U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 18,638 reviews matching the search
excelent place to work and live
Interrior communications electrican (Former Employee) –  U.S. NavyAugust 15, 2017
The navy was the most fulfilling job I have had. A great place to grow and learn valuable life skills and to proudly serve your country
If I could do it all over again I would make a life career out of it
Pros
see the world for free
Cons
away from family alot
The service is a great place to start
Veteran of The United States Navy (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 15, 2017
The Navy taught me a lot about discipline honor and life.
The Navy is a family and when stationed at a location they treat all the same.
Culture is the military.
Pros
Training
Cons
It's not just a job / Sacrifice is a requirement
department of Defense
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILAugust 15, 2017
Military operations worldwide. Was an electronics technician and cross rated to hospital corpsman due to lack of advancement which was based on budget cuts.
Pros
exciting
Cons
Stressfull
Navy
Machinist Mate Second Class (Former Employee) –  EverywhereAugust 15, 2017
One of 5 places to travel, learn, go to school and meet life long friends and mentors. Only the strong and the brave will be able to know what I am talking about.
Productive and Learning environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
I loved working for the department of the Navy. It was one of the best places to work in America. I learned alot of things that prepared me for the real world.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Navy life
Ships serviceman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk,vaAugust 15, 2017
The United States navy was adventures, I had a chance to travel the world, at a young age. It was a stepping stone for me to be able to build on my career.
Navy
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Mayport FloridaAugust 15, 2017
The Navy is what it is from the day you sign up. You should know what you're getting into its a lot of work. The people you meet and the experiences you have will change your life.
Productive experience
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
Lots of opportunities to gain knowledge and better yourself in your specific field. Able to work with people from all walks of life, making the workplace very diverse.
Fun
Commander Fleet Activities Yokosuka, Japan (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 14, 2017
It is fulfilling and offers a chance to see the world. You can learn a trade that will suit you well in life. If you a person who likes to experience new things the Navy is for you.
Great Benefits
Cryptologic Language Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 14, 2017
The Navy offered great benefits but I was not satisfied with the desk job I had. I was 28 when got out and felt that I was still treated like a child during my time there.

Want to know more about U.S. Navy?

Ask a question
I loved the Navy
Director of Medical Services (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 14, 2017
It is an incredible opportunity. The Navy provides you with leadership experience, international travel, incredible colleagues and mentors to work with.
Earn,Learn,Benefit
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 14, 2017
I would recommend the US Navy to as many highly qualified High School and college graduates as I could. The opportunities and benefits are endless. Its right there in front of them if they take a chance.
A life changing experience
Nuclear Power Trained Electricans Mate (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTAugust 14, 2017
At sea was standing watch and performing preventative maintenance

In port, Training and standing a few watches.

Good distinct chain of command, clear instructions from officers
Pros
The experiences
Cons
The danger in some of the assignments
Navy Reserves
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIAugust 14, 2017
The pay and amount of work (operations, collateral, training, admin etc.) for drilling Navy Reservists are negatives, but the benefits are unbeatable.
benefits
Cons
weekend drill pay and amount of work
Productive work place
Missile Technician (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay Base, GAAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work was learning more and more about the missiles that we worked on. Learning about the software used to operate said devices and how everything operated and flowed together. Management was very effective on dealing with problems that one may have had. Being new to the job itself was probably the most difficult part of the job being that one does not know the ins and outs or little tricks that more senior personnel would know. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build the relations with my fellow shipmates and knowing that if one is having troubles with anything that one or more person is willing to do what they can to makes things more endearing for you.
The navy
Aviation Boatswain mate Fuels (Current Employee) –  Mayport, FLAugust 14, 2017
Great job, just ready to move onto better things, long hours, get paid to travel, but also be ready to be treated like a child. Hardest part is being away from your family
Very rewarding
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2017
My career was absolutely fantastic, Traveled all over the U.S, to agencies field activities and met the most fantastic people. Went onboard Navy vessels, visited many shipyards as well,
Pros
Fantastic people
Productive high paced industry
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mayport, FLAugust 14, 2017
The US Navy gave me the knowledge, skills, and abilities to conduct business professionally at all times. With the time I spwnt in the Navy it was a rewarding and beneficial experience.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Hours
great place to learn a job
Naval Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILAugust 14, 2017
the navy is a good place to learn a trade and get proficient in one or many jobs the work day will be very long hours usually until the job is finished. with that I have learned many things and now can fix just about anything since there was no store to just go buy a new one we had to make parts and fit them so they would work the best part of the job was seeing new country's and traveling but was hard at the same time to be away from my wife and kids.
Pros
3 meals a day
Cons
long times at sea with no comunication with home
military
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville N A S, FLAugust 14, 2017
loved my time in the navy see plenty of places around world lots of experience on all kinds of aircraft great for someone just out of high school looking for skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4