U.S. Marine Corps
6,670 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps United States Employee Reviews

Ooh Raa - great place to get life long experience
Staff Sergeant - ATC Electronics Tech (Former Employee), PI, Camp Pendelton, Tustin, Iwakuna, & BeaufortApril 22, 2015
Honorable Discharge, E-6 Staff Sergeant

Recruiter, Enlisted young men into the service of the Marine Corps.

Electronics Technician, tasks included maintaining, troubleshooting, and repair of communication, navigation, and radar equipment for Air Traffic Control Facilities.
the marines
Rifleman (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 22, 2015
when i worked for the marines you would wake up work out have a formation, do some classes or go out for some training and then you would do it all over again. Sometimes you would go out for 3 weeks for training sometimes you'd go out for 2 months. the training was always good you always learned something new in the field that could help you when your over seas.
Structured and Disciplined
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Okinawa,JP- Camp Lejuene, NC- Colts Neck , NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: Extended hours
I enjoyed working for such a prideful organization. 12-16 work days, team work, advance training always available. Leadership training, administrative guidance. Mentorship present.
There is no other job like it in the world.
E-2 Lance Corpral (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, Ca.April 22, 2015
Pros: Travelling
Firing m-16s, 60,50 caliber machine guns, and 105mm howitzers. I learned about the different types of ammo and about being a leader.I trusted management with my life. My co-workers from the east coast were great.Even though setting up the howitzers was very hard work getting to fire them made it all worth while.
USMC
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 22, 2015
It is the USMC. Either its for you or its not. It is definitely not a place for families. I learned a lot and had a good time. Not a whole lot else to say.
Great Organization all the way around
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Paid every 15 days, medical and dental is free.
Cons: Deployments depending on location
I served in this great organization for over 12+ years, and it has taught me a lot of great things as far as leadership, mentoring, time management, and many more things. You can not beat the pay, due the fact you get paid every 1st and 15th of the month. All your medical and dental benefits are paid for, so every time that you visit one of those two places you do not have to worry about paying anything. You are definitely guaranteed job security every four years, as long as you do what you are supposed to do.
Fun and exciting opportunity
Faculty Advisor (Current Employee), Camp JohnsonApril 22, 2015
Excellent place to work. Plenty of growth opportunity. Perfect for those who are extremely active and wanting new types of challenges daily.
Best Organization in the world
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee), West Palm Beach FloridaApril 22, 2015
The hardest part of it was going through all the training. Yet in the end it was the most satisfactory feeling knowing that I was part of the few who dared to join the Marine Corps.
Fast pace and challenging
Supply Administration and Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare, VA benefits
On a usual day, I would be at work by six o'clock am and take accountability of the troops. After I made sure everyone made it safely to work, we would do some kind of physical training exercise until eight o'clock am. As a supply specialist working in the Marine Corps, we are in charge of constantly keeping track of gear through consolidated reports and providing support by procuring items or equipment essential to the mission. On a typical day at work we would start work at eight o'clock am, if we were doing a work up for a deployment then we would be doing equipment transfers from other units scheduled throughout the week. Most of the time we are counting gear, spread throughout the battalion, and processing item requisitions for troops. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of different marines and travel all over the world. The hardest part of the job was training new Marines who came into this field of work. What I learned from working as a supply specialist was managing and using my time effectively to complete the mission.
I took great pride in serving my country, it was great.
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Established lasting relationships and served my country.
Cons: It was really hard being away from family.
I took great pride in serving my country. The military was instrumental in my biulding life long relationships, learning to communicate with others and the travel time was more than great. My time of service truly built my character as a human being and a man.
typical military
Training Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp lejuene, ncApril 21, 2015
Wake up early for morning PT, work late, a lot of people are promoted to higher ranks when the shouldn't be, But the peers always have you back.
N/A
Individual Material Readiness Asset Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 21, 2015
Okay environment to work in, fast-paced while maintaining 100% accuracy of certain job aspects. Diverse groups of people to interact with.
Great lifetime experience
AAV Commander (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 21, 2015
Managing your junior Marines on a daily basis to complete the tasks at hand is extremely important and rewarding. I learned a lot about leadership and management. Long hours instilled discipline in my body and I recommend joining the military to anyone.
The Corps is what you make of it
Lance Corporal (Current Employee), The WorldApril 21, 2015
Pros: Military discoun
Cons: 24/7 on call actually means that
Your typical day is doing the same thing you did yesterday and what you will do tomorrow. It all depends on your job and assignment.

I have learned to shoot a target at over a quarter mile. I can take apart an M16 and put it back together blindfolded. I have learned to give orders and take them.

Management is different depending on your unit.

Marines are all the same, that is why we joined.

The hardest part is learning to swallow your words and understand that it is "one size fits all" no matter the rank.

The most enjoyable part is having other people who are willing to listen and not afraid to tell you what's wrong to your face.
United States Marine Corps
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILApril 21, 2015
Being a part of such an organization has made me into the person I am today. Everyday our leaders would encourage us to become better than before and push us to for greatness.
Sergeant (Former Employee), CAMP LEJEUNE, NCApril 21, 2015
A typical day for a Marine infantry man would involve training on the job, traveling a lot to employ all knowledge learned in the school of infantry. Individuals in this line of work tend to be a little ruff around the edges, so this profession isn't for everyone. The hardest part would probably be home sickness due to constantly being in different environments within very small windows of time. Most enjoyable moments for me was always in the field working or being very independent at a young age.
Fast paced work enviroment.
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: opportunities
Cons: Long Hours
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities available. Allows for leadership positions with creates a very rewarding job.
Productive, exciting work environment.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Work environment, People, Gaining experience.
Cons: Physical labor
I learned how to supervise and manage personnel. How to be a great leader, leading by example, being dependable, experienced, productive. Best part of the job is the people you work with and how well you get to know people. Hardest part of the job is the physical labor of it.
Enjoyable and structured work place
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), twentynine palms, CAApril 21, 2015
Being in the Marine Corps was the best decision I have made in my life. I was taught discipline, structure, and how to work hard. I also got to enjoy watching over the junior Marines and teaching them day to day. I loved to work as a team but also being in charge. The benefits were worth the hard work that I put in for those 4 years.
Rough, intense and life changing.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Kailua, HIApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good people, friends and peers to work with. Steady income and benefits. GI bill.
Cons: Not much free time, Away from the family often, Rude and power hungry leadership. Incompetent leadership.
The Marines was a life changing event to say the least. I am incredible thankful I have completed this and earned the title Marine. Although, I would recommend some new eyes inspecting the higher ups in the Corps. Many of them I felt were corrupt or just in it for themselves and would screw over the "little guy" for career boosts. I am honored to have served with some of my best friends in the world and I would do anything for them. I just want the Marines to be a more positive place for the future generations to come. I would definitely do it all over again!

1 2 3 4 5