U.S. Navy Reserve

U.S. Navy Reserve Employer Reviews

produtive enjoyed the personel
master arm (Former Employee), nofolk ,vaMay 9, 2014
Pros: great train
Cons: travel
skillfully provided waterborne and land security, aircraft and flight line security, strategic weapons and cargo security, maritime security and platform protection; conducted customs operations, corrections operations, detainee operations, and protective service operations; performed force protection, physical security and law enforcement; organized and trained personnel in force protection, physical security, law enforcement, and weapons proficiency; developed plans for physical security and force protection enhancement of Navy bases, installations, property, and personnel; and assisted commands in conducting terrorist threat analysis and implementing defensive Measures. Organized and trained personnel in antiterrorism, physical security and force protection enhancement of Navy bases, installations, property and personnel. Planned, analyzed and assisted in command terrorist threat and implementing defense measures.
Perform duties in physical security and law enforcement, waterborne and land security, aircraft and flight line security, strategic weapons and cargo security, maritime security and platform protection. Assist commands in conducting terrorist threat analysis and implementing defensive measures.
Loved it
Logistics Specialist Second Class (Former Employee), US NavyMay 6, 2014
Most rewarding job I ever had it mad me a team player, trained me to adapt and overcome and it made me a strong willed person.
Great culture
Training Manager / Fire Inspector (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2014
Great culture and working opportunities.
Enjoyed working abroad while serving the Armed Forces.
Best exprience
First Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), norfolk, VA, Bremerton,WA, Everett, WaApril 28, 2014
learned a lot in the 10 years of active duty i did in the U.S. Navy
U.S. Navy Reserves/Active Duty was the best experience in my lifetime
Religious Program Specialist (Former Employee), Brunswick, MEApril 23, 2014
Pros: team development, leadership training
Cons: legistics and access to benifits at times were an ongoing issue.
My 10 years with the U.S. Navy Reserves was the best quality job experience of my lifetime. I was able to grow in mind, body and spirit and found my leadership skills improve to their highest while working for the Chaplain's Office.

The Officers that lead our team during those 10 years where a combination of the best supervisors I have ever worked under. The structure and guidance they provided surpassed any combination of public school or State Government administrative team I had ever worked for.

For me the experience I had as a Petty Officer, 2nd Class, was the best opportunity, I have ever had. I am proud of the accomplishments I made during those 10 years. Jr. Sailor of the year, 2005. Sailor of the Year, 2006 along with 5 distinguished service medals and 9 out of 10 positive physical training reviews for the years I served.
ABH3
Aviation Boatswains Mate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
I spent little time in the reserves even though the amount of time covered id over a year. I spent only weekends with the reserves so did not have a great opportunity to establish much of a rapport with the unit.
An Amazing and Awarding Experience
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2014
Most work is classified, but this is a very rewarding job. You have the opportunity to work closely with high ranking individuals, as well as develop your analytic and public speaking skills.
Very Rewarding
Builder (Former Employee), Blackstone, VAApril 9, 2014
Very Rewarding, wish I could've stayed in. Weekends can become inconvienent. Other than that its Great
Military
Leading First Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 9, 2014
Excellent opportunity for anyone needing discipline and a structured environment. A great way to explore and travel the world while gaining friendships and experiences of a lifetime.
Great
Crytpologic Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, CoMarch 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Attended Joint Cyber Analysis Course (JCAC). Trained in Computer Network Operations (CNO) and cyber warfare. Developed requirements understanding, implementation and utilization of proven Computer Network Defense (CND) and Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) techniques and methodologies. Trained in Active Exploitation, CND and Information Assurance including; technical concepts, hacking methodologies, packet analysis, malware, enumeration, encryption technologies and firewall and IDS implementations.
Managed 20 personnel in the detection and reaction to threats of national security networks. Implemented proven defensive stature against external and internal threats through the use in-depth technical and non-technical means. Provided tactical communications and network security for Special Operations units forwarded deployed to the Middle East.
Lead a 6 personnel team in digital network analysis and target development of an extremely high priority target in support of various military operations. Devoted over 5,300 hours of research, network forensics, and analysis to provided valuable intelligence to the United States Navy, NSA, CIA, and the FBI. Uncovered complex internetworking schemes and layouts that resulted in the production of 35 digital network intelligence reports, which changed national policy three times. Identified previously unknown network access points that enabled highly specialized and crucial collection for combat support for the Global War on Terrorism. Provided training to 30 personnel on five network analysis tools, which improved analysts’ content search – more... capabilities and increased overall mission productivity by 30%. Advised on information security matters, aided in the determination of classification of data, and provided guidance ensuring all personnel were familiar with correct storage procedures of classified material in compliance with the NSA/CSS Classification Manual 1-52.
Responsible for receipt, processing, and distribution of SI Communications support to the USS Belleau Wood (LHA-3), The Eleventh Marine Expeditionary Unit, and Expeditionary Strike Group Three. Operated eight automated message handling systems to include data, video, and voice circuits. Provided training to seven personnel in all areas of shipboard communications which resulted in improved operator’s knowledge of fleet operations and created shift time flexibility. Accountable for the operation, performance, and disaster recovery the ships TS/SCI local area network, through maintenance of the primary and backup domain servers, disk array, router, and workstations. – less
Professional Environment, Learning Intensive
Aviation Maintenance, Petty Officer US Navy (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and job security
Cons: possible time away from family
I didn't know what work was until I joined the US Navy. I Learned a lot about professionalism and teamwork during my time as an Active Duty Airman. The community is heavily safety and learning intensive, especially because my field is Aviation Maintenance. I learned how important attention to detail is, and what its like to organize and collaborate with others in order to get the job done. In the reserves focus has shifted more towards constant training since we only meet once a month usually. I am in a position of higher authority now and find myself in charge of training others on important aspects of the job.
United States Navy Reserves
Firefighter I/II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: 1 weekend a month, two weeks a year.
Cons: deployment
Always working and training.
Fast paced environment.
Chain of command, tons of leadership.
Good/Moral Job to have.
Master-at-Arms (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2014
Not a bad part-time job if you're looking for experience and the potential to go somewhere. I had my moral reasons for joining.
Construction Electrician (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 9, 2014
Good pay, good benefits, advancement is starting to become poor.
Excellent Jump Start for a Career
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Offutt AFB, NEMarch 4, 2014
The Navy has taught me many Civilian-relatable job skills working as an Intelligence specialist. Analytic techniques, a federal top secret clearance, and cultivation of a strong attention to detail are but a few of the career assets I have gained from serving.
Challenging environment, very productive, co-workers were always proficient and reliable
Senior Advanced Medical Lab Tech/QC Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: rarely micromanaged; our supervisors trusted us
Cons: extremely busy, not always able to take breaks or spend time with family if called into work
Workdays consisted of approximately 8-12 hours depending on number of personnel. It was a military installation so we frequently lost people for random deployments without notice therefore work load was increased. Everyone did very well at their job, most were experienced in all areas of the laboratory. The hardest part of the job was mostly stress when we were shorthanded and having to be called in at a moment's notice. However, it was mostly handled with good spirits and the knowledge that work had to be done. I generally always worked under good management. We had several experienced retired military personnel who as civilians were very good at their job and keeping order within the department. Most days consisted of working at your assigned station, whether Microbiology or Chemistry, all day. We had a lunch break and rest room breaks. If we needed help, we could ask another co-worker to cover for a while. We usually stayed at one station for about 1-3 months rotation then our supervisors liked to rotate us to another station to keep our skills up. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling productive, seeing our work fall easily within the testing times and we had good communication with other healthcare professionals in the hospitals. We also typically tried to plan co-workers birthday parties or going away parties and if one had to work holidays, we tried to do something nice for them as well.
very nice and fun to work with those friendly shipmate.
Machinist (Current Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Muster early in the morning . gather around and the chief will pass down all the task need to get done of the day.
I have learn a lot about the Team work , discipline to work under all type of condition.
work and management on what ever the equipment that we work with.
co worker is always there to help out when ever is needed..
The hardest part of the job is team work and have to have a good communication but we already pass through all of those .
good team work. friendly environment get the job done on time
Love Military Life
EKG tech, Vital (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: may require additional time from your day
Teamwork, advancement opportunities, travel opportunities.
Excellent place to work, challenging and rewarding.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN CHIEF PETTY OFFICER (Current Employee), Pearl Harbor, HIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel, pay.
Cons: long hours, separation from ohana.
Excellent place to work, challenging and rewarding.
Made a lot of contacts and seeking future employment.
Challenging, yet very rewarding place to work
Logistic Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: espirit de corps and feelings of accomplishment
Cons: trying to fit a month's worth of work into one weekend.
A typical day at work consist of me formulating requests for berthing, meals, uniforms and any necessary equipment needed for the Drill Weekend training and/or our two week Annual Training. I have learned a lot about the importance of logistics in the functioning of organizations. My co-workers are virtually all Master-At-Arms. The hardest part of my job is trying to get everything done before the weekend is over as there are 30 plus members in my unit. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a wide variety of interesting people from different walks of life, and yet all have a common purpose and unity.

U.S. Navy Reserve Photos