U.S. Marine Corps
5,997 reviews

U.S. Marine Corps Employer Reviews

You Will Never Encounter Men of the Same Caliber When You Leave.
0331 Machine Gunner (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Greatest and worst days of my life. I learned how to be a man and how to be a brother and that my life isn't more important than anyone else's. I learned that little things that happen in our life are nothing to become upset over and that everyday above ground is a blessing. I learned not to take for granted anything because it can all be taken.
I will look back on my days in the Corps all the days of my life remembering who I was before and who It made me today, I will always remember my brother's who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you and I may continue living our freedom filled lives in the greatest country in the world. My only regret is that I had to join so young, now I will be searching the rest of my life trying to find something as pure and powerful to be apart of as the United States Marine Corps Infantry.
Good training for all young men
Sergeant, USMC (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 21, 2015
A great group to be a part of! But too structured of a life style for me.
Semper Fidelis
Warehouse Chief Manager (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: weapons
Cons: sleep
Managed $2.5 million budget annually while maintaining inventory records and conducting weekly ordering.
 Supervised 20 co-workers by assigning job duties and conducting bi-annual evaluations.
 Additional Management experience as Close Combat Instructor and Rifle Instructor.
 Service Summary: Non-commissioned Officer (E-5), National Defense Service Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Navy Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon, Navy Unit Citation, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation, Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
I worked seven years in the military learning trouble shooting and time management skills.
Organizational Specialist (Former Employee), cherrypoint NCJanuary 20, 2015
I have extensive leadership skills as a supervisor and maintainer. In addition, I have over seven years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing weapon systems, and electrical generating equipment in the U.S. Marine Corps. I am highly skilled in the removal and installation weapon systems with three years’ experience as a ground safety coordinator for multiple training environments while supervising twenty personnel. I am adept at multitasking, completing separate tasks, and accomplishing jobs one time. I functionally directed workflow for multiple federally inspected programs. I have adaptability in rapidly changing environments with diverse groups of people.
Productive and important workplace.
3051- Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Twenty-nine Palms, CaJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be receiving and distributing gear. My co-workers and I would load and unload gear, then organizing the warehouses. Each co-worker was in charge of different sections in order to complete the tasks on hand. This includes having to supervise and management others.
Excellent Job Work and Management
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Quantico, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: healthcare, benefits
Cons: long days
My background includes seven years of Marine Corps experience as a Infantry and Weapons expert. Most recently, I worked as an instructor at The Basic School for Officers to train and mentor student lieutenants on basic and advanced marksmanship skills for the Marine Corps.

Previously, I worked in Camp Lejeune, NC as a weapons and tactics expert on military marksmanship and explosives. In these positions, I demonstrated the ability to tutor and mentor my peers on marksmanship and to lead my fellow Marines. I was awarded a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for my actions in Afghanistan while serving as a team leader taking charge if ten U.S Marines.
In addition to this experience, I gained considerable leadership traits while serving in combat in Afghanistan.
Best experiences of my life.
Sergeant, CA (Former Employee), Miramar CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: real life experience, brotherhood
The experiences I've gained from the four years of active duty, couldn't be duplicated else where. From deploying to Afghanistan to training Marines back in California, I would do it all again!
20 years of being a Marine
Avionics Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: travel for free, advanced technical training.
Cons: work/life balance
You get out, what you put in. I have enjoyed my 20 year career as an aviation electrician. After many years of the Marine Corps, I have found a true sense of serving my country. I would recommend any job that will translate to post military career.
Rewarding
Division Manager (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: lots of time away from family
This job can be rewarding but it requires alot of time and hard work.
Management depends on where you are at.
Its nice to be able to travel and see the world and meet new people.
You work with a diverse group of people and will be exposed to many different situations that will challenge your intellect and critical thinking skills. How you respond to pressure will effect how well you advance.
Marine Corps
Sergeant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaJanuary 20, 2015
I learned how to become a leader as well as serve my country. Being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010 has given my a first hand look at different cultures and ideals.
Loved it
Ground Radio Repairer (Former Employee), Jacksonville NCJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoyed every minute of the Marine Corps I would go back and do it in a heart beat if I could it was a blast and the friends I made while in are still very close to my heart and I would do anything for them
Experience
Maintenance Management Specialist (Former Employee), OverseasJanuary 20, 2015
Great first steps for someone looking to enhance in the management industry. Teaches you how to adapt and overcome obstacles thrown in your direction. Teaches you leadership and communication skills.
Defending our country is its own reward
Administration Supervisor (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: team work, life skills, pride, hard work, selfless service
The Marine Corps is not a job its a way of life. Defending this great country is an honor the few can claim. It is as rewarding as it is demanding.
N/A
H-1 Chief Instructor (Former Employee), CP CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2015
I do not wish to make a review.
I was able to build a solid work ethic.
High intensity work environment
Combat Skills Instructor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 30 days paid leave per year, healthcare
In my 3.5 years as a Machine gun Squad Leader, there was never a "typical" day. Through several deployments as well as time spent back at Camp Lejeune, no two days were the same. I was able to develop a fairly regular schedule during the last 1.5 years of my enlistment as a Combat Skills Instructor.

The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of where or what we would have to do in the near future. It became second nature to adapt to new environments.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the botherhood, as well as the overall growth and experience that I've gained.
Life in the USMC
Disbursing Systems Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits are to die for, upward movement is very possible.
Cons: long work hours
Working in the military is more then just a job or a career but also a lifestyle choice. Your freedoms are limited in the protection of the freedom of others but you will never find a better family to have.

I have worked all over the Corps and I must say leadership and management styles differ greatly from place to place and there is no such thing as a typical day in some places. While working in an office environment, the management and leadership style were overbearing and seemed purposely held to keep morale low. While I was working in a field environment, we were given freedom, responsibility and even the chance to excel or fail on our own merits.
Once in a lifetime opportunity
Tactical Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: lifetime of memories
Cons: away from family
There was no such thing as a typical day of work, one day I would go to a range the next I was doing land navigation. I learned a lot of life lessons and valuable skills. As well as made great friends and co-workers that I will never forget. The hardest part is the commitment to change, but its rewards are the respect and pride you gain from joining Americas Finest Fighting Force.
USMC
Military Police (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJanuary 19, 2015
It is a military branch. This job is what you would expect. You work a lot of hours and you have little time off. It is not really that big of a deal as that is what you signed up for. I enjoyed meeting new people from all over and hated the standing around we did the majority of the time. I learned a lot about myself and my potential career choice.
USMC
Engineer Equipment Operator (Former Employee), worldJanuary 19, 2015
Great place to work. Max benefits. Free dental, medical, housing food. They take care of you. Work hard and you will get promoted. Limitless potential for promotion.
Satisfying work despite the long hours
Ammo Tech - E5/Sgt (Former Employee), VariousJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: continuous work
Cons: always on call
Working with many different people from all over the nation was perhaps one of the best parts of serving.

The hardest part was always leaving for a new duty station.

Marines receive training on time management, work ethic, behavior correction, and additional training in various other fields of work regardless of primary specialty.