U.S. Marine Corps
5,462 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Productive work place/environment. Leadership was great.
Airframe Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great supervisors and work place.
Cons: job time was always pressured when it should not have been
A typical day at work consisted of fixing and maintaining airplanes in accordance with the appropriate manual. I learned a lot about hydraulics, sheet metal work, and leadership. The supervisors and co-workers were always supportive and positive and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was getting into very tight places to work with little – more... room to move and the most enjoyable part was successfully completing a task safely and confidently. – less
amazing
Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Reserve (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 19, 2014
I had an amazing experience and i learned a lot about myself everyone should serve in a branch of the service on a basic level before they enter the work force.
Always a Godd Option
Machine Gunner (Former Employee), United StatesOctober 18, 2014
The Military is always a good option for any patriotic person it is a difficult challenge but it will show you the type of person that you really are
Marines
Recruiter (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 18, 2014
Pros: insintives
Cons: long hours
Great job to have really enjoyed I,t got to see the lives of young men and women being changed for the better while serving there country.
Great people, hit or miss with your Chain of Command
Marksmanship Coach (0933) (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 17, 2014
Tons of training and great people to work with. Free medical, dental, and gyms.
Marine Corps Experience
Corporal - Machine Gun Squad Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, job security, fun work enviroment
The Marine Corps is a career and unique professional setting that in my experience, separates itself from other work environments. Each day is faced with a unique and different challenge! This allows you to use multiple skills you have acquired, learn new skills, and the ability to make fast decisions on a constant basis. There is no typical day. For – more... example, you could be faced with helping train other Marine personnel or international troops, be a spokesman and ambassador at an event to maintain positive public relationships, physically and mentally challenge yourself by successfully completing critical missions through arduous environments and situations, conduct humanitarian missions where a natural disaster has occurred, and be ready at a moments notice to tackle any problem that could arise in any clime and place around the world.
The management and personnel always changes, so you must be able to work with people from different backgrounds and comfortable collaborating with middle or even upper management. In the Marine Corps, even the lowest ranking official is expected to carry himself/herself as a leader.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion and experience is challenging yourself constantly to always perform at a higher level and to be the example at your profession that other Marines could follow.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference and to always work in a dynamic and changing environment. – less
Military
Security Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCOctober 17, 2014
Military work place. High pace work schedule pay and benefits are reasonably compared to civilian work.
Enjoyable for most of the time.
Personnel Clerk (Former Employee), Camp PendletonOctober 17, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits.
Cons: long hours, really exhausting at times.
A regular day at work would normally begin at 5:00am for a quick workout. At around 7:30 I would show up to work and begin with doing my routine work such as updating personnel status on the computer. As the day goes by it becomes either really exhausting by the amount of work I had to do on that day according to what was being passed down to me from – more... the Admin Chief. If there was any free time, I could just either spend it on increasing my job knowledge or talk with my coworker learning about each other. Typically, a work day ends at 4:30pm but occasionally if there was something else we had to do we could stay at work up until 8:00pm. There is also occasions when we have to stay for duty which is technically a security guard for a specific building for 24 hours straight. – less
easy going
Logistics and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2014
The environment was pleasant and enjoyable. people treated you with respect.
Best Co-workers on the planet
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: hours, lack of time for family
I loved the job and my co-workers. Couldn't have had a better experience.
Marine Corps AAV Mechanic
Combat Vehicle Basic Repairman (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2014
A typical day at this job would consist of coming into work and being assigned around 3-4 tasks to be completed for that day on the vehicles. I learned a lot about leadership and taking charge of the men I supervised. The senior enlisted were slightly unorganized, but however, that's just how the military is. The hardest part of the job would be the – more... amount of micro managing that is present. I personally don't like someone hovering over my shoulder when I'm trying to get the task at hand accomplished. The most enjoyable part of the job however is that I was usually working to complete the tasks given with the friends I gained while in the service. – less
Look past boot camp commercials
Infantry (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: friends
Cons: everything else.
If you are looking into joining any military branch, look past the commercials and recruiters. I joined and served my 4 years honorable with 2 combat tours. The leadership is a joke, your home life is non-existent, married Marines have it a little better. The biggest thing you'll learn is that you can get used to horrible conditions if your forced by – more... rules. The only good thing the military is the "benefits". Everything depends on who your chain of command is like. I only enjoyed my friends I met because you will be closer together than anybody else due to how bad it is. Individual experience may differ but don't fall for the hype. Join the air force if you want something easy, and before someone says "we have special teams that are super hard!" That may be true but your average day doesn't suck, you don't live in 30 year old barracks with 3 other guys. – less
Honor serving
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), CaliforniaOctober 16, 2014
During my tenure as a United States Marine I learned the value of teamwork. The ability to culminate so many different skills to work together as a well oiled machine during high stress situations solidifies the Marine Corps as the nations greatest fighting force. It has been an honor to be a part of this organization.
An energetic place to work
Transportation Assistant/E-4 (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 16, 2014
Process travel request, and arrange travel for military members via ground or air. Work daily with Air Mobility Command, Surface Deployment Distribution Center, and civilian airlines. Review invoices, liquidate outstanding balances, and reconcile monthly bills.
Best experiance ever
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), everywhereOctober 15, 2014
Pros: got to see the world
Cons: can be hard to balance personal life and military life.
Best thing I ever did getting out of high school. Showed me values I hadn't and wouldn't have retrieved if not for them.
Challenging and rewarding
Supply Administrative and Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 15, 2014
This Marine Corps was a very rewarding and challenging career.
Great way to learn responsibility and organization to include tact
Supply Administration and Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Quantico, VAOctober 15, 2014
I learned many things while being stationed in Quantico, VA. Everything positive to include negative aspects. While being attached to Material Readiness Branch, I learned to communicate with people on a daily basis and provide excellent customer service. I learned how to multitask and worked well under pressure.
I gained so many corpes values and valuable life expierences.
Administrative Clerk/Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCOctober 15, 2014
It was a good expierience but it is sometimes difficult to be able to balance such a demanding career and time with you family
Demanding workplace with high level of integrity.
Administrative Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: team success
Work hours vary depending on the current mission goals set forth from leaders. Procurement within the organization is far superior to many others. This is an environment that relies heavily on teamwork and dedication. Attention to detail and work ethic are the hallmark points of success. Working towards one goal is something that makes this job extremely – more... pleasurable. – less
good career
Avionics Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no really bad cons that i would have about this job
Had a good career in the Marine Corps and I'm retired now just looking for my next career that I can use the skills of leadership and mentorship that I learned in the Marine Corps.

1 2 3 4 5