U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,466 reviews matching the search
Military
Legal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 23, 2017
Amazing place to work. with many like minded people here there is no limit on friends. train hard and work hard, and you also play hard. education benefits are awesome
Great
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 23, 2017
I worked with great people that helped me become a better leader. I was able to learn valuable life skills that benefited me inside and outside of the United States Marine Corps.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
long work hours
Fast paced, and different with every unit:
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 23, 2017
Depends on your MOS (job), and the unit you are stationed with. It is a lot of fun when you are not sitting behind a desk. You get the most out of the Marine Corps when you are out in the field training, conducting exercises, deployed, or taking part in the many programs that the Marine Corps doesn't strongly advertise.
not bad
Publications supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2017
Pretty fun, horrible leadership at times. About 15% of people were good to work with. everything should have been netter prepared, but the chaos trains you to be ready for the scheduel to be changed.
Pros
benefits, brotherhood, lodging.
Cons
bad bosses, slaved for $5 an hour since we have no freedom.
Earned never given
UAV Operator / Career Planner (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 22, 2017
It is the United States Marine Corps. The best job in the world! It has so much history and it is bigger than any one man or woman. You don't join the Marine Corps, you become a part of the Marine Corps.
Pros
Best job ever
Marine Corps Exchange = A+
Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 22, 2017
Working here at marine corps exchange was great, the staff makes you feel like a part of one big family. I absolutely loved it, they were great even in the mayhem of remodeling.
Pros
Family-like
Serving my Country
Assistant Controller, MCCS HQ Controller Group (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 22, 2017
The part of my job I enjoy the most is serving those who serve, and their families. My position requires me to work closely with Program Managers, Deputy Directors, and funding supporting the Programs.
Absolutely amazing
Communications/ Personal Computer Repairman (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 22, 2017
Amazing opportunity with a strong and loyal work force that becomes your family. Pay is decent, but is more than compensated for by the best benefits. Housing, medical, food, and much more. Every man and women should make this their first job after graduating high school. Needs of the Corps comes first, which can be difficult for civilians in the family to adjust to.
work place was great
Organizational Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 21, 2017
the opportunity to fix equipment for my fellow service members was a reward within itself. removing engines, transmission ,engine heads was all new to me,I enjoyed working with my co workers in a sometimes intense situation and still do your job
Not for everyone
SINGLE MILITARY HOUSING CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2017
Some people thrive some people don't. it all comes down what you want to make of the experience. Hours are tough, but the people you meet along the way makes it well worth it.
Best benefits around and overall the most amazing 4 years of my life.
Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 21, 2017
Working with Marines was a dream come true, everyone told me I couldn't make it but I proved them wrong. My first year was tough, but I managed to pull through it; my second year wasn't any easier. Most of the time was spent training, working out, drilling and learning about respect and our Corps Values. I had a great time and I'm sure gonna miss it.
Pros
Free housing, Paid lunch, Free recreation
Cons
Standing Duty
Opportunity for Leadership Development
Radio Repairman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 21, 2017
Built technical skills
Developed personnel management abilities
Learned small unit leadership

Somewhat sporadic scheduling depending on individual's unit and job.
Not mush to say
LAV Crew men (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 21, 2017
This was a hard job by that I mean your away from your family a lot. You did get full medical and dental and pay was good compared to outside jobs. I was a great experience for me.
Structured and detail oriented
Lance Corporal - Reserve (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 20, 2017
Early start for formation
After formation you are divided into your field of expertise
You learn proper order and discipline
Management is direct, detailed and informative
Pros
Leadership traits
Cons
No room for error
Best of the best
Adjutant, Captain (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 20, 2017
The Marine Corps, like all military service, is a great place to learn the building blocks of leadership and management (especially as an Officer). Lots of stress, but the whole team is pulling together
Loved being a Marine
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZ 85323July 20, 2017
I loved being a Marine. I got stuck with a job I didn't want and in a pretty terrible unit but I made very close friends and was very good at my jobs.
Pros
Being a Marine
Cons
Being stuck in a contract
I mean, it's the marine corps...
Marine (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 20, 2017
You go to boot camp, you drink the kool-aid, and then you do marine stuff. Not sure why I'm being asked to review a government agency. Frankly, it's very strange.
Pros
Marine corps
Cons
Marine Corps
Infantry 0311
Infantry/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 20, 2017
It is the Military so 24/7 job. Learned MANY things and made many friends. Management is amazing. Workplace was stressful yet fun. the hardest part of my job was getting shot at. the most enjoyable was my lifetime friends.
one of a kind experience
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 20, 2017
it is for certain that you wont get the experiences anywhere else than the military. you get to see things you wouldn't see anywhere else. I enjoyed the people and the surrounds. it can be fast pace or it can be slow. it all depends on the work load that is in front of you. the standards are easy to maintain as long as you follow the guide lines that are given to you.
Not for everyone
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 20, 2017
Enjoyed being in the Marine Corps, however the job is not for everyone. Multiple deployments, in my case to combat zones, so it is a hard working stressful environment however you meet great people.