U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 12,435 reviews matching the search
Great organization that instills the values needed to become successful in life.
Rifleman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 20, 2017
Serving in the Marine Corps provides you with a solid foundation on which the rest of your life can be built upon.

There is no typical day in the Marine Corps, especially in the infantry.
Serving 4 years typically entails at least one deployment, being stationed away from your native home, and numerous months spent in austure conditions.
This forces the individual Marine to develop a requisite mental toughness, adaptability, and the ability to find humor in the most challenging of circumstances.
Pros
Camaraderie with fellow Marines, opportunity to train with various weapons systems, exposure to different cultures, and federal benefits.
Cons
None.
Follow the rules and you will be fine
Refrigeration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Lack of training made it hard to get proficient but books and mentoring always helped. Stay in shape and on top of your studies and promotions are easy.
enjoyed every day
Utilities Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 20, 2017
Enjoyed every minute of my 20 plus years of service in defense of our country glad to have had a chance to affect the lives of many young Marines and to be affected by many great leaders
Pros
retirment at early age
Cons
time away from family
Finest Fighting Force the World has ever seen...
Contracting Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 20, 2017
No greater friend, no worse enemy! The Marine Corps is a great organization. I would recommend it to anyone seeking a challenge and purpose in life.
Demanding, yet gratifying.
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2017
There is no such thing as a typical day at work, the environment, time, pace, and demands of the chain of command are completely fluid. regardless of your rank you can potentially be placed in a billet that is nowhere close to your experience or training and be expected to do well, which is the best part of the service.
Amazing and very family oriented
United States Marine (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 20, 2017
Just join. It's almost as if you're becoming part of something you were meant to be a part of long ago. There are full benefits for everything and job opportunities that can literally take you anywhere in the world. If you qualify why not help make a difference?
Productive, fun work place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 19, 2017
This is an all volunteer work place, except for the Director and a part time assistant. The best part of the job is helping clients figure out a workable budget .
Pros
paid mileage to and from work
Cons
volunteer only positions available
Powerline Mechanic- AV-8B Harrier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 19, 2017
Enjoyed the Marine Corps a lot, really enjoyed working in a maintenance department learning about aircraft. Best part about it is deploying and seeing other countries. I would not trade my time in the United States Marine Corps for anything well worth the 5 years.
Was a challenge to become a United States Marine.
Supervisor Military Police, recruiter (Former Employee) –  NAS DALLASJanuary 19, 2017
Adjusted to conditions on each assignment. Stationed in Far East one year. Enjoyed adventure in all travel.
Marine Corps allowed me to advance at the pace I could based on the work willing to accept.
Pros
Enjoyed daily challenges.
Cons
Pay was low.
Troubleshot aircraft systems and components, scheduled aircraft for flights and maintenance
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJanuary 19, 2017
On a typical workday I tirelessly worked to improve aircraft maintenance down time. I scheduled maintenance intervals and ensured that aircraft were "safe for flight". I worked with many maintenance agencies as well as managed the workload of 10 work centers comprised of over 200 employees.
Pros
seing my hard work flying and training employees
Great military
8th Engineer Support Battalion (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 19, 2017
a great place to learn and be discipline. highly recommend for today's young men and woman. so go Marine Corps not Army weak
Great Place to Work
Assistant Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
If you like lots of excitement and love to travel this is the job for you, there are tons of benefits and perks for this job. You get to travel anywhere in the world and get paid doing it. Work can be stressful and difficult at times but you will always have help.
I would do it again
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2017
I think everyone needs to do one stint in the military, any branch. It's the best think you can do to grow into a common sense adult. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Pros
Fitness, benefits, travel
Cons
Sometimes Long hours, very very low pay
Field Ops
Cyber Network Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Set up a mobile network within three hours with full Sat lock communication using the gear provided. Maintain network services and user support entire duration of field exercise anywhere from 14 - 55 days length.
Pros
Lot of desert camping
Cons
Meals Ready to Eat all day everyday
Great people.
Military (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 18, 2017
You meet people from all over the world.You wake up early and go to sleep late. The hardest part of the job is understading what the marine corps is. Once you do that then everything becomes alot easier.
Pros
Always something to do.
Cons
Hurry up and wait
Best Professional Work Place with Best Personnel to work with
Operations Supervisor (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 18, 2017
typical day was training Marines in specific job qualifications
I learned to be a team leader and work well with personnel and how to manage personnel
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long periods of time away
If you know, you know. If you don't, you don't.
Radio and Sensor Repair Technician/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 18, 2017
An experience that isn't worth trading, but at the same time isn't worth repeating. If you value yourself as a human being it is likely you can find a more worthwhile calling.
hard working
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miramar, CAJanuary 18, 2017
very enjoyable job, easy to work with others, good working hours, you learn something new every sinlge day when working there and great learning experience
It was tough yet gratifying experience
E-5 Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 18, 2017
There was no typical day. In the Marines you could be shipped anywhere.
You make friends for life.
The most enjoyable part was knowing that you are serving your country.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home.
0331 Machinegunner
Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This job I still consider one of the top accomplishments in my life. I learned skills and trades that help me in my day to day life as well as things that i can apply in a long term operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4