U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Loved the military
Airframes Mechanic (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 28, 2015
the military is a difficult thing to rate. I doubt that people look up the military on job seeker websites. the desire to serve comes from within
Outstanding culture to work in
Assistant Protocol Officer (Former Employee), Quantico, VAAugust 28, 2015
I had an amazing tenure with the Marine Corps. Many deployments and a brotherhood you'll never experience anyplace else. I learned how to lead from the front and worked for some exceptional leaders.
Operations Clerk
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 28, 2015
Increased responsibility and accountability for the company operations

It is necessary to work under a certain amount of pressure due to the dependency of different sections on the work that you do

Sense of accomplishment when logistics quotas are met
United States Military
Master Gunnery Sergeant (Current Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 28, 2015
The United States Marine Corps is at the forefront in the defense of our nation. Those serving gain valuable leadership and life experiences.
Exciting and Electric Environment
Machine-Gunner/Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Away from home a lot
Lots of running and hiking. Typical day consisted of weapons training and lots of yelling. Spent months away from civilization, in the field.
Hard work and dedication
United States Marine (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2015
To be a Marine, you had to work you butt off and try to surpass everyone around you. It was hard at times, but the experience was worth while.
Great People and Enviorments
Career Planner (Former Employee), Jacksonville NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Home tow work ratio skewed
A unique environment that isn't for everyone but who makes it into the brotherhood never looks back. Great skills gained whether you are in for 1 or 8 enlistments.
Indifferent
Company Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: health care, friends
Cons: field, deployments, incompetent chains of command
I had to get out because I was spending too much time away from my family, plus the hours were getting insane....12 hours a day with nothing to do and always wondering why you are still there. I will always miss the people I worked with and all the funny times we had together. Horrible town and the people hate Marines
Once a Marine Always a Marine
Corporal E-4 (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good people, guns
Cons: Harsh deployments
Good since of belonging, hard deployments, good life lessons. Fun shooting weapons, and learning about combat strategies. Long hours, but gets better with rank.
Learned how to work harder
Motor transport operator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 27, 2015
I learned quite a lot while being in the Marine Corps. The amount of hard work it takes to get things done and in a timely manner.
Great life lessons
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton CaAugust 27, 2015
Great chance to see the world. Was able to meet many people with different backgrounds. Great place to work in. Was met with many challenges that also was a learning experience.
Elite group of war fighters
Officer (Current Employee), World wideAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Chow Hall
Cons: unpredictable work schedule
This organization gave me an incredible experience, training and development. Anyone who has been apart of the Marine Corps knows the challenges they ask you to overcome far exceed the ordinary.
Difficult, mentally and physically; but overall an employer who strives to press your limitations, for the better.
S4 Logistics Chief (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, N.C.August 26, 2015
Pros: Ability to promote.
Cons: Deployment
Thirteen years in U.S.M.C. has been challenging; mentally and physically. A typcial day is long, early to rise and late to home; however, the Marine Corps has taught me hard work, honor, brotherhood, leadership, and pride in a job well done. The most difficult, the multiple deployments. The most enjoyable, the brotherhood.
Challanging and inviting
Night Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, SCAugust 26, 2015
During my time in the Marine Corps I personally learned many things about life, comradely and personal perseverance. Teamwork and family, this is the ideas that help build a stronger unit.
Fast pased, quick learning environment.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Production was key to support F/A-18 squadrons. Self motivation was key to learning all the ins and outs of the position. Became proficient in display units by shadowing our civilian contractor.
Strict work environment but also had days of unit cohesion
Corporal/ Cyber Network Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: A lot of benifits
Cons: Not a lot of family time
Learned how to run and manage networks and set them up. Management expected a great deal from us on a daily basis. A lot of policies and red tape, but is to be expected of Military. The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues and teaching them what I knew. The hardest part of the job was time away from family and the long hours daily.
Different environment everyday
Aviation Electrician (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 26, 2015
There is always something to do and the training is outstanding. There is always a comradery with all the Marines that worked together and even the ones that did not. The supervisors always looked out for the welfare of the workers while accomplishing the mission.
Extreme environment unlike any other
Gunnery Sergeant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Pride, service, brotherhood, leadership, training, adaptability
Cons: Pretty much everything else
The Marine Corps is not for everyone. Hours are whatever is required, supplies are sometimes limited, failure is not accepted, family events are secondary to the requirements of the Corps, training is demanding and difficult. These shortfalls build adaptability and strength. Marines will look out for one another long after their service is completed. With all of the negatives, the pride of service in the world's most feared and trusted organization of warriors is beyond explanation.
Learn to adapt
Aviation Airframe Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Healthcare
Best way to explain the military is that you better learn to adapt to anything and everything. If you can do that and be okay with your life being run by someone else then your fine.
nice guys to work with depends on job
Driver/operator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAAugust 26, 2015
like I said it was a fun atmosphere to work in though that depends on the job that you work. I was a fire fighter with the usmc and work was kind of boring