U.S. Navy
7,619 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Adventerous
Logistical Speciallist (Former Employee), Point Mugu NBVCJuly 31, 2014
Every day is truly a new day and can always bring something new and exciting.
Great benefits during and post enlistment, incredible organizational skills, and complete college scholarship.
Aviation Mechanic /Cryogenics Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta shore duty, Virginia beach sea duty tour.July 31, 2014
Pros: benefits including health, life insurance and dental.
Cons: distance from family.
Responsible for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the power plant and airframe systems of four C-9B aircraft including launching, recovering aircraft, and refueling operations..
Provided aviation intermediate maintenance, supply and logistics support and training for multiple commands including 7 tenant and 18 reserve units.
Produced exceptional – more... work for all jobs assigned and helped perform a safe transfer and distribution of 45,000 gallons of liquid oxygen and 17,000 gallons of liquid nitrogen, greatly increasing availability in support for 5 tenant commands. – less
strongly support all branches. greatest decision ever made.
Hydraulics Mechanic on PT-3 C Charlie Aircraft (Former Employee), N.A.S. Jacksonville,Fl.July 31, 2014
Pros: disipline
words cant describe all the great times, long hours, the U.S.N. allowed to be a part off during my four years of active duty and the different countries I got a chance to visit.
Great experience and plenty of life lessons
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great experince, traveling, g.i bill, and overall being in the military
Cons: after hours special duty
A typical day in the Navy consisted of getting to work 15 minutes early, checking in with Supervisors, some days worked on duty, and was on call for any emergency. Learned a lot from management, how to relate to customers needs, and do the right thing for them, Got along well with coworkers, and never had an issue with any of them. The hardest part – more... of the job was after hours special duty, and administrative duties outside of my workload. The most enjoyable part was helping customers, and knowing that I was apart of something much bigger than myself being a United States Sailor. – less
awesome
Machinist Mate 3rd class (Former Employee), San DiegoJuly 31, 2014
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: not enough money
I had the most fun in my life. Traveling, meeting people from all walks of life. learned a lot and use what I have learned in todays field.
Better than be working a non-professional job in the civilian world
Surgical Technologist U.S. Navy (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: a lot of down-time, concern about family, etc
Cons: micromanagement of staff, sometimes no room for growth, etc
Great work ethic, but mostly stressful due to leadership desire to micromanage employees. Unfair evaluation of performance in some cases.
great time
Combat Photographer (Public Affairs Officer) (Former Employee), world wideJuly 31, 2014
get out and see the world, great time, learn a lot. learn great skills
Military environment, with all the rules and regulations one is required to adhere to.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck, guranteed housing and meals, healthcare
Cons: long deployments away from loved ones, remote locations
I personally thrived while I did my time with the Navy. It was just what a young man like me needed at that time.
I got to go to exciting places, got the most advanced training, and got paid!
The discipline and military culture MADE one grow up and become accountable and responsible. People's lives depended on you doing your job correctly.
Getting used – more... to the people placed above you in the chain of command was the hardest part of being in the Navy. Some of these people were absolutely top notch LEADERS! Others, not so much.
Regardless, they were ALL competent and responsible. That means a lot.
I would not have stayed as long as I did if I did not enjoy what I did. I was proud of the work I did and all the people I helped train. – less
Serving my Country
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: lots of travel
Cons: time away from family & friends
The Navy is a great way to start your adult life with lots of travel, room for growth both personally & professionally.

The worst part was definitely boot camp but once you get through that, it is literally smooth sailing.
It was a privilege to serve my country.
Full Time Training and Support Staff (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJuly 31, 2014
I spent 20 years doing all kinds of jobs, under all kinds of conditions in some amazing locations around the world. The job was always fun but challenging. It's not a life for everyone but it is rewarding if you want it to be.
Love the military
Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Everett Naval Station, WAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: different countries
Love everything about the Navy, travel to different countries for free.
Great shipmates.
Review
CORPSMAN/SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 30, 2014
Overall good work environment . Learned a lot about myself as a worker and has help me improve in many facets of my life.
productive and great place to work
Boatswains Mate apprentice/ AZ3 (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: it was a family and i could depend on everyone on that ship.
Cons: no set time to go home.
I loved being in the military it was a brotherhood. I would come in every day at 6 am but my paint gear on and prep room and offices that need to be painted and me and my team would go in a prime rooms then the next day paint them.
Great Job
Petty Officer 3rd Class/ Mechanic (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsJuly 30, 2014
This job is great if you like traveling. It provides great benefits through Tri Care for you and our family, and is a good source of income. It is structured and offers great opportunities for advancement.
IYAOYAS!!! AO
Aviation Ordnanceman/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), JapanJuly 30, 2014
Pros: guaranteed paycheck and job security, traveling to different countries, good benefits
Cons: constant change in schedule
As an aviation ordnanceman (AO) I would service the armament equipment of the aircraft as well as performing the loading, downloading, arming and dearming procedures of live and inert ordnance. Since I was an AO on the squadron side, it was coming in to work everyday to load the jets with training missiles. However on the ship is totally different. – more... On a carrier is very fast pace, working on the flight deck all day for 12 hours. Its very hard but rewarding work. Advancement depends on many factors like your test scores, evaluations and more. Even though i passed the rating exam three times, the third time I advanced because of the overall navy's manning. When your not on the ship, your average work day is short depending on your work load and your supervisor. I had cool first classes and I left work early since all the work for that day was done. All in all, the navy is what you make it. Everyones experience is completely different. – less
as can be expected.
Machinist Mate (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: wages, travel, culture, meeting new people
Cons: away from home
I wouldn't do it again but I wouldn't change it either. The military isn't for everyone but I did fine with it. The last 6 months were a bit hectic but that was my own fault.
Military
Shift Supervisor, Pharmacy Technician, Full Time (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2014
Military duties within a hospital setting, fast paced, diverse culture
Never go wrong with serving our country!
Production Control Clerk/ Armed Sentry (Former Employee), Coronado, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: exciting, prideful and valuable learning
Cons: away from home and long hours
Loved it! take it working was alot of work but the satisfaction was enormous to serve my country. As a citizen I feel we must all contribute our time for our homeland and took pride in work. It was many hours so free time was not much but it made up with visiting countries. To me I did not have teams but brothers and sisters. Love it and anyone who – more... wants to see the world I would recommend this. – less
A lot of benefits
ABH (Former Employee), Everett, WAJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed the benefits and seeing the world. The hardest part of the job was being away from family and friends for months at a time. The schedule obviously isnt flexible and its a full time job being active duty.
US Navy
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2014
Was an amazing experience. Traveled overseas, met wonderful people. I would recommend Naval service to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more