U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 15,144 reviews matching the search
na
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 19, 2017
I truly miss it. I wish I was still in. I should have stayed in but after two tours in Iraq I got out. I was tired and stressed. At least I can go back to school using G.I. Bill.
Poor leadership
Supply Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
Too many Marines are unstable because they want to kill or be killed in combat. Fortunately, I value my life... Unfortunately many Marines do not value their lives...
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Underpaid first to die...
Marine Corps Officer
Asst. Chief of Staff - Operations and Training (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SCSeptember 19, 2017
As a Marine Corps officer, I had an opportunity to serve this great nation of ours in a variety of ways...as a logistician, teacher, advisor and recruiter. Best organization on the planet!y
This is what you asked for.
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 19, 2017
The Marine Corps is not an easy laid back place of employment..however, you should have known that before you signed the dotted line. If you're looking for a challenge and to be apart of something bigger than yourself, the Marine Corps is the way to go. Balancing work and a social life was always a challenge, but the camaraderie with fellow Marines makes up for it.
Pros
Travel the world, Camaraderie
Cons
Difficult settling down
Team leader of mechanic
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Great career and retirement plans. Dedicated company to its employees. Health care was number one. Great training and opportunity to advance in your career
Sergeant
Marine Corps (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SC and beyondSeptember 18, 2017
I loved the Marine Corps. Although it was was difficult at times, I enjoyed working with my fellow service members. I learned something new almost on a daily basis and pushed myself to new limits daily. It's hard to explain, but it was both the easiest job I ever had and hardest job I ever had, but well worth it! OoH Rah!
Pros
Easiest job I ever had!
Cons
Hardest job I ever had!
Usmc
PC, Telephone and Fiber Optic Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 18, 2017
I loved the Marine Corps but 4 years was enough for me. I like having roots and moving all of the time wasn't something I wanted to continue doing. I loved the accountability that everyone had.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
The government owns you
Competitive and Fulfilling work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The Marine Corps provide an environment that is unlike anything else. It has left me with skills and memories that can never be replaced. My leadership skills have been enhanced beyond what I could have imagined
Good if you're a man and good if you get a good command
Electronic Intelligence Operator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I was unfortunately put in a duty station where my upper management hated the idea of females in the military. They made my life very difficult, but I did actually really enjoy the military way of life. If I had gotten a different command, I would have stayed in for life.
Its the Marines....
EXPLOSIVE ORDNACE DISPOSAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  To the shores of TripoliSeptember 18, 2017
Doing more with less, all day every day. The ultimate leadership training school, mixed with one of the greatest in-house fitness programs. Truly the few and the proud.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The free food sucks.
Interesting
DISPATCH OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station, CASeptember 18, 2017
The Marine Corps reserves was an interesting career i had. We had to do a months worth of workload in 2-3 days, so we would constantly work 10-12 hour shifts in the day. Although the workload was very tiresome, i made awesome memories with the Marines that i served with. I'm glad i signed up and did my time.
Review Summary
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Only join the Marine Corps if you want to be the best. Don't join if you're bored. If you don't want to be the best, then join another branch. Fillll.
usmc
Maintenance Administrator/ Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
I joined mostly because of having a competitive streak but that's only a small piece of the puzzle that is the Marine Corps. Anyone that is looking for overall advancement, I would say go for it. I normally had an eight to ten hour shift and sometimes twelve. There's also being on various duties that are a full twenty four hour shift but allow for time to sleep.The workplace is what you make of it. Like any other job, it is a job. You can either find what is good and embrace it or only focus on the negative and want to seek an occupation elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits and Experience
Cons
Vary by Individual
Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92145September 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was having a new family within the Corps. While in service we all stand together as brothers and sisters and help each other when we need it.
Semper Fidelis
Air Traffic Control Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 18, 2017
The best job in the world and the best I've ever had. Due to marriage and my family it wasn't the right time for me to re enlist and stay in but I loved every second.
Outstanding Opportunity
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Opportunities are based on individual effort. The culture is demanding and can be to too much for some to handle. Can be the most rewarding career of your life or the worst experience you've ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Greatest fighting force in the world
Aviation Mechanic and Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 18, 2017
The Marine Corps changed my life and taught me how to push past my own expectations. Anyone looking for a challenge or some direction in life will not be disappointed. You must be ready to give it 100% of your time and effort.
Top 1% in the U.S
Assistant Postal Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 18, 2017
Leadership, weapons handling, security, patrolling, terrorism awareness, record management, physical fitness. Military mind set, team work, competitive, The most stressful but the best job ever. The hardest part of the job is being away from family. Best management you can think of. The moss enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
Look at review
Cons
Lot of wating
It is the Marine Corps, not much to say
Armory Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Start you day off with running at least 5 miles before working 12+ hours in one day. Then go home and your roommate is someone you work with so you dont ever feel like you're away from work.
Changed My Life
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps. The only reason I got out was due to back issues. I would recommend the Marine Corps to anyone who is able to enlist.