U.S. Navy
7,857 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Great employment for learning skills, discipline, and teamwork.
Military Instructor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2014
Work is sometimes overwhelming due to required time and dangers involved as military personnel, but the benefits are great, the training opportunities are beneficial, and the experience can't be beat.
Well organized environemnt
Aviation Boatswain Mate- Handler (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, structure and organization
Very structured and detailed orientated. Had the opportunity to work with many different people and environments. Consistently challenged and learning new things.
stracture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mayport, FlAugust 31, 2014
great structure that builds on safety for the company and alot of ways to advance
Professional, committed, YOU WILL see the world
Cook (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits, location of your duty station
Cons: leaving your family
You will work a 0900 to 1500 job because, the Navy will work nonstop to get their job done right with little to no errors. The leadership is well organized and will demand the best out of their sailors. Peers will also work nonstop with the leadership just to get off work at a timely manner. but,leaving your your family is hard when the ship is scheduled – more... for a 6 to 9 month deployment. This is quickly surpass because in 2 to 3 weeks, the ship will be mourning to their first liberty port – less
Specialized work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 30, 2014
Working in the military provided me with knowledge in different areas of the supply department. I was able to advance pretty quick and get to the supervisor level. I was in charge of 4 of the biggest programs in the command and was in charge of a whole work center. at various times I was delegated with other types of jobs outside of the command because – more... of my work ethic, knowledge and responsibility. higher ranking individuals had trust in my work and displayed it up until the end of my naval career. – less
Great job to take from beginner to well experienced.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: excellent makers of quality leaders
Long work days but with enough time to have to catch up on things for yourself. Learned how to be a leader and work in difficult situations.
One of the best time of my life.
AIRCRAFT STRUCTURAL MECHANIC (Former Employee), NAS LEMOOREAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great training and people.
Cons: long time away from home and the family.
I learned a lot of life lessons in the Navy. Not just about working hard, but about life and what it takes to be a man.
Proud to be a USN Airdale
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 29, 2014
I very much enjoyed being in the navy. I did 5 years active service and and currently going to stay reserve.
US Navy
Yeoman/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Millington, TNAugust 29, 2014
Proudly served in the greatest branch of service on earth for nearly 12 years. I served honorably and proudly. Very happy of my accomplishments. The US Navy paid for my undergraduate degree as well as paying for some of my MBA.
Hospital Corpsman
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), VirginaiAugust 29, 2014
Pros: learning everyday
Cons: military life
working in areas of Emergency Room, Medical Records, Family Practice
All around great!
Aviation Boatswain Mate- Fuels (Former Employee), Norfolk Naval Station, VAAugust 29, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my enlistment in the United States Navy. The military gave me the tools I needed to seek out what truly motivated me.
Fosters growth and intelligence
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 28, 2014
Everyday is different and challenges. Able to build a foundation.
I love the Navy
Corpsman (Former Employee), San Diego, California.August 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: stationed further away from family
I love and miss everything about the military. I made great friends and obtained excellent real world/work experience. I would recommend the military to anyone who is willing to take a chance.
Best experience of my life! (Equipment Operator)
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Gulfport NCBC, MSAugust 28, 2014
Pros: travel and experience.
Cons: deployed for long periods of time.
-A typical day at work as a EO (equipment Operator) is performing pre maintenance checks on all kinds of heavy construction equipment. After the pre check are completed, be sent to a construction site to operate, supervise, and train personnel on how to perform certain construction techniques.

-I learned how to operate Graders, Scrapers, Dozers, Front – more... End Loaders, Forklifts etc. Also how to manage and supervise a construction crew while maintaining safety as the highest priority.

-Management was good, always something to learn. Tons of experience passed down to make you a better manager.

-Co- workers were outstanding! I have never worked with a more hard working force. Team oriented and always willing to help. We could all count on each other, and worked hard every day.

-Hardest part of the job was being deployed for long periods of time away from your family.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel and of course the operating. It felt great to be done at the end of the day knowing you worked hard and were satisfied with the product you produced for the customer. – less
US Navy
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2014
It is hard to describe a typical work day in the navy, in Maryland I was the physical security officer for Uniformed Services University and a work day for me there was checking into my office, checking emails and answering questions about physical security instructions. Keeping up with the key control system and participating in section training and – more... ceremonies. As well as monitoring and maintaining the CCTV systems for the entire school on a regular basis. My favorite part of the job was all the knowledge I gained about physical security and even about intelligence information release procedures for the area. – less
Great Benefits
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great benifits and friends
Cons: being away from family for long periods of time
Doing maintenance on the equipment, construction projects and line hauling. Worked with a great group of people, learned how to come together and work as a team in tough situations.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Cashier and Depositing Agent (Current Employee), virginia beach, vaAugust 28, 2014
educational work place with a lot of hands on training. higher ups willing to teach you a lot.
Challenging yet rewarding
Fire Controlman Leading Petty Officer (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: travel, education benefits, pay/healthcare
Cons: long deployments
Performed several different duties and had excellent opportunities to advance myself professionally and personally.
Great times spent here.
Hospital Corpsman (Optician/Instructor) (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 28, 2014
Great group of people to work for and with. Had a great time for approximately 21 years and wish I was still serving.
N/A
Entry Level Supervisor (Former Employee), Gulfport MSAugust 28, 2014
Yeoman perform administrative and clerical work. They receive visitors, answer telephone calls and sort incoming mail. They type, organize files and operate modern office equipment such as word processing computers and copying machines

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more