U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 13,400 reviews matching the search
good workplace, challenging
Marine (Former Employee) –  Bangor, WAApril 24, 2017
learned time management, punctuality, discipline, proffessionalism. days at work are made of eearly mornings and long nights as expected but time off was good when we can get it.
First Term Enlistment
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 24, 2017
Did one single term and built a great foundation. The marine airwing is a giant machine that always needs to be fed. It is up to the individual to make the best of your service.
Work hard then work harder
Tactical Switching Operator (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAApril 24, 2017
Great place to work everyone should sign up and earn the title. Each day will be a different day, with greater challenges than the last. You'll meet some hard working individuals and some that are just trying to give their 10 %.
Outstanding Organization
Director of Law Enforcement Academy (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOApril 24, 2017
Earning the title Marine is a life changing event...I wouldn't trade one minute of my experience. Being a Marine is demanding, and not for the feint of heart.
Accomplished every mission with minimal discrepancies
Project Management Chief (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2017
Very fast paced, team oriented, under constant pressure, but always were successful at what we did. I learned how to manage multiple operations while managing personnel from this Company. By far the most intense place I've ever worked at.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
waking up early for no reason
Goal Oriented workplace
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 24, 2017
The time I spent in the Marine Corps was very educational. Because I entered at a young age, I was able to learn early on in my professional life the importance of punctuality, self discipline, seeking initiative, and taking responsibility in a work environment full of moving parts. Which in turn was one of the hardest parts of the job, I had to quickly learn to adapt to stay atop of the tasks and assignment. I only hope that my next place of employment is as challenging and educational.
United States Marine Corps
F-18 Technician O-Level (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
The world's finest fighting force strict rules and regulations subliminally prepared me for the real world outside of the military and I'm grateful for that
Best decision I ever made
Aviation Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
Hardest part about this job is learning to manage the stress. Best part about this job is meeting new people, and traveling the world. I definitely learned how to be patient with slower learners and how to supervise more then 10 people at a time.
Pros
Education
Cons
Healthcare
its the marine corps
Tactical Data Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
its the marine corps. this is really dumb. i dont want to have to type all this stuff just to create an account. blah blah blah, need to get to one-fifty.
Not for everyone
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
High demanding/ performance profession that is not for the everyday civilian. It takes an lot of time away from family and very grueling line of work.
Pros
Esprit De Corps, pay, and vacation
Cons
Away from family, deployments
Marine Corps
Non Commissioned OffICER (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 24, 2017
Yut, errrrrr raw. Great place to be I love it supervisor was on point, I would reccomend this place to everyone and I think its amazing place .........
Travel the world
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 24, 2017
The opportunity to travel the world and meet new life long friends while serving this great nation. what more can anyone ask for.
The greatest thing any citizen in this great nation can accomplish is to lay his life for it.
Pros
travel train get strong build confidence for the workforce
Cons
Dangerous lifestyle at times, bad leadership at times
Military Service
System Analyst/Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAApril 24, 2017
I served my country and enjoyed some days and other days were not that enjoyable. It just depended on what was going on in wartime and peacetime. If given the chance I would do it all over again.
Usmc
Ground Radio Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 24, 2017
Good place for those who are motivated. Management is something you will have to adjust to because of the ever changing nature of the Marine Corps. All in all a great place to work.
Lifestyle
Assault Amphibian School Battalion Instructor (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CA 92055April 23, 2017
Great organization just ready to move on to another exciting change of pace lifestyle. Great benefits and provided a comfortable life for me and my son.
Demanding and Experience rich career
Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee) –  EverywhereApril 23, 2017
I received a vast amount of training and skills from my eight-year career in the Marine Corps that I believe will benefit me for the rest of my life. It definitely shaped me into the kind of person I am today.
Pros
Advanced tactical training and an abundance of skills learned
Cons
Dangerous life-style, away from family and friends for long periods.
High tempo, busy, close knit work enviornment
Expeditionary Airfield Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 23, 2017
Typical work day starts at 0500 and ends between 2300-0000. Morning tool and truck checks and a pre-operational test on EAF assets on the airfield. Refer to monthly maintenance plan to see what equipment needs maintenance. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment. Evening tool and truck checks as well as keeping logbook of all activities for the day. Close knit work culture with strong camaraderie between the 5-10 man crews. Large workload and long hours. Gained experience in electrical, mechanical, and project management. Developed leadership, communication, hand tool, power tool, and organizational skills.
Fast pased,stressful, and competitive environment
Academic Manager (Platoon Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 23, 2017
If you want to succeed in the Marine Corps, you need to leave your sensitivities at the door. There is no room for mistakes and little sympathy given if you make one. Be prepared to work over 10 hour days in the infantry as well as training periodically for periods as long as 2 months.
Educative, and fun environment
Marine (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2017
A regular day at work consists of morning formation, physical training and then continuing your regular job. The best part about the job is probably the people you meet doing the job.
Supervised day-to-day operations
Adjutant/Administrative Chief (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2017
Supervised day-to-day operations of the administrative office responsible for personnel, security, mail; and staffing issues of individual service records. Planned, analyzed, designed, developed, implemented and evaluated paper-based products for the Marine Corps Institute as a technical writer. Responsible for the operations of a Marine Corps detachment of 250 plus students assigned to the unit for completion of various military occupational specialties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4