U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,462 reviews matching the search
Productive and very exciting
SGT E-5 (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
Over my time in the marine corps was very quick. I was always on the move and doing many Operations. If you like a job with a lot of excitement and thrill. The Marine Corps is where you want to be.
Pros
Benefits, the work environment.
Cons
work hours
great
Honorable discharge, rank of Corporal (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 18, 2017
serving in the military was both challenging and rewarding. I learned many things about myself I didn't know. Learned many cultures and got to see the world.
Pros
people
Cons
stressful at times
Selfless dedication
Company Radio Operator/ Communications Expert (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2017
Days started really early and then ended late. most day lingered on longer than the should. deployments lasting 6 months minimum away from the US. there is not enough family time.
Happy to use you and throw you away.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
Full of leaders that made their way to the top by favoritism rather than by work ethic or ability to care for those they are in charge of. Progressivism and Political Correctness destroyed the Marine Corps I went into and is the reason I left.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Healthcare, Poor leaders
Denpends on Mos
Fixed Wing Aircraft Power Plants Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 18, 2017
Different for every single person. Some things are fun, some are not. Running and working out at 4am, then going to work at 8 am for a full shift, going to formations after work and on weekends. Guard duty plus your work.
Best career choice
Corporal (E4), 2146 Tracked Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
My time in the Marine Corps was the best time in my life. Being a part of the team, and serving with great individuals was a blessing. The culture is outstanding and I always had a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Team Members
Cons
Physically Demanding
Fun and fulfilling
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
I loved the Marine Corps and would advise anyone to join to serve their country. I thank the Marine Corps for all it has given me and all that is has taught me.
Greatest comradery on the planet!!!
Laser optics tech. (Former Employee) –  East coast, West coast, Over seasJuly 18, 2017
The finest brotherhood a person could ever experience. I got your back, You got mine. The greatest memories and the best laughs on a daily basis. But, some days the angels take a brother warrior away. And that's why,,,, Semper-Fi
Stressful life of an Infantryman
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work in the Marine Corps as an Infantryman is very random. You can find yourself sitting around the whole day to edging sidewalks, mopping an office, picking up trash, learning how to actually do your job, to staying at work for over 12 hours just because your superior has work to do that is not related to you at all. But as an Infantryman, you will most likely spend less time learning and being proficient at your job than anything else.

Biggest thing I learned from the Marine Corps is that my self value is a lot higher than what is really appreciated. My whole career in the Marine Corps was always doing more with less, and that creates a highly stressful lifestyle for anyone and everyone.

Management in the Marine Corps will vary as the Corps is huge. In my experience, the superiors that I worked under varied from good to bad. Overall, management was bad as it operated off of picking favorites among the workforce.

The workplace culture is rich. It is so rich that at times it may seem to be a fraternity instead of a workplace.

The hardest part of the job has to be the distance between you and your family. Time apart from your family could be for months on to years as it depends on where you are stationed around the world.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the memories and friends that you make along the way.
Pros
Fitness
Cons
Not Paid Enough, Devolopement of Body Joint Pain.
Its the marine corps
Machine gun team leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 18, 2017
Its the USMC, depending on your job experiences will vary greatly. You will always get paid but it wont be much that being said there are tons of benefits that come with any military service.
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  MCAS New River, NCJuly 18, 2017
The Corp is a Mysterious beast Often leaving you wondering why you joined at all. A typical day at work consists at waking up a god knows when and staying till god knows when. Workplace culture is the same as any other typical college Frat loud and annoying boys will boys atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is trying not to get yelled at for the slightest infraction whether that be sticking your hands in your pockets when it is -20 degrees outside to being in Gunny's way when he randomly knifes the air and rambles about the Old corp despite joining in 2005...
Pros
Benefits good healthcare
Cons
No time with family
20 year veteran
Personnel Officer/Legal Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 18, 2017
The best brotherhood. Full of tradition, motivation, love, and dedication to our country, fellow marines, and the corps. I will forever be a marine and was very proud to serve.
Fun, productive, and challenging.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 17, 2017
Typical day consisted of coming in to formation every morning. Immediately after formation, we would began team physical training. After physical training, all platoon personnel would attend various classes to prepare all members for the next field operation event and work up for the next deployments. These classes consisted of offensive combat and defensive combat tactics and techniques to prepare Marines for future challenges ahead.
Marine for Life
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 17, 2017
The Marine Corps was the best thing that could have happened to me. Its not enough space here to describe my enjoyment of becoming a Marine for Life.
Pros
Life Experiences
Cons
Getting Old
Only for those with moral fiber and versatility
Corporal E-4 (Former Employee) –  Top secretJuly 17, 2017
The United States Marine Corps is the most elite and professional military force in the world. That being said, it takes an extreme positive moral compass, true will, objectivity, physical prowess and mental elasticity to make it among the ranks and succeed. This is my most favored experience and will be the longest lasting title I will ever hold.
Military Life
Lance Corporal/E-3 (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 17, 2017
I had dreamed of being a Marine my entire childhood my father was and it was very important to me. The Marine Corps taught me many things about myself and the kind of leader and person that I want to be.
Benefits
Cons
Hours worked at times
Long hours and you dont live your life on your own time
Floor Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 17, 2017
you work long hours and you don't own your own time. You do though have a great relation with your co workers and you get to experience a lot of interesting things and get to go to a lot of interesting places
Pros
health care, dental, life insurance, constant income
Cons
long hours, poor management
Excellent benefits
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
I mean how can you complain about getting f a guaranteed 30 days of vacation a year? Having full paid benefits? It sucks bring deployed but hey your defending your country! Oh let's not forget a free education in both ways in and not in the military. And benefits afterwards as well.
Great Experience
Rifleman/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 17, 2017
Although the training and being away from your family can be tough, you will gain attributes such as discipline that will benefit you in the future. I have lots of great memories from my time in service.
good
general service Marine E-1 Private (recruit) (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SCJuly 17, 2017
Nice company to work for. Good place for beginners and international students to start their careers. Never had a bad experience so far and things have been going great. Only advice is to care for your employees who are working at the client location