U.S. Marine Corps
5,134 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Love this job
Air Support Operations Operator (Current Employee), californiaAugust 27, 2014
Everything is perfect as far as this job goes. management was great.
Amazing experience
Lance Corporal (Former Employee), Pendelton, CAAugust 27, 2014
Given the opportunity to live in Japan for a year and experienced many life changing experiences.
Great branch to be a part of!
Supervisory Telecommunication (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed my time in the military. The Marine corps becomes your family away from home. The life and work skills I learned here feel endless when I look back. I am thankful to have served in such a wonderful branch of the United States finest men and women.
productive work place
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Red Bank, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 2 hours of lunch with access to state of the art gym
My workday would start at 06:30am and end around 7:00pm depending on the day. In my 9 years I have learned the different systems that the Marine Corps utilizes to coordinate travel, pay and check Marines, and also order writing systems.
Artillery Mechanic
Assistant Artillery Floor Chief (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: financial security
Fix Cannons like the M777A2 and the M198 howitzers.
order, re order parts for future use
Supervise service tickets were filled out properly
consolidate the daily report with the boss
instruct and preform preventative maintenance.
Physically demanding, traveling, and experience.
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: full dental and medical, housing, and benefits.
Cons: leadership, distance from family, over-worked, and little vaction time.
Through out my Marine Corp career:
-I was a supervisor, mentor, and counselor for several Marines under my charge.
-Everyday at work except weekends, involved morning physical training, normal 8-4 working hours. At work we usually went to training courses for our job in telecommunications, inspected gear, tested gear, training for deploying, and cleaned – more... before the end of the day.
-The hardest thing about this job was being so distant from family especially when deployed for 8 months or having little vacation time.
-At work I typically worked with about 25 Marines, all who where adaptive team players, hard workers, and friendly.
-The best part about the Marines, was all the opportunities we were offered to excel in our career, traveling the world, full health coverage, and school benefits. – less
Miss the people not the leadership
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: security and gi bill
Cons: leadership on a power trip
Long hours but great benefits in the end you meet a lot of great people and see a lot of places no other place have I met the friends I have.
Great place to work and room for advancement
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 25, 2014
Have a morning brief with coworkers to ensure we are on the right track to accomplish different tasks not just for that day but the overall month. Work as a team to ensure no one falls behind and everyone is getting the training they need to be successful.
Food sucks, life sucks, pay sucks, do it for the Experience then leave it behind you forever
Marine Recruit (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: everything else
The funnest part in the Marines is realizing that after 6 months away from home you only made enough money for a flight home and a bag of skittles.
Very versatile and the job includes a lot more than just your job
Corporal (Former Employee), MCAS Miramar, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, promotions
Cons: can interrupt free time
I have learned and grown so much. Interacting with many different people with different cultures was quite the experience. The job was job included being actively involved on a personal level with every single individual you work with.
If you're looking for a challenge...
Electronics Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, promotions
Cons: long hours
Only strong minded individuals need apply. Greatest fighting force in the world. Physical fitness is a priority but don't expect anyone to hold your hand. It's up to you to develop yourself.
Eight Years in The Marine Corps
Maintenance Management Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NC; Quantico, VAAugust 24, 2014
There is nothing typical about a day of work in the Marine Corps. Every day is a different day, it's either better or worse than the previous day. Being a Marine is all about learning something new everyday. If you aren't learning something new, then you weren't paying attention to your surroundings. Let's just say when it comes to being a supervisor – more... in the Marine Corps, there is always room for improvement. Hardest part of being a Marine is living up to the expectation 24/hours a day 7 days a week. The best part of being a Marine is, exactly that. You are a Marine and you represent the United States of America. – less
Highly Demanding
Data System Technician Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee), NCAugust 24, 2014
In this job there is no such thing as a typical day but if i had to define one it would be something along the line as follows. Wake up hours before you have to be to work clean up work out then shower and get ready for work and get to work early. After finally at work then it do things as they come up network drops fix it call comes in about locked – more... account fix it and so on and so on. It is a fast moving and highly demanding keep up or your done. – less
Best military branch
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2014
I have learned so much about myself and others. Being a Marine helped me discover my strengths and weaknesses.
Very High operations tempo
Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: deployments, comradarie, espirit de corps, tradition, technical skills development
Cons: military drawdown from "sequestration"
At shifts beginning, a complete tool and equipment accountability inventory is completed. After which, all Marines walk from one end of the flight line to the other to sweep for debris that could potentially be dangerous to the maintenance personnel or helicopters during flight operations. There is a daily flight schedule, where I supervise Marines – more... preparing aircraft and certifying aircraft "safe for flight." During flight operations, any helicopters requiring maintenance are being repaired by qualified maintainers. My job is to supervise and inspect the maintenance performed to ensure all steps are performed properly and safely.

In the past six years I have learned about all the technical aspects of H-1 helicopters, as well as advanced mechanical skills. I have become a technical expert in my field, H-1 Helicopter mechanic, capable of troubleshooting, identifying discrepancies, and performing the repairs required for safe flight operation.

The senior Marines I have had in charge of me have been outstanding mentors to me. The supervisors over me held the title "Division Chief" and were the rank of Staff Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant. Each Marine has taught me different styles of leadership and has improved my proficiency in learning about the theory of operation of the H-1 helicopters.

I consider Marines that hold the same rank as me my co-workers. We all work as a team, keeping each other motivated and accountable. We double check each others work to prevent errors or the occurrence of defects, as well as ask one another for help or advise when problems arise that we cannot solve by ourselves.

The most difficult part of my job is being entrusted with the mentoring and development of my subordinate Marines, helping them solve both personal and professional problems as they arise. I believe that this is also the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job as well. This allows me to ensure my Marines are ready and willing to be completely focused on the mission and readily deployable at a moments notice. – less
Productive fast paced environment
Recruit (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: very structured daily scheduel, healthy meal plan
Cons: stretch for proper time for gear prep
A typical day would be un-seemingly structured and extremely fast paced and very rewarding.
We were taught to trust our instincts and to not second guess ourselves or those we were working with.
Management was extremely efficient in their jobs and the handling of employees.
Co-workers were overall very helpful when working on specific tasks.
The hardest – more... part of this job was working so closely with so many individuals or the same gender and age.
The most enjoyable part was to watch myself and my peers succeed at somewhat overwhelming tasks, watching everyone come together as a team and help each other through tougher times. – less
High work tempo, Need initiative, and a hard work ethic
Squad leader (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: comradery, the oportunity to learn how to be a leader, great opourtunity for promotion, great benifits
Cons: no time for family life, gone for months at a time, you looked at as a expendable asset
During my time in the Marine Corps I have never loved and hated so much the Marines to left and right of you will become your best friends., the individuals that are incharge of you can be truly great leaders but at the same time you my go to a new command and be surrouned by leaders that could care less about the welfare of their troops and are only – more... there for there on personal gain.If u are looking for a challenge and the oportunity to push yourself to points that you thought your body and mind would never be able to go then give it a shot . – less
serving my contury
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), the goldeAugust 23, 2014
Pros: being a marine
Cons: going to war
looking back on it the Corps was the best time of my life. Got to see the world didn't love all of it but got to work with the must motivated dedicated and hard charging marines this country had to offer.
Greatest Job you will ever have
Infantry Rifleman Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the brotherhood
Cons: sometimes you have bad leadership.
The US Marine Corps is the greatest collective fighting force on earth. I wish that they would quit trying to accommodate people and keep it hard. It is elite because it is hard! The people you work with will become family. You will love to serve them and look out for them. Ten years after going to Iraq I am still in contact with many of those that – more... I went to combat with and am closer to them than I am my own family. There will always be jerks and other people that you don't like, just like any other job, but for the most part it is amazing.
I miss getting paid to workout, learn different weapons systems and my brothers. – less
A lifestyle you'll never forget
Squad Leader / Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), WorldwideAugust 22, 2014
A great job if you dont mind being the low man on the totem pole.

1 2 3 4 5