U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Learned how to work harder
Motor transport operator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 27, 2015
I learned quite a lot while being in the Marine Corps. The amount of hard work it takes to get things done and in a timely manner.
Great life lessons
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton CaAugust 27, 2015
Great chance to see the world. Was able to meet many people with different backgrounds. Great place to work in. Was met with many challenges that also was a learning experience.
Elite group of war fighters
Officer (Current Employee), World wideAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Chow Hall
Cons: unpredictable work schedule
This organization gave me an incredible experience, training and development. Anyone who has been apart of the Marine Corps knows the challenges they ask you to overcome far exceed the ordinary.
Difficult, mentally and physically; but overall an employer who strives to press your limitations, for the better.
S4 Logistics Chief (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, N.C.August 26, 2015
Pros: Ability to promote.
Cons: Deployment
Thirteen years in U.S.M.C. has been challenging; mentally and physically. A typcial day is long, early to rise and late to home; however, the Marine Corps has taught me hard work, honor, brotherhood, leadership, and pride in a job well done. The most difficult, the multiple deployments. The most enjoyable, the brotherhood.
Challanging and inviting
Night Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, SCAugust 26, 2015
During my time in the Marine Corps I personally learned many things about life, comradely and personal perseverance. Teamwork and family, this is the ideas that help build a stronger unit.
Fast pased, quick learning environment.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Production was key to support F/A-18 squadrons. Self motivation was key to learning all the ins and outs of the position. Became proficient in display units by shadowing our civilian contractor.
Strict work environment but also had days of unit cohesion
Corporal/ Cyber Network Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: A lot of benifits
Cons: Not a lot of family time
Learned how to run and manage networks and set them up. Management expected a great deal from us on a daily basis. A lot of policies and red tape, but is to be expected of Military. The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues and teaching them what I knew. The hardest part of the job was time away from family and the long hours daily.
Different environment everyday
Aviation Electrician (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 26, 2015
There is always something to do and the training is outstanding. There is always a comradery with all the Marines that worked together and even the ones that did not. The supervisors always looked out for the welfare of the workers while accomplishing the mission.
Extreme environment unlike any other
Gunnery Sergeant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Pride, service, brotherhood, leadership, training, adaptability
Cons: Pretty much everything else
The Marine Corps is not for everyone. Hours are whatever is required, supplies are sometimes limited, failure is not accepted, family events are secondary to the requirements of the Corps, training is – more... demanding and difficult. These shortfalls build adaptability and strength. Marines will look out for one another long after their service is completed. With all of the negatives, the pride of service in the world's most feared and trusted organization of warriors is beyond explanation. – less
Learn to adapt
Aviation Airframe Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Healthcare
Best way to explain the military is that you better learn to adapt to anything and everything. If you can do that and be okay with your life being run by someone else then your fine.
nice guys to work with depends on job
Driver/operator (Former Employee), Quantico, VAAugust 26, 2015
like I said it was a fun atmosphere to work in though that depends on the job that you work. I was a fire fighter with the usmc and work was kind of boring
us marines
Military Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
i learn to deal with stress at a different level then normal people can handle. i can work varies hours learn to take charge off a group off people.
awesome
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 25, 2015
the best experience ever. you will get to know a lot of people and make a lot of friends doing it. Turns boys into men and it is life changing.
Marine Corps
Maintenance Management Specialist/ in Charge (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours
The Marine Corps is a great organization that expand the knowledge and challenge the workers to get the job completed. This organization teach workers to be leaders and to maintain job proficient and satisfaction.
great
Patrol leader for over 60 combat patrols (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: not so good leaders
loved what i did and enjoyed but didnt want a family and deploying all the time. if you kissed butt it will help you pick up faster.
Great experience
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Cross training and Health/ Medical care
Cons: Constant travel
While in service I was constantly challenged and had to adapt to not only the military life style but also the wide range of everyday job requirements. I learned many skills from field telecommunication – more... maintenance to supply/ warehouse transactions, and finally shop management which included mentoring and training personnel. I enjoyed having peers and superiors rely on me for multiple tasks because I can get the job done. The hardest part was living in the desert for 5 years but I adapted to that as well. – less
Hard work
Corporal (Former Employee), Kaneohe Bay, HIAugust 25, 2015
My time in the Military was production and taught me life skills that I still use to this day. The days were long and the work was hard, but very fulfilling.
The Marine Corps is an awesome place to obtain a career.
Administrative Chief (Current Employee), Quantico, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Stability
Cons: Long term physical body stressors.
Being in the Marine Corps allowed me to grow professionally and I am so satisfied with the Professional that I've become over the last 20 years. I owe all of my technical proficiency to the Marine Corps and I wouldn't change a thing that I've experienced.
Train Train Train
Battalion Training Chief (Former Employee), Camp LejeuneAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Esprit De Corps of fellow Marines
Cons: none
Organizing training for all the unit's Marines. Keep training records for all the units Marines. Attention to detail and long hours scanning several excel spreadsheets and training data bases but worth every minute to ensure every Marine received all the training they required because those Marines would be heading to combat.
USMC
2nd Echelon Mechanic (Former Employee), Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Being a Marine was an honor in itself
Cons: not seeing your family enough
I worked on tactical vehicles mostly. Maintenance and preparation for deployment was our main priority. I learned basic maintenance on vehicles according to military standards. Our management is basically – more... dependent upon who your commanding officers might be so some were good, and some weren't ideal. Camaraderie was essential when you are in the Marines. They help you get through tough times and they celebrate the good time with you. Hardest part of the job was not seeing your family a lot. Best part I guess is I got to travel abroad and was stationed in Hawaii for 3 years. I can't complain. – less