U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 16,245 reviews matching the search
Military Service
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2017
Military Service. It is what you make of it. Ability to travel, make lasting relationships, and learn key skills to take you into the civilian workforce if you so choose.
US Navy Rocks
United States Navy (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2017
Join the Navy, see the world. Remember that the world is mostly covered in water and you will see lots of water. I would not trade this experience for anything.
Fast pace stressful overall good experience
Petty Officer second-class (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor HawaiiMarch 28, 2017
Great way to get college education, see the world work with the best people in America has to offer. Develop highly sought after skills in civilian life.
great time and learned alot
Damage Control Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 28, 2017
worked with great people and got to see the world and served my country with pride. served 20 years and retired from good commands. would serve again.
Pros
great times
Cons
wished i could have served longer
Stepping stone
Aircrewman, C-2 Greyhound (Former Employee) –  North Island, CAMarch 28, 2017
The Navy was good to my and my family. I used it as a stepping stone to go onto bigger/better things. Wouldnt trade anything for the experiences that I had.
Its the military
AVIATION ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CAMarch 28, 2017
Take it for what it is. made me a better man but you pay a price for it. Long hours. Have to leave your family and friends behind. but you see the world and learn a lot of life lessons.
Pros
Healthcare and stable pay
Cons
Low income, Long hours
Great place to advance your life.
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 28, 2017
Decent pay with good benefits. Lots of opportunity to advance your skills and career. The hardest part of the Navy is being underway and being away from family.
Excellent training and personal development
Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5) (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMarch 28, 2017
I joined the U.S. Navy as a young man to serve my country; travel and get the excellent training and certification one can only get in U.S. Military environment,
Pros
travel, self-development, training, honorary
Serve your country
Sr. BI Analyst & Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAMarch 28, 2017
Every individuals day at work is dependent on the job they are chosen for. What you will learn in this type of environment is unlike any other. You will learn about work ethic, attention to detail, commitment, and most of all you will always have the privilege of saying " I served in the world's finest Navy" J.F.K.
Pros
Mentorship
Cons
Deployments
Great stepping stone
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2017
My experience taught me how to work well with others, manage teams, communicate effectively, work in stressful environments and maintain self discipline.
Life as a K9 handler
Military Working Dog Handler (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTMarch 28, 2017
I am responsible for meeting training requirements with my military working dog each day. Training includes explosive detection, patrol, obedience, gunfire, and utilization. I truly have the best job in the Navy.
Build two radio studios and one control room
Interior Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2017
learn how to plan, and following the schedule to build two radio studio and control room. communication and operation test all function. Learn how to look at blueprint, team work.
Pros
team work
Cons
push self to hard
One Team One Fight
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMarch 28, 2017
The U.S. Navy provides a multitude of opportunities for their sailors. The education provided and the skills training enhances the versatility of service members world wide.
Pros
Education, Health, and Life benefits
Cons
Possibility of time away from family
Fun
Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 28, 2017
Learn how ti maintain and fix equipment that is not apart of every day life. Get a chance to see the world in almost its entirty. Learn a trade that you can use outside of the military
It was an interesting position
Logistics Management Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 28, 2017
The position did involve different people. The organization did have numerous opportunities for training. However, a majority of the employee lead training was poor quality.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Promotion was based on mandatory time at the position instead of merit
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIMarch 28, 2017
The environment is fast paced with teamwork and self reliance. It made me more confident in my decisions that had to be on the spot or were crucial decisions on my ship. Makes a Mature leader to those who strive to be one.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Time away
Not great
member of Navy Band Southwest (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 28, 2017
The Navy is not for everyone. I would recommend going in to the navy only as an officer, not enlisted. As an enlisted sailor, they pretty much only reward mediocrity. That is frustrating. I enjoyed my duty location but the job was hard to deal with, that is why I got out.
Proudly served.
Sailor (Former Employee) –  GuamMarch 28, 2017
Serving in the military was one of the best if not the best job I have ever had. Commadere, discipline, hard working people respecting each other is a plus
Pros
Teamwork, recognition.
I love serving my country.
Fire Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Pearl Harbor Naval Station, HIMarch 28, 2017
Made great friends, memories, and stories to last a life time. It also matured me from a teenager to a fully responsible adult and to work as a team with people from all demographics and walks of life.
It's the US Navy...
Aviation Structural & Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Whidbey Island Naval Air Station, WAMarch 28, 2017
The Navy is and always has been an entity that you get out what you put in. I traveled to 29 countries in 5 years, and made life long friends. I don'd regret Joining.
Pros
Travel, Good People
Cons
Away from Home for 6 months at a time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4