U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,945 reviews matching the search
cashier/sales associate
Cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 6, 2016
Normal cashier duties, along with helping customers, stocking shelf, and changing sale signs.You will learn about how to take care of your till where your money is held and the register itself you get work on. It can be a fast pace job when trying to get a line out the door but when you get the hang of it you will be able to get through the day easily. Management and coworkers will work as a team and are very reliable when you need help. The hardest part is keeping up with expired sales and remembering to rotating products. Most enjoyable part of working this job is that you get to have a second family and you get to meet some really down to earth people.
Pros
two 15 minutes breaks and 30 min lunch.
Great Company
CPOF Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDMay 3, 2016
I loved this Job it, I was a real adventure I got the chance to travel all over Afghanistan, set up Master's, BUM's Mid-Tier's and client's. I was was able to train well over 6,000 Marines, Airman, Soldiers and Seamen in how to Utilize the Command Post of the Future in theater roles like G2,G3,G4 and G9. When deployed forward to Battalion and Company settings I taught these Marines and Soldiers how to use the features available to them in there day to day missions. In addition to that, I took the time not only to set the back end of CPOF for the user but I taught S6 elements (Military IT personnel) how to trouble shoot it and conduct basic maintenance.
Pros
Just Outstanding job!
Cons
Rough and tough, but gave extrodinary results
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMay 9, 2016
Typical work day consisted of coming into work, perform a morning Fod Walk. return to Invidual Shops, Ex: Avionics. Determine list of Priorities(jets to troubleshoot). Lead a 2-3 man team to troubleshoot varying aircraft avionics gripes. inspect work of marines and verify system compliance with applicable publications. daily use of regular hand tools and avionics specified tools and test sets. Had regular meetings with Staff Non-Commissioned Officers and officers concerning status and mission capability of Aircraft
Pros
good people
Cons
hurry up and wait
Strong leadership building
E4 Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 2, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of morning physical training while reviewing knowledge on the go followed by weapons/demolition handling with a safety brief prior to and after handling in the afternoon. Demolition and construction reviewing/training of junior marines in the evening.

Coworkers were young but full in spirit and eager to learn.
Hardest part of the job was the physical training involving mountains with heavy gear.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of pride of knowing how to handle almost any given task.
Pros
Multi-benefits
Productive and a fun workplace
Substance Abuse Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 29, 2016
typical day was wake up at 0530 am be in formation by 0600 for exercises til 0730 then go change over get in uniform and have another formation to hear word of our tasks at hand for the day til 1600. i learned leadership skills from my command and senior co workers and patience. Hardest thing was training and over seas deployments do to not being able to be close to family members but we had each other and everyone became family to deal with the harsh times and made the best of it. the most fun was being able to meet different races and become one and joke around to make time fly
Pros
Best Branch
Cons
Very disciplined and strict employer that i loved!
Infantryman, Light Armored Recon crewman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 2, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work in the Marine Corps. Light Armored Recon battalion. We learned discipline and how to adapt and overcome in anything in life. We were constantly learning new areas in our trade and continually training to be better prepared and more efficient in everything we did.
Pros
physical fitness requirements, hard work and long hours
Cons
healthcare, deployments, being gone for months at a time
Good job
Oil Analysis Technician Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 2, 2016
The typical day consist of physical fitness, training, and whatever it takes to accomplish the task for the day. I learned discipline, respect, integrity, honor, commitment, and how to maintain a good work ethic. My co-workers were more like brother and we still keep in touch till this day. The hardest part of the job is maintain the discipline to stay in shape. The most enjoyable was the being able to work beside my brothers and sisters in the CORPS.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
For disciplined, driven, and fit individuals
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 2, 2016
The management that I've worked under was a bit questionable at times. You could tell which managers were incompetent and the ones who knew what they were doing. Hardest thing about the job was working long hours and never having a set schedule. Besides all that there's is nothing that compares with the pride that comes along with being a Marine!
Pros
Amazing benefits. Steady pay check. Security.
Cons
It usually is the needs of the job that takes precedence.
Rewarding but no further opportunity for advancement
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 2, 2016
The best part of the job is the Marines I was afforded the privilege of serving with. I will miss them more than anything. I learned from them maturity, leadership, tact and many other soft skills which will serve me well for the rest of my life.

I am only separating because there is little opportunity for me to further my technical skills inside of work. Further rank progression will not coincide with higher responsibilities until much later on, when I might be removed from the field completely.
Pros
Excellent benefits, rewarding work, excellent coworkers
Cons
Years spent apart from family, no further opportunity for advancement, frequent relocation
Everything is earned, never given.
Infantry Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 3, 2016
You are challenged from day one through the remainder of your career with long work hours, tough deployment schedules away from family and friends, and normal difficulties found in the nature of the work. However, the benefits such as health/dental, housing (if you have dependents), job security, and the soft skills you are taught prove to be extremely beneficial for the duration of your service. Plus, the relationships you make with commanders, peers, and subordinates can last a lifetime.
Pros
Job Security, Travel, Benefits, Job Culture
Cons
Long work hours, Considerable amount of time spent away from home
Its what you make it.
Supervisor of a aircraft and GSE tire shop. (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCMay 6, 2016
Your experience can vary drastically depending on the job you choose. You can advance quickly if you try hard enough but you have to have the drive. It is a great experience if you let it, I have learned many things from being a Marine. If you like to be challenged then it might be a good fit for you.
Pros
Free medical for the whole family, many programs to assist you and your family, great retirement plan
Cons
Long hours, can go months with out seeing family on deployments.
Usmc
Senior Advisor, Administrative Unit (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKMay 3, 2016
It is the military. What I loved about it - there was never a typical day. I learned many different forms of management working for so many different people in many differing areas. Artillery, infantry, air wing, logistics, maintenance, special duty (drill instructor), independent duty (inspector-instructor staff) and finally in the educational branch. Hardest part of the job is knowing that friends will not come back after they have paid the ultimate price for freedom but will always be in my mind and in my heart. Most enjoyable part was just being allowed to be a Marine.
Educational and professional work place.
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 3, 2016
In the Marine Corps everyday you advance yourself as person and a professional employee. Everyday you were assigned a task that further developed you overall knowledge or let you rework on the basics of something you already knew. The management was someone that you seen everyday and had the opportunity to work beside. Your coworkers were your family and your competition job promotions. To me the hardest part of the job is leaving your family while going overseas and the most enjoyable is the since of accomplishment.
Very strict and only for the dedicated
Diesel Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 7, 2016
The Marine corps is a very strict and squared away workplace. This career path is only for those who are committed. You will learn a lot of skills and become a better person as a whole. You will become a leader, confident, disciplined, and squared away. They have awesome benefits for those who are planning on attending college or if they are deciding if they should make this a career.
Pros
benefits, job security, skills learned
Cons
strict schedule, long hours, busy
Joining the United States Marine Corps was one of the best decisions i have ever made.
Personell Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps. I learned what sacrafice, hard work, and dedication was. I had much love and respect for all of my brothers and sisters in every branch of service. I enjoyed my job because it was laid back and i understood how important it was for me to do my job correctly and efficiently so that my unit could run smoothly.
Pros
The benefits was one of the pros of being in the military.
Cons
There was a chance I would have to go overseas and possibly lose my life.
Usmc
Sr. Network and Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 16, 2016
Being a United States Marine is one of the hardest challenges I have ever had to face in my life. Boot Camp was only the beginning. If you are going to make it and be successful, you will have to change your entire way of life. You will talk differently, walk differently, run better, faster, and be a more efficient individual as well as team member. You will become a part of a team that is forever more than a team. It's a family and a brother hood for life. Simper Fi.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Extreamlly Challenging
Provides you with a sense of belonging around people from different backgrounds.
Cyber Systems Chief - Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Okinawa, Japan/Camp Lejeune, NCMay 17, 2016
A normal day at work gives you the ability to interact with different users each day running into a multitude of issues. You learn how to respond to different personalities and how to professionally and properly deal with their issues.
Pros
Always had a place to sleep and food to eat. Travel was great.
Cons
Extended periods away from family with little to no communication.
Mission Accomplishment
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2016
I learned how time management skills, leadership skills, the ability to receive orders, the ability to work in stressful environments and situations. What I enjoyed the most about it all is being able to interact with others on a day to day basis and training subordinates. The hardest thing I had to deal with was working countless hours to accomplish the mission. With little amount of sleep and sometimes food, the overall mission still had to be done and I ensured that my department did what needed to be done in order for that to happen.
operational readiness
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 17, 2016
A normal day at work included weapons training, cleaning weapons, periods of instruction over weapon systems, medical, tactical movements, and room clearing, conducting security inspections, operating access points in embassies, using CCTV equipment to monitor visitors to the embassy, and protection of personnel and classified information i learned a lot about leadership and operational readiness along with how to successfully incorporate my training in daily activities. i worked with a broad variety of people from many different backgrounds. the most enjoyable part of my job was traveling all over the world.
Pros
travel, pay, contacts
Cons
no breaks, underdeveloped leaders
Continous on the Job training and instruction to Junior Marines
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selfridge Angb, MIMay 23, 2016
While on Active duty my morning would start off with a run which led into some leadership training. Than followed up with getting cleaned up for a day of administrative support for the Marines attached to the Unit. I had the honor of being apart of the most diverse group of people while protect the nation. Hardest part of the Job was making the CO happy with all efforts in the office and training because the management expected perfection. The most enjoyable part was being apart of the finest institution in the WORLD.

4.5