U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

A great experience
Fixed-Wing Aviation Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 21, 2017
It was not easy but it was worth it. There were a lot of advancement opportunities but not necessarily at the base that I was at. It was hard to balance family with work but I would still highly recommend it.
Fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  US EmbassyOctober 20, 2017
My time with the US Marine Corps was stressful, fast paced, but very rewarding. I worked through many different hours of the day and held many different billets.
It's the Military
Cryogenic Equipment Operator; Corporal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2017
The Marine Corps is the pinnacle of the United States Armed Forces. You join because you want to do something and make a difference, not just to pay for school.
Best Job in the World.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2017
I love the United States Marine Corps! The tradition, pride, integrity, are some of the things that I still carry with me some 20 plus years after being honorably discharged. Would highly recommend this occupation.
Pros
Great Tradition
Cons
Time away from family
some units are great some are the most toxic you will ever see
Heavy Equipment Mechanic~Honerable discharge (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2017
they are actively trying to fix the whole institution, they are just doing it in the worst way. forcing the good marines out and keeping the bad ones if i could have helped fix it i would have. too bad i was lied to about re enlistment
Pros
your coworkers become your family
Cons
literally everything else
I cannot wait to get out.
m1a1 tank mechanic (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAOctober 19, 2017
The marine corps has been an interesting experience for me. unfortionately in my mos I have not had much of an opportunity to move on in my career. I can make much more out side of the marine corps with my newly learned skills
The best
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 19, 2017
The military is always an amazing option and the Marine Corps is the best branch in my opinion, great place to grow and learn new skills all while doing so serving your country and making the best friends and family you'll ever have. Benefits are the best you'll ever see.
USMC Service
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2017
The Marine Corps is an extremely tight nit, close group of members. It is a life changing experience only for the mentally and physically tough individual. Great career.
Pros
Days off, pay and benefits
Cons
High stress
Highly Recommend
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 19, 2017
Excellent oppurtunities for advancement and travel.
Paid time off.
30 vacation days a year.
Get to travel all over the world.
Meet people from all over
exciting
3521 Motor T Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 19, 2017
get up work out
go to your job
work hard everyday
guaranteed pay
highly stressful
worth the effort
never wanted to leave but due to draw downs it had to happen
Pros
loved it
Love my Country and every job that I can do to help.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GA 31704October 19, 2017
It's an honor to serve those on the battle field and to have served in the USMC for over 20 plus years. Semper Fi. Great organization to work for. The Marine Corps is where the rubber meets the road.
Creates great work ethic
Calibration Technician/Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 19, 2017
This branch pushes you and make you an all around better and more prepared individual. I enjoyed my time in but it is not what I want to do for the rest of my life.
retired
Gunnery Sergeant, Rank E-7, Retired (Former Employee) –  EverywhereOctober 18, 2017
retired from the military after 15 years. Deployed plenty, trained a lot, managing schedules, personnel, and training are high paced, and can be very stressful.
its the military
Maintenance Management Chief (Former Employee) –  HawaiiOctober 18, 2017
The military isn't for everyone and you should only join if you really want to. The Marine Corps is the hardest branch to join, but its also the most rewarding because you will know you are a part of the best fighting force the world has ever seen.
Pros
multiple benefits
Cons
Not for everyone
honor
s3 ncoic (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SCOctober 18, 2017
Honor ,courage, commitment is what the Marines taught me it is a well built organization who are proud to support and defend our country just a great place to work
productive
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Havelock, NCOctober 18, 2017
The work life was stressful and fast paced. Always busy with tasks and goals to accomplish that day. I learned everything i know about electrical equipment. Great benefits and paid time off.
Usmcr
Supply Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 18, 2017
Good for part-time position.
I only go in once a month for drill in which we complete the tasks of Active Duty Component. We are required to complete the same tasks with less time.
Fast Pace / Always Active
AVIATION SUPPLY LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 18, 2017
Check what parts need to be shipped out to there destination.
make sure all parts are properly coded right and in thes right container. Make sure all supply reports are done on time. Accountable for all Aviation Parts.
I learned how to manage supply parts and how to properly conduct the distribution of a part. I learned how to properly manage the logistic system.
Hardest part of the job was getting paid low salary for long amounts of hrs.
Meeting new people and traveling.
Pros
Got to learn alot of Avation Supply function
Cons
Pay salary
work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 18, 2017
Good opportunity to transfer into the civilian sector, great college benefits for long term great insurance benefits for family and guaranteed pay check bi-weekly.
Usmc
Motor Transport Vehicle Operator, Reserve Unit (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed every incredible, amazing, fun, miserable, terrifying, exciting, crazy, beautiful second of my time in the United States Marine Corps. It made me strong mentally and physically and prepared to take on any challenge life has to throw at me.