U.S. Navy Reserve

U.S. Navy Reserve Employer Reviews

Its good to go for ones who are nervous
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: n/a
If you not sure about active duty then the reserves is a good start.
Good experience
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), ILJuly 29, 2014
Like anything else, you get out what you put into it. If you come in with a bad attitude, then it is bad. But if you have a positive attitude, then you will have a good experience.
An encouraging and supportive learning experience
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: paid to learn
Cons: frequently pay out of pocket for work expenses
The job of a Navy Reservist is many. I am not only in charge of my own administrative information but those junior to me as well. I have two collateral duties ESAMS and Security Clearances.
Let's Go Navy
Personnel/Security Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Your commanders and surrounding shipmates make it another great learning experience in life.
Rewarding and challenging.
Navy Hospital Corpsman Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: education, benefits.
A typical day at work is like no other. Only way to experience it is to go for it,
Na
Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: away six months at a time
I would open store, inventory the store needs, I learn to handle customers services. I manage time and set schedules for employee. You can not do all things that will make everyone happy. I got to work with great people.
Having Fun and Being Productive weenkend
Berthing Petty Officer/ Engineman, Surge main Unit (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: seeing the world while learning about other cultures
Cons: once there theres a good chance of doing sea duty
Berthing Petty Officer/ Engineman I ensure that personel that areliving out side the 50 mile radious have proper lodging accomedations. , I also perform it support within the reserve center helping others with software and comp issues.
Attending Daily training classes and keeping up with being mobilization ready
Technical Trainer at the Navy Reserve – more... Center – less
Great
Petty Officer Second Class (Current Employee), Virginia BeachJuly 22, 2014
Great compared to active duty. The work life balance is great when you compare it to that of the active duty life.
Great experience
Corpsman (medic) (Current Employee), Richmond,VAJuly 21, 2014
I have learned a lot about the medical field after joining the navy and have had a lot of great experiences.
A Productive Environment
Plan of the Month Coordinator (Current Employee), Indian Island, WAJuly 20, 2014
It's a good job. You have good people you work with, and being a civilian- sailor is a great feeling.
very rewarding work
Logistic Specialist 3rd Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), SacramentoJuly 16, 2014
mainly work at supply department ordering stuffs and giving stuffs and orders
It is a great place to work
Ensign (Current Employee), Washington D.C.July 16, 2014
I have to muster once a month, and typically I'm in full uniform and I do some training.
Had fun traveling different places
Radioman (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2014
Pros: pay is good and had fun traveling different places/states.
Cons: boot camp
Worked one weekend a month. Class room setting. Had to learn things about you area and also had to keep up with with
CPR, physical and educational training.
Productive workplace ensuring the a readily capable military force
Supervisor (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 6, 2014
This is an enjoyable place and organization to be a part of, ensuring a strong and capable naval force.
Best Job of My Life
Yeomen (Administration/Clerical) (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 24, 2014
I enjoy everything about the United States Navy. We all are a team and we work together to carry every task put before us. We leave no Sailor behind.
Best workexperience
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Pros: work relationships
Cons: deployments
• Direct Commissioned Naval Officer O-3.
• Individually plan projects based on specifications directed by high level management.
• Provide leadership to a production team of 12 workers and 2 supervisors, while ensuring all timelines and project schedules are being achieved.
• Proactively apply innovative solutions and prompt attention to details to – more... enhance risk assessments.
• Leverage man power and resources, expertise, and knowledge across multiple departments to ensure
attainment of project deliverables. – less
Fulfilling
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCJune 17, 2014
Pros: you meet valuabe people who can be a network for you.
Cons: no true breaks and you cant leave off base to get lunch so choices are very limited.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the prestige of the occupation. I get a sense of fulfillment from being a protector of lives and government property. There is a big responsibility that comes with preserving peace and I feel honored everyday to be tasked with the responsibility. The hardest part of the job is some of the attitudes you have to deal – more... with on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with the people who really value and appreciate the job that we do. What I've learned from this job is there's very little margin for error in a field as such. A bad judgment call or slackness in job performance could cost you or someone else their life. – less
U.S Navy Reserves
Petty Officer 2nd / Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, fl Macdill Airforce BaseJune 13, 2014
Pros: leadership skills acquisition, pride, discipline
Cons: there is too little time to finish everything you want during a drill weekend.
The U.S. naval reserves is a good career choice for prior active to focus on there family and civilian affairs. This is also a choice that fresh sailors can make to still be in the military while pursuing a civilian life and education.
navy
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Fallbrook, CAJune 3, 2014
i loved my job and the responsibility it gave me. i helped thousands of people on a everyday basis.
Good decision
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Charlotte NCJune 2, 2014
Pros: supplement incomes
Cons: could be choosen for ia deployment if needed
The reserves allows you to control your own destiny. Coming off of active duty, my future was completely based on the needs of the Navy. As a reservist you can serve part-time and choose where you would like to deploy to or even take advantage of educational opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5