U.S. Navy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,717 reviews matching the search
Great leadership
Operational Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIMay 30, 2016
Very diverse environment and a lot of learning and work to be done. Can be challenging at times with time management and learning new programs, softwares, etc. but with other service members, it makes it less stressful.
National Defense
Team Trainer, Assessor, and Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2016
Diverse group of co-workers with a varied list of job assignments. Being away from family on deployments is difficult. Compensation package is incomparable.
Pros
National Defense, Compensation
Cons
Deployments
It's what you make it
hospital corpsman (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMay 28, 2016
A hospital corpsman works in a wide variety of capacities and locations, including shore establishments such as naval hospitals and clinics, aboard ships, and as the primary medical caregivers for sailors while underway. Hospital corpsmen are frequently the only medical care-giver available in many fleet or Marine units on extended deployment. In addition, hospital corpsmen perform duties as assistants in the prevention and treatment of disease and injury and assist health care professionals in providing medical care to sailors and their families.
Pros
good bennifts
All summaries are biased and personal.
Hospital Corpsman HM2 (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNMay 28, 2016
My experience was perhaps typical of an ignorant youth with little direction, but wanted to do some good with their life. I had no idea what was going on for the first three years, and only began to understand it all when I joined the Reserve and the world around me slowed down long enough. Management came and went before I could remember half their names. Work was intense and agonizing. I couldn't begin to list everything I learned, and there is no such thing as a typical day at work. I would say that the training was the hardest part of the job, and you are always training. All that being said, I look back on it fondly and wouldn't trade my experience for anything.
Pros
You don't have to do much thinking for many years, they do that for you.
Cons
Well...you will soon be in the best shape of your life.
Rewarding career opportunity
Petty Officer First Class (Current Employee) –  GuamMay 27, 2016
A rewarding career choice for hard working individuals that are willing to take ownership and provide continual commitment.
The job was rewarding
Aircraft Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2016
I worked on F/A-18 Super Hornet ejection seats, the job was fun and exciting knowing that you were the person to save the pilots life before the jet crashes. Being in the Navy taught me to be an outstanding team leader, a great listener and and amazing technician, I have been given many awards and certificates for my keen attention to detail when it came to my work, also been given jobs above my pay grade for that same reason also.
Hardest part of my job was getting to understand the aircraft and all my subsystems that i worked on but once that was understood everything seemed easier.
Pros
working around F/A-18 Super Hornets
Cons
Stressful environment
Military Life
Assistant Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 27, 2016
The military is great for sum but not for all. It take a special type of individual to successfully adapt to military life.
hard work and great reward
Yeoman (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 27, 2016
I learned so many great life lessons in the United States Navy. I learned how hard I can really work, money management and humility.
One team one fight!
Intelligence and Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAMay 27, 2016
The best decision I ever made. I become a stronger person leader and team mate every single day! If it weren't for family I would stay till retirement.
A hard workforce that teaches great core lessons and values
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Naples, Italy and Cherry Point, NCMay 27, 2016
Through hard work and discipline, the Navy taught me how to be a productive medic at home and overseas. The Navy also gave me core lessons and values to be able to become a successful member to a company.

Want to know more about U.S. Navy?

Ask a question
Service Review
Corrections Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 27, 2016
While in the United States Marine Corps, I was tested mentally, physically and morally. A typical day was a 24 hour shift within the prisons. I helped maintain order and discipline within the facility and was also responsible or up to 10 Marines and once in the max custody unit where we monitored up to 50 prisoners at once. This helped me gain great amounts of leadership skills along with responsibility and dedication to the job.
Schedule changes are frequent.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work comprises of both underway scheduling and ashore scheduling. When moored ashore ships often have training, maintenance, and preparations for underway. Once underway you are standing watch vigilantly, and participating in national tasking.
Pros
Benefits, stable employment, port visits.
Cons
Often out to sea, often have no internet connectivity, often miss land.
U.S. Navy
INFORMATION SYSTEM TECHNICIAN FIRST CLASS (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDMay 27, 2016
Co-workers working as a team to reach specific goals
The best part of the U.S. Navy are the port visits when your stationed on a ship to those numerous places in the world
I learned more patience while serving in the Navy
Pros
Travel
Cons
away from Family such as when on deployment
Great place to work and support our troops
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMay 26, 2016
Working here is very gratifying, though I am not on active duty status anymore. I am still able to support our troops in the efforts of protecting the United States.
Pros
Military Pay
Cons
Breaks, could use more time to relax from work
Federal Police Officer GS (Current Employee) –  Indian Head, MDMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of patrolling and physical security checks. I learned how to deescalate situations more effectively with coworkers and civilians in a domestic case. Management was great I thought that they did a good job at taking care of there employees. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the policies that constantly changed.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Disorganized
An interesting journey of my life
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2016
The Navy has taught me to lead, to be assertive, aggressive, and organized. Some days were great, others were not. I have traveled the world and saw many faces. I taught me to work under pressure and multitasking.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Way of life
Boot Camp
SEAMAN RECRUIT (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMay 26, 2016
Never made it out of boot camp because of injures.
Can't say much about boot camp.
Can say if injured in the NAVY and kicked out for it expect no help for them in repairs or recovery
structure
Plane Captain (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAMay 26, 2016
great experience. the military helped me grow as a man. the hardest part of the job was the hours. I loved that I can travel.
adventure inspiring
Diver / Welder / Fabricator (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 26, 2016
Every work day was a mission. The teamwork I experienced helped me grow individually and professionally. One big plus is you couldn't beat all the places I have traveled to in my 20 years.
Pros
Numerous diverse experiences
Cons
Productive and fast pace enviornment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAMay 26, 2016
Led the day to day functions within the department. Trained and mentored employees to attain company and personal goals.

4.4