U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE Employee Reviews

Great career.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR / DEPUTY U.S. MARSHAL (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2015
Joined USMS after almost 9 years as a Police Officer. Greatest move I ever made. Through USMS I traveled on assignments to much of the United States and a few foreign country's. I met many persons in positions of power and protected many of the same. I enjoyed the work right up to the day of my retirement. Co-workers were of the highest of caliber and management was always there for us. The hardest part of the job, to me, was sometimes the boredom of sitting in court. Just part of the job. The enjoyable part of my job was catching the bad guy. This was by far the most difficult buy most rewarding part of the job to me.
Pros
Great people and environment.
Cons
Govt. red tape.
Exceptional office to work in
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2014
The U.S. Marshals Service is a close knit group of law enforcement professionals who have been tested and tried and hold themselves to a higher standard that most people know. The people I worked with were the first people on the scene in spring of 1995 in OKC, OK. Their dedication to the job and to each other helps uplift all those who put their lives on the front line in fugitive apprehension.
Professional and personable workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at the USMS office in the Southern District of New York. The office is filled with wonderful personal that are both personable and helpful in any way they can be. I made great connections with many of the officers there as well as learned many different tasks of a USMS deputy while working in the different units.
Pros
Personel
Cons
Long Commute
A Great Place to Work
Clerk II (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2015
The atmosphere, co-workers and management were positive. Overall, an extremely pleasant organization to work for. Typical duties included accounts payable and accounts receivable, guard hire program administration, administrative duties
Everyday was fun, I always enjoyed the hunt!
Task Force Investigator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2013
If you want to learn the true meaning of fugitive apprehension, and experience the hunt I suggest you apply for the Task Force. If accepted and giving the opportunity, I recommend taking it.
High Volume of work but interesting.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you stay busy and the co-workers are team players.
Pros
does not micro-manage
Cons
decent health care benefits
Check the web site for information
Deputy U.S. Marshal (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 17, 2012
Excellent job with many opportunities for positions and advancement. Check the web site for additional information.
Great Job!
Chief Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2015
Professional workplace and supportive managers. Enjoy the depth of my responsibility and ability to work independently.

4.7