U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 13,082 reviews matching the search
Being a Marine
Supervised and lead (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAMarch 28, 2017
Best job anyone can ever have. The opportunity to lead the best military group in all the world. nothing better out there than to being a Marine. Best part is knowing that you have earned everything you get.
Very nice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 28, 2017
I would highly recommend the relief society to anyone. I absolutely loved my time volunteering there. The workers and other volunteers are fantastic to work with.
great learning experience
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 28, 2017
Everywhere you go there is someone there willing to expand your knowledge on everything, from how to do the job more efficiently to how to balance various challenges. I have learned more about the world and more about myself being a part of a culture so magnificent. The people there are easy to talk to and are willing to help you in countless ways. The hardest part would be balancing multiple tasks at hand in a short period of time. But the most enjoyable part is being able to learn a multitude of knowledge from the experiences of the people around you.
The Corps
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 28, 2017
Joining the Marine Corps was the best thing that ever happen to me it's no walk in the park but once you get the hang on how the military is everything become easy.
Its the Marines
Student Control (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 28, 2017
It will be some of the most exciting and fun times of your life coupled with some of the worst times of your life. I wouldn't think twice about joining again.
Great Experience With Endless Opportunities
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 27, 2017
I served my 3 and a half years in the marine corps honorably, I had the ability to become proficient in my job by learning how to research and build timely intelligence products for my commanding officer about the current battle space environment while mentoring a group of junior marines. I also had an amazing mentor who taught me all of the skill I needed to be a successful marine.
Pros
Long breaks, benefits
Cons
Time away from home
Platoon Sergeant & Training Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 27, 2017
Entry pay not so great. Entry level work not so rewarding. Great training, awesome skills, team environment, great benefits, great college benefits. You get to learn and do more in one year than your peers back home do their entire careers. When you get out, the world doesn't care about you like your brothers did. Big deal. We stand tall and keep leading the way!
Pros
Only the best can do it
Cons
Pay
USMC reserves
1341 engineering equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2017
A typical work day is arriving to work in the proper uniform and getting to work on equipment. As an NCO, you also have to mentor and counsel your junior marines.
Pros
Motivating, great peers, amazing life experiences
Cons
terrible budget, constantly making things work, (i.e. using your own health insurance to complete an annual PHA, not having range coaches or budget to send marines to combat maksmanship course)
is it necessary to review?
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paris Island, GAMarch 27, 2017
The USMC isn't a job or a career, it's a life choice. It creates a lifestyle and changes your perspective on life. Live it and breathe it, grow from it.
Best decision of my life
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMarch 27, 2017
Joining gave me drive to want to be something instead of coasting through life. The comradery the the USMC has is second to none. The USMC changed my life for the better.
Great way to become part of a family
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 27, 2017
With being in the marines it gave me an opportunity to travel and have more then just a job but also become part of a family and lead others using great quality and trade skills as we was trained to do.
Pros
you get to meet new people and travel
Cons
not everyone is nice or the same
Productive and humbling work experience
Aviation Maintenance Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 27, 2017
The toughest 4 years of my life were spent in the Marine Corps and I was very fortunate to have great leaders. I learned that nothing comes easy and that hard work will always pay off. I learned the importance of working as a team by focusing on your weaknesses and making them stronger. Being able to carry your own weight in the workplace makes the job as a team easier. I learned to work during stressful situations and not letting stress get in the way of work. I realized that striving towards being the best at what I do will always make life and work easier. I was able to learn how to take orders and make sure my work is not just good but great.
Pros
Traveling, Free Gyms, Benefits
Cons
Away from my family, food wasn't great, stressful enviroment
Stressful and Challenging Training Environment
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMarch 27, 2017
Officer Candidates School was 12 weeks of the toughest, most mentally and physically challenging environment I've ever gone through. They taught us how to be leaders when we were exhausted and didn't think we could go any further. We learned how to operate and make decisions under extreme pressure. In a typical day we would walk/run almost 30 miles, workout for 3-4 hours, have 4 academic classes, and be under constant "supervision" from our 4 Sergeant Instructors.
Pros
Great training environment
Cons
Very tough mentally and physically
Marines
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Japan, Korea, Phillipines, Australia, AfghanistanMarch 27, 2017
Typical day at work involved coffee, very early in the morning.
Reaching out to other Marines to coral them for formation or if higher needed something. Go to office and conduct plans for training.
Juggling between personal goals and tasks required from others was sometimes a little hectic, but becoming resourceful was necessary.
Hardest part of the job was the conditions when not in garrison and always jumping to when someone needed something without hesitation.
Most enjoyable thing was the brotherhood and comaraderie.
Pros
Job securit
Cons
Work hours and conditions
Great
Fire Direction/Controlman (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIMarch 27, 2017
I love the Marine Corps. Everything else I have done has been compared to my time in the Corps, and nothing has ever been as good as it was here. The skills I learned here are not always applicable to life as a civilian, but the work ethic and need to work as a team have been very useful.
Pros
free food, home, and healthcare. Lots of travel.
Cons
Might be killed/ maimed in war.
Do as you're told
Airframes and Hydraulic Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New River, NCMarch 27, 2017
Work 10 to 12 hour shifts everyday, including some weekends. Learn a lot. If you want job security and like being told what to do without asking any questions, then this is the job for you.
Very exciting and fast-paced
Career Planner (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 27, 2017
I have been in the USMC for over 25 years. Best decision I made. I traveled and learned many skills. Leadership, counseling, decision making and pride of belonging.
Excellent work culture
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort LeonMarch 27, 2017
Being active duty military instils discipline and hard work ethic. Each day is a set routine which helps to maintain a certain order in ones life. Which can in turn be translated into life after the military.
MIlitary service is what it is.
Corporal of Marines (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2017
Go see a recruiter. If you want to be pushed to the max both physically and mentally then this is the line of work for you. It is also very very rewarding.
Good technical skills learned
Avionics Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 26, 2017
Performed scheduled/unscheduled and preventative maintenance on 37 aircraft in a fast paced environment to meet operational schedules while Supervising, training and mentoring to 55 maintenance techs in a work center facility and ensuring maintenance was performed safely and observing safety precautions.
Managed Division’s workload ensuring tasks were carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
Monitored source data collection, assisted in the preparation of reports and records, and assisted in planning and scheduling of work assignments.
Conducted work center Physical Training to maintain workers in Military Physical Fitness and Weight standards, resulting in Achievement Awards including meritorious promotions and Iron Man Awards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4