U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 15,155 reviews matching the search
Great
Federal Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Loved every minute of it ...

Can't complain about a single thing other then the process of getting out was miserable and a long drug out process for no reason
will do things and go places you never would have otherwise
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Early Morning
No typical day
may be in the field for weeks
plans will change all the time.
go on 5-9 month deployments
promotions are based off physical performance as well as knowledge and proficiency at specific job.
4-6 year contracts
Join the Marines
Administrative Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Join the Marines. you gain work experience and have a good time meeting people you usually wouldn't. can be stressful at time but if you can adapt and deal with it then you will do just fine.
Life and leadership experience and free education
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Naval Weapons Station, VASeptember 25, 2017
Awesome job that has benefits that extend into the rest of your life! Free education after your contract and work experience to put yourself ahead of yopur peers.
Our Corps
Communications Chief (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VASeptember 25, 2017
From day one to the time you decide to either EAS or retire, you gain a wealth of knowledge and experience literally covering a vast number of disciplines. From consistent mentorship to help shape your personal growth to dedicated leadership to shape your professional growth. The Marine Corps has an endless list of resources to aid and support the individual service member as well as their family's.
horrible management
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  8th commSeptember 25, 2017
it use to be much better but everyone in my shop was all about themselves rather than the group so everything fell apart but my buddy loves his battalion because they work together so it depends who your with and where you go
Fun workplace
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22214September 25, 2017
I wouldnt trade having serving our country for the world. I have had muliple amazing experiances including being able to travel the world and doing amazing training exercises.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Mres
Great job
Engineer Electrician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 24, 2017
great job with many chances to see the world/. i love my job sldkndslkfmdsak;lfjads;fjads;fmadads'mldsf;klmasd];fmasd];fmads];omads;flmadfgmdfklmdfpomgdpmdfp
Pros
free schooling
Cons
nothing
Top Level Leadership
Company Commander (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 24, 2017
Loved every minute! Fast-paced, stressful, hard work, and dangerous are all good words to describe just about any job in the Marine Corps. Top level training in leadership, management, operations, logistics, and safety. Multiple deployments made for continuously training and developing tactics, techniques, and procedures that enabled individual Marines to win battles around the world!
Semper Fi
Washington - Aircraft Rescue Firefighter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
The USMC taught me tons of life lessons and how to discipline myself, team work was a huge thing for us. We were our brothers keepers. I wouldn't be the man I am today without my Marine Corps.
Usmc
Supply Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 24, 2017
It's not for everyone. I joined the Marine Corps right after high school.
I served four years and was honorably discharged. It definitely helped me to grow and mature.
Pros
traveling to many placed
Cons
war time
Marines doing Marine things
Supply Chief (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 23, 2017
In the Marine Corps you experience and rather usual work day with little no change in daily activities. Great experiences with great people to work with.
Pros
You're a Marine
Cons
None that i can think of.
productive and challenging
Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Oahu, HISeptember 23, 2017
Usual wake up 0500 Pt at 0530 be at work at 0730 work till 1730 or 1800. If I am flying then time doesn't mean anything. Mission planning flight brief maintenance brief the actual flight post mission products and debrief. All of these can take up to 12-15 hours depending on severity and length of the mission.
Fast paced
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2017
If there wasn't much work to be done then your superiors would find work for you. It teaches you to be proactive and always be on your toes. Never wasted a day there.
Usmc
Team Leader/Squad Leader/ Corporal (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HISeptember 23, 2017
The typical life of an 0311. Up at 0530 3-5 mile run. If your on base your cleaning, going to schools or doing even more physical training. If your in the field you are doing specific training missions.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Very little sleep
strenuious work place that has lots of benefits
Legal Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VASeptember 23, 2017
The typical work day consisted of a physical fitness session starting around 6:00 am and went for around hour. Then it went too about thirty minuets to an hour to clean up before heading into the office for your average work day.
n/a
Basic Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 23, 2017
There are a bunch of opportunities while serving. education, benefits, training. Its endless on the things you can accomplish. You work longer hours then most jobs. Your getting paid based on mission accomplishment ot 8 hours a day then go home.
Semper Fi
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee) –  New River, NCSeptember 22, 2017
Typical day depends strictly on the mission and what needs to be accomplished. Given the amount of time you can have in between missions you can learn a lot from the people around you or from literature if the time permits.
Glad I joined.
Infantry Automatic Gunner/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I spent 5 years in the Marines. I'm starting to wish I re-enlisted. I still talk with some of the the friends I made there. Its a good place to go if you don't know what you want to do once you graduate high school in order to gain some employment skills for when you get out.
Productive and desireable place to work
Quality Assurance Safety Observor (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 22, 2017
The Marine Corps is a place that enhances your abilities that you were not aware that you had. It keeps you physically fit as well as makes you more mature as well as a more qualified applicant in the civilian sector.
Pros
100% medical and dental insurance and 30 days paid vacation
Cons
can be stressful at times