U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 11,670 reviews matching the search
Hard Work and Long Days made for an amazing exerience.
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIAugust 10, 2016
A typical work day started at 0500 and was none stop until 1600 it was a very exciting and intense job. I learned to survive in harsh conditions and push myself beyond normal expectations. The hardest part of the job was the unknown and the tough trials that challenged me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the brotherhood and friendship that was created. Everything that I learned and developed during my time with the marines made me who I am today and I could'nt get that experience any where else in the world.
Pros
Benefits, Free Healthcare, Brotherhood
Cons
Long days, Hard Work
Great group of people i can rely on.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INAugust 29, 2016
Each day is never a repeat. I enjoy working with the group of respectable people I'm with. Management is always on the move making sure we're doing what's asked of us and making sure none of us are blindsided with information at the last possible second. The hardest part of my job are the task we have to accomplish in a set amount of time, but with the team work and the effort we all give one another we always accomplish it.
Hard Work with Great Recognition
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 19, 2016
The USMC is not for everyone. It takes hard work and dedication on a daily basis to prove you are worthy. I worked to be the best everyday and still was only average because everyone works that hard everyday. I enjoyed making great friends, and protecting the land I love on hard deployments. The greatest part about becoming a Marine is that you are forever a Marine.
Pros
Being a Marine
Cons
Duty, Working Parties, Long Days
Very demanding but rewarding career
Operations Chief/Senior Enlisted Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 15, 2016
The hardest part of serving in the military is the consistency of personnel. On average service members transfer to a new duty assignment and are replaced by personnel with less experience. This rotation of personnel always presents certain challenges with time periods of training until they are familiar with procedures and required timelines.
Pros
Health Care, Paid Vacation
really sweet
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 5, 2016
The suggestion that memory conformity is a result of biased guessing is similar to the informational influence explanation because in both instances … However, the distinguishing feature between the two explanations is that …” … “Whilst biased guessing may account for the misinformation effect that occurs in some instances (refs.), research suggests that it is not the only reason for the occurrence of the misinformation effect. (Supporting evidence) … This suggests that the misinformation effect may be due at least partially to memory impairment, rather than just biased guessing
Stress full environment, always challenging, builds character
Telephone Systems and Personal Computer Repairman (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 6, 2016
The Marine Corps is definitely an excellent stepping stone for anyone looking to build character, and an excellent work ethic. There are always new challenges to overcome as well as new lessons to be learned. After working in a hostile field environment, where time is of the essence I feel I am ready to take on any task that is assigned to me.
Honor, Courage, Commitment
Technical Directives Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJuly 31, 2016
Through my experience, i have learned to mature and take care of those to my left and right. Being able to lead not only from the front, but the back as well. Paying attention to detail is more of a trait, but the Marine Corps view it as a life lesson.
A day can consist of hard work and education or it could be hard work and motivation. This who join make the best out of what we have. Thats what makes the marine corp so prestige.
Pros
The Prestige and living to a higher calling.
Cons
NA
Transitioning out of the Marine Corps after 11 years of service.
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
Transitioning out of the Marine Corps and planning to start a new career in the Recruiting / Sales field in the Dallas, Tx area. The Marine Cops has instilled many Leadership Qualities and skills that can make most employers successful. I live by "You get what you put in". With my head hunter mentality I have been successful and focused to keep pushing.
Pros
leadership, supervisor skils, confidence, physical fitness
Cons
away from family
Life Changing
Maintenance Chief (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed the camaraderie that is developed within the Organization despite whatever situation you are in, wherever you are at, and whenever you are. The bond you make with your brothers and sisters you serve with, wether you are in the service for 4 years or 20 years, is something that is irreplaceable.
Pros
Developing Leadership Skills, Camaraderie, Personal Enrichment
Cons
Work/Personal life balance, Mental Fatigue
Fast paced work place
Supply warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work is 6:00 AM I make sure every one is at work and accounted for. then go through double check if everything is prepared for the work day. conduct daily inventory of the warehouse. there are daily appointments for shipping and receiving. I learned a lot with my time spent in the Marine Corps as far as taking pride in my work, being dedicated and working hard also being able to follow rules and regulations as well as leading the workers I am in charge of. I believe that there is no hard part every job has its ups and downs but in the end all the task will be completed. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to lead and have people look up to me as there supervisor.
A self sufficiant workplace that gets tasks done as quick as possible
Ammunition Specialist Technician/Training NCO (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 26, 2016
The Marine Corps it self is professional and hard working. It all matters on the unit you get orders to. You could go to a unit where it bases itself around the Marine Corps or you could go to a unit where they slide under the radar on doing certain things to which is not allowed by Marine Corps Order.
Pros
Benefits and opportunities to learn life skills
Cons
Possible will lose yourself while working
The Corps
Fire Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dover, NJJuly 24, 2016
The Marine Corps Reserves has been a lot of fun, in my 5 years. I have gotten to do things that many people have not, I have been able to travel, and do everything a member of active duty does, but without having to sacrifice my home life completely. It does take its toll when I have to go away for 2 weeks every year, as that is 2 weeks away from my job on the civilian side, as well as 2 weeks away from loved ones and family, but that is obviously nothing to complain about when active duty counterparts are away for months at a time.
The finest fighting organization in the world
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 10, 2016
I had an incredible time as a Marine. I stepped onto those Yellow Footprints as a green, 17 year old kid. 20 years later, I retired as a Chief Warrant Officer and Leader of Marines. If you have ever considered joining the military and think you have what it takes to be one of us, I encourage you to go see your local recruiter. It will change your life.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Time away from family
Hard work, Intensive schedule
Telecommunications Equipment Installer Repairer (Current Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJuly 23, 2016
I had an amazing time in the Marine Corp. I was able to benefit a lot from it. From the schools to the deployments. I learned something from everyone and took with me the goods and the bads of multiple leadership examples. It wasn't easy though. The work hours were demanding. The back to back deployments were hard not just on me but my family as well.
Pros
Leadership abilities
Cons
Getting killed on the deployment
United States Marine Corps, hard work and dedication.
Avionics Technician - CH-53E Super Stallion (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2016
After serving 5 years in the United States Marine Corps (2011-2016) as a Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) in the avionics division on CH-53E Super Stallion Helicopters as the final inspector for safe for flight related corrective actions I have provided leadership, mentorship and technical guidance to 100+ personnel ensuring professional and technical growth.
Lots of new people to work with
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 14, 2016
Stored,received,shipped,packaged shipments for pick up.
Secured personal belongings for members who is going to be away.
Recycled military gear.
Keep track of items located in warehouse.
Meeting Deadlines with inventory of warehouse.
Accuracy and Accountability for all operations in warehouse.
Always seek knowledge and educate new co workers.
Following operations and safety protocols.
Best Years of my life
Combat Cargo Well Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Untied StatesSeptember 1, 2016
• Performed quality verification inspections on aircraft systems, components and maintenance personnel
• Investigated failed components and systems and reported results of quality deficiencies resulting in 45 percent greater component longevity
• Investigated aircraft and ground equipment mishaps and recommended improvements resulting in 65 percent fewer mishaps
Fast Paced and Tactical Enviroment with ethusiactic and motivating co-workers.
Motor Transportation & Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 21, 2016
Over-exceeded performance with the discipline to work through fatigue due to nonstop walking, lifting, and work. Firm and fair supervision to ensure and encourage work flow. The ability to multi-task and overcome last mintue task. Mental toughness to complete task in uncomfortable weather conditions. Plentiful exercise and training classes. Rifle marksman skills and tactical handling with different weapons.
fast paced environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2016
A typical day started at 0530 in the morning with at least 1.5 mile run with in between stops were we did different types of exercises. Then we were usually released for breakfast at 630 and be back at work at 715. The rest of the day consisted of doing preventative maintenance on equipment and loading and offloading supplies on 7 tons. We would clean up for the end of the day and usually on a good day be let out at 4:30.
Pros
Everything was usually at walking distance
Overall a great experience to grow as a person
Sergeant E-5 (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2016
In the Marine Corps I have learned to adapt and overcome, be a successful person and understand what it means to serve with Honor Courage and Commitment to my country. Serving in the military has been an overall learning experience to not only help myself but to help others no matter what gender, race or where they have come from.
Pros
Stable pay, medical and dental, healthcare, and plenty of off time
Cons
Separated from family for certain periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4