U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,815 reviews matching the search
Great Company
CPOF Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDMay 3, 2016
I loved this Job it, I was a real adventure I got the chance to travel all over Afghanistan, set up Master's, BUM's Mid-Tier's and client's. I was was able to train well over 6,000 Marines, Airman, Soldiers and Seamen in how to Utilize the Command Post of the Future in theater roles like G2,G3,G4 and G9. When deployed forward to Battalion and Company settings I taught these Marines and Soldiers how to use the features available to them in there day to day missions. In addition to that, I took the time not only to set the back end of CPOF for the user but I taught S6 elements (Military IT personnel) how to trouble shoot it and conduct basic maintenance.
Pros
Just Outstanding job!
great experience
Chief Dispatch/Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HawaiiMay 3, 2016
great experience and learning opportunity. Became a great leader and mentor to Marines below me as well as my peers. Let me become an expert in the logistics management
Enjoyable
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 2, 2016
I enjoy serving with a sense of purpose and honor under the United States Marine Corps. Would never give this experience up for the world. As you move up in the ranks, Experience and many other skills are fine tuned and your ability to lead others is greatly enhanced. As a Marine you hold yourself to a higher standard than the average person, thus making you the best person you could possibly be.
Very disciplined and strict employer that i loved!
Infantryman, Light Armored Recon crewman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 2, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work in the Marine Corps. Light Armored Recon battalion. We learned discipline and how to adapt and overcome in anything in life. We were constantly learning new areas in our trade and continually training to be better prepared and more efficient in everything we did.
Pros
physical fitness requirements, hard work and long hours
Cons
healthcare, deployments, being gone for months at a time
For disciplined, driven, and fit individuals
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 2, 2016
The management that I've worked under was a bit questionable at times. You could tell which managers were incompetent and the ones who knew what they were doing. Hardest thing about the job was working long hours and never having a set schedule. Besides all that there's is nothing that compares with the pride that comes along with being a Marine!
Pros
Amazing benefits. Steady pay check. Security.
Cons
It usually is the needs of the job that takes precedence.
Great people and memories
Videographer (Former Employee) –  Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, NCMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed the Marine Corps most of the time, the people you meet are unique and the friendships with them is amazing. You have to grow up fast and every day is a learning process. Everything takes a team effort.
Blah
EMBARKATION AND LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 2, 2016
to many paper pushers in the marines corps and need more men in it not lil boys that wanna be treated like babies.anhdhdmdjjdjejejejdnndjdhdjjdbdndndndjdjdjjdjdjd
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Field days
Fast moving
Diesel mechanic, (3521) (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 2, 2016
Always parts moving, never changing and always challenging. I have three plus years of experience as a diesel mechanic.
Motivating
E-4 - Supply Chief (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAMay 2, 2016
Great motivational experience. I became a leader and a productive member of society. Travel is great, pay is ok, and the days are long.
Good job
Oil Analysis Technician Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 2, 2016
The typical day consist of physical fitness, training, and whatever it takes to accomplish the task for the day. I learned discipline, respect, integrity, honor, commitment, and how to maintain a good work ethic. My co-workers were more like brother and we still keep in touch till this day. The hardest part of the job is maintain the discipline to stay in shape. The most enjoyable was the being able to work beside my brothers and sisters in the CORPS.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
Strong leadership building
E4 Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 2, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of morning physical training while reviewing knowledge on the go followed by weapons/demolition handling with a safety brief prior to and after handling in the afternoon. Demolition and construction reviewing/training of junior marines in the evening.

Coworkers were young but full in spirit and eager to learn.
Hardest part of the job was the physical training involving mountains with heavy gear.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of pride of knowing how to handle almost any given task.
Pros
Multi-benefits
A great company to work for
Exchange Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 2, 2016
MCCS truly is dedicated to putting their employees first. Working on a recruit base is fast paced, but you have all the support you need to get your responsibilities done properly and in a timely manner.
A great foundation to build any career
Gunnery Sergeant (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 2, 2016
I was able to work in numerous fields and hold many billets during my time in the Marines. I enjoyed the progressive career development, in addition to, the excellent educational benefits.
Pros
Numerous paid vacations
Cons
Working hours
Rewarding but no further opportunity for advancement
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 2, 2016
The best part of the job is the Marines I was afforded the privilege of serving with. I will miss them more than anything. I learned from them maturity, leadership, tact and many other soft skills which will serve me well for the rest of my life.

I am only separating because there is little opportunity for me to further my technical skills inside of work. Further rank progression will not coincide with higher responsibilities until much later on, when I might be removed from the field completely.
Pros
Excellent benefits, rewarding work, excellent coworkers
Cons
Years spent apart from family, no further opportunity for advancement, frequent relocation
Structured Career
Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMay 1, 2016
Every day is a new and exciting challenge. Leadership is key and growth is inevitable. The brotherhood is no myth and the opportunities are endless.
pore
Sales Associate Senior (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAApril 30, 2016
the management only cares about how much money they can put in there pockets and to save there own buts the never have enuph people cover a shift if someone calls off
United States Marines, the few the proud.
Infantry / Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 29, 2016
As a Machine-gunner in an infantry company, it was the most dynamic and unforgettable experience I have ever had. For anyone who is joining or wants to join, be ready to be away from home and working long hours, but experiences may differ.
Productive and a fun workplace
Substance Abuse Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 29, 2016
typical day was wake up at 0530 am be in formation by 0600 for exercises til 0730 then go change over get in uniform and have another formation to hear word of our tasks at hand for the day til 1600. i learned leadership skills from my command and senior co workers and patience. Hardest thing was training and over seas deployments do to not being able to be close to family members but we had each other and everyone became family to deal with the harsh times and made the best of it. the most fun was being able to meet different races and become one and joke around to make time fly
Pros
Best Branch
Cons
Great people to work with, Management is working to improve lifestyle
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 28, 2016
This is a commitment rather than just a job. Each MOS is just as different from the next. Being in the Intelligence field has developed my professionalism to heights that would not have been reached by other means, really a great lifestyle in itself.
Pros
Great co-workers, free medical and dental.
Cons
Management can differ from each position, quality of life in the barracks is low
Exciting and fulfilling work environment.
Technical Controller/ Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 28, 2016
Did a lot of training over the years with communications equipment, rifle ranges, field operations, tactical vehicles, martial arts, physical training, etc...
Pros
Stayed in great shape, learned a lot in communications and leadership.
Cons
Gone for a long time, away from family, repetitive.

4.5