U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,292 reviews matching the search
A brotherhood you wont forget.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 23, 2016
Some of the best memories I'll ever have with a good group of guys whom got stuck in some tough times together but made the most out of it.
Hard work, Intensive schedule
Telecommunications Equipment Installer Repairer (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 23, 2016
I had an amazing time in the Marine Corp. I was able to benefit a lot from it. From the schools to the deployments. I learned something from everyone and took with me the goods and the bads of multiple leadership examples. It wasn't easy though. The work hours were demanding. The back to back deployments were hard not just on me but my family as well.
Pros
Leadership abilities
Cons
Getting killed on the deployment
Relatively easy work, guaranteed pay
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2016
The work environment was comfortable, but I just didnt really agree with the fact that the fate of my career was in someone else's hand most of the time the person doesn't even know me or my work ethic.
Pros
Benefits, guarenteed pay
Cons
Schedule
best time of my life
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Former Employee) –  NumerousJuly 23, 2016
Did this because I had no plans after high school. Best decision I ever made to serve my country. Willing to sacrifice your life to protect the freedom of others is a very gratifying feeling and I will still do so if need be
Pros
served my country
Tiring but very productive....
Field Radio Operator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 23, 2016
Training will be tough but efficient. You will be tired, but once you earn the title of United States Marine, it will always be worth it every time.
The best years of your life.
3043 - Supply Adminstration Operations & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 23, 2016
It gave me a good idea of what I am capable. It provided me with training that I was able to use in the civilian world. If not for the Knuckle heads in my company, I would have made this a career.
Gives you skills that no where else will teach
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 22, 2016
The marine corps was very good to me, I was able to travel the world multiple times and experience some cultures I never thought I would. They teach you how to be a leader, a hard worker, a team player and how to be a good personal all together.
Pros
travel, steady paycheck, promotions, paid vacations
Cons
Long time away from home
No Summary needed
Runway Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJuly 22, 2016
If I need to go into detail about the Marine Corps advertise on TV or from friends or the recruiters have not done their jobs. Best time of my life, met a lot of life long friends there who I am proud to call my family. Not a better job out there.
Working with the best
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 21, 2016
A typical day in the Marine Corps would depend on what MOS you had chosen. In the field that I had chosen was fairly difficult, ranging from field ops to patrols to help enhance our abilities in a real life situation.
Pros
military benifits
Learned a lot
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 21, 2016
While serving in the USMC I was able to travel, learn new things and meet great people. I was unable to get the job I would have liked to had but overall I would say being a Combat Engineer I had a good time learning different things such as basic construction, demolition/explosives, hand to hand combat as well as weapons training.
Fast Paced and Tactical Enviroment with ethusiactic and motivating co-workers.
Motor Transportation & Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 21, 2016
Over-exceeded performance with the discipline to work through fatigue due to nonstop walking, lifting, and work. Firm and fair supervision to ensure and encourage work flow. The ability to multi-task and overcome last mintue task. Mental toughness to complete task in uncomfortable weather conditions. Plentiful exercise and training classes. Rifle marksman skills and tactical handling with different weapons.
Great experience
Avaition ordnance technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 21, 2016
I had an amazing time in the corps traveling the world and the camaraderie of fellow marines. It's a great feeling serving our great country and an even better feeling knowing the man or woman beside me had my back.
USMC is a Force in Readiness around the globe
Retired Sergeant Major (E-9) (Former Employee) –  Various USMC InstallationsJuly 21, 2016
USMC is the 911 force of the United States responding to any crisis in the world. Tough training and discipline. Would not serve in any other armed services.
Best job ever
Infantry Squad Leader and Heavy Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJuly 20, 2016
This place is amazing, great people all working in unity. Gave me an excellent opportunity to meet new people while also traveling the world!
Very Stressful but rewarding
KC130J Airframe Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CAJuly 20, 2016
Very Stressful job but rewarding. 16+ hr days but seeing the aircraft take off safely and land safely is very satisfying and rewarding.
great learning period
Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2016
i learned a lot about myself in the marines. good times and bad times. learned a lot of important skills that carried me over to the civilian world but the managment could have been way better.
Great branch of the military
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2016
I get to work with the Navy to get medical supplies to many units that need them in order to keep or Marines and Sailor healthy
Pros
government benfits, travel and great jobs
Cons
competing with others of the same rank to get promoted
Loved it
Ground Communications Organizational Repairer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NC 28542July 20, 2016
Loved being in the Marines the people the job the pride and well taken care of you always have somebody to have your back no matter what the situation.
Best of times
UAV Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 20, 2016
The experience that I had in the Marine Corps is beyond words. Made life time friends and learned a variety of skills that has set me up for life
Professional Workplace with plenty of training tactics
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 20, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps. I was able to deploy, spend a lot of time in the field and acquire skills that I'll retain for life.
Pros
Free Medical and Dental Treatment
Cons
Bad leadership, corruption, poor finances

4.4