U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 19,416 reviews matching the search
Life Changing
Electronics Technician First Class (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIAugust 20, 2017
so much opportunity. you can move laterally, or upwards. youre guaranteed to get pay raises and see the world. whether active duty or reserves. the experience will build your resume handsomely.
Pros
where to begin
Cons
anybody can join, including the idiots and bad guys.
Experience
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2017
The Navy provides many different opportunities for Enlisted and Officers alike. You will have the opportunity to travel the world and meet people from all walks of life.
navy
Stevedore/Deck Hand (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 20, 2017
join the navy if you want to get away. Good for traveling depending on where you are stationed. free schooling while you are in the military as well as when you get out
Pros
travel, money, education
Cons
long hours, away from family and friends
life is an adventure!
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  everywhereAugust 20, 2017
great way to learn a skill, see the world and meet new and interesting people. no matter what your interests are, you can learn just able anything to benefit your future.
Pros
travel, steady pay
Cons
time away from family
Bright future with the navy
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2017
I am looking forward to my further involvement with the United States Navy Reserves. I am currently balancing civilian life with a military life. As always in the military, there is always a strive to excel in your chosen profession as well as advancing.
Amazing
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  rochester nyAugust 20, 2017
There are tons of convenient and awesome amenities. The work isn't difficult and training for the job was fun. All my coworkers were fun and upbeat and supportive. A great place to work with great pay.
Productive work and great environment
Facility Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andersen Air Force Base, GUAugust 20, 2017
I overall had a pleasant experience with my previous work environment. I was able to secure civilian of the year for the hard work we did, I always see successful efforts as something done by the team as a whole.
Good Pay, Lots of Make-work
Navigator/Training Officer/Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2017
If there is a way to keep people at work, it will be found. Outside of that the compensation is good, travel can be fun if you like it. Do not expect to have a lot of time with your family if you are on Sea Duty.
Pros
Good Pay, Fun Travel, Good amount of Leave
Cons
Long hours, lots of Weekend work, management
Challenging but rewarding.
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 20, 2017
While working in the U.S. Navy, expect the most difficult and challenging experience of your life. While difficult though, the experience is rewarding and will prepare you for any situation you may encounter in the civilian sector of the work force.
Great training
GasTurbine Mech Chief (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2017
If you want to learn a skill and get paid for doing it this is it. Travel the world see new things. See how other culture live and work. Have loads of fun.
Pros
Real world training
Cons
gone from home alot
The Navy is a great place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2017
I would recommend the Navy to anyone. I met a lot wonderful people, went to amazing places and learned a lot throughout my career. The pay and allowance are very fair
Fun and extremely educational place to work
Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2017
Very educational and you'll make alot of connections that you can use when yo eventually decide to leave. Not to mention all the knowledge you'll have at your disposal when that time comes.
Professional work enviroment
Maintenance Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAAugust 20, 2017
Everything is organized and conducted in a orderly fashion.
I learned how to lead and train others.
My leaders were always patient with me.
The hardest part was being away from family.
The most enjoyable part was traveling the world.
Pros
discounts
Cons
parking
Productive workplace
E-7 - First-line Senior Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2017
I loved it but had to retire,every good must come to and end. The navy is a diverse community with great opportunities. You can earn your degree and set yourself up for success.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short vacations
Has helped me grow as person both personally and professionally.
Cryptologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 19, 2017
The title says it all. If you want to join the military in general then see for yourself. It has helped me Excel in life but everyone is different. So see for yourself.
Good
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2017
It's a great place to work especially knowing I'm serving my country. I'm just here to get my life after the navy lined out before my enlistment is up.
Pros
Serving my Country
Cons
Nothig
Fast Paced
Logistics Specialist 3rd Class Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
Stressful yet very rewarding if you work hard day in day out. Make life long friends and experiences. GI Bill Gets you a degree if you choose to leave and work towards an education hardest years of my life but well worth it and would never take it back
Productive work setting
Machinist Mate Third Class (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2017
Fast paced work setting, very professional, very productive work setting. The hardest part of the job is being away from family and loved ones. Outstanding benefits.
Good Benefits
Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
US Navy has good benefits. Worker moral is very low. There can be very long work hours. Upper Management Is lacking to say the least. Overall my experience in the navy was poor.
Proffesional workplace with lots of opportunities
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
A very challenging but rewarding career opportunity. During my time of service I have grown through challenges and learned extremely valuable life lessons. The military lifestyle has taught me to value what I have and to take challenges head on with one hundred percent effort while keeping a positive attitude.
Pros
personel growth, benefits, job security
Cons
stressful at times, time away from family, work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4