U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE Employee Reviews

great place to work
Contract Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
It may been a fast pace place to work but we had fun doing it. Everyone help each other out. Wish it was a full time position and not part time. Management was great.
Ok Place to work
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 22, 2017
The government is an OK place to work if you desire job security and good benefits. However, the work can become stale and boring fast, so after twenty six years, I decided to leave
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work becomes boring
Protection of Federal Judiciary
U.S. Department of Justice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2017
Responsible for the day to day operations of personal and facility security for the federal judiciary. Core functions include fugitive apprehension and operations, witness security protection, asset forfeiture seizure and management, and prisoner handling.
Decent Career
Deputy, U.S. Marshal- GS (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 13, 2017
This career is a government job. There are a lot of ups and downs with this career on a daily basis. I enjoyed the comraderie with fellow employees. I love the court family
Pros
work
Cons
politics
Interesting place to work
Assist in transporting prisoners (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2017
This job was an on-call position only and I dealt with federal detainee's who were in custody for many different types of crimes. Also transport inmates to various courts around the state to attend federal court.
Very professional Law Enforcement agency
District Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2017
The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is a contract job. The USMS is very law enforcement oriented and very professional and its the oldest law enforcement agency. The USMS is my second job. Im a retired law enforcement officer and my first job was working for the California Department Of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) with over 22 years of experience and this career was professional.
Pros
Excellent carreers and benefits
Federal Law Enforcement Agency
Supervisory Deputy U.S.Marshal (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2016
Loved working for U.S.Marshals Service. Such a variety of responsibilities in law enforcement on the federal level. Retired because criminals were becoming too violent and did not want to risk my life any longer.
Typically Great Group of People
Deputy U.S. Marshal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
A lot of people are disillusioned about what the duties of a DUSM are. There is a lot of sitting in court, but with that said, it can be fun and exciting depending on where you are working.
Professional and personable workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at the USMS office in the Southern District of New York. The office is filled with wonderful personal that are both personable and helpful in any way they can be. I made great connections with many of the officers there as well as learned many different tasks of a USMS deputy while working in the different units.
Pros
Personel
Cons
Long Commute
Great Job!
Chief Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2015
Professional workplace and supportive managers. Enjoy the depth of my responsibility and ability to work independently.

Want to know more about U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE?

Ask a question
Intersting place to work with moments of excitement and some boredom
Senior Inspector (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2015
Currently conducting Internal Affairs investigations which has been an eye opening experience. Previous positions with the US marshals Service have required extensive domestic and overseas travel which was entertaining and educating. Other positions have been very stimulating with tracking fugitives, handling prisoners and going to court. As a firearms instructor I have qualified numerous employee and participated in the selection of the Glock pistol as an agency issued weapon.
Pros
Travel, excitement
Cons
boredom cell block
A Great Place to Work
Clerk II (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2015
The atmosphere, co-workers and management were positive. Overall, an extremely pleasant organization to work for. Typical duties included accounts payable and accounts receivable, guard hire program administration, administrative duties
Great career.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR / DEPUTY U.S. MARSHAL (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2015
Joined USMS after almost 9 years as a Police Officer. Greatest move I ever made. Through USMS I traveled on assignments to much of the United States and a few foreign country's. I met many persons in positions of power and protected many of the same. I enjoyed the work right up to the day of my retirement. Co-workers were of the highest of caliber and management was always there for us. The hardest part of the job, to me, was sometimes the boredom of sitting in court. Just part of the job. The enjoyable part of my job was catching the bad guy. This was by far the most difficult buy most rewarding part of the job to me.
Pros
Great people and environment.
Cons
Govt. red tape.
High Volume of work but interesting.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you stay busy and the co-workers are team players.
Pros
Does not Micro-Manage
Cons
Decent Health Care benefits
Exceptional office to work in
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2014
The U.S. Marshals Service is a close knit group of law enforcement professionals who have been tested and tried and hold themselves to a higher standard that most people know. The people I worked with were the first people on the scene in spring of 1995 in OKC, OK. Their dedication to the job and to each other helps uplift all those who put their lives on the front line in fugitive apprehension.
Everyday was fun, I always enjoyed the hunt!
Task Force Investigator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2013
If you want to learn the true meaning of fugitive apprehension, and experience the hunt I suggest you apply for the Task Force. If accepted and giving the opportunity, I recommend taking it.
Check the web site for information
Deputy U.S. Marshal (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 17, 2012
Excellent job with many opportunities for positions and advancement. Check the web site for additional information.