U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 15,779 reviews matching the search
Amazing experience
Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Deployments, oceans and education? Why not! This was one of the best times of my life. All of the 3 star ratings are purely objective. I had great chiefs and terrible ones, I had some trouble seeing family at times (this was the terrible chief), you sign a contract so job security is a bonus but advancing was near impossible due to my rate (Machinist Mate) and I was unable to change it. If I could do it again, I would. Just great.
Pros
The overall experience.
Cons
The kids straight out of high school.
military
Supervisor, Damage (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
The military is not for everyone . Although i loved my job having deployments and unknowingly long work nights it is extremely hard to keep a good family life together.
Pros
all benefits that are provided
Cons
long periods away from home/country
Military Lifestyle
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 22, 2017
It was a typical United States of America military lifestyle. I wore a uniform everyday and served my country proudly. I am now ready to explore other options.
should of made it a carrer
Small boat engineer/mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mayport Naval Station, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Learned how to live the Military life. Have been around the world twice. A great way to start a future. Seen a lot of thing a lot of civilians dont. Earned rank and respect from my piers. I should of made it a carrer.
Pros
US NAVY LIFE
Cons
Should of made it a carrer
It is all up to you
Naval Cryptologic Chief (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Great opportunities. Your future is up to you. You can retire after twenty years of service, no one else can offer you that. More than likely you will spend a lot of time away from family and loved ones.
Pros
Travel, job security, reatirement
Cons
Quality of life. A lot of time spent away from family.
Navy Nuke
Nuclear Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 22, 2017
In the Navy, I learned a valuable skill set that I hope transfers over into the civilian sector. While in, I met a lot of good people and liked the work that I performed.
Pros
Training/ work experience
Cons
Lack of discipline at times while serving in the fleet.
It's not a job it's an adventure!
In-Flight Tech (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKFebruary 22, 2017
The Navy is what you make it. It can be a day to day job or a career. It all depends on what you make it. Give it your all and you can go far.
Rewarding and challenging work
Nuclear Machinist Mate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Day to day life included a wide range of challenges allowing individuals to rise to new levels and adapt all situations. Managed a wide variety of programs which improved leadership skills.
Excellent Work atmosphere
Financial Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is the professionalism displayed by all employees @ NSWC-PCD. The work ethic and standards are set high, so you better come to work ready to roll. I love the ability to bring out the best in people.
benefits
Cons
Productive workplace. Learn how to follow a chain of command and respect the rules and regulations of the United States Military.
E-3 Seaman (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work is usually and easy day if everyone is on the same page and acting as a team. I have learned that there is reason for such strict discipline and following rules and keeping a military bearing is essential to the success of the military. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a long day and knowing what you've done served a bigger purpose.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare

Want to know more about U.S. Navy?

Ask a question
Experience
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Great experiences and awesome family feeling amongst co workers. The family setting was ending and it was more of a for yourself attitude at the end throwing each other under the bus.
Great job pays well, and you have great hours
Yeoman (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Helps you refocused your life. Great people who push you hard. Your never judge by anyone. And great hours no complaints.
Pros
Great pay get to meet new people
Cons
You don't choose your hours and you work long days
productive and fun working enviroment
AVIATION ORDNANCEMAN, Second Class (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed the hard task that was giving to me everyday. As a leader I supervised up to 30 personnel. the hardest part of the job was training personnel to becoming a top influence to the command. The most I enjoyed about the job is the brotherhood.
Pros
free travel
Cons
not much down time
One of the greatest jobs ill ever have
Fire Controlman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Minus the not so good command I was forced to be at, the Navy was by far one of the funnest places jobs I ever had. Never had a dull moment and the people were encouraging. Some members of the Chain of Command were a bit unethical. But overall best place ever.
Pros
Cons
Hit or miss chain of command
Electrician apprentice
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTFebruary 21, 2017
during the time I was in the service spent a lot of time on watches often more than twenty four hours, there was no room for errors or mistakes. Great chain of command
Pros
Great Money, Education
Has it's ups and downs
Machinist's Mate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Most days were structured and scheduled out. I gain some valuable experience in working with steam plants and related equipment and their operation.
Productive place
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 21, 2017
Presents many opportunities, very structured, and enjoyable. Members are able to work in a diverse setting and meet new challenges.
Great place to work and Great benefits
Marine Machinery Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bremerton Naval Station, WAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day is repairing naval vessals and get them back out to sea to defend our country. Management is good and the culture surrounding the work place is a fun one.
Extremely demanding, high tempo job
Nuclear Operations Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2017
The Naval Nuclear Power Program is a very intellectually demanding job that is very fast paced and demanding. It requires lots of motivation and drive to succeed and can be very rewarding if you enjoy problem solving and and working in a team environment with people from all over the country. I have made lifelong friends and am very grateful for the opportunities that it has afforded me.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Very demanding
loved the adventure, leadership and challenges
Area Supervisor, NRD Indianapolis (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2017
Great career, had a wonderful lifetime of adventures, training, experience and leadership opportunities. A typical day at work could be totally unpredictable and adventurous. Gained many life skills, leadership skills and worldly training.
Pros
Free college, training, travel and adventure.
Cons
Away from home often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4