U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 17,755 reviews matching the search
Mixed Feelings
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Naval Air Station Lemoore, CAJune 22, 2017
I loved my 3 years and 6 months in the Navy. Though, I will not suggest anyone enlist in the navy. If you value sleep, your education, your individuality and freedom, do not enlist. The navy is not what its lead to be believed. Your not saving the world, its being run by cowards who are way to soft, you can get kicked out of the navy for not being properly trained and it not being your fault. Its mentally tough. You work 75+ hours a week. Your getting paid $8.25 an hour and you work unpaid overtime. Its not the best working environment.
Pros
Job Security
Stressful
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJune 21, 2017
keeps you away from your family. Led by people the don't know "where they're going" The hours are ridiculously long. Great benefits. Your day is as good as your shipmates.
Medical Laboratory Technician, (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
Don't do it. Just please don't do it. There are options, there are things to live for. This is not a quick an easy way out. You will regret it. You will regret it.
ability to travel
SONAR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
Great opportunity to see the world. Opportunities for education and life long skills. Able to travel and have family involved. Opportunity to serve and defend my country.
Pros
world travel
Cons
extended time away from family
My Opinion
Aviation Ordnanceman First Class Petty Officer/E-6 (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 21, 2017
A typical work day was anywhere from 12-14 hours. The people who you work with becomes family. There isn't good balance between family and work. The hardest part about the Navy if you're family oriented leaving for 6-12 months isn't healthy.
Great organization
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 21, 2017
I was surrounded by great people all the time. I really enjoyed the mission and the wonderful feeling of serving my country. Check them out if you get a chance.
Navy
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
Did not have as great as an experience with the Navy as I did with the Army. I faced some challenges due to being young but I got through the and was able to join the Army
Love My Navy
Student Pilot (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2017
I was proud to serve this country and my only negative feeling is that I didn't get to continue my career due to political agendas. I would go back and continue my service to this great county under the direction of the Navy any day, any time.
Enjoyed by military time
Journalist (3rd class petty officer) (Former Employee) –  Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MIJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my fellow shipmates (though I was at an air facility), and learned quite a bit during my time of service. I trained as a journalist, which was a great education and enabled me to get into the radio field once I was discharged.
Amazing
Navy (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJune 21, 2017
You're serving your country, what better work is their? Help is always given to those who ask. Days start early and their is always something to do. Your work space is never dirty.

Want to know more about U.S. Navy?

Ask a question
Great opprotunities
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MD 20670June 21, 2017
The united states navy has given me and many others the opprotunities to advance and gain knowledge for the future. As well allowing for the growth of the individual and team work to achieve one common goal.
Service to my country
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Meade, MDJune 21, 2017
My military experience is without any regrets. It was fulfilling, rewarding and an adventure. The twenty plus years of service provided me with valuable work experience in a diverse culture. I gained certifications that have been beneficial in my career. The most difficult part of the military career was the time away from family and friends.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
Separation from loved ones
Engine room
US Navy (Former Employee) –  every whereJune 21, 2017
I worked down in the engine room with 2 main engines ,2 600 pound boilers, a lot of long hours but got to travel the world made friends that I will have froever
Serving my Country
Aerographer Mate E-5 (Former Employee) –  Naval Base, VAJune 21, 2017
The U.S. Navy is a part of my life I truly am glad to have experience. For a young man out on his own for the first time, the Navy gave me guidance and allowed me to grow as an individual.
Pros
Best Uniforms
Cons
Anchors Away is not a song, but a life.
Challenging but exciting work environment
Computer and Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
If you are willing to sacrifice much of your time to the US Navy, you will find a fulfilling career with many challenging projects within an exciting environment. You will be working with some of best individuals on the planet on some of the most cutting edge technology. I would recommend this for any person who wants to learn a skill and isn't afraid of hard work and sacrifice to do it.
Pros
Ample training opportunities, fair compensation, and unmatched experience
Cons
Poor work/life balance and high work tempo
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 21, 2017
Gives you discipline and structure in your every day life. It is hard to baloance a life when you are serving for the military but the benefits are worth it.
Navy
Electricians Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 21, 2017
I loved and enjoyed my time. Would go back in a heart beat. I cross rated from BM to EM. I enjoyed both of my rates in the navy. And an awesome experience.
Us navy
First Class Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  work wideJune 21, 2017
Whether you are going Active Duty or joining the Reserve, you'll earn a sense of purpose that few civilian careers can match. ... The experience at your Navy job can springboard you into a fulfilling military service career and lead to outstanding opportunities in the private sector.
U.S navy
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 21, 2017
Best job I ever had. Got to travel and explore different cultures and societies. great experience and they took care of me and my family. Benefits are awesome and till this day benefiting as a veteran,
Full of opportunity and experiences
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJune 20, 2017
The Military is what you make of it, it was really good to me. I was directly involved with Navy and Marine Corps Public Health among other duties. The Opportunities are endless as long as you take advantage of them.
Benefits
Cons
Time away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4