U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 13,450 reviews matching the search
Worlds Largest Fraternity
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAApril 28, 2017
Depends on the unit you get, but never met a greater bunch of men and women that are both intelligent in what they do and outstanding workers. SEMPER FI! YUT!
It's the Marine Corps, what else is there to say???
0311_Infantry (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 28, 2017
Tough place to work but full of friends when get out. Some weird dogs in the corps but it takes all types and they all become green weird dogs after bootcamp.
Pros
Fun, good people
METAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAApril 28, 2017
The United States Marine Corps is an amazing team to be apart of, the training that you get from being a Marine is well taught as well as in depth. Hardest part of being a Marine is being true to yourself and the Corp, everything that you do represents the Marines. Most enjoyable part is knowing that what ever you do is for the best of the country and to better yourself.
Pros
being a part of something great
Cons
the amount of training and time away from family
Best decision of my life
Combat Correspondent - Okinawa, Japan (Former Employee) –  Camp Hansen & Camp FosterApril 28, 2017
My time in the Marine Corps allowed me to learn and grow into the man I am now. I'm not sure where I would be today had I not chosen the path of service. I could never have been prepared for the experiences that followed the day I decided to join, but I can't see my life having gone any other way.
Great places, Great people
U.S. Marine Corps (Former Employee) –  HawaiiApril 28, 2017
The people I worked with were great, the places I have gone were great, the leadership I worked under were great everyone looked out for each other and took care of everyone, the hardest part of the job was being away from family for months at a time.
Pros
great benifits, great people, great places
Cons
being away from family for extended periods
Best job I ever had.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 28, 2017
The Marine Corps has been the best time of my life, and provides a serious increase in technical skills and time management. Its not always easy but the camaraderie is unlike anywhere else in the world. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Experience, travel, brotherhood
Cons
Hard days, long times spent away from family
High demand work force
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIApril 28, 2017
I served 12 years honorably and faithfully. I embodied the Marine Corps esprit de corps and molded young Marines into outstanding, dedicated leaders of Marines.
Challenging yet rewarding
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 28, 2017
Like many other places, your experience will greatly depend upon who is in charge of you and how well they know their job. There are bad apples but there are very nice, ripe apples as well.
Pros
Health care, paid time off, job security
Cons
undeterminded work schedule, people slipping through cracks and not being forced out
Skill aquistion
Scout Sniper Platoon and JFO (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 28, 2017
A great place for anyone looking for a change in there life. You get to lean almost anything here. You meet all kinds of individuals from around the world. All kinds of skills are obtained. If you stand out for your hard work than more paths open up for you!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 28, 2017
The military is a great way to do something that is bigger than yourself. If you want to join a cause and make a difference in your life the Marine Corps in the perfect branch to join.
Best Branch of the Military
Radio Section Head (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 28, 2017
One of the best occupations out there for a young man. Challenging, and exciting. Plenty of Tech jobs to choose from, or, just be a grunt. Excellent atmosphere to work in with outstanding Esprit de Corps and striving for excellence as an individual and as a team.
Fast pace and a fun work place
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 28, 2017
Productive and fast moving pace at the work place. I had many duties to attend to every day. Also i was in charge of other marines. Through out the time i was there i learned about accounting and how to manage money.
Pros
lot of experience
Cons
I wish I was still serving!
Field Wireman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 28, 2017
Installs, operates, and performs unit level maintenance on cable and wire communications systems, communication security (COMSEC) devices, and associated equipment. Operates and performs Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on assigned vehicles and power generators.
New Experiences and Fun Times
Jet Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 28, 2017
Work long hours getting jobs that need to be accomplished done. Traveling to new places and environments learning different cultures and continuing to gain more experience in the mechanical field. Managed personnel on day to day tasks and jobs, trained newer personnel and worked as a family.
Pros
Travel to new places
Cons
Long Hours
A great place to be
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2017
The Marine Corps sets you up for your future, though you'd have to take every opportunity to advance and learn. The work day is dictated by MOS and management respectively but you make the most of it.
I am glad I retired, but I do miss the Marine Corps
Operations and Human Services Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 27, 2017
There were times the work was never ending, but you had a sense that you were accomplishing something. I do not regret my time in the Marine Corps, it gave me the skills to survive.
Pros
Great people and long lasting friendships
Cons
Many deployments
The life
Data Network Systems specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 27, 2017
Connections and networks made that are almost impenetrable. The abilities to adapt under pressure and
Complete any task provides. World class training in both combat and job training
Pros
Brotherhood
Marine Corps
Logistics Embarkation Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 27, 2017
this is a military job, its fast paced, hard work that is very demanding. you should only join if you want to be there. the pay is not worth the struggle.
Pros
Title US Marine
Cons
Military life, deployments, war
Fast-paced, stressful work environment
V-22 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 27, 2017
A typical day involves getting a work load that has to be completed that day. Completing the work load in a timely manner gives you more work to do. Not completing the work load in a timely manner or by the end of the day results in someone getting yelled at and more pressure on others to help get the work done.
Pros
Free gym, predictable work hours
Cons
Pressure from all side to get work done as fast as possible.
Productive Work Environment
Marksmanship Coach (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton North, CAApril 27, 2017
Wake up and conduct Physical Training.
Get to Work, work on gear otherwise conduct classes about gear. Hands on Training, Technical Manuals, and Power Points.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4