U.S. Navy Reserve

U.S. Navy Reserve Employer Reviews

KENNEL ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Being in the military is very rewarding. There are a lot of benefits to serving your country and serving "part time" helps to make it even easier to do so.
I throughly enjoy working for the Navy and the diversity it gives me.
United States Navy Reserve Department Chief (Current Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 24, 2015
A typical work day for me includes many management decisions. I part I enjoy the most is being able to affect other people in a positive way.
Very interesting field.
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Hospital Corpsman perform random medical duties similar to a medical assistant in the civilian world. I've learned how to give CPR, take blood pressure, take blood, apply IV's, and learned many EMT exercises.
Wouldn't change a thing
Aircrewman mechanical (Current Employee), Naval Base Ventura CountyJanuary 27, 2015
Training small groups with minimum supervision to complete tasks in a leadership role. Maintain physical readiness, professionalism, and cleanliness throughout the work center.
Adventure and opportunities on a part-time basis
Yeoman First Class (E-6) (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2015
As a reservist, you have the ability to receive the benefits of a full-time, active duty individual, with only a part-time requirement (one weekend a month/two weeks a year). The Navy Reserve is a fabulous opportunity to give back to your country, while also enjoying the benefits of travel and adventure, while promoting a second career in the military. I highly recommend reserve military opportunities and encourage those who have ever considered the military, to consider the reserves. It's flexible, and in some ways offers more opportunities than the active duty side.
Great leader ship , and an over great life expirience
Corpsman (Current Employee), Pasadina CAJanuary 12, 2015
Maintain medical records on active duty & reservists personnel for all immunizations, physical requirements, and lab results to help maintain commands deploy ability.
I have learned how to be a leader, follow orders, and to get the job done as fast and as safe as possible.
Team work is one of our main goals in the Navy, we learn to work very well together.
The lack of sleep is probably the hardest part of the job times you go 40 hours without sleep.
You become good friends with who you work with its like a home away from home, its like a big family.
Great way to start a military career
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2015
You stay motivated and learn so much in just a weekend. This is actually the best 2nd job I've ever had.
Rewarding
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Many chances to better yourself in and out of the organization.
Consistent
Engineman (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
It is the Navy lite*, a good balance between military and civilian life.
General Work
Steel worker (Current Employee), Jacksonville FlJanuary 4, 2015
Good Hours Lots of training learn a lot of things you can use in the civilian world
Self managed, great part time job
Electricans mate first class (Former Employee), Millington, TNJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch, cheap health care
Cons: lack of resources, difficulty getting orders, subject to the whims of congress
This is the Navy reserve, you work for one weekend a month and at least 2 weeks a year, there are constant frustrations, because it is you who is in charge of your future there. there isn't enough time to get all you need to do done on most weekend.
You control your future.
sometimes the resources you need are out of reach.
support staff is understaffed to maintain the number of people they do many slip through the cracks despite best intentions
Challenging, fulfilling, rewarding, great benefits, interesting people.
Active Duty Deployment, Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, Ohio and Jacksonville FloridaJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: saving tax payer dollars, doing my part in national defense for the u.s.a
Cons: long hours, seven day weeks, being on call 24 hours a day
I arrive at the office at 0630.I spend about five minutes disabling the intrusion detection systems. Once I have successfully accessed the computer system, I log into NetWeaver and begin running my morning reports. Once my reports are complete, I open Microsoft Excel and run the macros which I developed. Once the macros have successfully pulled in data from reports, I have the basic tool I need to reconcile directorate budgets. Reconciling budgets may take hours.

In addition to reconciliations, I also have to organize travel, arrange meetings, produce PowerPoint presentations, answer phone queries and handle intra-office issues. These issues may include anything from requests for approval, dispute management and problem solving.

In the afternoon, I may have to facilitate meetings and conferences with high ranking military officials of all branches. One of the most challenging and rewarding facets of facilitating these meetings is learning to relate one on one with the varied personalities present.

In addition to having a thorough knowledge of Microsoft products, I am expected to be able to research the rule of law regarding potential new programs. I am also proficient with SAP, PeopleSoft, SharePoint and DBWebsign.
Great Experience
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Belle Chasse, LADecember 29, 2014
I enjoy being part of an organization that not only is contributing to my country but has taught me many life skills. I have the opportunity to grow in this organization and still have time for a career and personal life. This organization has trained me and taught me leadership skills I can use in any organization.
productive
Parachute Rigger (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 25, 2014
typically worked once a month cleaning floors, the most enjoyable part of the job was listening to other sailors talk about their experiences
Constant Change
Funeral Honor Guard (Current Employee), Tampa Bay, FLDecember 21, 2014
Pros: provides great benefits.
Cons: this is not a full time position.
A typical day at work would include attending a funeral service, folding an American flag and the playing of military honors.
I have learned how important professional is during the time of grief for loved ones of the deceased.

I have also learned how to coordinate with funeral directors to accommodate the needs of the family.

I have been able to be the Team Leader on a few funerals which have allowed me to be a leadership position numerous times.

The hardest part of my job was to stare into the eyes of a widow and present the American Flag on behalf of the President and not become emotional along with her.

The most enjoyable part was knowing that being apart of these types of ceremonies was a pay of paying tribute my fellow Navy veterans.
Great Culture
Master at Arm/ Military Police (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: military culture
Since I am in the Reserves I do the job one weekend a month and two weeks out of the year. A typical day consist of me delegating Sailors to stand a security watch throughout the building and at the entrance gate. I also perform urinalysis/ drug testing for Sailors to make sure we are clean and sober to perform our military duties. Management is what you make it, if you are adamant about an opportunity they will be more than happy to help you. The hardest part of the job can be the people that you work with because the military is a melting pot you are always working with different kinds of people. But on the contrary the most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you work with. When you are able to take a group of people from different backgrounds to achieve a common goal it is very fulfilling.
Very knowledgeable company to work for.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
I am a Reservist in the USN. I am an E-4 and i have advanced from an E-1. While being in the Navy it has taught me the responsibility of leadership, integrity and time management. The hardest part of being apart of this company is being away from my daughter for long periods of time. My favorite part of this career is traveling once a year.
Amazing workplace
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 7, 2014
This job has made me realize all my leadership skills and, how I can utilize them in my daily life. The navy reserves was second chance at gaining discipline and direction in my life.
It's the military.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2014
It's what you would expect from the military in a reserve fashion. Full time you get all of the benefits and a great schedule, if you are stateside. You learn a ton of life skills, and build great relationships while you serve.
good starter
Military Police (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2014
military mornings, a lot of training
•Provided security and physical protection for service members.

•Trained fellow Sailors in security and shore patrol duties.

•Served as a security advisor for my designated squadron.

•Assisted in crowd control and riot prevention.

•Operated military prisons (brigs) on board ships.

•Handled and cared for search dogs that detect narcotics and explosives.

1 2 3 4 5