U.S. Navy
11,108 reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

loved the service
Medic (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 4, 2015
wish I could have stayed in because liked helping out other veterans like myself but the best was when they called for liberty
Great Expierence
Electronic's Mate 2nd Class (Former Employee), Virginia BeachAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Time away from home.
Let me start college for free, now that I'm out I get to go to school and get paid. Benefits are amazing! The travel is awesome as well!
Productive and great co workers.
HVAC Technician/Plumber (Current Employee), Gulfport MSAugust 4, 2015
Pros: deploying seeing the world and meeting great people.
Cons: Not knowing
Professional work place at all times. Great job experience. Learn new things on a day to day basis. The things I enjoy about my job is teaching people under me the thing I know.
fun job to work in
o Second Class Petty Officer Machinist Mate (Current Employee), norfolk vaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: short breaks, no help
It is a fun job I shaved learn how to lead a group of people to accomplish the maintenance for that day. We perform corrective and preventive maintenance on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is that you have to cope with other people that didn't grow up like you. It's a very diverst organization.
Challenging et rewarding career
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VirginiaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: See the world
Cons: long hours
Life at sea can be tough but very rewarding.

great benefits. free school. you get to see the world.

meet amazing friends.

management can be tough on you.

hardest part is being away from family

most enjoyable is serving your country
great learning experience
Psychology Internship (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: great variety of duties and conditions to treat
Cons: It was an unpaid internship.
This doctoral internship allowed me to experience conditions that I may never have seen in another setting. It allowed me to help Navy personnel and their families while improving my skills.
NAVAIR Summary
Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee), Patuxent River, MDAugust 4, 2015
I love feeling like I'm helping a greater cause. I love being able to directly work with the military, without actually being in the military myself. My husband is in the military, as well as both of our fathers, that is why I love what I do. The management is great, co-workers and team members are great. I have no complaints! Only reason I am leaving is because my husband is getting stationed in another state.
Summary review
Ship's Serviceman (Former Employee), Norfolk Naval Station, VAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Having a career
Cons: Some Chiefs power struggler but the lack of knowledge.
My Overall rating of the U.S.Navy is a 5 because overall I enjoyed my Rate, the Service, all the training I received and meet a lot of great people. Every day was different so you would never know what to expect. The higher you move up in rank the more responsibility you are giving and the more junior sailors you get to manage. It teaches you a lot about yourself at times. One thing I believed I like the most was getting to seeing all these different countries.
Most destroying and rewarding experience
Nuclear Electricians Mate (Current Employee), Bremerton, WaAugust 3, 2015
Cons: Work comes before people
A typical day is long and full of people blind-siding workers with maintenance and trying to get work done with little planning. It was a hard place to work, but I have learned my potential and feel like every job I have after this is going to be much easier.
very productive and efficient
SWCN (Current Employee), Springfield, ORAugust 3, 2015
working in the navy has taught me how to identify and efficiently solve any problem that might arise before the completion of the job
Great!
Sonar Technician Surface (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FlAugust 3, 2015
Great experience, had a blast and learned a lot of new things been around the world and met some amazing people. it teaches you how the military life and civilian life are completely different.
United States Navy - Chief Logistics Specialist
Senior enlisted, Chief Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), VariousAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Superior performance is recognized and awarded
Cons: Long Deployments away fromfamilies to hazardous zones
Everyday was a challenge to complete all work with in the given time frame. Each Sailor had set assignments as well as working in team situations. The best thing about working in logistics is that their was always something to do. Sailors that work in logistics are not idle.
N/A
Aviation Machinist Mate Third Class (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
Being in the military was one of my life choices. I made friends and had experiences that I will always hold dear! I would suggest it to anyone who is up to the challenge!
U.S. Navy
PACT Airman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
The Navy was a good place. They treated us well and always complimented us on our work. The pay was very good. There are good people there.
Best experience of my life
Operation Specialist 3rd Class (Former Employee), Naval Station Norfolk, VAAugust 3, 2015
No word can describe the valor, courage, commitment, brotherhood, family, team, etc. ....all words positive to say the NAVY was by far the most amazing experience I had the opportunity to share with anyone.
U.S Navy Damage Controlman
Damage Controlman (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2015
My Naval experience was a very good one. It gave me valuable working experience and work ethic that I am proud to take with me as I transition back to the civilian workforce.
Life experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaAugust 3, 2015
Pros: visit another countries
Cons: 24 hour call back, always on the clock
The U.S. Navy has given me so much from a secure paying job, to the best friends I had as a young adult. It show me the world and open up my mind on different cultures. It is a hard working job, that sometimes stresses you out, but I learn how to manage stress and different situations.
Work to written standards and help others.
Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman E-8 (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Hard worker with Leaderships goal
Cons: Tend to work more than set hours
Career Guidance
Senior Medical Department Rep to Senior Commanders on medical issues and concerns.
Co-ordinate medical properness of troops to deploy.
Senior Member of process improvement in the Medical Department
Senior Enlisted Leader to work towards common good of the command
Air Craft Carrier
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego Naval StationAugust 3, 2015
Customer Service, Hazardous technician, Shipping and Receiving, Damage Control/Maintenance man, clerical work. Fire Fighter(#1 Nozzle man.
GO NAVY
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 3, 2015
The United States Navy is very awesome place to work good team work so many job opportunities its a great experience like no other

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries