U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,440 reviews matching the search
Energetic and in depth.
Ground Radar Maintenence (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 20, 2017
The fun part of this job was how in depth we went with our trouble shooting and how strong the esprit de corps was unparalleled. The drive for mission accomplishment was second to none.
Its the Marines
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 19, 2017
I met some great friends that I still have 20 years later. I was deployed overseas 3 of the 4 years and got yelled at...a lot, but hey, its the Marine Corps, what would you expect?
Pros
travel, people
Cons
travel, people
Usmc
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJuly 19, 2017
The United States Marine Corps, is a job for the select few. It is a tough, but rewarding job. If you take advantage of what is provides, it is defiantly worth it. The hardest part is being away from friends and family.
Good experience
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed being a Marine, benefits were great. There are long days and short days but that comes with every job. Great experience for anyone who's interested.
Great experience
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  K-bay HawaiiJuly 19, 2017
Best thing I ever did would recommend it to all high school students. It will turn your life around if you don't know what you're doing. You will mature in the crops
You've got to want it.
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 19, 2017
Not for everyone. It's not what you think. A lot of pride but also; take what you THINK the Marine Corps is, and I guarantee you it's not like that...
Perfect work environment for self-improvement.
Aviation Electronics Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2017
The Marine Corps is the perfect environment for shaping well-rounded individuals. There are many different areas of the institution that provide the training and expertise that most civilian sector firms desire.
Pros
Work and life balance
Average
V22 Osprey Flightline Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2017
The benefits were great for my family, though the job itself left much to be desired. The work is hard and most people are treated very poorly. It's no wonder why the re-enlistment rate is so low. The new Corps is nothing like the old Corps. I wish I could be a part of the Marine Corps 50 years ago.
Great experience!
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 19, 2017
I served 11 years and loved it. Great benefits and loved serving with several thousand of my closets brothers and sisters. The only down side was being away from my kids so much. I highly encourage you do your homework before joining and make surer you know what you are getting into.
Pros
Get paid to workout! Killer uniform!
Cons
The bottom 10%
Semper Fidelis!
Fiscal Clerk / KC-130 Aircraft Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 19, 2017
Proudly served for nearly 10 years. I was able to see the world and mature as an adult during time spent in North Carolina and California. I do not regret my time served one bit. Oooh Rah!
Us marines
Supply Administration and Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJuly 19, 2017
It was a good experience. I got to deploy to different places and travel and meet a lot of different people in the process. Easy to rank up if you have the drive to do so
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
long field excercises
What I learned
Aviation Supply Clerk, Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 19, 2017
I learned to be confident in the work you do, adapt to situations that arise. Push forward no matter what, help those around you and remain focused on the task ahead.
Oorah!
Supply Admin Clerk / Martial Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 19, 2017
Get a head start on your life with a career that you can never be fired from. Great benefits to those to complete a full four year sentence. Trials and tribulations await those hungry for hardships and long drawn out periods of waiting. These moments though will make a bond with your fellow warfighter so deep most people would question your morality.
Pros
Benifits, Blow things up, Shoot Weapons
Cons
Weather, waiting, endless cleaning of clean objects, waiting
Rewarding
Marine Corps-Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 19, 2017
Wake up early and keep the mind and body in shape. A normal day consisted of preparing to go on operations to practice our craft. Most enjoyable part is going through tough situations with good people.
No regrets
E4 Corporal (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 19, 2017
I had a great opportunity to service and learn more about who I am and can be as a man. I got to see the world and loved every minute of that. My time in the Corps will never be forgotten.
Fun place to work; lots of changes thru my time there
Accounts Receivable / Assisted bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 19, 2017
Very nice place to work; would recommend to a friend or relative.

The job was changing positions in the business office at the time. You had to remain very flexible to the changes.

Enjoyed my job; just bad timing on the position.
Pros
Very nice people and environment
Cons
Changes in Staffing
Honorable Service
KC-130 Crew Chief/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 18, 2017
Tough to go through boot camp but the outcome was well worth the hard work. You'll be working a lot and my job allowed me to travel around the states and globe. No one else would pay me to do the same.
Marines
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
The Marine Corps gave my a great 4 years of learning and experience. I was able to travel the world twice and form bonds with people as strong as family.
Productive and very exciting
SGT E-5 (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
Over my time in the marine corps was very quick. I was always on the move and doing many Operations. If you like a job with a lot of excitement and thrill. The Marine Corps is where you want to be.
Pros
Benefits, the work environment.
Cons
work hours
great
Honorable discharge, rank of Corporal (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 18, 2017
serving in the military was both challenging and rewarding. I learned many things about myself I didn't know. Learned many cultures and got to see the world.
Pros
people
Cons
stressful at times