took on this responsibility.
The hardest part of the job, was also the best part of the job: The work itself. It's the reason people join the Marines and not another branch. We'd be tested on a regular and daily basis, often times with little or no sleep, but we kept our mission paramount as the work always took precedent over personal comforts.
Physical Conditioning and Mental Conditioning
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Wake up everyday and work out, go to work and work out mentally. The Marine Corps is the best place to be everyday. There is no better way to say I love my country then by standing tall with the United States Marine Corps, World Finest.
Great organization to work for
Administrative clerk/ recruiter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Great organization to learn and grow. From entry level to management, you are taught it all. Had a amazing career and great leaders mentor me.
A great experience
Aircraft Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: plenty of experiences
Cons: you surrender your life fer the military.
Hard on family life (separation) but a lot of experiences you would never get anywhere else. You get to see other countries and their way of life. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Great Commraderie
Recruiter (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: longer lunch breaks, alot of free time, free college, good medical and dental benefits
Cons: often ran as a dictatorship
I have learned a lot about how to properly lead people and manage assets. Being a Marine comes with a lot of daily challenges, I have learned how to cope with constant change and adapt and over come any obstacle or challenge.
A Learning Experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton CAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day consisted of preparing official correspondence for approval. Tracking personnel and reporting personnel numbers to higher officials.
It is a lifestyle, not just a job.
Sergeant/radio operator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: unique experiences, close friendships, and getting to drop bombs on stuff. good benefits.
Cons: limited free time and personal freedom.
There really isn't a typical day at work in the Marine Corps. I learned a great deal in the Marine Corps-how to shoot multiple weapons platforms effectively, first aid and combat casualty treatment, land navigation, tactical communications and encryption, tracking and profiling, direction of surface fires and close air support.
Most of my officers were highly trained and educated and were good leaders, it's a little different than typical workplace management.
My "coworkers" in general were the best I will ever have at any job; again, the work is very different than civilian employment. You maybe deployed in very rustic and hostile conditions for months at a time and they are all you have. Hardest part of the job is the constant training and deploying, much of which has a pretty high level of danger and you spend a great deal of time away from family.
Military
Military Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: time away from family.
The job is something you do not for the money but to give back to the country. It is not for everyone nor should it be. There are may things you can learn as a Marine that can translate to the civilian world, it just takes a little more effort.
excellent
Aviation Structural Mechanic - (Former Employee), MCAS Cherry Point, NCFebruary 23, 2015
oh rahh usmc is the best! outstanding service, integrity, leadership and skill set. you get to travel the world while meeting new people every day. although not female friendly.... only the toughest females will survive a life time.
United States Marine Corps (Motivated)
Correctional Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: patrotism
Cons: hard for members who are married with children.
There was no typical day in the Corps. Under constant push and pressure for individual and co-operative betterment. I learned a vast amount of knowledge from, security, corrections, combat training, weapons handling, honor, courage, and commitment. Will never forget my Marine Corps Brother and sisters. The hard part was everyday was different and so nothing became stagnant. What I enjoyed the most was camaraderie.
Working for the Marine Corps is fun
Serves as a Financial Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DC/PentagonFebruary 23, 2015
I love working with the people. WIth so many personalilities, it has its moments where it can be challenging. Overall, its a good military service to work for.
Excellent People knowledgeable about their job.
Engineer Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville NC, Iraq, Afghanistan, OkinawaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: positive co-workers and management
Cons: very little home time
Every day was a new experience, able to continue learning necessary job skills each day. I learned productivity skills, safety practices, management skills, as well as how to improve my operating skills on various types of equipment. Most of the management was outstanding but had a few individuals that seemed to make unnecessary decisions to make tasks take longer than need be. My Co-workers were awesome always helping when it was needed and keeping a positive attitude. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for months at a time. The thing I enjoyed most was the ability to be able to figure things out for myself, when not on a timeline, and having people always motivated to get the job done.
very stressful
Section Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 23, 2015
a everyday marines job is one of the hardest on this planet. everyday getting up for the job was difficult but it was all worth it and the brother hood was absolutely amazing
Overall not a bad 9 years
Avionics Department Production Chief (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 23, 2015
I experienced all sides of the Marine Corps. The Air Wing, The Ground Side, and everything in between. They helped me grow from a troublesome teenager to a mature adult far beyond my peers.
Productive place to work.
interpreter/translator (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 22, 2015
Overall a good place to work as you start advancing in rank. Can be a bit difficult to maintain a work/life balance. Excellent benefits. Management could be better, but generally good to work for.
Serving your country gives you a great sense of worth.
Infantryman Team Leader (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Everyday in the Marine Corps is different. You wake up early in the morning to go to work and you usually don't get off work until most people are eating dinner. I would say that is the hardest part of the job, you don't see your family as much but serving your country gives you a great sense of worth!
Challenging and rewarding
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk VAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Typical day consisted of trouble shooting hydraulic system and sub systems, and repairing metal components. I learned many different ways to repair metal and composite. My management continuously pushed me to learn more. My co-workers came to me with questions and problems they couldn't solve so I could show them how or what to do. The hardest part of my job was training my co-workers on new systems they were not familiar with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the chance to train and do hands on work with my co-workers.
USMC
Sergeant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 21, 2015
By far the most rewarding job I've had to date. I learned how to manage my time as well as how to work with extreme confidence in a very adaptive environment.
The Few, The Proud
Future Operations Officer (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 21, 2015
There's nothing like working in the Marine Corps.

Employees learn about their job specific skills, leadership and life. The chain of command genuinely cares about its personnel and makes significant efforts to ensure the development and education of each Marine.

The culture of brotherhood and camaraderie is unrivaled.

1 2 3 4 5