U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 13,429 reviews matching the search
Hard Life
Corporal, Grade E-4 (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 27, 2017
The job security and benefits are there, it being the military. They are there because of the tough lifestyle, time away from home, and the other many sacrifices that come with the job. The management can range anywhere from terrible to excellent, unfortunately the management tends to lean towards terrible. Superiors like to hide behind rank leading by demands therefore producing a negative environment that lacks innovation and ideas.
Pros
Security and Benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
Good Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 27, 2017
A typical day at work is watching the cameras an moving them around. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been catching the people trying to steal from the store and turning them over to the police.
Productive and self sacrifice
Radio Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 27, 2017
We typically work for more than 80 hours a week. We constantly train in rough terrain and weather and conduct operations to forward areas. Learn to lead by small unit leadership and training.
Pros
Shooting guns, learning leadership, training
Cons
Deployments and away from family
A very good experience
Hygiene Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Okinawa JP / IRAQ / Oceanside CA / IRAQApril 26, 2017
Standard military protocols the knowledge
I obtained was vast life surviving skills and everyday life. Combat losing someone on my team was very hard. Meeting new people from all walks of life and some places I may never get to go.
Great career with awesome opportunites
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
I had the pleasure of being part of the Marine Corps for the last 22 years, and I do not regret the decision I made at 19 years old. I recommend the military as a great place to get experience.
benefits
Semper Fi
Assistant Director/Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20373April 26, 2017
Joining the Marine Corps was the best decision that I ever made. It has developed me into a leader throughout my career. I have met some of the most amazing people from all walks of life!

Semper Fi!
Pros
Job Stability
Landing Support Specialist
Embarkation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 26, 2017
I was a Red Patcher, which means we land first and prepare the area for the rest of the support and infantry to land and disburse their respective areas. Work is difficult, the pace is fast, but it's extremely rewarding. Red Patchers are a close knit group within the Embarkation MOS.
Pros
Working with a variety of equipment and systems
Cons
Sand in your boots and MRE's
it ok
Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2017
In the military there is no such thing a work/life balance. In the Marine Corps there is no dividing line between personal and professional life.There is no company in the civilian sector that can compete with military when it comes to employee benefits at any level. Job security depends on the the current administration world situation. When the military wants to downsize, they will find a way to get rid of people.
Fun
Avionics Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, TXApril 26, 2017
Helps build character and work ethic, fun when it comes to challenging yourself. Very good for staying in shape, and helping build leadership skills. Semper fi
The Few the Proud
Squad Leader/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAApril 26, 2017
best job I ever had. great culture, great people. you work hard but play even harder. the benefits outweigh the negatives that you can think of. some days are rough but honestly the pros out the cons.
Best decision was joining the Military
UH-1N/Y and AH-1W Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 26, 2017
This was the best choice I have made. I loved serving and loved my job. I was able to learn how to properly service and maintain military aircraft for 5 years which has opened many opportunities in my post military career.
Life Changing
June 2017 Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 26, 2017
The day to day work is always challenging in a good and bad way, some days are great and some you really wondering when 1800 is going to hit so you may get off. I know in many cases some people may say that joining the service is difficult, but I have to say its the greatest thing ever. Everyone should at least complete one 4-5 year contract in the military it will change your life.

" ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country".

-JFK
Pros
Pay is great, explore the world, meet many different people.
Cons
travel a lot, missing out on some family events.
Good
Technician Rank of Sergeant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2017
Was a nice place to work, dealing with coustmers and dealing with people on the day to day, bases I worked on computers and had to pay cell phone bills
It's a love hate relationship with the Corps
Administrative personnel Sncoic (Former Employee) –  Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, CAApril 26, 2017
It a battle and you have to be willing to be up for the challange. You are never off work for you are a Marine 24/7. You have to come to realize you joined something better than yourself
Pros
An hour and half lunch
Cons
Always working
Not everyone can be a Marine
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MCAS New River, NCApril 25, 2017
The Marine Corps has a culture of its own. The people you work with no matter how rough things get will determine the overall experience.

It is not a typical work place. The work environment varies depending on training exercises, deployments and most importantly your MOS. Hopefully the reasons a person joined were good, meaningful ones. I think it is much harder to join the Marine Corps at an older age. To those who are just out of HS and need an opportunity full adventure with comradery.

Times are changing in the military so there maybe new rules and regulations that I never experienced. I overall enjoyed my time while serving. Lots of life lessons and lifelong relationships have formed thanks to the Corps. It certainly isn't a place for those who are extremely sensitive in any fashion. The culture will either make you or break you.

It can be difficult to balance family life and work. Restriction of time is the biggest contributor to this. While in the service it is wise to make a family wherever you go. It is also important to ask for help from the right person otherwise you may not get what you really need. The health benefits, job and financial security are extremely beneficial along with education opportunities. As with many things in life, experiences vary from person to person.
Pros
Interesting culture, unique experiences, good deployments, steady pay, comradery, health benefits, education benefits, job security
Cons
sacrifice of freedoms, culture shock for some, bad deployments
You get what you signed up for
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 25, 2017
You sign up to be with the most revered branch in the military, which is also the least funded. It's difficult, but once you make it, nobody can take the title away.
Finest fighting force ever to step foot on this earth.
Marine Officer (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAApril 25, 2017
The Marine Corps has the finest warriors our country has to offer. There is a lot of politics that now dictate how operations are done, but who one realizes the bigger picture - you fall in line and do your job. There is nothing like serving in the Marine Corps.
Pros
Service to the greatest country on the face of the earth.
Cons
Duty
Poisonous work environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 25, 2017
Spend the majority of your time being punished for things you had nothing to do with. And generally being treated like a 20 something year old child for the entire time your in.
Pros
GI Bill
Cons
Everything else
great work place
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 25, 2017
great opportunity to better yourself and others. builds team work and build proficiency throughout everyday, meet a bunch of people from all over . worth a try.
Stressful, but rewarding
Aviation Ordnance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCApril 25, 2017
Focuses primarily on work progression regardless if it takes away from family time and other priorities. Full coverage benefits, but health care facilities lack experienced providers.
benefits
Cons
high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4