U.S. Navy
10,117 reviews

U.S. Navy United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 23, 2015
Great place to grow as an person. Great people and very good work environment. lots of fisical activities. they really keep you in shape.
The Greatest Job Ever.
Culinary Specialist/Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Traveling
Cons: 18hr shifts
I can't explain how important serving my country was and enjoyable this was one of the greatest learning experience I've ever had.I learned how to adapt to situations as they arise and always remain professional and efficient.The Command I worked for was a family oriented environment and always focused on bettering every sailor that has crossed the door seal.The shipmates I worked with has forged a lifetime bond that can never be broken because we've been through a lot of ups and downs and we were only able to depend on each other.The hardest part of the job was writing a will everytime we deployed for the Gulf.The most enjoyable part was coming home to family.
Very progressive medical environment
Contract - Adult / Peds Critical Care Therapist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Constantly learning new moralities or procedures
Cons: Keeping those youthful minds in-the-game when appropriate
An ever changing environmental critical strategies for a wide variety of pulmonary patients. Everyday, as a clinician, new techniques are shared and applied for the betterment of patients and health care workers.
As a contract worker I was treated no different than Government Service workers.
But, the ill of the environment was the stubborn youthful minds that exhibited "flighty" attitudes at the wrong time. Such as putting their own interests before the patients, the mission, and the department.

The best part in my employment there was that it consummated, daily, a family environment that made it enjoyable to be there.
Very rewarding experience
Departmental Secretary (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 22, 2015
Being in the military was a very rewarding experience. I experience and witnessed first hand the professionalism. Co-workers were always there for business and personal issues. What I enjoyed the most is learning and visiting different countries
Travel the world
Hull Technician (Former Employee), everywhereApril 22, 2015
Pros: job security travel
Cons: always deployed
The US Navy is a amazing opportunity and I loved every minute of it. Constant deployments will take a high toll on any family life.
Exceptional, Professional
Master-At-Arms/Senior Chief SW/AW (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Education and Advancement
Cons: Long Deployments
Qualified in every position as ABE and MAA. Extremely educational and able to find my niche within law enforcement, anti-terrorism and corrections. Long deployments that built strong camaraderie and interactions with all foreign law enforcement agencies. Hardest part of the job at times was the language barrier, however, all aspects of human behavior were the same. Best part of the job was in learning and developing new procedures that are now being used in law enforcement and corrections.
U.S NAVY
Construction Mechanic (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2015
In the NAVY I have learned to be very self-efficient. I have no problem taking the leadership role when the situation arises. Those who are appointed over me have recognized my commitment by tasking me with collateral duties.
Great work environment and stepping stone to grow and inherit a skill
Machinist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Security, Learning plateau
Cons: Not many breaks, Short lunches, long hours
Absolutely love the hours worked and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job is sometimes hours can go overtime a lot but on the other hand it is well worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the capabilites you have within.
good foundation
Interior Communications Electrician (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAApril 22, 2015
Great place to jump start your career, just not for me to do 20 years, you get to travel for free and meet people from all over.
Excellent Job Oppurtunity
Senior Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee), San Diego Naval Station, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Time away from Family
Service to the country and opportunity to see the world awaits anyone with the willingness and desire to work hard and dedicate their time and effort to something bigger than themselves... I served for 26 years and loved every minute!
Training Tommorow's Leaders Today @ USNA
Educational Technician (Administrative Assistant) (Current Employee), AnnapolisApril 22, 2015
Pros: Developing leaders
Cons: pay is set by congress not performance
I enjoyed working with future leaders of the Navy and Marine Corps. The job was very rewarding.

Things are done "the navy way" and changes with commanders who do two or three year tours. Once you understand that you will have no problem at the academy.
n/a
Diesel/ Marine Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2015
a typical day at work starts off early with training.
learned engineering skills and computers skills.
co-workers are easy to interact.
maintaining co-workers discipline.
the most enjoyable part of the job is watching machines work, using teamwork to accomplish task.
Great expirence
Miltary Police 2nd Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2015
The Navy is a great place to work for if you are single. You get to travel the world and see new places. It is hard on your family when you deploy, gained lots of knowledge while serving in the Navy.
Proud of my country
Logistic Specialist (E-5) (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Fun and exciting way to travel the world
Cons: N/A
• Managing and operating retail and service activities afloat.
• Operate a forklift and cherry picker to store and retrieve materials in the warehouse.
• Fulfill customer orders and prepare them for shipment.
• Ordered inventory to ensure accurate and fast order selection.
• Maintaining financial records and accounting systems.
• Maintaining inventory and procurement databases.
• Assembled fabricated parts at floor stations. Tested and calibrated parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
• Identified units that fail tests or tolerance levels and complete repairs/reworks.
• Received and stored components used for assembly tasks. Packaged assembled components for shipping.
• Crosschecked material availability in PGN inventory system to confirm availability of materials for projects.
• Maintained accuracy of inventory levels in PGN inventory system by logging in new materials and checking them out for use.
• Used forklift to move units for shipping and for storing of material baskets. Handling of shipping / receiving and stock / inventory
Secure job with traveling opportunities
0000 Medical Corpsman (Current Employee), Saint Marys, GAApril 21, 2015
I was given many opportunities to grow as a sailor and got out of it what I put in it. I enjoyed my job and all of the things that I was able to experience while employed there.
It was the military. Very straight forward
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: constant moving
A typical day a work involved arriving at 6:45 and setting up for surgery. performing the scheduled surgeries and then going to lunch. Upon return I would order supplies for the clinic and do paper work.

It was overall a good experience but way to much to fit into this one square.
aircraft mechanic 8yrs
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Current Employee), san diegoApril 21, 2015
i enjoyed military life while i was in, but after 8yrs its time to return back home and start an new career. while service isnt for everyone out get out what you put in
Disciplined and focus work environment
Histology Technician I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
While working in the U.S. Navy there was never a day that I didn't learn something new; whether it be how to accession different specimens to learning how to cut and stain different types of tissues and what we were looking for in specific special stains. I was lucky enough to run a one person lab in Okinawa, Japan right away, and the management skills and overall knowledge that I gained from those two years have made me the hard charging and motivated individual I am today. While being out there I had to quickly learn how to perform quality assurance spreadsheets and data reports for our quarterly meetings, how to prepare for two CAP inspections as well as how to manage my military trainings and requirements. This experience has enhanced my time management skills, given me the knowledge to be able to properly prepare and pass a CAP inspection, and run my own Histology Department.
A fun and close work environment
Machinist Mate/Steam Plant Operator (Former Employee), Newport News, VirginiaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Close working, great benefits, decent pay, decent working conditions.
Cons: Long hours, high stress, difficult advancement
The Navy had me in a hot space where safety was the priority above all else. In order to compensate with the difficult conditions of the Main Machinery Room in which I worked, my co-workers and I became close working and devised ways to make our work fun. I highly recommend the Navy to whom ever is considering enlisting.
awesome
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee), Alameda, CAApril 21, 2015
just your basic sailor duties. as well as your basic military duties. what you expect from the navy. thats how it was. it was great experiences never will experience in a civilian job thats for sure.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries