U.S. Navy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,946 reviews matching the search
Most challenging and rewarding time of my life.
Senior Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  Navy Bases through out the woldJuly 29, 2016
Normal underway it would be a 6 hour or 8 hour rotating shift operating the propulsion plants. This time of my life was the most rewarding as in learning to troubleshoot, repair and operate boilers, turbines, diesel generators, and auxiliary equipment.
It's was ok I didnT care for it.
Master at Arms (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJuly 29, 2016
I didn't really care for it. It was a great learning experience. But it was definitely not for me. The people you work for are all different usually the people don't really care unless it benefits them
Pros
Money, health
Cons
Not being able to see family, rude people, no one works with you
Military Life
Percurment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAJuly 29, 2016
I enjoyed serving in the United States Army. I gave 10 years of my life defending the rights and freedoms of our nation, and never regretted it for a second. I began my career as an M1A1 Abrams Tank Drive, Loader, Gunner and Tank Commander. Later reclassified as a Scout, which provided me with the skills to deploy to Iraq and support the missions I received from my commanding officers. After returning from Iraq I completed my contract and decided to separate from that life.
Pros
Teamwork, Leadership, Frendship, Travel, Training, Teaching
Cons
Deployments away from family, low pay for the danger, strick structure
Great opportunities within organization.
Sailor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2016
Great opportunities within organization. Plenty room for promotion and growth. Many opportunities to meet new people and go new places. Various incentives such as money for school, sign on bonuses and lots of others.
Its a sacrifice but rewarding.
Information systems technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
I joined early and left pretty much everything i knew behind but i learned a lot and became a different man a better man. You get to see the world of course while working but free and meet new peoples and cultures.
productive
BM (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJuly 28, 2016
The work with the Navy was always interesting. I loved being able to work on navel ships. I learned a lot during my time in the Navy.
Usn
SEAL (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2016
Job Security,Health benefits, Education Benefits, Travel, Support Services , Bonuses, Leave Days, Job Growth
Join the Navy
Aviation Maintenance Officer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2016
I enlisted in 1993 and I have never regretted my decision. The recruiter told me I could "write my own ticket" in the Navy and he was right. As long as you show up to work on time and fit for duty, work hard, acquire your qualifications in a timely manner you will excel and go as far as you want to go. See the world, contribute to the defense of your country, and enjoy the many benefits of serving in the Armed Forces. Learn a Trade, see the world.
Pros
Learn a trade, see the world. Outstanding job security.
Cons
Minimum 4 year commitment may not attract some.
Fun but stressful
Gas Turbine Technician Electrical (Current Employee) –  Mayport, FLJuly 28, 2016
The navy is an enjoyable profession with a lot of benefits and good people. The long underways away from family is stressful but it is quite a good time and very productive. So much experience gained from the navy and I continue to keep learning to this day.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
schedule
Damage Controlmen
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2016
Learned a lot about maintenance on equipment. Firefighting equipment along with training ships crew. Best part of the job was the travel. Hardest part was the long unnecessary hours not getting paid by the hour.
A tipical day at work
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 28, 2016
For a Quality Assurance representative the daily tasks vary depending on time, orders and other contractor related activities. This position enhanced the leadership and supervisory skills needed in the job market. Constant contractor deals that include phone calls, e-mails and other messages also improve the quality of costumer service abilities for the individual, co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was personnel shortages, but at the end multi-tasking abilities improved and the employee was able to handle more tasks in a short amount of time to increase productivity. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to work with people (contractors/military), and the ability to understand the importance of quality assurance attention to detail to keep the employees, contractors (private/military) with a safe work environment while minimizing potential hazards.
Best Branch in the military
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
i love the navy, its great. i would highly recommend serving time in the united states navy. If it wasnt for my want for higher education i would never get out.
Great opportunity.
Command Fitness Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2016
Working for the Navy is a great opportunity. You will be able to experience a different culture of accomplishing missions and objectives. It isn't for everyone but, if you would like to gain real world experience quickly, this is the place to do it.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
unpredictable work hours
Long work hours in less-than-desirable work conditions
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJuly 27, 2016
The benefits were incredible, the pay was great, but the job itself was extremely difficult and required much patience and concentration. I am grateful for the Navy paying for 36 months of education via the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
US Navy
TTWCS Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 27, 2016
Not much to review it was the military. You had long days and short off time. You did what you were todl whether you liked it, or not.
Great Clinic
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 26, 2016
After the change in command near the end of my time there, it was much more pleasant! The corpsman and chain of command were great, the providers were very knowledgeable, and the civilian staff were wonderful! The only problem I had was the patients and beneficiaries that thought they were above policies and demanded to be seen after they arrived well after the appointment time, immediately, and got upset at staff when they did not get their way. Not all of them were like that, but the growing numbers don't help. Being a tiny medical clinic that serves 6,000+ Active Duty, retirees and their dependants and beneficiaries, which doubles in the winter with snow-bird and WTI populations influx, it gets difficult to get everyone in exactly when they want to get in and for appointments more than the allotted 20 minutes.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
self-entitled, inconsiderate beneficiaries
Interesting life lessons learned
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Mayport Naval Station, FLJuly 26, 2016
Hard work for not a lot of pay initially depending on your rate. The hardest part of the job is the time away from your family. There are travel opportunities you'll never find anywhere else.
A tough job
ELECTRICAL SERVICE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Little Creek, VAJuly 26, 2016
The work day was 8 to 24 hours a day. Some day were better then others but I loved every minute of it and I hated leaving it. For the most part you were rewarded for your knowledge.
Overall Amazing Experience
Petty Officer Second Class (E-5) / RP2 (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2016
The Military teaches you things you never knew you could accomplish and really helps set any one up for success. It's not always a walk in the park, and it is by no means meant for everyone or easy, but it does make those who have served stronger individuals. The Military gives you things that no one can ever take away from you.
The Navy saved my life
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2016
The Navy was my first job, had lots of great experiences and met people from all walks of life. They paid for college and I get VA healthcare for life. I also get veterans preference when applying for jobs, the Navy was the bets job i ever hands......hands down! If I was to list all the benefits i would run out of space

4.4