U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Usmc
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKOctober 17, 2017
The Marine Corps was and still is one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my lifetime. Challenging yet rewarding, it was this institution that made me the man I am today.
Marine Corps
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
It was difficult, and it is not meant for everyone, however if you think you are strong enough go for it! It can be life changing for many people and was a stepping stone for me.
Learn Leadership
Sargent (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
Typical day would be some physical training in mornings, discuss with fellow marines tasks for the day, and then accomplishing tasks. I learned how to lead.
Great place to serve your contry
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 17, 2017
very competitive place to work, will train you on any job you are picked to do. Promotions work fast if some jobs and slower on other jobs. overall if you want to serve your nation this is the best place to do it.
Pros
competitive
Cons
cut-throat
The Marines worth having are the one's that leave
H-1 Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MCAS New River, NCOctober 17, 2017
During my time in the Marines ive found that the Marines worth having are the one's that are going to leave first. The senior leadership always have a few individuals that "Drank the Koolaid" and tend to make the whole experience miserable. The leadership claims to care about your individual needs and well being all the while waiting to punish and "burn" you every opportunity they get. Benefits are given to the individuals that get married and have children, this is their main source of retention,"Juvenile life choices". a married Pvt(<1yr) can make the same yearly income as a Sgt(4-8yrs).
Pros
Benefits, Paid Leave
Cons
Leadership, Morale, Cutthroat
Great life changing experiences
Gun Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
Lead my team of Marines through various training episodes, conducted various checks of my Marines to include making sure uniform standards were met, maintaining fitness standards, and making sure they knew how to execute the job at hand to the best of their ability.
Pros
Commeradre
Cons
Home life is very sparse
Love
Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2017
I loved being in the Marine Corp. I learned a lot there. It changes you helps you become a stronger person but you don't make enough money to provide for your family and insurance is horrible. We need to fix this for our Veterans and those serving now plus their families. They deserve better.
Good Leadership Skills
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
The United States Marine Corps has provided me with a plethora of skills to utilize for the rest of my life. It has brought out the leader in me as well as my ability to achieve.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
No overtime despite extra hours
good bond with coworkers and career advancement
UH-1Y Huey Crew Chief and Flightline Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
The United States Marine Corps was a great opportunity to give back to the community. The life experiences that were created in the 5 year enlistment will be unforgettable.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Fast paced challenging work environment
Cyber Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
I typically worked a 12 hour shift as a Systems Administrator. I managed User Accounts and Passwords, configured OS and software patches, communicated with customers via phone and email to help resolve information technology issues.
Pros
Proven record of customer satisfaction
Cons
Influx of work load with lack of personell
Very competive but political environment
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
If you are willing to work hard and make friends with the people you work with you will have no problems. It is a "good ole boy" environment that is sometimes difficult to deal with but with a focused positive attitude you will excel.
Benefits
Cons
Work space environment
The Few....The Proud
Master Gunnery Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
An organization that gives leaders the opportunity to lead America's finest citizens and mold them into efficient and effective people that are mission and goal oriented.
Pros
Paid leave, days off for national holidays and benefits
Cons
N/a
Usmc
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
If one wants to travel and meet new people, the United States Marine Corps is perfect. Fast-paced operation and training tempo keep one busy at all times.
Benefits start after you get out
Sergeant/ Platoon Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
The Marine Corps is a great place to build a foundation, perhaps even the best place. Great for any single person looking to make a difference in the world and protect those they love. Deployments are tough but benefits make up for them. They paid for school, living allowance and provide healthcare even after getting out.
benefits
Cons
deployments
Hard
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
If you want to have fun, join the Army.
If you want to travel, join the Navy.
If you want to leave to a better option, go to the Air Force
Want war? Marines is what you sign up with.
Pros
Free Everything
Cons
Give Everything
Good
Corporal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
Depending on your MOS advancement is different. The brotherhood is great and there was a lot of life long friends made. A lot of opputo help community and country
Fast paced
Canvassing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2017
Be ready to go 100mph from the word go.
It is a quick paced environment but does provide plenty of growth.
Education you gain by your MOS is helpful in the civilian sector.
The best branch of the armed services. Period
Harrier mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCOctober 16, 2017
My day started at 6 am everyday. 12 on 12 off.
I learned how to repair jet engines. Need I say more.
Management was great. Just a few incidents with younger officers who did not have the time in on the job to make certain decisions, but that was soon resolved.
The culture....USMC! It is the brotherhood. The camaraderie. The life long friendships. It offers a life you never knew you could have.
The hardest part of my job was leaving it. I knew that time would come but it still was a hard pill to swallow. Boot camp will be hard at first. By the end you will be laughing at it all.
The most enjoyable part of it was the first time I was called a Marine. Nothing can describe that feeling. Nothing at all.
Pros
You'll be a Marine
Cons
Time away from home
Proud to have served
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2017
Being in the military was a fun job to do. I got to travel the world and got paid to do it. That is hard to beat. I met great people that I friends with to this day.
Pros
Traveled all around the world.
Cons
Dangerous at times
Always a new adventure
Operations Chief (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsOctober 15, 2017
Everyday was a new challenge. Not one day was alike. You learn to manage your time and how to stay productive and how to contribute to day to day missions.