U.S. Navy
7,781 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Advance opportunities were great
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCAugust 19, 2014
I learned a lot about patient care. I enjoyed the people I worked with and was able to learn a lot about team work and keadership
Job security
Plane Captain (Current Employee), Lemoore,CAAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day is 12 hours long. I learned discipline, integrity, and commitment. My co-workers made it all worth it and you build a bond that is strong. The hardest part of the job are the hours they really take a toll on you. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendships it creates and the opportunities.
Honor, Courage, and Commitment
Engineman 1st Class (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long underway periods
The U.S Navy is a proud and strong military branch, that based around it's Honor, Courage, and Commitment. A typical work day could be anywhere from general preventive maintenance, to manning General Quarters stations in anticipation from enemy threats. What I learned while serving in the U.S Navy, is making sure to pay attention to detail. The smallest – more... things can lead to the biggest disasters or prevent them. Living up to ones potential, being able to lead, mentor, and sett good examples for junior personnel. Being timely, efficient, and proactive while working on a job, piece of equipment, and everyday general cleanliness. Building commodore, with your shipmates. The hardest part of the job, would have to be being away from family. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are doing this to protect your family, friends, and country. – less
Very energetic work place
Aviation Technician (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 19, 2014
Pros: i got to fight and serve my country
Cons: medical seperation
I worked as an aviation technican, hospital corpsman, and information tecnilogist,
I am forever changed
Master-At-Arms (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaAugust 19, 2014
I learned quite a lot serving in the United States Navy. The Core values of the Navy are Honor, Courage, and Commitment. Honor is always doing my job to the best of my ability. Courage is to do the right thing, even when it may not be the easiest thing. Commitment is not giving up, even when it seems like there is every reason too. I will carry these – more... core values with me, not only in my job, but in my personal life as well. – less
productive and fun place to work.
Barracks Manager (PO2) (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, seeing other cultures while deployed
Cons: alot of time away from home for training.
typical day depends on your job and where you are in training cycle. Learned key leadership skills and also communication skills and time management skills all of which also help in personal life. co-workers are like family. easy to talk to and communicate very effectively.hardest part of job being gone all the time training. most enjoyable would definitely – more... be see other countries and their cultures. – less
Amazing people to work for
Supervisor of Personnel Department (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: exciting and different everyday
Cons: dangerous to a point
Felt great about serving my country. I loved traveling and learning new thing. The best job I've ever had.
Amazing opportunity with many valueable lessons to carry on
naval engineer (Former Employee), mayport, flAugust 19, 2014
I am blessed to have been apart of this branch of service that provided me with not only an sense of honor but integrity. I was a part of a close family of servicemen and women that serve and protect this great nation. My duties onboard where extensive to say the least but worth every ounce of my determination.
Very stressful but rewarding job.
Mineman (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2014
The hours can be long and the work can be stressful but at the end of the day the work gets done and you feel part of a family.
The Navy gave me direction in life
Interior Communications Technician (Former Employee), The worldAugust 19, 2014
Pros: traveling and learning at the same time
Cons: no life of my own
It was a never ending day of electronic repair, securing ship board qualifications, deflecting negativity.
I learned a lot about electronics, life and diversity in this world. It was invaluable.
Management was very supportive of me because I worked very hard and applied everything everything I learned.
This life was exemplory in teamwork.
The hardest – more... part was being away from family and everything that felt familiar.
The most enjoyable was going to new places and meeting new people and at teh same time developing myself as a human being. – less
Learn about yourself and serve your country
Aircraft Maintenance Control Chief (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: overall benefits
Cons: dangerous, away from family a lot
Serving in the military is the most challenging experience I have ever attempted and the most fulfilling. I joined the United States Military to find out what kind of person I am, to take an adventure, and help me succeed in life. I found all that and more. It is not an easy life and even harder for ones family, but I am thankful for the experience.
Amazing experience
Plane Captain (Aircraft Technician) (Former Employee), MDAugust 19, 2014
I really enjoyed my time in the NAVY i will never forget what i have learned. Not just my job but the leadership qualities that the NAVY has taught me.
Disciplined and great teamwork environment
Machinist Mate Third Class (Current Employee), Norfolk Va.August 18, 2014
Pros: job security, all benefits for my family and myself.
Cons: being away from family, duty days and deployment.
A typical day consists of beginning the weeks maintenance on hydraulic, compressed air, and refrigeration systems, and troubleshooting any equipment that wasn't in proper working condition.

Management worked at my level and helped me with anything I ask assistance on

Co-workers are motivated and always in high spirits especially when it means getting – more... a job done.

The hardest part of the job is not getting to spend time with my family as much as I would like to.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the world and learn about new cultures while at the same time learning a career building job. – less
A very difficult, but rewarding job.
Electronics Technician First Class (Former Employee), San Diego, CA, Bremerton, WA, Everett, WA.August 18, 2014
Long days, 24 hour duty every 4th day- six hours on six hours off, deployments and under ways where you are gone anywhere from a week to eight months.

If you can get past that it's not so bad.
Great Organization
Administrative Operations Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IN, Memphis, TN, Whidbey Island, WAAugust 18, 2014
Great opportunity for training, security, advancement, travel, and personal achievement and accomplishment.
Productive, Professional Environment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAAugust 18, 2014
Occasionally had some rough moments. Deployments kept me away from my family and friends. I became proficient in Microsoft Office. We managed training records for 1000 sailors. Managers rotated on a yearly basis. The best part of the job was the job security. The worst part was being away during deployments and the occasional 70 hour weeks.
United States Navy
Second Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: pay, free basic needs - shelter, food, healthcare, great co-workers, 30 days vacation, free education
Cons: the stress of the jobs, dealing with rank structure, politics.
A typical day at worked started with formation at 0545 and receiving the plan of the day. I worked on the Gas Free Engineering Systems and had an extra duty of maintaining the qualifications of the ship in Damage Control aspects.

I learned a great deal about military politics, personal growth, and management skills.

Management here is always in training – more... and learning new skills. Some people have great interpersonal skills, while others are new and are still learning.

With a team of over 80 people, some of the co-workers were great to be around, while others just seemed to be there or didn't care.

The hardest part of the job is learning the politics of the military and finding your niche to fit in.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting great people and having lasting friendships later on. – less
life changing a place of belonging
Youth Leader (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 18, 2014
working as a youth leader for the united states navy was a rewarding experience.the hardest part of the job was having a child in my group leave, due to a parent being stationed somewhere else.The most enjoyable part of my job was observing the youth group i was assigned to work with grow and use the tools I taught them in their daily lives.
Exciting and Challenging
LCS SUW DET 3 Senior Enlisted Leader (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits and job security
Cons: separation of family and some restrictions on advancing your career.
The US Navy and Military is structured and predictable - which I like and look forward to but won't mind having a little more freedom of my own schedule. Unique experiences, constantly working with new people and on different jobs all over the world with cutting edge equipment. I have experienced many different leadership / management styles, been trained – more... on a number of schools, both military and civilian. Hardest part of this job is the separation of family, but at the same time the best part of this job is the travel. – less
Great Place
Expeditor, Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, lifelife friendships, contributing to the greater good of the country
Cons: away from family while on deployment
Great leadership that is always there to help guide you threw problems/ questions/ issues that may arise.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more