U.S. Navy Reserve

⦁ GREAT COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER SKILLS
⦁ FUN AND ENERGETIC ATTITUDE
⦁ WILLING TO LEARN AND FLEXIBLE
⦁ ENJOY HELPING PEOPLE AND OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER HANDLING
Great values and advancement opportunities.
Petty Officer 2nd Class (Military Police) (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 26, 2013
I have obtained great management skills while serving in the Navy Reserve. My typical day would include assisting with the training of lower ranking sailors as well and providing physical security for military facilities.

I am a part of the Harbor Patrol Unit with the Naval Base in Sasebo, Japan. I enjoy conducting law enforcement in any capacity.
It is very good to get along with a lot of different kinds of people
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Fort LewisAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: no cons
the most enjoyable part of the job is just doing something and feeling good about it.
Educational
Master At Arms (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 20, 2013
United states navy reserve was very fun, educational and insightful.
Job stability
Funeral Honor Guard (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2013
The military provides job stability providing growth and change throughout one's career.
US Navy Reserve
YN1(EXW) / Yeoman / Cargo Handler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, healthcare benefits
Cons: not a full time job
A typical day at work is classroom training and attending ceremonies. Learning was always a top priority and availability to learn was always present. Management was supportive. Co-workers worked as team players to accomplish specific goals. The hardest part of the job was being deployed for extended periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was meeting new people and working with co-workers in different environments. – less
Challenging Environment
Aerographer's Mate Second Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches and travel
Cons: you can get called to leave at anytime depending on the situation.
Reservists are trained professionals capable and willing to contribute to ongoing Navy training, planning and operations. Caring for the medical needs of a deployed Sailor’s children, or helping to renovate a Navy base, Navy Reservists’ lives are full of exciting challenges and gratifying moments on duty. At the same time, You are free to pursue their – more... own interests which means you can serve in the Reserve and have a full-time civilian job. Live and work where you want. Be there for your family. And live the everyday life of your choosing. – less
Good camaraderie among personnel.
Intelligence Analyst-Targeting, NR USSTRATCOM (Current Employee), STRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NEJuly 15, 2013
Pros: sometimes free and reduced cost lunches, time for physical fitness and benefits for a part time position.
Cons: training time, possible callups for deployments, loss of weekend time.
Good pay and benefits for the amount of time on the job. Training and medical and other requirements take a significant amount of time away from learning and doing the job you were hired to do except when completing two week annual tour.
Organized Environment
Work Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2013
Carry out the plan of the day assist younger sailors with their duties and learning's.
Productive and advantageous place to work
Master at Arms (Current Employee), Nas Meridian, MSJuly 10, 2013
A typical day at work invloves basic security functions, and patrolling the installation. I learned a great deal about the military and dealing with people in a one on one environment. I also learned a great deal about personal responsibility and managment. The hardest part of the job is waiting on possible deployment orders. The most enjoyable thing – more... about my job is working with people. – less
love being able to serve my country while at the same time i can work in a civilian job
Basic Training/ Master at Arms Training (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 8, 2013
I work one weekend a month Saturday and Sunday, i have learned how to lead people who I have never met and I have also been able to grow as a person being able to to see what i can push myself to accomplish. They will push you until you break just to help you learn to go beyond what you think you can handle.
Great career
Water purification specialists (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: career
Cons: away from family months at a time
I enjoyed my time with the Navy. I learned how to fight fires on board a ship, how to order supplies using a computer, manage a crew, purify water and much more.

Co-workers look out for each other!

Hardest part of this job is being away from my family for months at a time.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping my country fight in the Desert – more... Shield and Desert Storm War. – less
Fast paced environment.
Master-At-Arms (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 2, 2013
A typical day at work is fast paced, we are always trying to get our assignments done. The management is good, we have good leaders at our base. However, it could be better. My coworkers are highly motivated and experienced individuals, I have learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be trying to get small things accomplished. – more... There should be more computers. – less
Weekend Warrior
Gunners Mate (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 1, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: may have to leave family
Ready Reserve in the United States Navy. Train to Keep my skills keen and my assets to the fullest potential.
Good part time job
Petty Officer First Class (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 26, 2013
Pros: travel, pay
If you need a good part time job, the reserves are the best. Pay is good, benefits are good for a part-timer. You get full base privileges but you only get medical if you are on duty. It was a fun time and the travel was awesome.
Challenging yet fun
Logistics Specialist First Class (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJune 22, 2013
I learned a lot about being a leader and managing people. Time management is crucial in the U.S. Navy.
Very productive work place with fun people and great benefits
Certified Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2013
• Manages inventories of repair parts/ general supplies.

• Distributes mail for ships, squadrons, and shore-based activities.

• Procures, receives, stores and issues material and repair components.

• Utilizes financial accounting and database systems to perform inventory and financial management

functions.

• Sorts and distributes all official and – more... personal mail, manage money order and stamp inventories, and

maintain financial and inventory reports.

• Responsible for the daily operations of customer service, maintained files, operate computer applications

Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, and PowerPoint – less
CONTINUING THE COMRADERY OF ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE
BOATSWAIN'S MATE (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2013
THE US NAVY RESERVES ALLOWS ME TO FURTHER MY MILITARY SERVICE WHILE BALANCING MY CIVILIAN CAREER EFFICIENTLY.
The military becomes yours.
Corpsman (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 11, 2013
In the reserves, you only have to report oe weekend from each month, and two weeks out the year. The weekend will be pretty typical from month to month, but your 2 weeks will vary depending on your job.
Secure career with great chance of advancement
admin support personnel (Current Employee), Great Lakes, ILMay 27, 2013
Diverse workplace where you meet different kind of people from different places. I enjoy the part where I travel in different parts of the world.

U.S. Navy Reserve Photos