U.S. Navy Reserve

U.S. Navy Reserve Employer Reviews

Great Place
Information Systems Technician Second Class (Current Employee), coronado, caOctober 18, 2014
Loved the navy to see the world and meet new people. I joined the reserves to still be involved with the military, but left because the military is not very family oriented.
Great place to work for
Petty Officer Third Class (Current Employee), West palm Beach , FlOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Fun and energetic co-workers. Work one weekend a month and two weeks of active duty whenever you choose.
i love the military
enginemen (Current Employee), waco, txSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: i was better as a marine
great place to learn but would be better if it was active duty
Reservist
Reservist (Former Employee), Newport News, VASeptember 28, 2014
on stand by for the NAVY while in the reserve status there is not a daily routine.
A great institution to work with!
Boatswain's Mate (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 26, 2014
Great people, never a dull day. Learned a lot of things. A lot of valuable training. Lots of travel.
Great Work Experience
Intelligence Specialist (IS1) (Current Employee), St.Louis MOSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: medical insurance, travel, pay
Cons: limited time in job, senior leadship
Generally i'm working at the Reserve Center on drill weekends making sure the junior sailors get their computer based training, medical appointments, and an other things that they need done. I also conduct training for the entire Reserve Center and my own unit when asked. My unit is very hard working, doing real time production. Our senior leadership – more... when it comes to Officers is great. Thy make sure everyone is taken care of when they are aware of what is going on. We also have two great Chiefs (E-7) that make sure everyone is taken care of also. We have one chief though that is severely lacking in the mindset of a sailor. He makes sure that anything that affect his career goes first then he worries about his junior sailors. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my junior sailors are getting the most out of their experience and time in the navy. – less
a good work area
Aviation Ordnanceman (Current Employee), Coronado CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2014
When I was working in Coronado California at the naval base I mainly worked the morning shift. Everyday in the morning we have our DTA'S(daily turn around) inspections, they basically keep up on maintenance on all the aircraft. As the day further progressed we fixed our maintenance issues that were reported with the DTA inspection. I received training – more... in Pensacola Florida to be an aviation ordnanceman. I was trained in missile assembly and install and uninstalling on various aircraft, also maintenance on all of our ordnance. My management were very informative and very hands on with what needs to be done for specific evolutions, Not a day went by that I didn't feel like I didn't know what I was doing or didn't feel unsupervised. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. They also trained me and showed me how things were accomplished. The hardest part of my job was the constant movement, always on your feet and barely any time to rest. The most enjoyable part of the job was When we had a moment to relax and catch a breathe. – less
Wonderful Experiences
Information System Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: people that i worked with, location
Cons: n/a
- a joy to work with individuals from all walks of life
- wonderful training
Productive great place to work
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Marietta,GaSeptember 17, 2014
I really enjoy the navy because I get to travel and meet new people. It opens your eyes a lot when you see the countries that are poor because it makes you appreciate what is here and available. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family for months at a time, but at the same time you get to visit different places.
Military
Petty Officer Second Class (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2014
Helping other people with supplies and uniforms and cooking for the crew
PROFESSIONAL WORKFORCE
METEOROLOGIST (Current Employee), JACKSONVILLE, FLSeptember 9, 2014
PROFESSIONAL WORKFORCE DURING DRILL WEEKENDS. PHYSICAL TRAINING, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, ON THE JOB TRAINING ARE INCLUDED.
Love it!
Boatswain's Mate Second Class (Former Employee), JRB Fort WorthSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: being away from home
I meet a lot of great people and really enjoyed my time in. If you want to travel this is the way to go.
Productive and hard work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing MiSeptember 6, 2014
I had a great experience with the Navy Reserves, learned a lot and experienced necessary skills for the civilian work field.
It was the military on weekends
Interior Communications Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 19, 2014
The reserves wasn't very difficult. I mostly looked forward to the travel of the reserves and applying myself and my skills in a new way. I just reported and would be assigned anything from phone repair to building a lean to.
My management wanted us to succeed so they managed in that manner.
Coworkers were good and we all knew our jobs successfully.
The – more... hardest part was never knowing what my role would be on any given weekend.
The best part was the extra money every month and maintaining my status with the military. – less
Its good to go for ones who are nervous
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: n/a
If you not sure about active duty then the reserves is a good start.
Good experience
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), ILJuly 29, 2014
Like anything else, you get out what you put into it. If you come in with a bad attitude, then it is bad. But if you have a positive attitude, then you will have a good experience.
An encouraging and supportive learning experience
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: paid to learn
Cons: frequently pay out of pocket for work expenses
The job of a Navy Reservist is many. I am not only in charge of my own administrative information but those junior to me as well. I have two collateral duties ESAMS and Security Clearances.
Let's Go Navy
Personnel/Security Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Your commanders and surrounding shipmates make it another great learning experience in life.
Rewarding and challenging.
Navy Hospital Corpsman Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: education, benefits.
A typical day at work is like no other. Only way to experience it is to go for it,
Na
Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: away six months at a time
I would open store, inventory the store needs, I learn to handle customers services. I manage time and set schedules for employee. You can not do all things that will make everyone happy. I got to work with great people.

1 2 3 4 5