U.S. Marine Corps
6,691 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps United States Employee Reviews

Infantryman Sergeant E-5
Sergeant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: United States Marine
Cons: Discharge
Served as lead organizer and supervisor of the battalion’s marksmanship program
·         Ensured all preparatory training is conducted in accordance with the USMC standards.
·  Served as battalion weapons instructor and trained members on employment of small arms, medium machine guns, heavy machine guns, and infantry tactics.
·         Supervised and conducted over 2 ½ years of Marksmanship Training rifle/pistol range details.
·  Ensured all logistical and planning needs of the Rifle/Pistol ranges were met.
·         Ensured that all training was successfully conducted and provided responsive support of range details.
·         Delivered Power Point Classes on Rifle and Pistol Marksmanship
·         Wrote Battalion Policy Letter to enforce all new standards of Marine Corps Order 3574.2k  (Marksmanship)
·         2 Combat Tours in Iraq
·         Training NCO
·         Infantryman
·         Exited active duty as Sergeant
Great experience.
Supply Administration and Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 26, 2015
We do a lot of things that will be remembered in my older years. The work is hard, sometimes stressful, but rewarding at the end of the day. A lot of pride is behind being a Marine.
A top notch organization filled with great people that I've learned a ton of management experience from.
Career Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work is me giving continuous career guidance to military personnel to further enhance their career. Through the years, I've learned how to utilize my active listening skills to help people get through whatever problem they may have. Dealing with people from different cultures and backgrounds have helped hone my management skills. The challenging part of my job was being the only career counselor for over 900 people which shows I can overcome adversity. The best part of my job was the rewarding feeling I felt when helping someone achieve their goals.
Chief of Operations, Simulations Center (Former Employee), Camp LejeuneApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long days no over time.
Great place to begin your adult life. Can lead to a bright future, whether you retire from the USMC or just do one term and take the skills you learned with you.
USMC
Supply and Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), USAApril 26, 2015
There was no typical day, we where all crossed trained in different fields not just in the office but in the warehouse as well. Not only was I trained in accounting but I was also trained in personal effects, redistribution of un-serviceable equipment.
Productive, great pay, great team players
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), El Toro, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: got to meet many different people from all over the USA
Cons: Had people who were like brothers and sister leave for different reasons.
The training was extensive and hard, but well worth the effort and end result. Great administrative training, physical training. Prepared me for life.
Loved defending my country,people from all walks of life
Lance Corporal (Former Employee), Many,29 Palms Ca.,Okinawa,Japan,April 25, 2015
Pros: New adventures being a young man such as i was
Cons: Being away form home and running 3 to 5 miles in the morning
Carrying troops and supplys
Learned to handle situations,whatever it takes
Always got along well with other people and superiors
Hardest part was being away from friends and family
Most enjoyable was being on my own and the pride of being a Marine
Productive member of the workforce
WEBMASTER (Former Employee), rochester nyApril 25, 2015
I learned that no matter what job you have had, your work ethic will follow you where ever you may go. This was a wonderful company to work for.
Extraordinary learning experience.
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 25, 2015
The United States Marine Corps has taught me exceptional leadership skills and has strengthened several of my abilities. I enjoyed leading Marines as well as being mentored by the senior Marines appointed above me. I enjoyed the challenges and obstacles which were brought upon me, as they have helped me developed as a well rounded individual and employee for future careers.
productive life
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton CaApril 24, 2015
Pros: being a Marine
Cons: long hours
Being a United States Marine was one of the high light of my life. I traveled to foreign countries and learned their cultures.
USMC
LANDING SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Its the Marine Corps. Whats not to love! Gerat place to work at with great people. I loved every moment of it. It's the military so you have to be ready to work. It has made me the man I am today.
Thank you Marine Corps for allowing me to serve.
Facility Security Officer (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 24, 2015
The Marine Corps has been great to my family and myself for the last 20 yrs. My typical day is to support the Marine Corps from 0730 to 1630.
The best branch
Surveyor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2015
work with the aircraft pilots .kept all pilots flight data .responsible for getting parts for any repairs needed for the aircrafts. work with the helicopters
Band of Brothers (and Sisters!)
Corporal of Marines, Fiscal Chief (Former Employee), MCAS New River, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Job Sercurity, Government Benefits
It's not a job, it's a lifestyle! I am happy to support my Brothers- and Sisters-In-Arms. It is what you make of it, positive and negative.
I work for the USMC
Cyber Network Specialist (Current Employee), indian head MDApril 24, 2015
I would say that my job is complicated and requires a lot of hard work and dedicatoin. I am used to working upwards of 60 hours a week
Stressful
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), MCAS New River, Jacksonville, NC 28540April 24, 2015
Being in the Marine Corps is not for the faint of heart. If you're not sure, don't join. It is however an amazing experience. I got to see places I never thought I would.
Long Days to get the job done
Assistant Telecommunications Chief (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 23, 2015
As the communications section of an infantry battalion we have a lot of work to do. We make sure that all radio and telecommunications assets are always at their 100%. We maintain and conduct preventive maintenance on all the equipment we have. We get the this done as well as maintain all of our records for the yearly inspections that we have.
The Marine Corp has given me something to live by everyday HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT
Corporal of Marines, Motor T (Former Employee), Camp LejueneApril 23, 2015
Pros: Changed my whole perspective on Life, Learned job traits and job had job experiences i can use for the rest of my life
Cons: Always away from family, Always on the move
The Marine Corp taught me the meaning of discipline, and the importance discipline has in a job setting. The Marines showed me how a proper chain of command is suppose to work, and how orders are suppose to be executed. While in the Marine Corps I learned how to take charge, not only take charge take in the most difficult or stressful situations, while maintaining calm and always completing the task at hand. I served 2 tours in Afghanistan while in the Marine Corps so my time was mostly split between Garrison, and in Afghanistan. A typical day in Garrison or at Camp Lejuene, NC would start with me conducting a 45 min PT session with my platoon which usually consisted of anywhere between 15-25 Marines. After PT session I would report to the Motor Pool , and check for any orders or routes that would need to be executed for the day. After breaking my platoon from formation I would help conduct company manifest , and check the morning PMCs executed by my junior marines. The day would consist of whatever orders where passed down. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in a position where I knew I was making a difference. Everyday I would learn knew things, and pass on knowledge. The hardest part of my job was having to leave my family and friends for months at a time.
Hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
Corporal/Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCApril 23, 2015
Pros: Got the visit Afghanistan.
Cons: If one person screws up, everyone screws up.
It led to a lot of the beliefs I have about health care, holistic care, and overall health. I herniated a disc in my spine in Afghanistan. The care that I got was sub par while in the military but once I got out, I had all the freedom to get help where I wanted and when I wanted. I've been seeing a chiropractor who inspired me to switch from a physical therapy degree to a chiropractic degree. I've been fortunate to still be able to walk and run after my injury and I owe to the innate intelligence the human body has to heal itself if you treat it correctly.
Good and rewarding workplace
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Being away from family
Hardest part of job is being away from family. Most enjoyable part was working with others. I learned a lot of stuff, you learn your job through repetition. Learned to save someone's life, to defending those you work for. Learned to detain someone to weapons proficiency. There wasn't a typical day at work, the day depended on the need. Managment was direct, co-workers were determined.

1 2 3 4 5