U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 15,122 reviews matching the search
Competitive, disciplined environment.
Mission Assurance & Site Safety Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Highly beneficial culture that stresses leadership development, structure, technical competence and personal confidence. A breeding ground for highly adaptive, multi-tasking personnel capable of prioritizing goals in stressful environments. The best and worst part of the job can simultaneously be co-workers.
Pros
Military pay, medical and dental benefits
Cons
Constant travel and occassional hostile work enviornment.
I learned a lot when I was in the Marine Corp.
Diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I liked being in the Marines. I joining the Marines in November of 1975 right out of school. I learned a lot while I was in the and I would never forget
Pros
working was a relaxing jod.
Cons
Painting the machines
Stressful but highly beneficial
Corporal of Marines (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 21, 2017
Must be open to an intense form of management. My job worked minimum of 11 hours a day and occasionally weekends. Certain operations required 12 hour shifts 7 days a week.
Marine Corps
Integrated Maintenance Management Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Considered a band of brothers
Intense training
Computer work was never an issue was able to stay on top of my work
Our Staff NCOs worked well with with all of the marines
Life changing skills
Motor Vehicle Operator/Sergeant E5 (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 21, 2017
this job gave me skills required to better my self as a human being and it also allowed me to train and gain skills to find and work at more advanced jobs.
relaxed and routine
Wage Grade 9 (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 21, 2017
Everyday was routine and predicable. The couture was strict and sometimes demanding.Lots of opportunity to learn and advance within. The best part working as a civil servant was supporting the USA.
Pros
Supporting USA
Cons
Sometimes Demanding
Build a lot of character as a Marine
Enlisted/NCO (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Marine Corps builds a lot of discipline and core values, it truly is something that will change your life. Had a great part of my life with this branch and would do it all over again.
Pros
Family, values
Cons
Sometimes poor leadership
Good Job for type A personalities
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJSeptember 21, 2017
You cannot expect to be successful in the Marines if you aren't a hungry individual. You will be pushed to the absolute limits of your mind body and spirit at all times and expected to give more. And that is just Boot Camp.

Fleet life is like a 'normal' 9-5 but everything is competitive so if you want to succeed, bring your A game, or stay home.
U.S. Military
Avionics / / Radar Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  worldwideSeptember 21, 2017
As a career, the USMC offered the chance to get promoted and to learn a variety of new job skills and to travel which I enjoyed. Lots of travel was involved, but job security was paramount.
Pros
job security
Cons
lot of time away from family
Great if you need nothing but a structural environment.
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Joined to serve my country, never had intentions of staying around. Plan to go to college and get on with next phase of life. Stressful job, however learnt a lot of great life skills and management skills.
Oorah
Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Semper Fi! It was a great experience, truly worth it and you have a sense of accomplishment! You feel like you've truly made a difference! Definitely recommended!
good if your young
support equipment technician (Former Employee) –  MCAS Miramar, CASeptember 20, 2017
typical day is managing the maintenance for 100-500 assets. parts are often difficult to get. manpower was difficult to get. work center cultured varied during my time from miserable to awesome.
Pros
some travel
Cons
work is life for chunks of months at a time
Oorah
team leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Loved every second of being in the Marines I wouldn't take back anything. Awesome comrade awesome leadership and of course the best markenmens of the world.
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 20, 2017
Depends on your MOS (job) I only can talk about being an Infantryman. You always have to be on time, properly groomed everyday. Proper uniform of the day.
Great Culture, Great friends, Life long commitment
Radio Operator Active Duty Corporal (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 20, 2017
The Marine Corps is probably some of the best experience that you can get. You will be groomed into a total package for the civilian job market. The skills you will acquire will last you a life time.
its the Marines
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 20, 2017
we are the united states marines, we are the greatest fighting force ever assembled on the planet and we will gladly lay down our lives to ensure that every American can enjoy theirs
Pros
marines
Cons
marines
A mans gun club
Infantry Instructor Controller/Trainer (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CASeptember 20, 2017
although there are many jobs in the Marines, The infantry is the Backbone of the Corps. its a tough job and requires the best one has to offer to become part of true warriors
Pros
life style
Cons
long dred full days
Great Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great job working at the bowling alley! the staff was fun and very helpful teaching me about the bowling alley and the day to day tasks. I would recommend this job to anyone
Productive teaches you how to become an Adult
Rifleman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 20, 2017
This is most likely the best thing I have ever done in my life. As much as I disliked it sometimes, it has always helped me in the long run. This service taught me how to be a man and how to live a well life.
Pros
Marine Corp
Cons
Really Hard
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 20, 2017
Open up bar, stock, wait on customers, restock, count keno and cash drawers along with credit card balancing. Wait on customers, give excellent service