U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,302 reviews matching the search
Strive to be the best.
Chief Instructor, Marksmanship Training Unit (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 25, 2016
The United States Marine Corps instills honor in servitude that shapes and develops young men and women into strong and independent leaders. Typical days seemed routine and often repetitive. But those days were filled with training and reinforced traditions that make the Corps one of the most recognizable and respected fighting forces and purveyors of peace in the world. So when presented with a situation with no visible solution, Marines used the training and and recalled the traditions that have been passed along to deliver the best possible results. The best part of my extended career in the Marine Corps is having the opportunity to watch the young men I trained and fought with become successful in their jobs and life outside military service. They continue to prove that "Honor, Courage, and Commitment" is more than a catch phrase, but a reasonable approach to success.
Pros
Comradery, teamwork, discipline
Cons
Extended separation from family
Many skills learned
Section chief (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2016
The work day started at 4 am we went for a minimum of a 3 mile run, after the running we would do whatever had to be done to achieve the daily goal.
I was taught new thing almost on a daily basis but was given time to enhance my skills in whatever we were learning
Mind Blowing
Work as supply clerk in the stockroom in several (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 25, 2016
Best spent years of my life. Where I learned to respect and really look out for my fellow because I trusted that they were looking out for me as well.
Pros
Travel, Fitness, Benefits
Cons
bootcamp
Productive Work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Carolina and Okinawa, JapanJuly 25, 2016
The Marine Corps taught me a lot of life skills, educational classes, to lead Marines, and be more confident in what I do.
Awesome job being a Marine.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 25, 2016
Work day started early every morning and was usually about a 12 hour workday. I learned so many skills from hands on technical work to being a Supervisor of groups of personnel ranging from 30 to over 300.
Pros
Serving my Country
Cons
Being away from family alot.
Great Place to work. good Pay and benefits
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Various Global LocationsJuly 24, 2016
Great place to work. Pay is fair an equitable when compared to the outside job market. Weekend work, overnight duties along with very long deployments can take away time from your family but its a small price to pay for being part of the worlds finest fighting force.
Pros
Three hots and a cot
Cons
Long deployments
The Corps
Fire Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dover, NJJuly 24, 2016
The Marine Corps Reserves has been a lot of fun, in my 5 years. I have gotten to do things that many people have not, I have been able to travel, and do everything a member of active duty does, but without having to sacrifice my home life completely. It does take its toll when I have to go away for 2 weeks every year, as that is 2 weeks away from my job on the civilian side, as well as 2 weeks away from loved ones and family, but that is obviously nothing to complain about when active duty counterparts are away for months at a time.
Excellent workplace
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 24, 2016
great mentors, relaxed environment, lots of room to improve and learn, ample time off, and i thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a cook in the USMC
Pros
excellent learning experience, great mentors
Cons
long, busy hours (14/day)
A brotherhood you wont forget.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 23, 2016
Some of the best memories I'll ever have with a good group of guys whom got stuck in some tough times together but made the most out of it.
Hard work, Intensive schedule
Telecommunications Equipment Installer Repairer (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 23, 2016
I had an amazing time in the Marine Corp. I was able to benefit a lot from it. From the schools to the deployments. I learned something from everyone and took with me the goods and the bads of multiple leadership examples. It wasn't easy though. The work hours were demanding. The back to back deployments were hard not just on me but my family as well.
Pros
Leadership abilities
Cons
Getting killed on the deployment
Relatively easy work, guaranteed pay
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2016
The work environment was comfortable, but I just didnt really agree with the fact that the fate of my career was in someone else's hand most of the time the person doesn't even know me or my work ethic.
Pros
Benefits, guarenteed pay
Cons
Schedule
best time of my life
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Former Employee) –  NumerousJuly 23, 2016
Did this because I had no plans after high school. Best decision I ever made to serve my country. Willing to sacrifice your life to protect the freedom of others is a very gratifying feeling and I will still do so if need be
Pros
served my country
Tiring but very productive....
Field Radio Operator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 23, 2016
Training will be tough but efficient. You will be tired, but once you earn the title of United States Marine, it will always be worth it every time.
The best years of your life.
3043 - Supply Adminstration Operations & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2016
It gave me a good idea of what I am capable. It provided me with training that I was able to use in the civilian world. If not for the Knuckle heads in my company, I would have made this a career.
A good place to work
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 22, 2016
The work was well past. All the co-workers were friendly. A lot of good benefits are offered through the company. The work is exciting.
Pros
A good place to work
Cons
No cons
Active leadership training at every level. Highly motivated environment. Professional co-workers with a "can do" and team attitude.
Counselor/Mentor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 22, 2016
Serving as an active duty Marine provided a strong sense of camaraderie. Leadership was taught at every level. A Marine is characterized by the highest in military virtues and constantly strive to be the best at everything they do.

As a Staff non-commissioned officer, I was blessed to have the responsibility of ensuring Marines' discipline both personally and professionally, Marines are highly trained to be proficient and comfortable with themselves and their gear. The success and morale of every Marine is ensured. Safety was paramount and accountability always came first. It was a very motivating and fast learning environment.
Gives you skills that no where else will teach
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 22, 2016
The marine corps was very good to me, I was able to travel the world multiple times and experience some cultures I never thought I would. They teach you how to be a leader, a hard worker, a team player and how to be a good personal all together.
Pros
travel, steady paycheck, promotions, paid vacations
Cons
Long time away from home
No Summary needed
Runway Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJuly 22, 2016
If I need to go into detail about the Marine Corps advertise on TV or from friends or the recruiters have not done their jobs. Best time of my life, met a lot of life long friends there who I am proud to call my family. Not a better job out there.
Working with the best
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 21, 2016
A typical day in the Marine Corps would depend on what MOS you had chosen. In the field that I had chosen was fairly difficult, ranging from field ops to patrols to help enhance our abilities in a real life situation.
Pros
military benifits
Learned a lot
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 21, 2016
While serving in the USMC I was able to travel, learn new things and meet great people. I was unable to get the job I would have liked to had but overall I would say being a Combat Engineer I had a good time learning different things such as basic construction, demolition/explosives, hand to hand combat as well as weapons training.

4.4