U.S. Marine Corps
5,282 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Challenging
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Camp PendletonSeptember 20, 2014
Its the military goingt o be long hours and lots of rules. But, has great benefits and will get to meet good people.
High stress environment and sometimes long hours, but many perks
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: healthcare, dental, vison, education, free facility benefits
Cons: low pay, lots of travel, ready to move at any point in time
Typical day was maintaining communications gear if ever the need to go to war.
Learned about antenna signal propagation.
Micromanagement from top down.
Hardest part is you can be called into work at any time and stay for as long as it takes to get the job done.
Most enjoyable part is the close relationships build between co-workers.
Marine Life
Optics Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: medical and dental
Cons: unpredictability
Being in the Marine Corps. was a great experience. Leadership learned in the Marine Corps has greatly improved my confidence and ability to communicate with co workers.

The best part of the job was the chance to learn more than what my job was. The hardest thing about the job was the unpredictability of hours, and being deployed overseas.
Great work but lousy higherups
Supply Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, living quarters, family environment
Cons: body gets distroyed over time, lousy higher ups, some of them with not much knowledge
I had a great time in the Corps only grief was that we had to many higher ranking Marines, that would treat everyone below like garbage. Some of them didn't even know their own job.
A Day in the life of a Reserve Entry Level Training Assignment Coordinator
Reserve Entry Level Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: physical training
Cons: short lunches or sometimes, no lunch
My day began at 0600, I liked to arrive early so that I could watch and analyze certain behaviors of the new recruits. This skill enhanced my interview process in detecting erroneous or fraudulent applicants. Processing cancellations or drops seemed tedious when it came to contacting Recruiters regarding fraudulent entries. Time management is of the – more... essence in this position. Recruits have exactly 14 weeks to attain the title of U.S. Marine, every second is calculated and accounted for. Maintaining deadlines is a must! It is most rewarding to see self entitled children grow into responsible adults. – less
The Marine Corps is a great place to grow as a Leader
Quality Assurance Safety Officer (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 19, 2014
The Marine Corps has given me a great chance to be a leader and logistician.
I have grown into a man in the Corps.
If you are up for the hardest challenge of your entire life join the Corps.
United States Marine Corps Reserve
Warehouseman/Landing support/Fire Team Leader (Current Employee), Raleigh NCSeptember 19, 2014
I am in the USMC Reserves. I have the job of a landing support specialist and have been recently retrained as a warehouse clerk. I go into work 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer and do different jobs and activities every time including our annual training.
LOTS OF NEW PEOPLE TO MEET
Field Radio Operations Specialist (Former Employee), camp pendelton, caSeptember 19, 2014
This was both an educational experience as well as an opourtunhity to expand my horizons.
Very fast paced and constantly staying busy
F/A-18 Power Line Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, traveling, free housing and great job security
Cons: not a lot of time off, really long days
Most days were long and busy, but very enjoyable. The people I worked with were great people. At times there was a little lack of communication but in general, the job was good. I learned many things while being in the service other that the required knowledge of the job itself. Yet, learning and working on a aircraft could be pretty hard at times because – more... there is a lot to learn when it comes to the aircraft. The hardest part of it all for me personally was the lack of time you had to spend with your family. Being stationed 2,000 miles away made it hard to see them on my off time. – less
Once in a lifetime experience
Supply Administrative Chief (Current Employee), MCAS Miramar, CASeptember 18, 2014
The United States Marine Corps has taught me to grow as a Marine within the ranks of the Military and also as an individual. It was definitely a life changing experience that I would recommend to anyone and everyone that has an opportunity to become a U.S. Marine. You will never regret it.
A wonderful Experience and training
Diesel Shop Chief - Corporal (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: time away from home
Great training
Great Teamwork
Lots of travel

There is a positive feeling about contributing to you country.
Once A Marine always A Marnine
LCpl Communication Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Best training in my life, they teach you how to kill, give you discipline.

Honor Courage and accountability.

Brotherhood, Family
US Marine Corps
Warehouse Chief (Current Employee), Camp Lejuene, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Being in the service has taught me to manage my time wisely and be a team leader. Something that out in the workforce does not enforce. it has made me more goal oriented , more like a go getter.
Stressful and hetic day to day
Weather Forecaster/ Systems Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2014
Typical day at work would include creating weather reports for pilots and local area forecast for military units and updating web points and creating powerpoints.
Productive work environment.
Patrol Leader (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 18, 2014
It has great opportunities and I found exactly what I was looking for with no issues in between.
A thrill ride that you sign up for.
Linguist (Former Employee), Kāne‘ohe Bay, HISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: long breaks at time, shoot guns, and good people.
Cons: some repetitive training, some management, and time away from family.
There wasn't a typical day.

I learned more than I could in 15 or 20 years as a civilian.

Management can be good or bad.

Co-workers are some amazing people.

Hardest part of the job is once you have a family you change your mind about wanting to go and see the world.

Most enjoyable part would be the different experience and opportunities while in.
Very fast paced environment with a lot of responsibilities
Logistics Mobility Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, North CarolinaSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: micro-managed at times.
My typical day would consist of a few planning meetings with all the section heads. Come up with a good training plan for the Battalion while self sustaining ourselves. I learned how to manage my time and others, how to properly plan and execute training objectives. I managed 34 Marines and Sailors. The hardest part of the job was being away from my – more... family for long periods of times. The best part about the job was that i got to travel the world and see other cultures and traditions. – less
U.S. Marines
Marine (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Everyday was a great experience and it pushed you to be the best you could.
Great Job. I Loved it!!!!!!!!!
RP Instructor Controller (Former Employee), Palms, CASeptember 17, 2014
Working as a Marine was the best decision I've made in my life. Learned a lot, Lived a lot. School is paid for and the benefits are great. Some days can be very long but they are very much rewarding.
Amazing way to serve your country.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Quantico, VASeptember 16, 2014
The Marine Corps offers the opportunity to travel the world while proudly serving your country.

1 2 3 4 5