U.S. Navy
11,044 reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

United States Navy
Information Systems Technician (Current Employee), Pensacola, FloridaJuly 29, 2015
Has given me such great skills, and an outstanding amount of information of my field. Great instructors during my training.
Greatest Team I've ever worked with
Quarter Master (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2015
The United States Navy has been well to me. It has taught me a lot about being a leader and take charge in doing a task to better my team. The only reason I'm leaving is because I'm medically separated due to weakness in my left knee. I am very thankful for the opportunities that have been provide and will use what I learned in everyday life.
Excellent workplace that has been completely amazing to me thru everything.
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee), Multiple LocationsJuly 28, 2015
I've enjoyed working for the Navy and being able to learn all these different things. The Navy on the military side and civilian side has treated me very well.
office work
Third Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), San Diego CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: company picnics, family outings, and the over all experience
Cons: long hours, and the occasional bad mood
A typical day would consist of doing filing and maintaining files of already in data base clients. The experience was rewarding and interesting to understand all the depths of the location in which I was working. The management was enjoyable and let me do what needed to be done, they also took my advice on certain issues and applied when allowed to be applied. The co-workers were understanding, flexible and fun to be around most days. Every one has their off days and that is probably the hardest part about the job. when someone comes into work and there is no possible way to cheer them up. That emotion gets taken out on the person they are talking with and you must maintain a level of professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that someone was being helped in a way that was respectful and the appreciation that was given, a smile a thank you or a you made my day always was very rewarding to hear.
When you join, stay in!
Culinary Specialist, Submarine (Former Employee), Groton, CTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great benifits, pay, perks.
Cons: Treated terribly unless your good at your job, full of harassment.
My career for the navy was short lived due to needs of the navy and being removed however due to the benefits, the pay, and incentives you gain as a member of the military and with our current cost of living I recommend that anyone should remain in the navy if they can. After leaving I now make 3/4's of what I was making and the fact is that in this day and age we need to slave away in the military just to survive.
Very good environment.
Laborer (Former Employee), Lodge, VAJuly 28, 2015
The Navy Lodge is a wonderful place to meet an greet families from all over the globe and accommodate them as they get a feel off the VA lifestyles.
Great place to start and build your carrer.
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Meeting all my shipmates.
Cons: Being away from your family while you are on tour.
Joining the Navy was one of the best decisions in my life.. It taught me discipline and taught me a lot about leadership. The Navy provides so many opportunities and experiences if you want them. I went into the Navy as boy and I came out a man. Being in the navy taught me a lot about myself and gave me the tools to better myself in whatever I want to do.
great oppurtunities
eod (Former Employee), united statesJuly 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule
serving in the armed forces was a joy and something i was proud to do for myself and country. After my contract was complete i was happy and ready to move on to create my own future.
I wouldn't change that experience for the world
Aviation Structural Mechanic/ Seabee (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Life changer
Cons: Being away from family during deployments
Joining the Navy the day after 9/11 was the best career move I ever made. I met some of the best people I've ever known in the Navy. Also the experience of working with planes on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier was the best time of my life. Very hard work but I loved every minute.
Extremely engaging and worth while career.
Damage Control work center supervisor. (Former Employee), USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75)July 27, 2015
The overall experience as a United States Sailor was very gratifying and rewarding. Mission objectives were clear and precise with no room for error. The comradery made the job more enjoyable and satisfying, making the time away from loved ones that much easier.
High energy and productivity
Pump Room Operator (Former Employee), Norfolk Naval Station, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: long deployments
Working for the Navy for 4 years gave me great experience with working in different situations and pressure. My shipmates were some of the best people to work with. They knew thier job and I knew mine.
Good busy work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Portsmouth VAJuly 27, 2015
works in the radiology department in emergency room in Portsmouth Naval. Averages 30 patients a day. In charge of QA, Imaging, and patient transport
Great Experience
Electronics Technician (E-5) (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Is a great way to receive benefits, college, healthcare, housing, meals. Work/life balance is tough, long deployments and work hours inport.
Military
Work Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Kings Bay Base, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Gauranteed Paycheck
Cons: No independence
Active Duty Military Served on Submarines. Rough Environment but worked with Good and Smart people. Look forward to working with them as a contractor.
U.S. Navy
Nuclear Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great life experience, meet a lot of cool people, eye-opening experience
Cons: There are a few but nothing you'll look back on and regret (generally)
Great branch to serve in. If you like travel and serving your country, I would recommend it. Met a lot of cool people that I won't forget. Great experience.
Brotherhood
Sonar Technician (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Integrity
Cons: Policy
Team work, accountability, integrity, honor, respect and duty. It is more than just a job. It was an adventure. I traveled the world and tested the limits of my ability.
Productive and great training
Sentry (Former Employee), Kings Bay GAJuly 27, 2015
Provided Security for civilians and military personnel entering and exiting the installation.
Made great friends and received extensive training and skills.
Military
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), USAJuly 27, 2015
A typical day get up at 0400 and get off at 1700. Dealing with stressful Situations all day. The most enjoyable part of this job is protecting your country.
Great job for traveling the world
Database/System Administrator (Former Employee), Mangilao, GuamJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Defining country
Cons: Long work hours and six month cruise
Job usually starts early in the morning with a meeting to pass down requirements for the day. I learned to deal with people from different cultures, and races. Managers are knowledgeable in their duties and require workers to be the same. Co-workers are also friends and can sometimes be like family. The hardest part of the job is that depending on the current events you may have to work twelve hours on and twelve hours off for a week or more, not including other duties that will be assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling to the many different countries you would probably not have an opportunity to travel to had you not joined.
Productive work place
INSPECTOR INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Typical day is preparing administrative, medical and dental records for reserve personnel. Planning exercises and command functions

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries