U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 18,251 reviews matching the search
Great place and atmosphere
United States Navy Chief Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2017
The U.S. Navy offers a great amount of benefits and ample career opportunities. The pay is not bad but when you compensate it with the benefits, it is an awesome place to work at.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
Service to our Nation
Communications Director (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 25, 2017
Unparalleled career opportunities, experiences and challenges draw some of the brightest and most skilled people into the Navy – while helping others realize potential they may not have even known they had. From the high-tech to the high-growth to the awe-inspiring, America’s Navy offers careers and jobs that fit all backgrounds and interests.

There are literally hundreds of distinct professional roles in dozens of exciting fields. And whatever you do – whether as an Enlisted Sailor or Officer, serving full-time or part-time – you’ll find unrivaled training, support and experience in a career unlike any other.
Excellent experience
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2017
Signed up right after graduation and was able to go to many places and learn a trade that helped me in my adult life. Great leaders who inspired me on a daily basis.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from home a lot.
Awesome!
Signalman 3rd Class (Former Employee) –  Earle Naval Weapons Station, NJJuly 25, 2017
The Navy is the best Armed Services to join because you get to do so much traveling. Where else will you get paid to live out at sea and travel to countries you otherwise never would?
A very hard way to make a living.
Nuclear Electronics Technician/Reactor Operator (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 25, 2017
Meager pay, cramped accomadations, horrible food, long work hours with rarely a day off. Great esprit de corps. Outstanding co-workers. Travel a plus for single people, otherwise your wife will hate and divorce you and your kids won't know who you are.
structure
Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101July 25, 2017
Early morning muster, followed by cleanup. Day spent filling part orders from the squadrons on board, and different departments all across the ship. I comanded a small group of 5 that helped me facilitate these pickups and deliveries. Later in the day filing of order paper work was done.
Enjoyed every Minute
Gas Turbine Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2017
The United States Navy is a great branch to be in. They invested in everyone training for their job. The traveling was a very good eye opener to new things and experiences.
fun
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
The travel was the best. Working with a diversity of people and personalities. Everyday was different. Hardest part is management was unreasonable and in most cases did not take on new ideas.
Pros
flexibility, vacation time
Cons
management
Great to help build your resume
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2017
Would recommend to anyone interested. Enjoyed my time so far in the reserves. It's honestly the easiest job you'll ever work if you can handle the hours and commitment.
Surgical Assistant
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to realize your dreams of traveling the world and helping people that need it the most. Life long memories, friends and places. I would recommend to anyone wanting adventure, challenges and learning.
Pros
great benefits, consistent pay, great friendships made
Cons
political when coming to advancement.
completely loved it
Engineman (Former Employee) –  Little Creek, VAJuly 25, 2017
Wish I was still enlisted, I miss the structure, the advancement, and going to far away lands I'll never see again, I have great memories with great friends and shipmates
Good Place to work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 25, 2017
Good place to work, Daily tasks not to difficult. Will help establish good leadership skills, promotes with good work ethics. Over all builds successful leaders for tomorrows future
Great way to learn a career
Machinist Mate First Class (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJuly 25, 2017
Hard but enjoyed work doing repairs on multiple different types of equipment. It paid for my education and living expenses, and even retraining after I got out.
Pros
Working on Submarines
Cons
Tought job
Life in the military is challenging
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 25, 2017
Work is fast laid back when you back at Garrison doing sick call and medical stuff but out in the filled it gets hectic. Deployments are hard because you will be away from your family for a long period of time.
Pros
job is laid back on garrison
Cons
Field can last up to 1-2 months sleeping out in the wilderness
Filled with great people
Master at Arms (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachJuly 25, 2017
Typical day usually starts with a group physical training of some sort depends on what the command fitness leader has devised that day. I learned a lot throughout my career in Navy. Some of the main things I learned were team building, leadership, quick learning, and stress management. Always going to have hard and good times through any career and had to learn how to surpass those hard times or make best of those good ones.
Pros
health care and job security
Cons
travel
Good times, bad times
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 25, 2017
Lots of work when deployed, wears you down after 4 or 5 months.
Best part of the job was traveling the world.
Hardest part working the flight deck at night.
Best thing i ever did
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 25, 2017
My Navy career was awesome. As an electronics technician I was able to work on some of the best aircraft in the world. I would do it all over again if I could.
The most interesting job culture I've ever seen.
Lead THU Sailor (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 25, 2017
This job was one of the most rewarding jobs I've had in my life. A typical day for my position was to get woken up between midnight and 0400 to solve some issue with a watchstander or other problems that might have come up. Then get up at 0530 to get ready for the day. Muster everyone and assign working parties. Then spend the rest of the working hours working with administration to find any ways to get the THU sailors out of THU and into their A Schools. After liberty is called I will then do the rest of the paperwork that needs to be done, wrap up any projects that have been ongoing, and take a nap before getting my notes ready for evening quarters. Day in day out. The workplace culture was one in that "the job has to be done". And this culture was greatly appreciated. I was given the opportunity to build teams and enforce work habits. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could find a way to get someone out a lot sooner than they anticipated. It is fulfilling to not only be able to make a coworker and/or friend happy but to be able to be productive at my job while doing it.
Pros
healthcare, free food, free lodging, very invasive work environment
Cons
very invasive work environment
Great workplace.
Information Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 25, 2017
My hours are set. Monday-Thurs from 0730 to 1600 and Friday 0730-1300. I do not work weekends. Easy to plan stuff around schedule and not worry about work being an issue.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Duty watch
Great opportunity to learn.
General Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2017
The Navy is a place to start and serve your country with a great benefit at the end. If you are a family driven individual; I would not recommend being a part of the service member crew.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, stressfull environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4