U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 8,133 reviews matching the search
Administrative Specialist
Personnel Administration - Marine Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2016
Upon enlisting in the United States Marine Corps I was sent to Personnel administrative school. Here I learned how process Marine and their spouses administrative information. I was a supervisor of around 25 Marines in my office. My office was tasked to take care of all personal documents, pay, marriage, divorce and entitlements of 3,000 Marines. On a daily basis the office handled all of these tasks. What really made the Administrative position interesting was the scenarios and people you came into contact on a daily basis. These scenarios and issues taught me a lot about myself as well as many skills including, time management, organization, customer service, and leadership. The most satisfying part of the job was being able to help a Marine or his family in a fast efficient and timely manner.
Pros
free medical, dental and travel
Cons
long work hours
It's the military
Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Parris Island, SCJanuary 25, 2016
What do you expect? All politics. A lot of favoritism, camaraderie is nearly gone and it is only getting worse. It is very difficult to remain strong with poor leaders.
Pros
you get college paid for
Cons
Your body takes a toll
productive and a great learning environment
Rifleman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 25, 2016
Working in the Marine Corps was a great learning experience. I had the privilege of working with some great people and other country's military. Our command would help anybody to the best of their ability when needed. The people i worked with were intelligent, great personalities, and motivated. Hardest part of the job was being away from home. The most enjoyable was the deployments.
Life Changeing Experience
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 25, 2016
The Marine Corps changed my life and gave me tools that I can use to better my life. It instilled discipline so that I will never give or and to be on my game at all times.
Usmc
Motor Transport Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 25, 2016
Marine Corps Motor Transport Instructor for Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. While assigned to Fort Leonard Wood, was promoted to Senior Instructor. Primary duties included but not limited to; Primary Instructor/Advisor to leadership course, teaching both military, civilians and foreign military personnel.
Pros
loved every aspect of it
Cons
time away from family
Productive and Constant Learning
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I was able to partake in many different jobs, which afforded me the ability to learn many different things and have many different responsibilities. I learned how to be a leader and how to train others to complete tasks in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was long hours and days away from my daughter and family. I enjoyed being around people from different places that brought different learning and teaching styles to the table.
Pros
healthcare, college money, connections
Cons
unknown hours
Highly Professional, Extremely Informative
Artillery Electronics Technician U.S. Marine Corps (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I was in charge of a shipping and receiving section for my unit which I was responsible for maintaining calibration levels $2.8 million worth of equipment. Senior leadership performed an inspection on the gear and I received a flawless grade. I was tasked to write procedural letters very frequently using Microsoft Word. I was also responsible for inventorying equipment and utilized Microsoft Excel for this. As part of a shipping and receiving section, I learned how to interact with others I didn't work with directly, to be personable and courteous, while also professional. Unmatched experience.
My beloved Marine Corp, nothing but good things.
Landing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Longshoreman - Aircraft external lifting, port operations, rail operations.
Multiple duty stations including Japan, Korea, and North Carolina
Pros
Great people
Cons
hours
United States Marine Corps
MOTOR TRANSPORT NCO / COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2016
Managed personnel, operations, and maintenance functions within the tactical and commercial motor vehicle services. Coordinated, planned, conducted, and supervised logistics, embarkation, and support operations. Learned a lot about time management, attention to detail, team work, organization, and many other skills.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Schedule
Very Professional
Recon Marine 8651 (Former Employee) –  San Diego,CA; Oceanside, CA; Republic of VietnamJanuary 22, 2016
We were very professional. There is not much to add. Our superiors were adamant about getting us professional training and getting us prepared for the missions scheduled for us.
productive
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJJanuary 22, 2016
good environment to learn and acquire new skills. allows for good management of time and priority. learn how to balance home and work. great benefits.
Pros
help the team complete a mission
Cons
cold and wet
Great job
2311 Ammunition Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 22, 2016
The Marine Corps is a character building establishment with strong focus on team work and adaptability along with making sure its members are more than adequately trained.
Travel the world
Military (Former Employee) –  AmericaJanuary 21, 2016
If you want to serve your country with honor and respect, the United States Marine Corp is just what you need. See the world, and see what makes America great!
Pros
Honor, Pride, Confidence. See the world!
Cons
Seperation from family
Great Work environment
Motor Transportation Floor Chief/Hazmat Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 21, 2016
The Marines are a elite force and will always remember the great work environment. The management was a tad bit unorganized but overall a great work environment.
being a United States marine is as good as it gets
Small Missile Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 21, 2016
great coworkers that know what they are doing great vacation policy decent medical and dental satisfying work with lots of travel around the world
Pros
good food
Cons
bad things happen
Morterman/Infantryman in a Marine Battalion out of Hawaii
Lance Corporal (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJanuary 20, 2016
Some of the most loyal guys I know, A lot of discipline was instilled, and have been attending Boise State since then. I am looking for something that obviously isn't so structured and is a little laid back, But that will in no way effect my work ethic.
Highly motivating job environment
G-3 Operations Chief/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Diverse work environment, where one day you may be sitting behind a desk and the next you are in the field training beside Infantry Marines.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Long work hours and weekends
large work load with enjoyable service members
Comm/Nav Tech/Collateral Duty Inspector (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Consistent work load that included several different electrical systems. Troubleshot using publications and troubleshooting trees. used devices such as huntron tracker and multimeter. Many of my coworkers were friends and roommates. we were able to do everything together, both professionally and off the clock.
military police
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
dealing with people daily as a police officer.
leading a team of police officers to do the daily duties.
learned how to detain and arrest people.
National Defense
Infantry/ Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Trained to seek and destroy the enemy in wartime using a 45 caliber handgun, M-16 automatic rifle, M-60 Machinegun, Grenade Launcher
Pros
Serve my Country
Cons
Healthcare

4.6