U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 13,781 reviews matching the search
Marine Corps
Floor Chief- 2nd Battalion 11th Marines (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CaMay 25, 2017
Good for individuals looking to better themselves, a very good stepping stone for future careers. Lots of opportunities to travel and to attend schooling to further education.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long hours, assigned tasks that are not in trained field.
fast paced and fun
Corporal E-4 (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 25, 2017
best place to be for a young adult looking to start an exciting career or who wants to see the world. at times it can be stressful however, it is worth it in the end.
Pros
travel, advancement
Cons
long days
OOrah marine corps
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Marine CorpsMay 25, 2017
I love being in the marine corps every second of every day. Defending this wonderful nation that I can proudly call my home. Putting my life on the line for others and what I believe in! Oorah!
Great life experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 25, 2017
I was taught a great deal of management skills that later would benefit me in other careers. I was given great opportunities to expand my cultural knowledge while traveling to many countries across the world.
It's the military you get what you put into it
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 25, 2017
The us military is a great place to learn leadership skills and learn to work fast and be effective at the same time. You really do get what you put into it.
Outstanding place of employment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lajeune North CarolinaMay 25, 2017
Responsible for maintaining maintenance records on over two-hundred track vehicles. Responsible for the welfare of over sixty employees, scheduling time off, correcting pay discrepancies.
Professional, adventurous, but fun line of work
Infantry/Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 25, 2017
Being a United States Marine is one of the toughest, most challenging, and awesome jobs on the planet. The work days can range from long and tiring to short and sweet. Including lots of time spent training in the field. The work environment varies from fun and exciting to boring and strict, depending on the command's personnel. Becoming a Marine also comes with the opportunity to travel around the World. The best part of the job is building bonds, traveling, and learning a sense of camaraderie. You acquire professional skills, a sense of self knowledge, and memories that will last a lifetime. Semper Fi!
Pros
pay, benefits, housing, camaraderie, travel
Cons
deployments, long work days, danger
Earned, not given
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 25, 2017
Becoming a United States Marine isn't easy or fun. The hours are epically long and the payoff is decent. As a veteran I will never forget. Remember if a Marine isn't complaining, then there is something wrong.
Aviation
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  El Toro, CAMay 25, 2017
As a aviation flight equipment tech. you take care of flight gear used by pilots. Attachment to USS Ranger and deployed over seas. Itegrety learned here.
Pros
Pride of service
Cons
Productive work space, when were not working, were either out training or exercising
Shipping and Receiving Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 25, 2017
The Marine Corps is a place where leadership can be instilled in anybody who can become a Marine. It can teach you many good and bad traits, but you take what you learn from it. For me it gave me the ability to step out of my comfort zone and go lead others. The atmosphere at times can be quite stressful and quick paced, but i feel that is where you learn more to be tactically proficient at what you do.
Pros
Free Lunch, Paid Vacation, Free Medical/Dental.
Greatest Opportunity for any person
Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 25, 2017
Learned to operate in a world where rules change faster than the weather. Discipline, team work, dedication, team work and independence.
Hardest part about the job is time away from family.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Communication Technician
Communication Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 25, 2017
Inspected electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures to identify safety hazards for replacement or repair. Preventative Maintenance
Serviced equipment daily, reducing the need annual new equipment, leading to cost savings of $90,000 due to my Quality Control skills
Turned A Boy Into A Man
Aircraft Comm/Nav Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  WorldwideMay 25, 2017
Very enjoyable experience. Learned valuable skill sets that continue to assist me in my day to day life 13 years removed from service. Enjoyed all the travel and seeing the world.
Pros
Fighting for your country.
Cons
Low Pay
The foundation of my adult life.
Fire Direction Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 24, 2017
I would do it all over again any day if the week. The brothers I gained and the leadership I had instilled in are bar none. I feel that I went to best school anyone can attend .
Good place to be if you enjoy that atmosphere
Marine Corps Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 24, 2017
The Marine Corps has a strong camaraderie throughout the organization. It serves young enlistees great, but families will not be served well with deployments.
Fast paced, high stress environment, not for everyone.
Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 24, 2017
The hours can suck, there's a high op tempo during work ups and deployments and sometimes even when there shouldn't be any reason for a high op tempo. There are many times where you are treated like a child if you're a junior enlisted marine. If you can't handle the stress that comes with military life, don't join. However, the people you will meet are the best part of the job. You will bond with them and they will be your friends for life.
Not intelligence friendly
Cryptologic Linguist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HawaiiMay 24, 2017
Trained for over a year to do a highly specialized job, and was required to maintain proficiency in this field annually, but never spent any on the job time utilizing these skills. Military benefits are fantastic, but intelligence work in the Marines is very hit or miss.
Great Experience
Combat Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 24, 2017
You'll get out of it what you put into it. It's a culture not just a job, most days you don't have work hours if something needs to get done you do it. you get paid to workout and be in shape. promotions are non competitive till you get to E-5.
Pros
pay is decent, travel, paid vacation
Cons
time away from family
Discharged
Riffleman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 24, 2017
Being in the military is a tough job. I learned a lot being in the Marine Corp. I like the traveling and deployments. Living in the barracks were a challenge.
Experience
Maintenance Chief, Platoon Sgt, Heavy Equipment Op (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 24, 2017
Best served time of my life. Many memories that very few can experience especially when deployed in combat zones. Meeting people from all across the country. The United States Marine Corps is a cultural melting pot and the brotherhood that is created is forever. Semper Fi.
Pros
ability to serve the United States of America
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4