U.S. Navy

11.3K reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Awesome job, the way things are managed is very unorganized
Hospital Corpsman Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Joint Base Pearl Harbor HickamAugust 28, 2015
Pros: benefits and people you meat
Cons: management, hours
I would recommend the navy to anyone who would like a good stepping stone into starting a career. It is an awesome experience just not one that I personally felt was for me. You learn really great skills that you can take with you to the civilian side. I was a hospital corpsman dental assistant and I LOVED my job. The doctors that I worked with were amazing!
Experience builder
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Whidbey Island, WAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Experience gained in multiple professional areas
Cons: Days, months, Years away from family
Advancement friendly with a broad area of job opportunities. Growth and advancement was challenging; however, anyone who puts in time and effort to succeed will become successful with great mentorship – more... along the way. Deployments were stressful and long, but very rewarding, both self and skill gaining. The most difficult thing about this job was the long days/months/years away from family and home. – less
Best job i have had
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: travelling, experience, oppertunities, college, leadership
Cons: low pay
Loved working for the Navy. Great experience and I would do it again if I could. Got to meet a lot of people and see a lot of places. Best thing that I could have done. Showed me a lot and taught me a lot and made me the man I am today.
Enjoyed working with public was able to learn more in a few months from Manangement . Was a good job
Front Desk Clerk-Combined Bachelor Housing Unit (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2015
Could not asked for a better crew of co-workers we all pitched in when needed to work extra hours or resolve a problem when needed
wonderful job if you can deal with deploying
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2015
The camaraderie I had with several people was amazing. I learned a lot. The hardest part is being away from my family but the people I worked with were like a second family
Different with every command
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Global LoctionsAugust 28, 2015
You can get a fantastic life or your life can be a total bummer it really matters on the command you are with and how things play out for you. Also it makes a big difference in how you act at you job. So if your an upstanding sailor life will be great for you but it's not the 50's anymore booze and women is not what the navy is about.
A good start to life.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 28, 2015
A good company to work for coming out of school for a first job. I spent only a year with this company but I learned a lot from them about low voltage alarm systems. Pull/ running wire and hooking up home alarm systems. I also have experience in setting up Cameras.
Understanding leadership, chance s to grow outside of the navy
Propulsion Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Yorktown, VirginaAugust 27, 2015
Awesome places always something to do or qualify. Great people,schedule, and environment. Many areas that vary in skills and job.
Reservist drill weekend
Construction Mechanic (Current Employee), Coastal Riverian Squadron 1August 27, 2015
Operation readiness. Training for deployment and gearing up for the requirements necessary for being deployable. The drill weekends consist of PT every day and training in the form of powerpoint, hands on training and weapons training.
U.S. NAVY - An Adventure
Submarine Squadron Deputy Commander (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits
Cons: Time away from family
If you can dedicate your life to the Navy, you will have excellent opportunities to advance. The first couple of years will be dedicated to training and learning to be a professional officer. Living and working on a ship can be extremely rewarding and interesting but you will be away from home for extended periods of time.
Professional work environment
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee), San Diego, CaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Travel, experience, education
Cons: Communication, leadership, structure
A great experience and jump start to adult life. The job had it's pros and cons just like with anything in life but overall the experience was great. Notable memories include traveling around the world during deployments and experiencing the navy lifestyle while living aboard a U.S Navy Vessel.
Great way to learn a new career and see the world
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), USA and overseasAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Lots of travel
Cons: working hours were long and conditions could be challenging
I wouldn't trade my time in the Navy for anything. I cross trained in numerous career fields and enjoyed seeing my efforts fly off and return safely.
F 18
Aircraft Mechanic, aircraft worker, Plane captain (Former Employee), Naval Air Station Lemoore, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: Enjoy going to work
Working on the F18's for all those years, really gave me an appreciation of that incredible machine. Great working conditions, and didn't have the run in with politics like so many other jobs. I worked with a great team of men and women. My work is with the training and experience of working on jet planes, this is what I enjoy everyday.
Working for the Navy
Immunization Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: constant change
This is a difficult position due to every changing atmosphere and personnel. Flexibility a must. I enjoyed working with the active duty trying to make their trying times with the medical field a little less difficult. It can be quite a maze to go through.
Stressful but Adventure
Urinalysis Program Coordinator (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Management
Diversity is one of the key function working in the Navy but the Stressful life is more challenging but with a great rewards for adventure to see around the world for free
Great Career
Hospital Corpsman Third Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhAugust 26, 2015
I wish I was still in. The Navy was great, everywhere from benefits to the people. Advancement opportunities were endless. Hards part was being away from family and friends often. But I did get to travel.
GREAT ECPERIENCE
First Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Time away from home
The Navy has taught me a lot to keep me ahead in life. It gives you a chance to see life in a different way and show you the way to get a hold of your life.
I work
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Whidbey Island, WAAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at work starts with checking the flight schedule for the command plan of the day. Checking emails and beginning what was not finished the day before. Soon after that sailors would come in with their issues( pay or administrative).
Served in US Navy
Administrator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Learning different cultures through travel
Cons: Times confined to a ship
My job was in Officer Administration and Flight Operations. I worked on officers services records and flight records for pilots. Daily received and sorted message traffic for sensitive materials up to – more... a secret clearance. Made flight schedules and recorded time for daily flight activities. Printed and reviewed reports for the command on a daily basis. Also maintained disciplinary records and actions during on board trials. Worked closely with personal for the enlisted to coordinate command postings. – less
An experience of a life time
Cryptologic Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: opportinites in every area
Cons: being away from family and friends
I worked in many areas of the US Navy, my first being a Cryptologic Technician Technical. I enjoyed many of the jobs and experiences that being in the military afforded me, it was as I said, an experience of a life time.
Headquarters