U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 13,791 reviews matching the search
High Speed and High Demand work flow
Quality Assurance Manager (Avionics' Technician ) (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 26, 2017
Marine Corps is a warrior's life style that is high demand of your time and body.
Work with some of the finest people in this country.
Hardest part of the job is leaving your family behind for long periods of time.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
Productive, fast paced work place.
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 26, 2017
Typical work day started at 5 am with morning PT, then actual work. As an intelligence analyst, it was my job to collect and process raw information into useful information beneficial to the mission. Management depended on the supervisor, some are more strict than others. The workplace culture was friendly overall, and since we all had the same objectives it was easy to accomplish tasks as a team. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the ever changing demands of the military. The most enjoyable part were the benefits.
work
Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2017
The Marines is a good company. Like all jobs it depends on who you work with and the quality of the team that you are surrounded with. Every experience is what you make it
Way of life
Tactical Air Defense Controller (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMay 26, 2017
You need to adapt and overcome obstacles to succeed. This job is only for the best of the best, once a Marine always a Marine. Your Chain of Command is made up of your peers and that isnt always the best recipe for success.
Pros
Brotherhood
Cons
Cutthroat
Strong environment with professional culture
Career Planner (Human Resource Manager) (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 26, 2017
During my time in the Marine Corps it was great. I learned from some of the best professionals in the world. Training was always helpful, and I loved my job.
Pros
-Healthcare, salary, tuition assistance, free housing, free on-site gym, housing allowance, bonuses
Cons
-deployments, can work long hours with no overtime compensation
Productive, High Tempo, Safety
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 26, 2017
High tempo work in the Aviation community. A brotherhood like no other. Always being productive with all the available programs within the community, if you let it falter then the fleet goes down. Safety has to always be on point with a 360 degree view of your surroundings.
Everything is earned not given
Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 25, 2017
Everything you need to succeed is taught in boot camp.
You must have a desire to succeed and to better yourself.
Nothing will be handed to you and you should not expect help from anyone.
Pros
X guaranteed pay, medical benefits and a definite challenge for the avg joe
Cons
Tough environment, upkeep of old outdated traditions make it difficult
Marine Corps
Floor Chief- 2nd Battalion 11th Marines (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CaMay 25, 2017
Good for individuals looking to better themselves, a very good stepping stone for future careers. Lots of opportunities to travel and to attend schooling to further education.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long hours, assigned tasks that are not in trained field.
fast paced and fun
Corporal E-4 (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 25, 2017
best place to be for a young adult looking to start an exciting career or who wants to see the world. at times it can be stressful however, it is worth it in the end.
Pros
travel, advancement
Cons
long days
OOrah marine corps
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Marine CorpsMay 25, 2017
I love being in the marine corps every second of every day. Defending this wonderful nation that I can proudly call my home. Putting my life on the line for others and what I believe in! Oorah!

Want to know more about U.S. Marine Corps?

Ask a question
Great life experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 25, 2017
I was taught a great deal of management skills that later would benefit me in other careers. I was given great opportunities to expand my cultural knowledge while traveling to many countries across the world.
It's the military you get what you put into it
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 25, 2017
The us military is a great place to learn leadership skills and learn to work fast and be effective at the same time. You really do get what you put into it.
Outstanding place of employment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lajeune North CarolinaMay 25, 2017
Responsible for maintaining maintenance records on over two-hundred track vehicles. Responsible for the welfare of over sixty employees, scheduling time off, correcting pay discrepancies.
Professional, adventurous, but fun line of work
Infantry/Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 25, 2017
Being a United States Marine is one of the toughest, most challenging, and awesome jobs on the planet. The work days can range from long and tiring to short and sweet. Including lots of time spent training in the field. The work environment varies from fun and exciting to boring and strict, depending on the command's personnel. Becoming a Marine also comes with the opportunity to travel around the World. The best part of the job is building bonds, traveling, and learning a sense of camaraderie. You acquire professional skills, a sense of self knowledge, and memories that will last a lifetime. Semper Fi!
Pros
pay, benefits, housing, camaraderie, travel
Cons
deployments, long work days, danger
Great experience where I acquired lifetime qualities and lots of skills.
Network Administrator & Technical Controller (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CAMay 25, 2017
My time in the Marines has given me a plethora of experience which includes my speciality skills in the IT field as well as the ability to lead, manage, work efficiently and thoroughly, communicate well with others and to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of working in the Marines for me were the people who I had encountered throughout my time. Some of my best friends today are fellow Marines who I had met while serving. Another enjoyable aspect of the Marines was the constant training and installation of networking equipment. I very much enjoyed the fast-paced and ready-to-work mentality that the Marines had to offer. The downside was that some weeks there would not be much personal time that was offered. Some months I would work around 300 hours in a month.
Pros
The professionalism, skills, and qualities that come along with being in the Marines.
Cons
Extremely long hours.
Earned, not given
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 25, 2017
Becoming a United States Marine isn't easy or fun. The hours are epically long and the payoff is decent. As a veteran I will never forget. Remember if a Marine isn't complaining, then there is something wrong.
Aviation
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  El Toro, CAMay 25, 2017
As a aviation flight equipment tech. you take care of flight gear used by pilots. Attachment to USS Ranger and deployed over seas. Itegrety learned here.
Pros
Pride of service
Cons
Productive work space, when were not working, were either out training or exercising
Shipping and Receiving Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 25, 2017
The Marine Corps is a place where leadership can be instilled in anybody who can become a Marine. It can teach you many good and bad traits, but you take what you learn from it. For me it gave me the ability to step out of my comfort zone and go lead others. The atmosphere at times can be quite stressful and quick paced, but i feel that is where you learn more to be tactically proficient at what you do.
Pros
Free Lunch, Paid Vacation, Free Medical/Dental.
Greatest Opportunity for any person
Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 25, 2017
Learned to operate in a world where rules change faster than the weather. Discipline, team work, dedication, team work and independence.
Hardest part about the job is time away from family.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Communication Technician
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 25, 2017
Inspected electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures to identify safety hazards for replacement or repair. Preventative Maintenance
Serviced equipment daily, reducing the need annual new equipment, leading to cost savings of $90,000 due to my Quality Control skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4