U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 14,367 reviews matching the search
Meet good people
Machinist mate third class (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 24, 2016
I enjoyed the Navy and I meet alot of good people who taught me alot..good benefits got to travel the world see places..great training...
Pros
Good training
Cons
Gone from home long periods
Great organization
Navy Career Counselor/Personnel Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2016
I think the benefits the Navy has provided me are outstanding benefits. The education benefits have given me the necessary training needed to succeed in the private sector and the experience I have gained is unmatched.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Duty
great place
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2016
learned alot being in the Navy seen the world and was taught a trade that is why i retired from the Navy.learn to work on airplanes got to see the world as i went on deployments thru out my career
Pros
great benifits
Cons
away from family
Proud to Serve my Country
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 24, 2016
To wakeup everyday and put on a uniform and serve my country is a privilege. The typical workday was always different then the one before as the tasks are always changing. Serving my country along with my brothers and sisters in uniform has been a wonderful experience and made me the person I am today.
Great experience
Mechanic/Security Officer/Damage Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 24, 2016
Good benefits
Good pay
Good ports
Good co workers
Good supervisors
Opportunity for advancement
Met new people all the time.
Out on ship too long sometimes
The navy was the best choict of my life.
SONAR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 24, 2016
The US Navy gave me the ability and work effort to be successful in life. I would recommend joining to anyone there are alot of benefits to joining, including free college and a guaranteed pay check on first and fifteenth of every month.
Best time of my life!!!
Engineman Third Class Petty officer/ E4 (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNSeptember 23, 2016
The good outweighs the bad. The bonuses, when you get them, are awesome. I am a plankowner of the USS McFaul DDG 74. My first command, and I am still friends with many of the enlisted from the ship on facebook. Whatever command I've been to has worked with me. A few companies in the civilian world, could stand to take notes from our military. So if you want to have more than an adventure and you want to change the world's view of Americans ( a global force for good!) Join the Navy!!!
Pros
bonuses, more than half a million of your brother and sisters in arms to get your back!!!
Cons
working weekends and holidays, but hey, it's the military.
Probably the most interesting job I had.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2016
I served on 2 surface combatants: a 25 year old guided missile destroyer that had a hard time leaving port and a 10 year old guided missile cruiser that didn't stay in port. So my typical day ranged from cleaning living spaces to chipping paint to repainting to standing 2 six hour watches a day in a dark room staring at radar repeaters and listening to voice traffic over radio nets.
Pros
Got to travel half way around the world.
Cons
Low pay.
Outstanding place to work
GM2 VLS (Former Employee) –  USS RUSSELL, Perl Harbor, HISeptember 23, 2016
Great pay as you climb the ranks. Some of the best people you could ever meet. Not for every one, six months on board a ship can get to some people.
Fun environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed being in the Navy. The medical field is very rewarding, being able to help others. The ship life was awesome. I enjoyed meeting new people and traveling.
Great
Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WASeptember 22, 2016
The Navy provides a lot of opportunities for men and women. Definitely the best career path for someone who is up for a challenge
Focused attitude, communication and teamwork.
Equipment Operator Third Class (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2016
Not all benefits of this career are visible in the form of ,money in your pocket but you will gain great insight from diverse groups and various approaches to the same obstacle. Many leaders and a "friendly/family" culture. This can sometimes work against accomplishing the mission most effectively, and possibly create a tension amongst some coworkers.
It is not just a job, it is an adventure!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakehurst, NJSeptember 22, 2016
The best thing I ever did. 25 years later... and I'm still here. The Navy has provided me with an environment to be able to harness my various skills. I have faced some of my toughest challenges in life while working in the Navy and I have been able to overcome them. Truly an atmosphere for both professional and personal development!
U.S. Navy
Naval Aircrewman (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WASeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work I have been employed with the United States Navy for over four years and have seen great success. They are great to all family personnel
Accelerate your life
Team Lead - Ordnance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HISeptember 22, 2016
The Navy has a job for everyone and is a very smart choice to start your career. You can't beat the benefits you receive or the experience that you get.
Travelers Delight
Culinary Specialist -Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CASeptember 22, 2016
It gave me a sense of culture balance. Being in the culinary field for a while was very fast paced and strictly time management. I enjoyed the deployments and going around the world.
Pros
medical and education benefits
Cons
time away from family
Hard work but worth the pay
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 22, 2016
I learned skills to interact with people. I learned how to be independent as well as helpful to others. The navy taught me responsibility and key skills to succeed outside the navy.
US Navy Seabees
Builder 2nd Class E-5 (Former Employee) –  World-wideSeptember 22, 2016
As a Builder, I was extremely happy with my position in the Navy as a whole. The culture was extremely tight knit, productive, and supportive on a daily basis.
As I progressed through the ranks, I took on more and more responsibility which I relished. It gave me the opportunity to give back to the newer 'Bees the things that I had learned from the ones that taught me.
What I love
Aviation Structural Mechanic Safety Equipmentmen (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 22, 2016
Everyday your hard work shows when a plane is airborne safely and returns the same with all aircrew returning home to their families. Team work and dedication is often proven in this environment and I am glad to be a part of it.
Us navy
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2016
Learned a lot about myself during my time in the military. Very rewarding and selfless work. Amazing experience and stepping stone in my life. Proud to have served and looking to take my experience and apply it in the medical field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4