U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 14,804 reviews matching the search
Marine Corps
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 16, 2017
Day to day operations varied while I was in the Marines. I learned a lot of valuable information about management. I feel like the counseling training, was super beneficial for my future. The hardest part of my job was leaving family behind for months at a time. I enjoyed the Physical Therapy we would do daily.
Pros
Basically everything
Cons
Leaving family behind
Marines
Marine (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 15, 2017
this is the start of my career, this is where I learned leadership traits, how to manage and supervise Marines and lead them into combat, motivate them and honor them
Pros
world travel
yay military!
Assistant Maintenance Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 15, 2017
The military is what you make of it. There is absolutely nothing more do say about it. The work hours suck hard but the time spent in is more than worth it, no matter what anybody says.
Pros
GUns
Cons
Hours
IT'S What You Make It
Intermediate Level Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  MCAS Cherry Point, NCAugust 15, 2017
Good life experience but not for everyone. Your day to day job life can vary immensely depending on the specific military occupational specialty you choose (or are tagged with). Overall, if you put in the effort and stay motivated the Marine Corps will be a good learning/life experience and for a select few a career. Just do your research before committing.
Pros
Health Care, Friendship, Job Experience
Cons
Separation from Family, Instability, Barracks Life
Productive for building work ettics.
Platoon Sergeant, Combine antitank platoon (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CA 92055August 15, 2017
Life in the Marine Corp is always productive and challenging. You get to learn basic skills that will help you succeed in your life time. The Marines will teach you how to take orders and eventually give orders, which prepares you to become an excellent manager of personnel. The culture in the Marines shows you that hard work and dedication pays off in the long run, and no short cut will be permitted. Nothing comes easy everything is challenging, but there's always enjoyable moments that you enjoy with your Marines and people you meet along the way that makes your experience worth your time.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Away from home
Career with many opportunties
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 15, 2017
Work is usually Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. You get trained on your job but do also learn a lot of basic self defense. You are able to go to school for free depending on your job. Your work place depends. Small shops are very close due to shortage of personnel. Hardest part of the job is your work hours vary and traveling can get old if you have a family. The best part is you will make a lot of good friends and have a lot of opportunities to do something with your life.
Pros
Tons of benefits
Cons
Hours vary
Usmc
Chief Dispatcher, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 15, 2017
great time in my life
you build good relationships with fellow marines, its a family for life
always learning more and have many opportunities to better yourself and get better ranks
The honor and respect, pride of being a member of the finest military organization
Warehouse Chief (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
A typical day in the Marines consist of a lots of physical training and logistics functions from stock control to inventory control management, shipping and receiving, facilities issue, disposal of aging equipment, and etc...
Bad people
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 15, 2017
Not worth it. The people suck. They get into your personal business way too much and you never get breathing room. You have to do whatever they tell you no matter what and you never get a choice on where you go or what you do.
Usmc
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 15, 2017
The best decision I made in my life. Allowed for growth as a individual and individual responsibility.

Made life long friends that I am still in contact with today.
A good career
Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 15, 2017
It's the Marine Corps, so anyone who joins should expect the job to be tough. Long hours, dangerous, stressful, physically demanding, etc. But it's worth it.
Pros
Free healthcare for you and your dependents
Cons
Stressful
travel the world and gain experience in life
Operations Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 15, 2017
A job that pays you to stay fit and provides programs for advancement. Your Basic daily routing will consist of 0530 reveille followed by physical training at 0600. Normally, you should conduct 15 minutes of stretching and exercising followed by a 3 to 4 mile run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The rest of the day depends on your Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) and your rank. You will start from the bottom of the chain of command (doing the most undesirable jobs/duties), but you can work your way up fast if you are a good follower and do what is told of you.
The Military is not for everyone, but it is a good starting point for young adults that want to experience the world. The opportunity to learn how to interact with different people of all kinds, in race, gender, religion and opinions. You will learn to lead by example and lead with firmness fairness and treat everyone with dignity. 4 year of honorable duty will earn you 4 years of collage payed for and a friendship that will last forever.
The hardest part of the job is being away from your family. Everyone can do this physically, but it takes mental strength to succeed in the military.
Pros
roof over your head, food and medical provided
Cons
Orders you do not agree most be conducted
Would not work again
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 15, 2017
Toxic command climate, people taken for granted. Dont bother unless you are truly willing to live and breath a cult atmosphere. You get paid little to do more than your fair shair of work.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
productive and quick paced work style
NCO (non-commissioned officer) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 15, 2017
wake up early, pt, eat, do your work, and go home. Had the best leadership in the country. Always had fun even during stressful times, id recommend anyone to go work here.
Physically Demanding
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 15, 2017
Physically demanding place. A place for you if you want to serve your country and be recognized. Many advancement opportunities. Not everyone is born to be a leader in the Marines though.
Great building block
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, azAugust 15, 2017
Going to college isnt for all. Take time, enjoy what you know, build yourself as a person. Reach heights you thought were unreachable. Be stronger than your wildest dreams. Become a giant among men. But dont become a robot, dont become cannon foder. You are men, men with soul! In the seventeenth capter of st luke it is written the kingdom of men in you! You the people! You have the love of humanity in your heart and carry that with you!
Best Foundation Builder
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 14, 2017
The Marine Corps gave me discipline and a respect for this country that I will never forget. Would have never got out if I could go back in time. OORAH
Life changing
Operations Chief (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 14, 2017
A typical work day in the USMC depended on what we had to do that day. I learned how to survive no matter what obstacle is in your way. Management was up-tempo and motivators. The work place culture was awesome because we were a family. The hardest part was not knowing what tomorrow brings when you are deployed. The most enjoyable part was wearing my dress uniform.
Pros
benefits, family, job security
Cons
deployments
Provided me with outstanding training in leadership, discipline, and organization.
Recruiter / Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2017
During my 12 years in the Corps, I was developed and molded into the person I am today. A mature leader whose desire is to continue to help and serve the community. The best thing about my job was knowing that I was making a positive difference in lives whether it was my co-workers or the American public. The worst part about the job was that our mission was controlled by politics and our mission changed depending on who was in charge.
Pros
Structure, Promotion opportunity, physical fitness, stable pay.
Cons
transferrable skills
Excellent life style with a very rewarding career.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2017
Waking up every morning to do physical training is the best way to start your day. Great to do it with the people you work with. Learning the difference between managing people and leading them was amazing.