U.S. Navy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,941 reviews matching the search
Its a sacrifice but rewarding.
Information systems technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
I joined early and left pretty much everything i knew behind but i learned a lot and became a different man a better man. You get to see the world of course while working but free and meet new peoples and cultures.
productive
BM (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJuly 28, 2016
The work with the Navy was always interesting. I loved being able to work on navel ships. I learned a lot during my time in the Navy.
Usn
SEAL (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2016
Job Security,Health benefits, Education Benefits, Travel, Support Services , Bonuses, Leave Days, Job Growth
Fun but stressful
Gas Turbine Technician Electrical (Current Employee) –  Mayport, FLJuly 28, 2016
The navy is an enjoyable profession with a lot of benefits and good people. The long underways away from family is stressful but it is quite a good time and very productive. So much experience gained from the navy and I continue to keep learning to this day.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
schedule
Damage Controlmen
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2016
Learned a lot about maintenance on equipment. Firefighting equipment along with training ships crew. Best part of the job was the travel. Hardest part was the long unnecessary hours not getting paid by the hour.
A tipical day at work
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 28, 2016
For a Quality Assurance representative the daily tasks vary depending on time, orders and other contractor related activities. This position enhanced the leadership and supervisory skills needed in the job market. Constant contractor deals that include phone calls, e-mails and other messages also improve the quality of costumer service abilities for the individual, co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was personnel shortages, but at the end multi-tasking abilities improved and the employee was able to handle more tasks in a short amount of time to increase productivity. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to work with people (contractors/military), and the ability to understand the importance of quality assurance attention to detail to keep the employees, contractors (private/military) with a safe work environment while minimizing potential hazards.
Best Branch in the military
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
i love the navy, its great. i would highly recommend serving time in the united states navy. If it wasnt for my want for higher education i would never get out.
Great opportunity.
Command Fitness Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2016
Working for the Navy is a great opportunity. You will be able to experience a different culture of accomplishing missions and objectives. It isn't for everyone but, if you would like to gain real world experience quickly, this is the place to do it.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
unpredictable work hours
Long work hours in less-than-desirable work conditions
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJuly 27, 2016
The benefits were incredible, the pay was great, but the job itself was extremely difficult and required much patience and concentration. I am grateful for the Navy paying for 36 months of education via the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
US Navy
TTWCS Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 27, 2016
Not much to review it was the military. You had long days and short off time. You did what you were todl whether you liked it, or not.

Want to know more about U.S. Navy?

Ask a question
Great Clinic
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 26, 2016
After the change in command near the end of my time there, it was much more pleasant! The corpsman and chain of command were great, the providers were very knowledgeable, and the civilian staff were wonderful! The only problem I had was the patients and beneficiaries that thought they were above policies and demanded to be seen after they arrived well after the appointment time, immediately, and got upset at staff when they did not get their way. Not all of them were like that, but the growing numbers don't help. Being a tiny medical clinic that serves 6,000+ Active Duty, retirees and their dependants and beneficiaries, which doubles in the winter with snow-bird and WTI populations influx, it gets difficult to get everyone in exactly when they want to get in and for appointments more than the allotted 20 minutes.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
self-entitled, inconsiderate beneficiaries
Interesting life lessons learned
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Mayport Naval Station, FLJuly 26, 2016
Hard work for not a lot of pay initially depending on your rate. The hardest part of the job is the time away from your family. There are travel opportunities you'll never find anywhere else.
A tough job
ELECTRICAL SERVICE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Little Creek, VAJuly 26, 2016
The work day was 8 to 24 hours a day. Some day were better then others but I loved every minute of it and I hated leaving it. For the most part you were rewarded for your knowledge.
Overall Amazing Experience
Petty Officer Second Class (E-5) / RP2 (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2016
The Military teaches you things you never knew you could accomplish and really helps set any one up for success. It's not always a walk in the park, and it is by no means meant for everyone or easy, but it does make those who have served stronger individuals. The Military gives you things that no one can ever take away from you.
The Navy saved my life
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2016
The Navy was my first job, had lots of great experiences and met people from all walks of life. They paid for college and I get VA healthcare for life. I also get veterans preference when applying for jobs, the Navy was the bets job i ever hands......hands down! If I was to list all the benefits i would run out of space
Job Review
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Pearl Hbr Hickam, HIJuly 26, 2016
The Navy is an excellent career field for both people starting out of high school and transitioning out of the civilian work force.
Pros
Free Health Care, Free Housing, Defined Working Hours
Cons
Multiple Collateral Duties, Location not guaranteed
Naval experience
Petty Officer 2nd Class (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2016
Everyday is a unique challenge, where failure is not an option. Working with various individuals can be the best part, learning to work as a team is what I will never forget about my time in the Navy.
Work
Aviation Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJuly 25, 2016
The military life is defiantly one of its own. Its really hard to put in words how it really is. The hardest part is being away from family and friends.
The Navy
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2016
The US Navy gave me great opportunities and gave me a new start at life. I'm extremely proud of myself for choosing to protect my country. Serving in the military was beneficial and a huge honor!
The US Navy is the best days of my life
Aviation structural and hydraulic mechanics (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL.July 25, 2016
Excellent Schools Exploring new Countries. It's the United States Navy... We serve to protect the sovereigncy of the World
Pros
Exploring new lands, Excellent Schools
Cons
Going overseas can affect married life.

4.4