U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 16,642 reviews matching the search
Command Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCApril 24, 2017
Very rewarding experience working with the Navy. Worked very hard to keep the morale up at the Yard for employees as well. Workplace culture is one of a close family.
Awesome adventure and experience!
Air Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  USApril 24, 2017
Love the people the most! It's all about what you make of where you go and the people you meet along the way! The Navy has been good to me and my family and has always provided!
Heavily engaging work environment with a view.
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  USS Oscar AustinApril 24, 2017
Overall I learned teamwork and how to be effective in a stressful environment along with quickly adapting to my surroundings. Not only did I work with other sailors, I worked with other countries as well. In the four years I served the hardest part of the job was being secluded in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, however, It was the most beautiful scenery I have ever witnessed. In time I went from the bottom of the chain obeying orders, to obeying orders and being responsible for lower class sailors. I believe with a positive attitude and a great group of people any job could get done.
DD-214 with pride
Aviation Structural Mechanic, Third Class (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAApril 24, 2017
Glad I served, also glad I got out. Lots of room for travel, good opportunities for advancement. Lots of work to do. I can sweep the bristles off of a broom!
Its the Navy
Petty Officer 2nd Class (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2017
It is nothing like Top Gun. The Navy provides job training, leadership skills, life skills, and teaches one how to perform highly demanding jobs in highly stressful situations. I believe all Americans should serve in the armed forces at some point.
Aircraft handler
Aircraft Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2017
Able to served my country, was the most exciting experienced I've ever done in my entire life. And be able to travel the world for free. To work with the most talented shipmates.
Horrible for mental and physical health
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 24, 2017
Unsafe conditions. Backstabbing, toxic leadership culture. Put your entire life on hold and forget about having a family or significant personal relationships outside of work. Extorting poor people for health and education benefits.
Pros
Traveled a lot.
Cons
Traveled too much.
Quality assurnce/ maintenance manager
Quality Assurance/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
Assigned as maintenance manager, quality assurance manager and maintenance technician. Conducted daily maintenance meetings with cognizant supervisors, prioritizing daily work load , maintain liaison with parts suppliers and ensured the quality of maintenance

Provided daily workload results to pertinent maintenance managers.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
no cons
Great benefits
Procurement Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2017
Membership in the military offers many great benefits for someone looking to gain a broad range of skills. Leadership training opportunities are often and the friendships you make are lifelong.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare, steady employment
Cons
work life balance, advancement opportunities in particular fields
Travel and Learn
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 24, 2017
Military experience is one of the best you can place on your belt. Travel and Education are guarenteed throughout your entire stay in the field. A must for everyone who wants to re-think their careers
productive
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAApril 24, 2017
Working as in operations clerk and master at arms taught me plenty about the navy. The people that I worked with made it a great learning experience.
First Job
Cryptic specialist and Religious Programmer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAApril 24, 2017
As my first job it was very rewarding. I was able to travel and learned about working with other people from various backgrounds. It was an enjoyable experienced that helped me grow.
It was fun but management should relax
Air Traffic Controller \ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  EverywhereApril 24, 2017
Wonderful. It was hard while being in but the comradery is amazing and there is an enormous sense of accomplishment once you have completed your tours.
great place to work and learn at
Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2017
we come in to work early in the morning. we walk the floor and make sure everything is checked off and good to go for the day. ive had a great time and ive learned a lot here.
Productive work place
1st battalion 2nd Marines (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 24, 2017
•accepting and accomplishing complex task with pose and intensity
•provides excellent general care to ensure zero loss in patient care and productivity
•will go above and beyond to ensure patient safety
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from family
Protecting our country
Gunners Mate (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 24, 2017
What a terrific way to see the world, protect our great country and grow/mature at the same time. Pay and time off were horrible but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Eveyday living
E6 First Class Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2017
Working on the ship in the US Navy was like a day to day job, everyday living, you go to work you get off but you couldn't leave, your home was the ship.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
It was ok
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 23, 2017
There was a lot of good and special times but there was a lot more hard, frustrating, and just plain old horrible times. I would say take it as it comes. every one has different experiences.
US Navy
Hospital Corpsman Second Class (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 23, 2017
The US Navy has great benefit but great focus is needed. You will get medical benefits, dental benefits and great pay, especially for those who are just starting to become independent.
It is a lifestyle not a job
Chief Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  USApril 23, 2017
Awesome environment if someone wants to be a part of something bigger than one's self. Great educational benefits and allows one to travel and see the world.
Pros
Benefits, education, travel
Cons
Loss of family time, long hours, arduous duty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4