U.S. Navy
10,191 reviews

U.S. Navy United States Employee Reviews

I am honored to be apart of the U.S. Navy.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Life long opporutnity. Priceless.
Cons: Being away from my family.
I enjoyed serving my country. I had a great experience traveling the world, and learning new cultures. Being in the Navy has taught me great discipline and respect for my country.
Military what can you say
Boatswains mate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2015
this job is not for everyone but i did enjoy my time there proud to have served my counrty and was able to visit many different parts of the world
Growing Lesson
Work Center Supervisor/QA Inspector (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WAMay 2, 2015
Entering into the Navy was a great expierence in my life and it open my eyes to alot of things and people that I had no idea existed. I seen multiple places that I would not have seen had I not entered into the military.
Big work loads, high stress environment
GM3 (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free food and countless other benefits of being in the military
Cons: uncertainty of work load going into work everyday
Long work days at times. As a gunner's mate I was tasked with maintaining small arms and standing watch in armory for up to 24 hours.
Active Duty Navy
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: The perks of the Uniform
Cons: Being discharged from Active Duty (it is inevitable)
This was one of the better jobs that I have ever had. There was plenty of growth potential and I am very happy to have served our great nation.
The hardest part of the job was being away from family, but it was all worth it in the end.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and interacting with some very outstanding sailors.
Professional, objective based tasking and meaningful
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 1, 2015
Typical work day starts with a morning meeting discussing any highlights of the departments, and main tasking for the day. Next we break-off and assign individual tasking from each division. I've learned a lot about time management, responsibility, teamwork, and timeliness. The most enjoyable part of the job is being immersed in an organization with such rich history.
Military work from a clinic
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Hawaii, Georgia, OkinawaMay 1, 2015
Everyday was different from treating patients, leading sailors, cleaning, formations. I learned how to always be flexible. Working with people from different backgrounds, ranging from religion, country, race.
Productive work environment where you can learn and develop as a person
Gas Turbine Systems Technician (Current Employee), Pearl Harbor, HIMay 1, 2015
My experience in the US Navy has been both challenging and rewarding. There was never a typical day, having to juggle in port time with being out to sea, so the hours were extensive. My leaders were always fair and were good examples of what a leader/manager should be. The people I worked with made the job easier and more enjoyable, because teamwork is essential in the Navy. The hardest part while enlisted was dealing with the time away from family, sometimes not coming home for over a year at a time.
USN is a great way to start your life, to gain experience and to build discipline.
Nuclear Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 1, 2015
I was in the navy for 4 years as a nuclear mechanical engineer. The nuclear field in the navy stands duty once every 4 days for 24 hours and works the day before the day of and the day after for 9-12 hours, whether on weekends or holidays. The job security is great.
Give and Taken - Overall Fantastic
Seaman Recruit (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILMay 1, 2015
Pros: Insurance, Education, Life Experience, Travel, Advancement, Comraderie
Cons: Pay, Family Life, Long Hours
All though I had a job shortly there and ended on unfortunate terms due to personal health. I would gladly and excitedly still retake the job. You get to meet tons of different people from all over the world. The benefits are great you get insurance (life and health), college credits, college financial help, advancements, retirement, and travel.

The hardest part is not butting heads with the people you work with daily. The greatest part for me was being able to experience new things and taking life in a different view point.
Great People
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Friends, gym time, and occasional free lunch
Cons: No windows in my cubicle area
The job I do is very repetitive, however, the people I work with make it worth the hour commute! We laugh a lot and take great pride in taking care of the sailors serving onboard ships in the United States Navy. I am going to miss this place, but it is time to use my degree.
US Navy
Information Technician (E-5) (Former Employee), GlobalMay 1, 2015
I value much of my time spent in the Navy. I valued the opportunities offered, the experience gained, and the locations visited.
great experience gainer
LINUX Server Network Administrator (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: experience gainer
Cons: Navy qualifcations come first.
The Navy is a great way to gain experience. You will be expected to learn Navy guidelines and get Navy qualifications before pursuing any personal goals. Also, you can expect to be sent to away for long periods of time, but that time can be used to pursue your personal goals more intently.
I went to many places
Maintenance Worker, Deck Hand (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2015
I went many places saw alot of faces learned how to work with people of all different races and origans. All in all it was a lot of fun.
Great Experience
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Travelling, learning about myself as well as other people.
Cons: Long time away from family
I didn't enlist until I was 30 years old, as I wanted to feel mature enough to handle such a challenging experience. I had paid training and college, so who could ask for more? I spent time on aircraft carriers and traveled extensively. I met people from all over the world, and worked harder than I ever have in my life, but also had the most fun. I received multiple awards, including Bluejacket of the Year, and will never forget the experience.
Proud to be an American
Aviation Electrician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2015
Everyday was hard work and long hours, but there is a price for freedom. I would do it again if I could. Working on a flight deck of an aircraft carrier was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I love the NAVY!
Dental Technician/Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: traveling and eeing the world
Cons: Saying farewell to my shipmates
My years in the Navy will never be I grew up as a human being and as a person. Going on hikes or 6 month deployments made me appreciate family more than ever. My coworkers from subordinates to commanders are my brothers and sisters for life.
great travel and once in a life opportunity
PLANE CAPTAIN (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: travel the world
Cons: time away from family
Got to travel the world. Experience life on a aircraft carrier, and receive training from the best to protect the country.
Love the U.S. Navy
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Decatur IllinoisApril 30, 2015
I was glad to be apart of the U.S. Navy. You learn leadership, management, and above all team work. The job could get stressful time to time, but what job doesn't.
Loved being in the Navy
Hospital Corpsman Third Class (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAApril 30, 2015
Pros: The patients
Working in the OB/GYN clinic was super rewarding for me. I absolutely loved working in that clinic. I was the assistant Leading Petty Officer of the biggest clinic in the hospital, so it had it's downfalls. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries