U.S. Navy
10,437 reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

it is what it is
Machinist Mate- Boiler Tech (Former Employee), pearl harborMay 28, 2015
there is not a whole lot you can say about the navy that people dont already know, i think its a great decision for anybody to enlist as long as you think the military life is for you( because its definitely not for everybody)
overall good
Electronics technician/Production control manager (Former Employee), variousMay 28, 2015
Pros: teamwork advancement
Cons: family seperation
learned to work with others. pull together as a team for a common goal. hardest part was the family separations on deployment.
Great oppotunity
Aviation Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Travel, and new people
Cons: micromanaging
setting up flights for the day, making sure all inspections are complete and parts are safe. checking and updating all requirements are complete before take off.
Productive and very entertaining place to work
Machinist Mate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 28, 2015
I learned plenty of things to help me carry out my life into the civilian world, plenty of new friends and made long time friendships
basic training
E-3 SN (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILMay 28, 2015
basic training

Wake up, breakfast, PT, classroom work, PT, tap.

Typical basic training experience with all the perks you'd expect.
Fast, Fun , and Exciting
Air Traffic Control Administration Manager (Former Employee), Point Mugu, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Health insurance Housing allowance Food allowance
Cons: Always ready at a moments notice to pick up and leace
Work Hard But play harder! I learned so much about myself throughout my Naval Career. I also met some of the most amazing people from all around the world.
Best Job I ever had
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee), Washington dcMay 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits, got to see the world.
Cons: too much time away from family
Excellent! Most fun i have had in my life but by the time my enlistment was up i was ready to be home with my family. The people that i served with were great and so were the supervisors. its not a life that is for everyone but if you want to do it, it can be the best life there is.
Great
Personnel Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Maintaining and entering data into Enlisted Service Records; Gaining personnel to new commands, transferring personnel, preparing personnel for retirement/Fleet Reserve; Preparing all types of separations; I.D. Card issuance; Providing enlisted people with information and counseling related to Navy occupations, opportunities for general education and job training, requirements for promotion, and rights and benefits; Assisting enlisted people and their families with special problems or personal hardships; Perform counseling and interviewing personnel on a variety of matters
Top secret information job
Cryptological Technician Communications (Former Employee), The worldMay 28, 2015
I got to see the world. I worked in different countries and different scenarios. That including being out to sea. Training was excellent and I enjoyed it while I was in the navy.
Navy
Petty Officer (Former Employee), San Diego CaliforniaMay 27, 2015
The Navy was fun, it pays for your education and you get to travel for free, I learned a lot about working with ohers from all different religions, and cultures , I learned a lot about being a leader and getting along well with others.
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Aviation Boatswain Mate (Fuels) E-3 (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, travel, meeting new people
Cons: no set working hours, you work until the mission is complete
A typical day would consist of cleaning, maintaining, training and providing clean and safe jet fuel to different types of aircraft. The hardest part of the job is that you work in all climatic conditions, in fast-paced and often potentially hazardous environments. My co-workers understood we were there for a mission and we needed to complete it as an team so we could be a safe and productive as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting that feeling at the end of the day knowing that you providing something important to keep our country safe.
SAILING THE SEVEN SEAS
Enlisted - Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent retirement, pay and travel.
Cons: Constantly on the go!!!
After completing 24 years of service, I enjoyed the traveling from all points of the world, being able to work with anyone from different lifestyles and cultures. This is a point in my life I have completed without any regrets. If I could do it again, believe me I will do it without any hesitation.
Get to travel, learn new experience, interact with all cultures
Electronic Technician/Navigation (Former Employee), Groton, CT.May 27, 2015
Teach great skills for the civilian world.
Great benifits and policies.
Depending how long in the military, harder the transisiton to interact with the civilian world
Scheduled and Organized
First Class Petty Officer - CTT1 (Former Employee), Little Creek, VAMay 27, 2015
US Navy provided me training to become a leader, team player and a hard worker. I believe in being fair, firm and impartial to all.
Electronics Tech
Electronics Technician (E6) Served (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Downsizing of the Navy
Served 12 years, loved it. traveled all over the world, served on an admirals staff, built a destroyer taught electronics and met many interesting people.
Outstanding career oriented workplace.
Electronic Warfare Operator Flight Instructor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
I was able to complete a full 20 year career and enjoyed every part of it along with gaining a tremendous amount of experience.
Administrative Assistant/Clerical Support
Aviation Maintenance Administration (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 27, 2015
Typical days consisted of answering phones, filing documents, sending electronic mail on company information. Managed over 15 people on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I'd done a hard day work for a fair amount of pay.
Good for young people. Terrible for a married young professional.
Division Officer (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 27, 2015
Your boss can be a tyrant and you will not even be able to vent out after work since everyone is trapped on a ship and your friends and family are far away. Your stress level never comes down. You will question yourself if it is worth it as a career everyday, considering the sacrifice you make constantly.
Serve and Protect...
USN (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDMay 27, 2015
Pros: TEAM
Cons: Stability for life - always moved
Serve, protect and allow our country to have the freedom we do. Career was unmatched and never ever have had such opportunities to be part of this kind of TEAM. Miss it dearly.
Stepping Stone
Hull Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), san diegoMay 27, 2015
the navy was a fantastic stepping stone to introduce me into a new career and a trade! i seen alot of great places and have done alot of great things for our country while serving in the navy.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries