U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

retired
Gunnery Sergeant, Rank E-7, Retired (Former Employee) –  EverywhereOctober 18, 2017
retired from the military after 15 years. Deployed plenty, trained a lot, managing schedules, personnel, and training are high paced, and can be very stressful.
Usmcr
Supply Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 18, 2017
Good for part-time position.
I only go in once a month for drill in which we complete the tasks of Active Duty Component. We are required to complete the same tasks with less time.
Fast Pace / Always Active
AVIATION SUPPLY LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 18, 2017
Check what parts need to be shipped out to there destination.
make sure all parts are properly coded right and in thes right container. Make sure all supply reports are done on time. Accountable for all Aviation Parts.
I learned how to manage supply parts and how to properly conduct the distribution of a part. I learned how to properly manage the logistic system.
Hardest part of the job was getting paid low salary for long amounts of hrs.
Meeting new people and traveling.
Pros
Got to learn alot of Avation Supply function
Cons
Pay salary
Usmc
Motor Transport Vehicle Operator, Reserve Unit (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed every incredible, amazing, fun, miserable, terrifying, exciting, crazy, beautiful second of my time in the United States Marine Corps. It made me strong mentally and physically and prepared to take on any challenge life has to throw at me.
Marines
Senior Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 18, 2017
I was an active duty Marine so I had to conform to whatever leader was placed in the position. They treated me fairly and abided by the rules and regulations while i was employed.
I would do it all over again
Marine Liaison & Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2017
Best career choice I have made. I love being a Marine and working with the Men and Women of extraordinary character from across the United States to defend the constitution and the American people.
Pros
Family, Travel, leadership development a motivation
Cons
Wear and tear on your body over time.
Exceptionally Outstanding
Ground Support Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCOctober 18, 2017
I think that the Marine Corps speaks for itself. Benefits, room for growth, knowledgable co workers, respectful environment, exciting fast paced days and never a dull moment.
Us marine corps
Aviation Supply Officer ( LtCol) (Former Employee) –  Throughout the US and foreign soilsOctober 18, 2017
Great military organization to have a career with. Demanding and stressful at times but super retirement benefits. Will forever use the total education and lessons learned throughout my 30 year career.
Pros
Upward mobility based on production and achievments.
Cons
Long deployments
Discipline will be gained in spades.
Aviation Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCOctober 18, 2017
Love the bonds that were formed. The friends that I made while in, are friends for life. The hazards of being in any branch of service are always present, but the life lessons gained while in are profound.
Great place to be if you are single.
Technical Controller (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 18, 2017
The hardest thing about the job is all the time away from family. If you are a single parent this is NOT the place for you. The work life balance is a struggle.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Inconsistent Schedule
why require this?
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 18, 2017
I find this part a waste of time and for a requirement I'm to keep this to 150 characters min. I'm almost there, only 33 more. Not quite yet, I believe this is it!
Fun easy and relaxed work environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 18, 2017
Worked directly with the Marines living on base. In charge of staffing three rooms in the recreation center, video game room, library/movie room, and the office in which people could rent movies laptops and other electronics out of for a short period of time.
Squad leader
Marine Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 18, 2017
On a daily basis, I would make sure my marines in the squad were present to the daily training activities that we had to accomplish. I also Led multiple classes and learning scenarios to the new and younger marines.
Pros
Fixed income
tip of the spear
Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Just go and do it. Do not sit around and wonder what if. Time will not stop and your odds of growing into a more rounded individual will be lowered to zero.
Marine Corps
Basic Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
Hardest training to enter worst of the branches once your in. Wouldn't want it any other way. We are the few and the proud, usually. Don't let the scumbags bring you down. You are the creator of your own path based off your actions here.
Pros
Medical, lodging, Ta
Cons
occasional bad leadership
Great military, horrible leaders
AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT VEHICLE CREWMAN (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work for me during my last year as active duty consisted of 14+ hours work days and ridiculous amount of physical training. Huge lack of leadership and marine welfare.
It's the Military
Intelligence Analyst and Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAOctober 17, 2017
The Marine Corps is exactly what you make of it. It's worth every second if you choose to have a positive outlook. The memories and skill sets developed will last a lifetime.
high tempo and rewarding career experience
Officer (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day begins at 0700 after some physical training. I often engage in meetings with executive leadership, review the plans of the day and week with my staff, and develop a plan to accomplish the tasks for the day / week depending on what resources I have and how much time I have to do it. The hardest part of my job is both talent management because there is a huge demand for Marines with my skill set across our workforce. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get from mentoring and leading Marines.
Pros
Medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Cons
extremely long work hours, long deployments away from home, sometimes high stress.
Make you a man
Lance Corporal (Former Employee) –  MCRD San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
while your state side its all good and fun, normal 8 hour days and weekends usually off... once deployed though thinks change and you are now at work 24/7
Usmc
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKOctober 17, 2017
The Marine Corps was and still is one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my lifetime. Challenging yet rewarding, it was this institution that made me the man I am today.