U.S. Navy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,918 reviews matching the search
Great Career
Aircraft Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2016
Had I not gone through a divorce I would still be in the Navy. Great career, great benefits, and you are guaranteed a pay check every 1st and every 15th. You meet a lot of people from different part of the country as well.
Educational, exciting, and fun place to work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2016
The navy was a fun and very educational job. I learned how to better communicate and work with others. I formed a brotherhood with my co-workers. That brotherhood is still alive and well today, as we all still keep in contact. The hardest part of the job would have been being away from my family at times. I missed the birth of my oldest child because I was deployed. The best thing about the navy had to have been the friendships you form. Not all people get along on board a ship however, for the most part it is like a big loving family. I do feel the pay should have been more, simply because we were protecting the country. I don't think there is a more important job in the country.
Pros
Great leadership, advancement opportunities, great co-workers
Cons
Pay, working hours at times
Constructive environment, ability to learn, overall fun
Engineman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2016
The U.S Navy gave me plenty of opportunities. I traveled the world and learned how to operate multiple pieces of equipment. I had advancement opportunity and learned the ability to be a leader, developed great work ethic and determination. Overall and incredible experience.
Pros
Free health care
Adventurous opportunity
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2016
The Navy provides an excellent opportunity to learn a trade skill and perform well at it. They offer schools to excel at your trade as well as on-the-job training. You have the opportunity to travel to various destinations around the world as well. Management changes every 2-4 years so it can be difficult to grow accustomed to each person's managerial skills, but once you do, the job becomes that much easier. Each day provides something different. There is always something to get accomplished. You co-workers are just that, co-workers. You need them just as much as they need you. Among everyone, the job gets done. Individualism is not something the Navy promotes. Everyone relies on everyone.
Navy
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2016
Great place. Best years of my life. Deudhxjfj. Handbags have. It was dung shsjjxjxkdmsnzhhzksndudghjxjidkdndbxjjxdmde
Shsjsjsjsj
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Great job security..
Powered Support Systems Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 24, 2016
The hardest part of the job is waiting on the call that you've received it. if you are not familiar with the jargon of the service that you are working with, it helps to get yourself acclimated. It prevents embarrassing moments where not knowing that the "bulkhead" is a wall, a "hatch" is a door or a set of stairs is called a "ladderwell".
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not good for creative types that can't follow directions
Productive and rewarding
Fire Controlman (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2016
The Navy has made me mature faster and in more ways I would have dreamed. Also it offered me the chance to get on my feet and learn a wide variety of skills that I will be able to offer the civilian work force. I am proud to have served but it is my time to move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
Healthcare, Food, Travel, college benefits
Cons
Away from home a lot with very long work hours at odd times
Great place to work love the people that i worked with.
electricians mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2016
While I was in the navy I learned the electrical trade. Normal working days were from 0700 to 1600. The best part of the job was trouble shooting and fixing just about anything. The hardest part of the job was leaving my wife for months at a time.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
leaving for long periods of time.
learning and growing up experience
Aircraft Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2016
was able to travel the world, worked with different walks of life on a daily basis, a work day could consist of painting, cleaning, taking up non-skid on the flight deck, fighting a fire, launching aircraft off of the ship and recovering them. most enjoyable part of the Navy was being able to travel the world and the people that I worked with.
Very Awarding Work!
Assistant Workspace Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 22, 2016
I loved my job as a hospital corpsman. Best rate in the Navy! Due to job in the navy, I found my true calling. :)
Pros
Benefits, education
Cons
stress, workload
A good place to learn and have a great time.
Parking Manager (Former Employee) –  Bremerton Naval Station, WAJuly 22, 2016
The Navy was a great place to learn maintenance, management and people skills. I was provided a chance to work on several different platforms, and several different types of people..
Great opertunities
Aviation machinists mate (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJuly 22, 2016
The navy has allowed me to obtain great technical skills , for my career in the navy and for the same career out side of the navy.
Well Structured Work Environment
Close-in Weapon System Technician and Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
The US NAVY in short was a once in a life time experience that provide quality skills any employer would prefer in today’s work force. The job is vast and over welling but build a foundation of great work ethic, time management and problem solving. I am very proud to have served my country in the US NAVY.
Pros
Job Security, Free Medical, Free Dental
Cons
Deployments that could last 10 months away from family and friends
Navy
Gunners Mate (Former Employee) –  Mayport Naval Station, FLJuly 22, 2016
How to write a review for the Navy. 4 solid years started as a undesignated seaman but after 1 year picked up the rate of Gunner's Mate. Working with all the guns on the ship, Loading,Shooting,Cleaning, Issuing out,Teaching the crew how to shoot and ATFP. Served 2 deployments in the Middle East,Africa, Europe, Black sea area and south America.
Excellent for world travel
Harbor Patrol Unit Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 22, 2016
Ability to work outside of comfort levels, learning new things and different approaches. Amazing healthcare and dental plans, life insurance. 30 days paid vacation days.
Productive workplace.
Operations Specialist/AEGIS Operator (ADS) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2016
The US Navy is very productive and has many sailors to work along side. I learned many management skills. Going to explore new places in the world is my most enjoying memory of the navy. i enjoyed my service years and really learned a lot.
Assist the Navy Support Center (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 22, 2016
is not bad at all. Its just like any other job. To work for the Navy you have to be patient, focus individual .
pros: benefit

cons" away from family and friends you months
High stress environment, poor work/life balance, excellent benefits
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIJuly 22, 2016
The US Navy is an excellent place to start if you don't know where to go and would like to develop some kind of skill. There are plenty of options available however, depending on which job you go for there is quite a bit of personal sacrifice that goes along with it. You will not have much time with family, lots of travel sometimes on short notice, if you get stationed on a ship you will eventually be deployed. There is a lot to gain here if you need somewhere to start in life.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
High stress, poor work/life balance
Military
Recruiting Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2016
Great Branch. Everyday is different. Hardest part is relocating from home and every three years. Management can be youthful, so if working for someone with less life experience is a problem, apply for officer or move on.
Pros
No financial worried
Cons
Too much stress put on the hard workers.
Alot of work with zero leadership or respect.
Aviation Mechanic Inspector (Former Employee) –  Yigo, GUJuly 21, 2016
Not worth the time. Not appreciated for any work done while every one above you receives your credit. Got a lot of work experience but that is about it.

4.4