U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Stressful but Adventure
Urinalysis Program Coordinator (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Management
Diversity is one of the key function working in the Navy but the Stressful life is more challenging but with a great rewards for adventure to see around the world for free
Great Career
Hospital Corpsman Third Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhAugust 26, 2015
I wish I was still in. The Navy was great, everywhere from benefits to the people. Advancement opportunities were endless. Hards part was being away from family and friends often. But I did get to travel.
GREAT ECPERIENCE
First Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Time away from home
The Navy has taught me a lot to keep me ahead in life. It gives you a chance to see life in a different way and show you the way to get a hold of your life.
I work
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Whidbey Island, WAAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at work starts with checking the flight schedule for the command plan of the day. Checking emails and beginning what was not finished the day before. Soon after that sailors would come in with their issues( pay or administrative).
Served in US Navy
Administrator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Learning different cultures through travel
Cons: Times confined to a ship
My job was in Officer Administration and Flight Operations. I worked on officers services records and flight records for pilots. Daily received and sorted message traffic for sensitive materials up to a secret clearance. Made flight schedules and recorded time for daily flight activities. Printed and reviewed reports for the command on a daily basis. Also maintained disciplinary records and actions during on board trials. Worked closely with personal for the enlisted to coordinate command postings.
An experience of a life time
Cryptologic Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: opportinites in every area
Cons: being away from family and friends
I worked in many areas of the US Navy, my first being a Cryptologic Technician Technical. I enjoyed many of the jobs and experiences that being in the military afforded me, it was as I said, an experience of a life time.
Hard work and long hours with people you can call family.
Engineman(Diesel Mechanic) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Brotherhood, Knowledge, Patience
Cons: Hours Variate, Watch standing, Duty
I learned a lot in the years i spent as an Engineman. My chain of command taught us everything they could when they could. My coworkers were the best group of people I've met and would do anything for each other.
Undesignated (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 26, 2015
I learned a lot about self discipline. Hardest part of the job was deployment working every single day not sure when you'll get to go to sleep. The most enjoyable part of my job was hitting port and being able to relax.
wonderful
CULINARY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: travel, experience, life lessons
Cons: missing family, work stress
awesome work environment. the people are amazing kind and friendly. there are alot of beautiful places in this world and i've experienced many of those places with this job
Fun place to work and the people were great too
Third Class Petty Officer/Aviation Ordnance (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: Short breaks, sitting in a chair most of the day
This command was more understanding of my situation. My supervisors and higher ups helped me in any way they could. I didnt have much hard time working here. I loved everyone and my job. I sat at a desk and was basically a secretary for the MWR. We sent up command picnics, BBQ, Christmas party events.
Gets the bills paid
Submariner (Former Employee), Groton, CTAugust 26, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: Orders
As a student I was learning about submarines and how they work. on top of standing watches at different buildings for security checking ID's and uniform regulations.
Productive Day When Task Are Displayed Ahead Of Time
ABF (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Learn Something Everyday
Cons: VERY UNORGANIZED!
Awesome Job mechanical wise. Always able to learn something new during operation & daily up keep of maintenance. Due to trying to minimize personnel on military vessels equipment constantly upgrade.
ok
Senior Enlisted Advisor (Former Employee), GeorgiaAugust 25, 2015
Government that kept me busy. Time for a change in career and move to live with the family who lives in Florida. Job wasn't bad, but after 20 years active duty I'm tired of government work.
Team building, fun, educational, proffessional and personal growth
Project Management/ Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locations throught worldAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Travel, friendship
Cons: Extended deployments
The Navy is an outstanding place to develop technical, tactical, leadership and personnel development skills. We build life long friendships and extended families through our careers. I have learned to be a consummate professional displaying confidence in my decision making skills, presentations, training, lectures, mentorship and personnel development. We treat our fellow shipmates with honor and respect. Our core values are Honor, Courage and Commitment. The most difficult part of my job was to leaving my family for deployment, although I have no regrets in doing so. The most rewarding evolution of my job was ensuring my personnel were properly trained, advanced in rank and to re-enlist a fellow Sailor. If I could serve another 26 years I would.
It's the military, you either love it or hate it.
Submarine Nuclear Machinist Mate First Class (Former Employee), GuamAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent training, great people, good experiences
Cons: Long hours, not enough pay
My opinion varied depending on what we were doing. If we were underway everything was smooth sailing. If we were in port we tended to work upwards of 70 hours a week, and in the military there is no overtime.
great place to work
Navy Aviation Machinists Mate (Former Employee), Key West, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: deployments
spent 20 years in the navy all was good
no complaints
was a aviation jet mechanic and career counselor
miss that comradare
Outstanding Experience
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN, SENIOR CHIEF (Former Employee), WorldwideAugust 25, 2015
Pros: See the world
Cons: The Gulf War
I spent 20 years in the Navy and loved the fact that each day could be dramatically different than the last. It was a very challenging job, and I got asked to do a lot of things I would have never volunteered for myself, but the experience gained was well worth it.
Productive high-tempo work environment creating professional individuals
Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Rome, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare, training, education
Cons: red tape, strict rules
Highly productive organization

Creates highly skilled, well trained individuals

Great opportunities including medical, dental, education, and training

Professional atmosphere.
A job and lifestyle I would recommend all young people to experience.
BU (Former Employee), Worldwide, U.S.August 25, 2015
Pros: Travel, Education, Training, Benefits, Good Pay, Fun
Cons: Frequent deployment, time away from family
The military is a job like no other, providing a working service and production structure which most usually exceeds most of its counterparts within the private sector. It is an exemplary setting for one to build their future upon, especially young people just starting out in their adult lives. It provides training to learn new skills within a rigid, healthy and disciplined environment, providing a purpose for ones personal direction in life.
Productive, exciting, comrodery
Helpdesk Technician / Domain Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great insurance and leadership
Cons: low compensation and little to no time off
Tons of opportunity to learn your skillsets and strengths.
Excellent training and education
Great benefits
Low compensation
Excellent experience for those who do not know where to take their career
Headquarters