U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 11,682 reviews matching the search
Nice
Infantry (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 26, 2016
Amazing Experience, Good people to work with, Always something new. Gets to travel. Never boring. There is a lot of moral and a lot of different things to learn within the Marine Corps.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
dangerous
Diffrent Lifestyle
Field Radio Operator and Communications Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 26, 2016
I will miss the marine corps everyday. the things ive learned while in I will always have with me. I will miss the people not the places or some of the horrible leaders. but I will miss my peers and the ability to teach to the younger generation everything I know
Pros
1000s of Friends, Great Benifits, Great Leaders
Cons
Some Terrible Selfish Leaders
Toughest Job you'll ever love
E-4, Corporal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
The recruiter never promised anyone a rose garden however, if you're tough enough and willing to sacrifice for your brothers and your country, the Marine Corps is Great!!
Very rewarding
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 26, 2016
Best times of my life. I feel it was the most proudest and self rewarding thing I've ever done. To serve this country was an honor unlike no other. Traveling and meeting new people and understanding other cultures was very rewarding and eye opening.
You are not fighting for freedom.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HISeptember 25, 2016
Do not join the military. Go to school and learn a skill. The recruiters will lie to you and, while the military is great if you have a herd mentality, it isn't great for individualists.
Pros
friendships
Cons
working for the government
Exciting and fast-paced working environment
Ground Radio Repairman (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 25, 2016
My job in the Marine Corps allows me to have a relationship with Marines of all ranks and grades. Typically the day starts around 0700, and lasts till around 1700. The work involves all forms of communication, for example; we physically work on our communication gear, we relay messages from one unit to another via a wide variety of systems, and we also educate other Marines on how to properly use, clean, and maintain their own gear. Because every unit requires Communication, the job I have been trained to do allows me to meet and develop a working relationship with every level of management the Marine Corps has to offer. Small unit Leadership helps drive the every day functions that my shop is required to do, and helps everything run smoothly.
Pros
Small unit Leadership, management at all levels in the chain of command
A club for Men
Hydraulic/pneumatic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2016
Lots of travel, discipline, and brotherhood. Fair pay and promotions for those who work for it. Good benefits and perks.
fast paste and physical job
ARMORY CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NC 28542September 25, 2016
it has it ups and downs, if you don't like waking up early in the morning this isn't for you, if you don't like getting yelled at this isn't for you and if you are lazy this is not a job for you. it a life experience that youll never get any place else but the USMC.
Pros
you get paid reguardless, you learn so much/knowledge
Cons
your on salary
Hardworking and Dedicated workplace
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  Parris Island, SCSeptember 25, 2016
Typical days include waking up early, doing a group training activity, then going to the shop together to work together in either maintaining or repairing Radio Operator Equipment. Atmosphere is a mix between serious and intense, but also of comradery. The hardest part is figuring out what the issue with some equipment is, but it is also the most rewardable part once it is good to go again. The most enjoyable part is working with such lively and interesting co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunch, smoke breaks
Cons
Waking up exceptionally early, formations
i all ready have done this
Field Artillery Cannoneer Crewman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 25, 2016
i dont know what i have to keep writing my review. but it would be very lovely if i didnt have to anymore. please stop making me do this
Challenging, Productive, and rewarding
Director of Logistics and Mobility (Current Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 25, 2016
Pro's: There is plenty of travel, there are challenges in the location and environment that you work. You are operating out of the most obscure locations, starting literally from ground up. The work is fast paced, challenging working with all of the different countries and cultures.

Con's: It is hard to balance a family life with the job.
Efficient work enviroment dedicated to maintenance.
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 24, 2016
Operated equipment and components critical to successful flight and task completion for $60M aircraft.
Improvised and used quick sound judgement decisions to repair components within the time limit allotted, while maintaining a safe working environment and accounting for all assets.
Best decision ever!
Combat Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2016
Shane your life forever for the better. The idea of serving your country can be cliche but do not let the nay sayers sway you. Life experiences are ever lasting
constantly changing and adapting
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  multiple cities and statesSeptember 24, 2016
the marine corps work environment is fast paced constantly changing and constantly puts you under in order to make you a better marine.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours 45+ sometimes; away from family and home
diverse work environment, lots of fun
Communications Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CASeptember 23, 2016
this is by for the most meaningful, and fulfilling things I have ever done with my life. The work sometimes is tough and the conditions aren't always great but at the time there was nothing else I would rather do. It gives you a strong sense of family and belonging, like you're a part of something bigger. And the unity and cohesion make even the most difficult of task easier to do.
Pros
travel, unity, belonging, work, technical
Cons
war
Best decision I ever made with my life
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 23, 2016
You don't do it for the money, you do it because you love it. In my opinion, the hardest part of the job were the deployments away from family and friends. The best part of the job was the camaraderie and family that is created and, of course, the valuable experiences gained.
Productive and fun work environment.
Marine (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 23, 2016
I served my country and dedicated twenty years to protect her. Now I would like to give back to the service by helping the Veteran Affairs in doing any admin. jobs to help our veterans in need of medical treatments. I worked with heavy equipment for twenty years operating and maintaining them. I worked with different kinds of equipment like compactors, forklifts, dozers, scrapers, cranes, graders, and laser systems. I did logistics for our projects and company. I managed our training for our company and individuals. My hardest part of the job was maintaining the training of 475 Marines and Sailors each year. I loved training the Marines and Sailors in Marksmanship.
Pros
A secure job in the federal government.
Cons
Our pay could be similar to civilian jobs for risking our life everyday.
Very productive and busy environment. Helping Marines with any pay issues that they might experience.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  MCAS New River, NCSeptember 23, 2016
This a very great experience being stationed in MCAS New River. I chose an MOS (job) that was a customer service job to help other Marines or their spouses fix any pay problems that they had.
Pros
Helping Marines that were Deployed and serving my country.
Cons
Very long hours.
Horrible Work environment with terrible management
Logistics, Supply & Inventory Analyst/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 22, 2016
The absolute worst experience of my life, wouldn't recommend to anyone. would come into work to a bunch of hypocritical two faced liars. could not stand being there.
Wonderful Experience with lots of skill building
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Great companionship.
Gain a plethora of knowledge in leadership, management, supervisor, communication, and technical skills.
The hardest part of the job is being away from family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and meeting people from different parts of the world and experiencing their culture.

4.4