U.S. Navy Reserve

U.S. Navy Reserve Employer Reviews

Great experience
Corpsman (medic) (Current Employee), Richmond,VAJuly 21, 2014
I have learned a lot about the medical field after joining the navy and have had a lot of great experiences.
A Productive Environment
Plan of the Month Coordinator (Current Employee), Indian Island, WAJuly 20, 2014
It's a good job. You have good people you work with, and being a civilian- sailor is a great feeling.
It is a great place to work
Ensign (Current Employee), Washington D.C.July 16, 2014
I have to muster once a month, and typically I'm in full uniform and I do some training.
Had fun traveling different places
Radioman (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2014
Pros: pay is good and had fun traveling different places/states.
Cons: boot camp
Worked one weekend a month. Class room setting. Had to learn things about you area and also had to keep up with with
CPR, physical and educational training.
Productive workplace ensuring the a readily capable military force
Supervisor (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 6, 2014
This is an enjoyable place and organization to be a part of, ensuring a strong and capable naval force.
Best Job of My Life
Yeomen (Administration/Clerical) (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 24, 2014
I enjoy everything about the United States Navy. We all are a team and we work together to carry every task put before us. We leave no Sailor behind.
Best workexperience
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Pros: work relationships
Cons: deployments
• Direct Commissioned Naval Officer O-3.
• Individually plan projects based on specifications directed by high level management.
• Provide leadership to a production team of 12 workers and 2 supervisors, while ensuring all timelines and project schedules are being achieved.
• Proactively apply innovative solutions and prompt attention to details to – more... enhance risk assessments.
• Leverage man power and resources, expertise, and knowledge across multiple departments to ensure
attainment of project deliverables. – less
Fulfilling
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCJune 17, 2014
Pros: you meet valuabe people who can be a network for you.
Cons: no true breaks and you cant leave off base to get lunch so choices are very limited.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the prestige of the occupation. I get a sense of fulfillment from being a protector of lives and government property. There is a big responsibility that comes with preserving peace and I feel honored everyday to be tasked with the responsibility. The hardest part of the job is some of the attitudes you have to deal – more... with on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with the people who really value and appreciate the job that we do. What I've learned from this job is there's very little margin for error in a field as such. A bad judgment call or slackness in job performance could cost you or someone else their life. – less
U.S Navy Reserves
Petty Officer 2nd / Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, fl Macdill Airforce BaseJune 13, 2014
Pros: leadership skills acquisition, pride, discipline
Cons: there is too little time to finish everything you want during a drill weekend.
The U.S. naval reserves is a good career choice for prior active to focus on there family and civilian affairs. This is also a choice that fresh sailors can make to still be in the military while pursuing a civilian life and education.
navy
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Fallbrook, CAJune 3, 2014
i loved my job and the responsibility it gave me. i helped thousands of people on a everyday basis.
Good decision
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Charlotte NCJune 2, 2014
Pros: supplement incomes
Cons: could be choosen for ia deployment if needed
The reserves allows you to control your own destiny. Coming off of active duty, my future was completely based on the needs of the Navy. As a reservist you can serve part-time and choose where you would like to deploy to or even take advantage of educational opportunities.
Adventures and Challenging
Tech Controll and IT Support (Former Employee), VariesMay 20, 2014
Pros: fun, engaging and variety
Cons: working with different sets of ideas, people and regions.
I enjoyed the idea of accomplishing two days in one and the teamwork motto.
Us Navy Reserve
Medical/ Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMay 14, 2014
Love every minute of time in the navy
Very Intensive medical training
Very intensive dental training
Supply
Logistics Specialist Third Class (Current Employee), wiliamsburg, vaMay 12, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: no rewards
working in logistics is one of those where you do so much for the people around you with little to no praise. However we don't do it for parise we do it because we love it and we enjoying helping out sailors get everything they to successfully complete the mission
produtive enjoyed the personel
master arm (Former Employee), nofolk ,vaMay 9, 2014
Pros: great train
Cons: travel
skillfully provided waterborne and land security, aircraft and flight line security, strategic weapons and cargo security, maritime security and platform protection; conducted customs operations, corrections operations, detainee operations, and protective service operations; performed force protection, physical security and law enforcement; organized – more... and trained personnel in force protection, physical security, law enforcement, and weapons proficiency; developed plans for physical security and force protection enhancement of Navy bases, installations, property, and personnel; and assisted commands in conducting terrorist threat analysis and implementing defensive Measures. Organized and trained personnel in antiterrorism, physical security and force protection enhancement of Navy bases, installations, property and personnel. Planned, analyzed and assisted in command terrorist threat and implementing defense measures.
Perform duties in physical security and law enforcement, waterborne and land security, aircraft and flight line security, strategic weapons and cargo security, maritime security and platform protection. Assist commands in conducting terrorist threat analysis and implementing defensive measures. – less
Loved it
Logistics Specialist Second Class (Former Employee), US NavyMay 6, 2014
Most rewarding job I ever had it mad me a team player, trained me to adapt and overcome and it made me a strong willed person.
Great culture
Training Manager / Fire Inspector (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2014
Great culture and working opportunities.
Enjoyed working abroad while serving the Armed Forces.
Best exprience
First Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), norfolk, VA, Bremerton,WA, Everett, WaApril 28, 2014
learned a lot in the 10 years of active duty i did in the U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Reserves/Active Duty was the best experience in my lifetime
Religious Program Specialist (Former Employee), Brunswick, MEApril 23, 2014
Pros: team development, leadership training
Cons: legistics and access to benifits at times were an ongoing issue.
My 10 years with the U.S. Navy Reserves was the best quality job experience of my lifetime. I was able to grow in mind, body and spirit and found my leadership skills improve to their highest while working for the Chaplain's Office.

The Officers that lead our team during those 10 years where a combination of the best supervisors I have ever worked – more... under. The structure and guidance they provided surpassed any combination of public school or State Government administrative team I had ever worked for.

For me the experience I had as a Petty Officer, 2nd Class, was the best opportunity, I have ever had. I am proud of the accomplishments I made during those 10 years. Jr. Sailor of the year, 2005. Sailor of the Year, 2006 along with 5 distinguished service medals and 9 out of 10 positive physical training reviews for the years I served. – less
ABH3
Aviation Boatswains Mate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
I spent little time in the reserves even though the amount of time covered id over a year. I spent only weekends with the reserves so did not have a great opportunity to establish much of a rapport with the unit.

1 2 3 4 5