U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,322 reviews matching the search
The Corps
Fire Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dover, NJJuly 24, 2016
The Marine Corps Reserves has been a lot of fun, in my 5 years. I have gotten to do things that many people have not, I have been able to travel, and do everything a member of active duty does, but without having to sacrifice my home life completely. It does take its toll when I have to go away for 2 weeks every year, as that is 2 weeks away from my job on the civilian side, as well as 2 weeks away from loved ones and family, but that is obviously nothing to complain about when active duty counterparts are away for months at a time.
Extremely Productive and Educational
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 29, 2016
A typical day starts with morning PT. the mission of the day varies depending on what the company and platoon need to accomplish. you can go from sitting in a room all day to running around all over base to get qualifications, training, dental, or medical deadlines complete. i learned a lot about the afghan culture and how our enemies of the world think. some of the management needs to be changed. i have had some very great leaders in my past units whom i looked up to as a role model.
Pros
Free food, Free Healthcare, Dental And Life insurance. Free housing
Competetive and Challenging Evironment
Expeditionary Airfield Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 27, 2016
This profession has a very fast-paced work environment as well as a family oriented one. Self-motivation and initiative is a necessity. It can be very stressful but the supervisor and subordinate relationship definietly eases the load. The hardest part of the job is long hours and work weeks. the most enjoyable part was having the opporuinty to serve your country and do extraordinary things.
Pros
opportunities to do extraordinary things such as weapons systems, military vehicles and aircraft, and travelling.
Cons
long hours, stressful and high pressure environments
My Belief in my views
Director of Maintenance Operations (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ and Warner Robins, GaJuly 8, 2016
The typical day at work is a never ending state of change which I love. I have learned to be adoptable in every area of business and as a person. I love to work and learned new things about the business and my coworkers. I believe doing the bare minimum isn't good enough, you need to take pride in what you do to succeed in work and life. I enjoy in teaching/mentoring my fellow workers in that aspect. You are never wrong to do the right thing so do things correctly the first time!
Pros
Enjoy the work
Cons
Enjoy the work
Fast Paced and Tactical Enviroment with ethusiactic and motivating co-workers.
Motor Transportation & Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 21, 2016
Over-exceeded performance with the discipline to work through fatigue due to nonstop walking, lifting, and work. Firm and fair supervision to ensure and encourage work flow. The ability to multi-task and overcome last mintue task. Mental toughness to complete task in uncomfortable weather conditions. Plentiful exercise and training classes. Rifle marksman skills and tactical handling with different weapons.
productive place, fill with motivation and well driven leaders
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MCAS Miramar, CAJuly 8, 2016
One morning/day in the warehouse, I held a team meeting displaying the goals to accomplish for the day. My Boss came in and told me of a side project he needed to get done right away. Our task was to pack up and organized a few gear to be shipped out and support a military unit in the Yuma dessert, who were performing helicopter operations. We were able to assemble all the parts in record till and I coordinate with a shipping team to get it out to the dessert.
Serve your country
Sgt USMC (Current Employee) –  EverywhereJuly 18, 2016
This isn't a job that you just wake up one day and decide lets go be a Marine for awhile. It is a way of life that will stay with you even when you are no longer actively serving. The pay isn't bad once you have been in for awhile, but you don't join the Marines for the money, if you were joining the military for the money you would join the Air Force or one of the other branches. Overall if you are looking for a challenge in you life and the ability to do something only a few can say they have done, then this is the life for you.
Productive work environment under high stress
Motor Transport Operator and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 2, 2016
-typical day at work is busy and mission oriented
-learned about leadership, management, teamwork, operational skills, operating under stress
-management was tough but hard working
-co-workers were great people and became even better friends of mine
-hardest part of the job was not seeing family
-most enjoyable part of the job was being with my friends
Pros
long lunches, paid vacation, medical/dental benefits, college benefits, weekends off
Cons
stressful, away from family, long hours, 7 days per week sometimes
A part-time job and culture like no other
Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 2, 2016
You have to be in the Marine Corps Reserves to understand, but it's not for everybody, and for those who is it for it is a great life. This is not Active Duty, I have done both and often the Active Duty Marines that come off expecting something similar are disappointed.
Pros
Serve your country, see the world, gain life experiences you won't anywhere else
Cons
Democrats in office lead to cut backs, job loss, weaker military, less training, less advancements
Professional
Senior Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 4, 2016
Have an overall knowledge of the equipment capabilities, for telephony, radio, data, and cyber security communications. Determine equipment and operational readiness; and supervise personnel installing, operating, and maintaining communication, and data facilities. Have an overall knowledge of operations, budgeting, and administration in order to establish procedures and to assist with the direction and supervision of communication functions.
Marine Corps
Corporal/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 4, 2016
Life in the Corps is what you make of it. Although Mothers of America are ruining the Corps and its traditions, I wouldn't change it for a thing. We carry ourselves with pride, respect and dignity. You get out what you put into it. Its the best job in the world for those who want to learn and become a better person. You will always have those higher ups in charge that make no sense, tell you to complete stupid tasks but they all have a lesson to teach and learn.
Pros
Friendships, Bonds, Traditions, Uniform, Respect, Training
Cons
Hours, jobs, family time, mothers of america, softening like army
Productive and overall positive experience
Infantry Rifleman (0311) (Former Employee) –  MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HIJuly 6, 2016
I served for 4 years as an 0311 Infantry Rifleman, and while difficult at certain times, and sometimes facing somewhat bad leadership, it is overall a positive experience. There is much to learn and there will be lasting friendships with your fellow Marines.
Even if you do not stay in for 20 years, it is a great stepping stone into life, and you will gain much more confidence, professionalism, and a new outlook on life.
Pros
Life experience, fellow Marines, travel opportunities and benefits
Cons
Occasional bad leadership
Life Changing. It is what you make it
Master Gunner Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 6, 2016
The Marine Corps always does more with less. Sometimes that starts to wear on you, especially when you are able to work with other services and see how the other side lives. There is a lot of pride that comes with the title U.S Marine, which feels great, but also comes with a lot of responsibility. The Marine Corps has stricter rules than the other services. The Marine Corps cares more about personal appearance and physical fitness than the other services.
Pros
Life long relationships, rigid and strict lifestyle, and opportunity to learn life skills.
Cons
Combat, rigid and strict lifestyle, being miserable for days on end.
Established and Goal Driven Military Branch
Division Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2016
Daily work schedule was fast paced and strenuous with a defined goal.
I learned so much about myself in terms of leadership, supervision, chain of command, tactfulness, and physical fitness.
I gained a ton of management experience being a supervisor for the past 10 years.
There are many different approaches to co-workers and as a supervisor you must be able to adjust leadership styles to deal with each co-worker.
Hardest part of the job but also the most enjoyable part is the last second major changes to accomplish a mission.
Pros
Exceptional benefits
Cons
Time away from family
fast paced environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2016
A typical day started at 0530 in the morning with at least 1.5 mile run with in between stops were we did different types of exercises. Then we were usually released for breakfast at 630 and be back at work at 715. The rest of the day consisted of doing preventative maintenance on equipment and loading and offloading supplies on 7 tons. We would clean up for the end of the day and usually on a good day be let out at 4:30.
Pros
Everything was usually at walking distance
Hard but rewarding
Data Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 12, 2016
The United States Marine Corps can be a fulfilling career that can take you to a good retirement. The barrier for entry is a sound mind and being somewhat physically fit. Whether or not you decide to stay in for 20 years depends on your duty station and how your first enlistment goes. It turned out not to be the career for me, but I experienced a lot and the benefits were well worth my time.
Pros
Benefits, Comraderie, Physical Activity
Cons
Salary, Relocation17
A challenge for the few
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 16, 2016
Serving in the USMC is a challenging experience that I do not regret. It taught me an enormous amount about leadership, personal responsibility, and how to continuously better one's self on a daily basis. What I learned most while serving in the Marine Corps was how to be part of a team and how to lead a team. The saying "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" could not be more true. The Marine Corps gave me the confidence and ability to strengthen the skills I already had within me. My leadership and management abilities were sharpened drastically through my experience in the Marine Corps.
Pros
Awarded me great strengths
Cons
Little time with family
Very productive work environment.
Military (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 17, 2016
The Marine Corps infantry is a great place to make that transition from a child to an adult. There you will learn more about your self and your capabilities than anywhere else that I can imagine. You will learn the true definition of team work and how to become the leader. There is no failing in the marine corps, because the marine there to your left and toy our right will never allow it.
Pros
Health benefits for you and your family
Cons
High stress environment
Excellent organization that allows individuals to be a part of something bigger
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2016
Without the Marine Corps i would not be the person I am today. It has given me the ability to become a leader amongst Alpha mentality individuals. It has shown me that the comradre can be overwhelming and to not take the little things in your life for granted. I am honored to have served my country in a manner that has brought pride to my family, my name, and has defined me as an American.
Pros
Leadership opportunities
Cons
Time with family
Overall a great experience to grow as a person
Sergeant E-5 (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2016
In the Marine Corps I have learned to adapt and overcome, be a successful person and understand what it means to serve with Honor Courage and Commitment to my country. Serving in the military has been an overall learning experience to not only help myself but to help others no matter what gender, race or where they have come from.
Pros
Stable pay, medical and dental, healthcare, and plenty of off time
Cons
Separated from family for certain periods of time

4.4