U.S. Navy Reserve

U.S. Navy Reserve Employer Reviews

Hull Technician
Hull Technician (Current Employee), Millinton,tnNovember 26, 2014
Days start with meetings and an overview of the previos and up-coming events. I perform paperwork to keep up with physical statis of the Navy. There are doctor visit as well as dental to keep these requirements.
Reserve Duty Military
SPEAR/Operations Branch Chief (Former Employee), Newport, RINovember 19, 2014
Pros: great everything
Cons: again, no time to sleep
The job is outstanding. Please ask me if you have any questions concerning the US Navy Reserves. I have been in the active/reserve military role for over 18 years.
Military
Electrician's Mate Second Class (Former Employee), Norfolk VA / Salt Lake City UTNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great career building experience
Cons: deployments
As with any military service it is what you make of it. Advancement is fair. The opportunity to gain knowledge is limitless.
Best at What they Do
Aircrew Ordnanceman (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WANovember 17, 2014
This is the Armed Services of America! It's reputation strong, and forthright. Training everyone to be the best an American can be.
great benefits
Operations Officer, Lieutenant (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: occassional deployments
Awesome career that allows you to develop your leadership skills.
Same as above
Master at Arms First Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), White River Junction, VTNovember 5, 2014
Pros: same as previous
Cons: same as previous
Same as previous write up.
Long hrs.
Good pay and bennifits
suppervisory position.
United States Navy Seabee
Construction Electrician (Current Employee), United StatesNovember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
Its a great honor and opportunity to be able to serve my country and give the best in me that I can give.
Great Place
Information Systems Technician Second Class (Current Employee), coronado, caOctober 18, 2014
Loved the navy to see the world and meet new people. I joined the reserves to still be involved with the military, but left because the military is not very family oriented.
Great place to work for
Petty Officer Third Class (Current Employee), West palm Beach , FlOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Fun and energetic co-workers. Work one weekend a month and two weeks of active duty whenever you choose.
i love the military
enginemen (Current Employee), waco, txSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: i was better as a marine
great place to learn but would be better if it was active duty
Reservist
Reservist (Former Employee), Newport News, VASeptember 28, 2014
on stand by for the NAVY while in the reserve status there is not a daily routine.
A great institution to work with!
Boatswain's Mate (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 26, 2014
Great people, never a dull day. Learned a lot of things. A lot of valuable training. Lots of travel.
Great Work Experience
Intelligence Specialist (IS1) (Current Employee), St.Louis MOSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: medical insurance, travel, pay
Cons: limited time in job, senior leadship
Generally i'm working at the Reserve Center on drill weekends making sure the junior sailors get their computer based training, medical appointments, and an other things that they need done. I also conduct training for the entire Reserve Center and my own unit when asked. My unit is very hard working, doing real time production. Our senior leadership when it comes to Officers is great. Thy make sure everyone is taken care of when they are aware of what is going on. We also have two great Chiefs (E-7) that make sure everyone is taken care of also. We have one chief though that is severely lacking in the mindset of a sailor. He makes sure that anything that affect his career goes first then he worries about his junior sailors. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my junior sailors are getting the most out of their experience and time in the navy.
a good work area
Aviation Ordnanceman (Current Employee), Coronado CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2014
When I was working in Coronado California at the naval base I mainly worked the morning shift. Everyday in the morning we have our DTA'S(daily turn around) inspections, they basically keep up on maintenance on all the aircraft. As the day further progressed we fixed our maintenance issues that were reported with the DTA inspection. I received training in Pensacola Florida to be an aviation ordnanceman. I was trained in missile assembly and install and uninstalling on various aircraft, also maintenance on all of our ordnance. My management were very informative and very hands on with what needs to be done for specific evolutions, Not a day went by that I didn't feel like I didn't know what I was doing or didn't feel unsupervised. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. They also trained me and showed me how things were accomplished. The hardest part of my job was the constant movement, always on your feet and barely any time to rest. The most enjoyable part of the job was When we had a moment to relax and catch a breathe.
Wonderful Experiences
Information System Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: people that i worked with, location
Cons: n/a
- a joy to work with individuals from all walks of life
- wonderful training
Productive great place to work
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Marietta,GaSeptember 17, 2014
I really enjoy the navy because I get to travel and meet new people. It opens your eyes a lot when you see the countries that are poor because it makes you appreciate what is here and available. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family for months at a time, but at the same time you get to visit different places.
Military
Petty Officer Second Class (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2014
Helping other people with supplies and uniforms and cooking for the crew
PROFESSIONAL WORKFORCE
METEOROLOGIST (Current Employee), JACKSONVILLE, FLSeptember 9, 2014
PROFESSIONAL WORKFORCE DURING DRILL WEEKENDS. PHYSICAL TRAINING, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, ON THE JOB TRAINING ARE INCLUDED.
Love it!
Boatswain's Mate Second Class (Former Employee), JRB Fort WorthSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: being away from home
I meet a lot of great people and really enjoyed my time in. If you want to travel this is the way to go.
Productive and hard work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing MiSeptember 6, 2014
I had a great experience with the Navy Reserves, learned a lot and experienced necessary skills for the civilian work field.

U.S. Navy Reserve Photos