U.S. Marine Corps
5,130 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

Great route to develop skills for success
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 18, 2014
The Marine Corps will teach you discipline, initiative, tact, and great work ethic.
Professional and Discipline
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 18, 2014
I learned a lot about how our government works and politics. I also made some of my best friends here. I got to travel around the world and do my part for my country.
Military workplace
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia, California, and OhioAugust 18, 2014
The majority of the workplaces while serving in the Marine Corps were warehouse/inventory clerical assignments.
very productive , high stress enviroment, fast paced
Marine Sergeant/ E-5 (Former Employee), camp pendleton, caAugust 18, 2014
Pros: most weekends off, healthcare, dental, insurance
Cons: long hours, over worked under compensated, deployments
even though time away from family while deployed was a downside i loved every experience i had while i was in the Marine Corps.
Loved it only because I Love America
Mechanic/Working Supervisor (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 18, 2014
There is no typical day in the Corps. Learned how to teach and supervise all while working myself, leadership and how to met strict deadlines. Met some life long Brothers while I was in.
Military
F/A-18 Hornet Electrical Systems Technician (Former Employee), San Diego Ca MCAS MiramarAugust 17, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits, deployments, motivated people
Cons: balance of personal life and military life
Every ones experience is different in the military. I loved traveling and working with other units and branches of the military. The training I received was always top notch. The hardest part of the job was being able to balance personal life with military life. The work was rewarding and knowing you were apart of something bigger felt great.
Great career starter. I think after high school everyone should have the opportunity to join the military.
Corporal (Former Employee), Paris Island, S.C.August 17, 2014
Pros: traveling the world. meeting great people.
Cons: the pay was not that good at the time. and being sipped off to war.
I enjoyed my four year tenure in the miltary. It taught me reponsibilty, dicipline etc. I sometimes wish that I would have retired from the military. But just like any other job the military had its ups and downs. You get a chance to bond with a lot of great people in the military, I would not trade that experience for anything in the world!
Place to learn great leadership skills
Supply Chief (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 17, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: hardware and equipment outdated
Great place to learn to follow and develop leadership skills, job security is great, ample opportunities to continue off-duty education and complete the desired degree at no cost. Great way to keep in shape, believe in yourself and push yourself outside your comfort zone.
Great prople
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee), MCBH hawaiiAugust 16, 2014
Good people, sometimes long hours. Pay is lower than it should be
Met many new people and learned alot about my job
F/A-18 Power Line Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego,CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: working with different people, benefits, job security
Cons: very fast paced, not much family time, really long hours/days
There were many long days and worked a lot of weekends but the people I worked with made the job really exciting. Learned a lot about the F/A-18 fighter jet engine. A lot of the learning was expected to be done quickly so you would be more of an asset for the people you work with/for. I preformed several inspections on the aircraft making sure they – more... were safe for flight and fueled and defueled them when needed. – less
The best environment to learn how to survive life's challenges.
Business Administration (Former Employee), Camp PendletonAugust 16, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not knowing when to leave
A typical day at work in the Marine Corps for me consisted of being a leader at all times because everyone is watching. This isn't a job that you can take a break on thats not a scheduled break. You have to be attentive and prepare for whatever comes next. The skills you learn are invaluable.

I learned that doing the right thing because it made things – more... easier, effective, and efficient was the only way to become truly successful in such a rapidly changing work atmosphere.

Everyone didn't always get the chance to be in charge but you train as if your time will come tomorrow. Managing the office and personnel was truly the joy of it all for me. I was the one person you see when you come to the unit, leave the unit, get rewarded or get in trouble. In my position you become a regular face to see for everyone in that unit.

The hardest part of the job is getting caught up and not planning your career out. Its was to become complacent with a job that pays you on the 1st and 15th of the month, with insurance, and health care taken care of. Many people forget that you can not do this type of job forever.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting some great people from all walks of life. This type of job gave me a large view of the world through my own eyes and through others. – less
Great
STAFF SEREANT (Current Employee), Every DesertAugust 16, 2014
Go get recruited and find out. Go see the World. Im writing this now to make the stupid red thing go away it keeps telling me to add more.
Its the military
Section Leader (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAAugust 16, 2014
It was military life, its not easy, its not fun, the pay isn't great but no one does it for the pay.
Basic description of my previous occupation.
Warehouse Clerk/ Warehouse Chief Assistant (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 16, 2014
Pros: meeting various well educated individuals with knowledge to share.
Cons: personally i believe the marine corps is all beneficial.
During a standard working day at my previous position within the Marine Corps I dealt with standard equipment ordering, receiving, and issuing to various parties. While in this occupation I learned how to utilize better time management, became a more open and communication-ally savvy individual, through written and verbal communication. I worked with – more... a handful of respectable self-motivated and determined team player individuals. The hardest thing about my previous occupation was the schedule fluctuation due to the tasks that were being administered or accomplished. I personally gained the most enjoyment from working alongside my colleagues accomplishing tasks that supported supplying various parties with equipment and supply's necessary to defending our beloved country. – less
training and preperation
Radio Supervisor, Sergeant (Current Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: expirence in leadership and management
Cons: long hours and time spent traveling
with the day beginning by 5:30 am to work out for an hour then its time to work, which consists of a 14-16 hour work week. as a non commissioned officer i was a manager or over 20 people at anytime, which meant i had to mentor and lead young men and women in everyday tasks and in life.
It is what you make of it
Field Wireman (Former Employee), usaAugust 15, 2014
It is the military and you can advance and do what you have to do. also travel gain experience.
Hard working Individuals
Corporal (Former Employee), TwentyNine Palms, CAAugust 15, 2014
A typical day working with the Marine Corps out in Twentynine Palms, Ca can be hard at times but if it was to easy then everyone would be able to do it. Working my way up through the ranks and given the responsiblility i was given made me realize that you don't start at the top you'll always have to work your way up. I've learned alot about managment – more... and responsibilities and i'm glad i went through what i went through. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in afghanistan. Always running around getting work done you would always learn new things every day and it was a great learning expierence. – less
The Best EVER
Aviation Communication Technician (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: pay
I was an avionics technician and repaired C-130 radios. Advancement is amazing as long as you follow the rules. Pay is the only downside but you can take advantage of many other perks and be wise with your money and everything will be alright. Job will keep you fit and in shape. Plenty of time off.
Respected company with disciplined workers
Sergeant, IMRL Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: away from family and friends, restrictions on my life.
Early starts to everyday, usually up before the sun rises to do physical training. The typical work day was about nine hours, but the day was technically not over until the mission was accomplished. The company's usual work day revolved around handling your responsibilities required by the job title you held and the section you were attached to. I learned – more... a lot about punctuality and how important time is. I also learned management skills, but not only are you responsible for yourself, but your peers and subordinates as well. The management was strict and disciplined and required that all workers be discplined. The hardest part was being away from my family, being that I was usually out of my home state. The most enjoyable part was traveling the world and experiencing different cultures. – less
Very professional
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), MCBH HIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: deploying a lot
I also have great communication skills with management and peers. I will be a great asset to your security team because I perform at a higher caliber than the norm. With knowledge of your expectations I can carry on without your personal supervision. I am always open to change and new adaptations and always seek to improve myself and team members.