U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,477 reviews matching the search
Travel and Adventure
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MA 02333August 26, 2016
The relationships that you form in the Marines are lasting! I guess that's what I take from it. Serving your country and meeting people from all aver this land... oh and the rifle range at 0400.
Great management.
Manpower Chief (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 26, 2016
In the Marine Corps you make friends that last a lifetime time.

Great management.
Great working environment.
Great benefits
Pros
Benefits and travel
Cons
Job Security
Best career decision ever!
Company Gunnery Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 26, 2016
So many of my current successes are owed to the knowledge and experience that I gained while serving in the Marine Corps. This should be a must for anyone wanting to be a leader or manager later in life.
Pros
Unforgettable memories made daily.
Cons
Many superiors have not attended any form of management training other than a book, so they are learning as they go.
Motor Transportation Opreator
FireFighter/EMS/Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Chinquapin, NCAugust 26, 2016
I operated multiple platforms of vehicle completing numerous task to successfully complete the mission at hand. I worked directly with students and played a vital part in their training also
Enjoyable workplace
Corrections Staff Non Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 26, 2016
• Observe prisoners housed in Special Quarters no less than four times per hour; document observations
• Ensure cells/lockers are searched prior to occupancy and on a daily basis in accordance with post orders
• Ensure all prisoners are searched prior to leaving and arriving at Special Quarters
• Document and maintain a permanent log of pertinent events and breaches of protocol
• Brief all prisoners on the stipulations of their confinement
Productive and very competitive
USMC (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 25, 2016
Loved it. Would have made a great career. Great benefits. Lots of traveling. Deployments was fun and very hard to get used too. Coming back from deployments was really hard.
Pros
Military
Marines
Financial Management Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2016
The Marines conditioned me to do my best in everything I do.
I was dropped into many situations where I had to figure out how to do things
Pros
Being a Marine
Non Commisioned Officer
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 25, 2016
Our days were pretty well planned out days in advanced leaving room for any sudden changed that need to be added. Everyday was a chance to learn something from someone with more experience than you, reading a Technical Manual, or going out and getting hands experience just from looking or working with the Mechanics. Those appointed above me were very knowledgeable about our gear, and taking care of those appointed to them. My co- workers were as close to me as family and they could be. Disagreements came up from time to time but at the end of the day we worked together to complete whatever task giving to us. The hardest part of the job was getting out of the normal day to day routine. Everyday that I could be with my family(co-workers) and work HE and teach was a job day.
Great tradition and pride
Assault Amphibious Vehicle Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 24, 2016
I was proud to have served my country with the finest people I will ever know. It was a great experience that allowed me to see more of the world and learn solid values.
Great Company
Director, Operations and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
People come first, one of the motto's is take care of your people they will do what you need them to do for you. Company is focused on emplyee training and development..
Pros
Fast growth
Cons
Lots of travel
I loved my time in the Corps
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCAugust 24, 2016
While in I got to travel and see the world. It taught me responsibility and respect for others. The only regret I have is not staying in. I will always cherish this experience.
Pros
Travel, gym, firearms training, leadership, housing and environment
Cons
Enjoyable woring environment with excellent potential for growth
Recovering Service Member (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 24, 2016
I have enjoyed every aspect of being a Marine. It has allowed me to grow exponentially and also travel the world and work with many foreign nations partners.
Good Experience
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2016
Would do it all over again if I had too. Enjoyed the Brother/Sisterhood every one took care of each other. Enjoyed the free travel and adventure.
Excellent Job Opportunity
Data Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 24, 2016
The Marines offered me the opportunity to use gear that most places would never let an 18 year old touch. It is here I learned my first real skill, and found passion for Cyber Networking. I was privileged enough to build, maintain, and manage networks. I also was able to manage a small team after two years.
Pros
travel
Cons
Extremely long hours
Camarderie
Logistics Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 24, 2016
USMC is a place were one is broking down from an every day type of person into a person of excellence. Not perfect but so close to it that one forgets that the line is yet still thin. lol I have never had a better life than the Corps. Brotherly sisterly love and bond is so strong. Life long family no matter where life takes you.
Pros
BOND
Cons
Orders
Leader and Instrcutor
Company Manager (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAAugust 24, 2016
Managed and mentored all employees within my charge from supervisors to lower level. Learned that delegation builds moral and earns trust, but you must also inspect what you expect. Strategically placed co-workers in areas where it would be beneficial and not detrimental. The hardest part of the job was the demanded time on job and away from family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the product I was exposed to as my employees matured. Retired after 20 years of honorable service. Served three combat tours over seas.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Family displacement
A tough job but very rewarding at times
Infantry Squad Leader (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 23, 2016
As an infantryman in the Marine Corps you are either training out in the field in austere environments or deployed in the same environments, it was a tough job. Hardest part of the job was learning everything about it and the constant deployment schedule (3 in 5 years), but the best part was moving up the ranks and teaching and mentoring new Marines and taking them on deployments and watching them succeed later in their career.
Pros
Gain excellent leadership and management skills.
Cons
Not much time off and living in very rough environments.
Productive workplace
Electrician/ Generator Operator (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCAugust 23, 2016
Monday-Thursday morning I start 23 generators to make sure they are operational and if any that are not I apply my troubleshooting skills to try and fix the problems. I conduct preventive maintenance on generators such as replace a part to changing the oil. I also make sure that our power distribution panels are operational and ready to be use at a moments notice. I also conduct preventive maintenance on those as well. The hardest part of my job is being that guy that everyone depends on and have a million task to do when you have peers that can do the same task but everyone trust you to do it. The enjoyable time at work is being around other Marines and getting to know them. I like to here about where everybody is from because everyplace is different. I've learned a lot being a Marine. I learn how to be dependable and how to be a team player. I've learn to be competitive while still helping the next person. I've learn to never give up or quit because everything can be achievable.
Pros
meeting new people, nice working enviroment
Cons
alot of formations
Busy bee hive work environment
SECURITY GUARD FORCE (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 23, 2016
The Marine Corps is constantly moving and always changing, you're constantly learning new things and discovering new ways to fix mishaps.
fun people to work with
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 23, 2016
i learned how to:
 Examined and Managed Data Entries to Individual Service Records
 Constructed Naval correspondences and directives
 Performed administrative duties pertaining to personnel pay and office duties

4.4