U.S. Marine Corps
5,972 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Developed my leadership
Marine (Former Employee), HAwaiiJanuary 23, 2015
Great experience for any young person. You men and women learn about leadership in the Marine Corps. A typical day was training and readiness for deployment. Getting through boot camp was a challenge, but rewarding when finished. The best part was serving my country.
Loyal family-like work enviroment
Training Manager (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great bennefits
Cons: frequently relocate
My time as a Training Manager in the Marine Corps has taught me what it means to lead and manage personnel vice simply filling a position and giving orders. Leading from the front and by example is a must in order to get subordinates moving in a forward productive direction.
Typically I field phone calls and emails, plan training events and classes, mentor subordinates, interact with sections within the organization to maximize personnel and resources, coordinate progress and future direction via staff meetings, and relay updates to higher level management.
This position has been very fulfilling by giving me the opportunity to interact with many different facets of the Marine Corps.
Great!, if you don't like to be home.
1833 AAV (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: meet good people.
Cons: no work life balance
-Travel and Adventure.
-Spend a lot of time out doors.
-Have someone explaining what you did wrong.
-Get your own room.
-Get to play lots of games.
Very no-nonsense approach to work environment.
Corporal (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: creates a great building block upon which can lead to success in every avenue of life.
Cons: very demanding environment in general.
A typical day at work involves never ending training and mentoring of subordinates in job related skills, conduct and discipline.
work enviorment
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Providence Rhode IslandJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long work hours
Responsible for operating vehicles such as trucks, buses, ambulances, tractors, and wreckers. Delivers and transports supplies, records, and materials. Some days can be long some very short , all depends on the speed of how fast we work. Most work is done out doors. the hardest part of the job is having to work with the weather and your always working against time. besides that being an operator is a great job in the corps .
Decent benefits but multiple deployments and the fact that they don't care about you tells me that it was the typical government job.
Artillery Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2015
Wake up in the morning, be to P.T. by 5. Do your MOS related job until you go home.
A Way of Life
Manager of Training & Safety (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free healthcare, dental, housing
Cons: blue falcons, childish junior marines, working parties, field day, mandatory briefs, meetings, events
It is what you make it. If you apply yourself you will advance quickly through the ranks. Depending upon your career choices, air wing or ground, you will have different experiences, so it is up to you of what you make it.
Warehouse Clerk
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, North CarolinaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: hard work
• Performed various duties which included receiving, inspecting, locating, storing, rotating, safekeeping, issuing, preparing, shipping and material return, also responsible for the disposal of supplies and equipment as relates to ground supply operations
• Maintained hand held optical character recognition scanners, devices, and multimedia retrieval systems also licensed to operate MHE (forklifts, tractors, etc.) and handled bulk and small parts to include aviation parts and conveyer systems
• Maintained personal computer and mainframe locator systems, conduct inventories, maintain records of sub custody principal end items, monitor shelf life items through CD ROM and the mainframe support systems, also inputted data entry transactions and retrieved historical records
• Complied with fire and safety regulations; use protective measures for items in storage, including open storage lots and hazardous materials storage areas; establish field supply support areas
• Used detailed technical data from the Federal Logistics System in the care and storage program. Developed storage space requirements; and stored materiel per weight, cube, and clearance factors by categories of supply
Daily Work and Responsibilities
Field Radio Operator/ Safety Manager (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: serving your country, build skills to be a leader, build commuication and problem solving skills
Cons: very demanding, constantly travelling
I was responsible for training peers in their basic military skills and their respective military occupational specialties (specific jobs). Also, I ensured my unit's facilities meet the Marine Corps standard in both gear and work area were properly maintained. I was accountable for the serviceability, condition, and where abouts of all gear in excess of $3,000,000. Furthermore, I was also in charge of enforcing the rules, policies and standards of physical appearance of the Marine Corps..
Dedication to the mission and your Marines is all that matters.
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pandleton, CaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: leadership at its best
Cons: carrer/family balance is sacrificed constantly
Day to day operations can change with-out notice. Adapting and overcoming in all circumstances is breed into you. Finding the resources to complete the mission is key.
hard work, long hours, month's away from home,
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 21, 2015
It was a great life experience. Learned an abundance of valuable skills.Established a hard work ethic.Learned about several different cultures and types of people. Successfully was able to adapt to all walks of life. Became life long friends with a large group of other co-workers through both good and harsh times.
Orderly work environment with an importance placed on team work.
Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced work environment.
Cons: deployments and being away from family.
A typical day at work was spent analyzing problems with a number of aircraft, then planning maintenance actions for the duration of the day. I learned how to work well in a group and with other groups to accomplish tasks in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction of maintaining aircraft that serve our country.
Overall summary
CTPL CLERK (Current Employee), Camp PendletonJanuary 21, 2015
Typical days Is the same as being a CTPL Clerk. daily tasks are updating publications, auditing work centers, routing forms, providing training.
Productive and professional workplace
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: housing benefits
- Fun, relaxing, hardworking environment
- Fast tempo and effective pace
- The hardest part of the job would be realizing a past due task has
not been done throughout the office and trying to explain it to our
boss and the customer.
Very structured work environment with great benifits
Cyber Network Data Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp LejeuneJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: high work tempo, excellent support structure
Cons: intrusive lifestyle restrictions
The Marine Corps has instilled a great work ethic within me as well as an insatiable drive to continually identify issues and improve myself as well as the infastructure I am responsible for.
The Military
Organizational Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee), Abilene, Afghanistan, IraqJanuary 21, 2015
Being in the military is tough. It's the military, no one joins expecting a good life. It's not just a job or career but a life style. It molded my personality for the better.
You Will Never Encounter Men of the Same Caliber When You Leave.
0331 Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Greatest and worst days of my life. I learned how to be a man and how to be a brother and that my life isn't more important than anyone else's. I learned that little things that happen in our life are nothing to become upset over and that everyday above ground is a blessing. I learned not to take for granted anything because it can all be taken.
I will look back on my days in the Corps all the days of my life remembering who I was before and who It made me today, I will always remember my brother's who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you and I may continue living our freedom filled lives in the greatest country in the world. My only regret is that I had to join so young, now I will be searching the rest of my life trying to find something as pure and powerful to be apart of as the United States Marine Corps Infantry.
Good training for all young men
Sergeant, USMC (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 21, 2015
A great group to be a part of! But too structured of a life style for me.
Semper Fidelis
Warehouse Chief Manager (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: weapons
Cons: sleep
Managed $2.5 million budget annually while maintaining inventory records and conducting weekly ordering.
 Supervised 20 co-workers by assigning job duties and conducting bi-annual evaluations.
 Additional Management experience as Close Combat Instructor and Rifle Instructor.
 Service Summary: Non-commissioned Officer (E-5), National Defense Service Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Navy Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon, Navy Unit Citation, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation, Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
I worked seven years in the military learning trouble shooting and time management skills.
Organizational Specialist (Former Employee), cherrypoint NCJanuary 20, 2015
I have extensive leadership skills as a supervisor and maintainer. In addition, I have over seven years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing weapon systems, and electrical generating equipment in the U.S. Marine Corps. I am highly skilled in the removal and installation weapon systems with three years’ experience as a ground safety coordinator for multiple training environments while supervising twenty personnel. I am adept at multitasking, completing separate tasks, and accomplishing jobs one time. I functionally directed workflow for multiple federally inspected programs. I have adaptability in rapidly changing environments with diverse groups of people.

1 2 3 4 5