U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 17,844 reviews matching the search
Lots of experience
Navy Recruiter (Electrician's Mate First Class) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 28, 2017
Not only I'm able to work with professionals, but also learn different cultures and skill trades. The Navy upholds its traditions and the Navy Core Values to the highest standards.
Pros
Benefits, Travel Opportunities, Education, Allowances
Cons
Great job for the outgoing.
Intelligence Specialist/Supply (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 28, 2017
Great job, sit in a nice office inport or on a ship. Military has great benefits such as GI Bill and Tuition assistance. Some traditions are held on strongly and often get in the way of common sense. Work will be your life, be prepared to work hard with little liberty.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
A lot of work with little liberty.
Best branch
Navy Deep Sea Diver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 28, 2017
This was the best career I ever had. Motivating, fun, unexpected and ever-changing work, opportunity for advancement. If you ever have the chance, take it.
Good experience
GMS2 Supervisor GSM2 gas turbine system technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 28, 2017
Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on gas turbine engine. Using our designated preflight check list verify that the gas turbine engine and APU(auxiliary power unit) are ready for operation.
Pros
Provide good life training and lessons
Cons
Work life balance
The military has changed a lot.
Ship's Serviceman Petty Officer First Class (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
Do not sign your name on the dotted line! Don't even consider it. There are so many other better job options out there. Some folks can work in construction, some in computers, some can be a plumber.

All without selling your soul.
Good people bad leaders
Load Dispatcher onboard USS George H. W. Bush (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJune 28, 2017
I worked with a great group of people, but with advancement through attrition, there were people in leadership roles that had no business there. The goal for the upper chain of command was to get the guys that have been in the longest advanced, not let the young talent shine and rise.
Pros
good people, great skills learned
Cons
bad work life rotation, leadership not caring about the people under them
terrible job
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 28, 2017
all was great until they decided they didn't want to pay me anymore. Everyone always looks for security in a job, but if your company can just decide one day that you are only going to make 300 dollars per month, then I wouldn't call that secure.
Pros
Cons
everything about the organization
Military Life
Petty Officer First Class (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 28, 2017
Tough working conditions at times. Must have the most respect for all members of your command. Trust is a huge skill that is earned, never given. Will recommend to anyone.
Fun workplace
Damage controlman/patrol man (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJune 28, 2017
Good place for a first job. Great experience from start to finish. Very motivating crewmembers and supervisors. Very easy to learn good job traits.
I love the Navy!
Fire Controlman (Current Employee) –  Naval Station Norfolk, VAJune 28, 2017
I've had a great 6 years at the US Navy as a Fire Controlman. I'd reenlist if I could, and I'd recommend joining to anyone! It'll always be the best years of my life.
Pros
deployment, health care, job security, pay raises, paid time off, life insurance, discounts, culture
Got to travel the world
Divisional Leading Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Provincia di Napoli, CampaniaJune 28, 2017
Had the chance to go to different parts of the world. I was able to go to Russia, Europe, Arctic Circle, and the Middle east. I also was able to enjoy different cultures.
The US Navy
US Navy Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJune 27, 2017
A typical day for me is different than going to a 9 to 5 job. I learned some much about people and how they behave toward others and networking. Management could have been better. I did get to see the world and NOT from a ship
It's the Navy, either you love it or hate it, they should old guys to sea
Communications Specialist (Radioman) (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 27, 2017
I loved the Navy, but make no mistake about it, if you are a family man, it is very hard. I left after 10 years because I had a child. If you are single, you can't beat it, if you like going to sea that is.
Cool place to work in if you like to travel
Naval Airman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2017
Not all leadership was great but has a great system to follow that has strict rules. Loved being able to travel to different countries and meeting new people from different back grounds and lives. Great ways to make connections for after you get out.
Pros
Great travel
Cons
Long work hours depending on who you work for.
Omg
Anesthesia Administrative Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 27, 2017
This company was my life, it allowed me to be who I needed to be in order to get where I was going. one day I will go back as an officer and do so much more
Great career
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 27, 2017
Fast paced and a lot of work, but a great step towards lifelong benefits. A lot of travel to countries all over the world is was a big plus as well! It was fun.
US Navy
US Navy Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2017
great job. great opportunity to travel, and to meet new people. We cleaned the work establishment. We taught patients how to use the medication given to them.
Navy life
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 27, 2017
In the Navy, life is very busy. It can go from fast paced to chaotic in the blink of an eye. The Navy, while not for everyone, is a great place to learn a craft and perfect it for life on the outside. It is what you make of it. They will give you the tools to exceed, it is up to you to do it.
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Ae
Aviation Electrician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2017
Luckily i never went to the boat since i worked on planes that were not supposed to land on carriers. i did get deployed overseas, i worked in africa, italy, scottland, and south america.
Pros
galley food
Cons
galley food
ok
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Mayport, FLJune 27, 2017
I go into work and I do what is asked of me and it can consist of whatever the chain of command requires. That is what is considered mission critical.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4