U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,479 reviews matching the search
Outstanding career field with excellent individual skills developement
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 1, 2016
My service in the USMC has been the highlight of my professional career and an accomplishment I am very proud of. M experience in the military has given me invaluable skills to carry with me in my transition to the civilian work force.
Pros
outstanding benefits, great employees
Cons
extenive time away from home
Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  CADecember 28, 2015
One of the finest fighting forces in the world. The Marine Corps has a long history and many traditions that carry over to today's warriors in the Marine Corps. Marines can adapt, improvise and overcome any challenge that they face.There is no such thing as a typical day in the Marine Corps, every day is different. I learned many skills in the Marine Corps that I still hold close. Leadership, Initiative, Judgement, Dependability, Tact, Integrity and that warrior spirit to fight for things that I believe in. My brother Marines have been and will always be there for me as I will for them. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the enlistment. The most enjoyable part is all of the friendships, the traveling abroad and earning the title of MARINE.
Pros
Training, friendships, travel.
Cons
Pay and Benefits.
Productive and Good people to work with
warhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 13, 2016
What I enjoyed most about being Active Duty, is the relationships that were among the people and the wokr that we accomplished togehter as a team. Anytime i finished a taks Personally and I knew there was deadline for it coming up soon. It made me feel good and they acknowledged me for it.
Pros
Good Benefits as Health Care and Dental.
Cons
More time Spent at work, than at home with family.
Great experience
Local Security Chief (Former Employee) –  California,Virginia,Hawaii, IraqFebruary 25, 2016
Knowing that what you are doing day to day is helping this country stay safe,is a very rewarding and great feeling. Management varies to the amount of people and skill level they have.All management experience will differ from one another.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
long hours, dangerous line of work
Leadership started to move onto a different path
Supply Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 4, 2015
A typical day of work was composed of Marines not completing tasks. Me having to correct them on a constant basis. I learned all of my leadership skills from there, as well as how to carry myself and to be professional. My management was not great at my last unit, I took a lot of the load on. My co-workers were very childish and did not behave as mangers. The hardest part of the job was training the marines that were stubborn. The most enjoyable was knowing that I had positively influenced many of the Marines I came into contact with.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits, being a postive role model
Cons
Negative treatment, ethical dilemmas
Stable job with opportunity for advancement
Supply Administration and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 29, 2016
Working in the Marine Corps ensures that you remain physically and mentally fit. You are also afforded many great benefits, such as: medical and dental insurance, $400,000 life insurance, and multiple retirement plans. There are many great opportunities for advancement and promotion. There is a diverse variety of co-workers.
Friends, family, and honor
Aviation Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Working in the Marines help build upon the strong foundation that my father already installed to work hard and be dependable. I grew to understand that showing up to work is more then just receiving a paycheck (which is always nice), but it also includes working with others, providing great customer service, and the ability to communicate.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
works hours were not the best
I love the brotherhood, I miss it everyday.
Machine Gunner/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 10, 2016
I cant say really, there was a lot that went on, it was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I miss my brotherhood I found and grew with. Everyday was a new day, you had no idea what you had coming to you and that was what made every day amazing.
Benefits
Cons
Days of work, but its expected.
professional environment, great group of guys.
Rifleman S3 clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Typical day at work as a rifleman consisted of training in my specific job field and preparing for the deployment

Typical day as an S3 clerk consisted of preparing briefs for the Commanding Officer and tracing the actions and duties of the unit consisting of more than 900 other employees. I delt with the operations portion of the battalion.
Pros
Great benefits and job security.
Cons
Long periods of time away from family in other countries.
Great experience
Himar's Section Chief/Cannon Crewman - SSgt (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806March 6, 2016
The United States Marine Corp is the worlds finest fighting force. The Marine Corp is fair and takes care of its own. I made it all the way to Staff Sargent. The daily stress of the job was very stressful however that is why we received the best training money could buy.
Pros
Good benefits and great leaning experiences
Cons
away from family alot
Military experience
Cyber Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NC 28533February 8, 2016
A typical day consisted of physical training which allowed me to stay in shape and working out in the field(outside) or inside learning on various equipment relating to my job. Being in the military allowed me to have a straightforward mindset on a plan or goal, discipline was greatly enforced and branded into our lives.
Pros
Great benefits and relationships(network). Many opportunities to get certifications!
Cons
No comment!
Military
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 3, 2016
If you are looking for a job where you can learn and enhance leadership skills and traits will understanding the mean of cohesion then the military is the place for you. Honestly each and everyday you will pushed beyond you limits and required to think outside the box but the rewards such as travel, pay, and benefits are unbeatable.
Perfect for moldng leaders, and problem solvers
Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 4, 2016
I have nothing but high praise for the United States Marine Corps. I spent 10 years, 7 months, and four days; where I went from learning to lead, to becoming a leader that is quick on my feet, during the most complex situations.
Pros
A true institution for leadership.
Cons
I cannot think of a complaint.
What I learned
Motor Transportation Chief (E5) (Current Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIOctober 14, 2015
Throughout my time within the Marines Corps I have obtained several life experiences I would not have acquired in the civilian sector. I have had the opportunity to train with other military forces in other countries giving me the ability to work with a lot of different type of people. I have traveled the world and seen how things are done differently in other countries for better or worse. I have been deployed in combat areas taking away from that experience a huge sense of value of my quality of life along with the people I meet along the way, friends, and family. I have had the privilege to train and mentor a portion of our American youth. Last but not least the Marine Corps has given me a never ending drive to better myself and people around me.
Pros
Job security, housing, health benifits, education benifits.
Cons
Long hours, not home for months at a time, dangerous.
Productive and exciting
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SCMarch 26, 2016
Here I had my first training as a housekeeper. My boss was a retired Marine and was very strict. He was also very helpful and a good mentor. Co-workers were awesome and friendly. I learned a very good trade here.
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
Benefits and bonuses
Social Programming for Military Dependents
Youth Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 5, 2016
Provides a social recreational outlet for youth. Engaging programming for Military Dependents. School Age Care, Summer programming, and community recreational events
Pros
401K
Cons
Families Transition often
Great adventure
Amphibious Assault Vehicle Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 12, 2016
Learned heavy equipment operation, leadership skills, time management, as well as doing what is necessary to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits, adventure, and good experience.
Cons
Away from family a lot.
Easy to progress through the ranks as long as you work hard
Motor Transportation Chief Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAApril 5, 2016
Work comes first in any scenario which can be stressful but has taught me what hard work truly is. I have had the opportunity to see the world.
benefits
Cons
crazy work hours
Great to serve with the right perspective...
Flight Equipment Division Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2015
The Marine Corps has a legacy of tradition and camaraderie in both peace and war. Most applicants do not know most of the intricate details of their MOS is until they finish their MOS school (after boot camp) and enter the fleet. When in the fleet, there are often times where the personnel do match the quantity of workload. If you have a lot of personal drive, patience, work ethic, and an ability to see the larger picture of the overall mission you are part of, there are great rewards for military service. It does take a lot of personal accountability and re-evaluation of priorities throughout your service. These things are often not done, especially at the junior level. However, with proper perspective, planning throughout a career and steady dedication to your role in the mission will prove to yield great results.
Pros
Great benefits, business travel (tax free in certain areas), clearly defined promotion paths, strong sense of purpose.
Cons
Longer hours than expected (depending on MOS), 24 duty days, deployment schedule may effect homelife.
Great place to work as long as your willing to prove your worth.
U.S. Marine (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 9, 2015
I can't say there is a typical day in the Marine Corps. I learned interpersonal skills by interacting with fellow Marines. I learned how to be a team player and leader while given different tasks during training. Management is very proficient and strict, because maximum proficiency is the only thing tolerated. My co-workers were of the best quality, because everything we did reflected on each other. Hardest part of the job was all of the physical demands that are required to complete various tasks. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was doing a service for my country.
Pros
Great benefits, and wages
Cons
It could be very dangerous

4.4