Deploy with the best. You will be grateful you did once you have your first joint forces exercise with the rest.
E-5 / SGT (Former Employee) – Jacksonville NC. – May 27, 2014
You want to guarantee yourself the best Leadership, Training, and best chance of survival in combat then look no further.
Things to remember.
1) Its a Rifle... Not a Gun
2) A DUI will get you the electric chair
3) Its an Ink Stick... Not a Pen
4) We are not the Army. So you don't wear your utility uniform to church while on boot leave, you don't get fat, you don't salute indoors unless your wearing a cover, you don't wear a cover indoors unless on duty.
5) By the way its a cover... not a hat.
6) It goes on your Grape... not your head. The head is where you make number 1 in a cup for your SACO (Substance Abuse Control Officer) after returning from a 96.
7) 96 is a 4 day weekend and they are your new best friend. aka free leave. 72 is a 3 day and for some reason no where near as exciting... not sure why.
8) Prior to anytime you get 3 or more consecutive days off for any occasion you can about guarantee that you and all the rest of the leathernecks in your Battalion or Squadron will be piled into the base movie theater for a "Safety Brief" or "Safety Stand Down". This is basically 4+ hours of STD education from a Navy Corpsman that drew the short straw and would rather be shot in the face than leading that briefing. WARNING!!! About an hour consists of slides showcasing some of the worst looking Genitalia ever captured on film and all of it will be badly riddled with every type of infestation imaginable. I recommend not eating till after its over.
That's pretty much the important stuff. The rest you can figure out on your own. Semper FI!
free food, free room and board, world travel, proud history and culture, best leadership, friendly drill instructors, relaxing recruit training program at 1 of 2 exotic locations, plenty of ammo
no hair, ugly woman, random long walks with everything you own and some other stuff on your back